Buu Saga

>Vegeta becomes evil again despite him clearly mellowing out in the Cell saga, even breaking his honor code by teaming with Gohan to kill Cell, they threw all this in the trash bin for muh fight with Goku again
>villain is a Cell rehash in neatly everything besides personality, since he regenerates, absorbs organisms and copies the Z fighters moves much like Cell did
>fusions, fusions fusions
>Buu has 562912390 forms and it's confusing to understand which one is stronger than the other
>Supreme Kais are not only retarded and dumb, they're useless, it's slightly above Yamcha levels
>super saiyan kids
>Easten Supreme Kai always had that dumbfounded look on his stupid face, as if he knew absolutely nothing about Earth and its fighters, when he's supposed to be a guardian of the universe

How could they fuck Dragon Ball Z so bad? Cell saga had some mistakes but it had plenty of good ideas, the Buu one is just a major mess.

I liked it, it was mostly quite good. Goku showed some real development and maturity, so did many characters like Chichi (tragically, most was retconned in Super). Buu's design is pretty great too. The slice of life at the start was top tier as well. Vegeta was a dick throughout Cell's saga, he only truly reformed during the Buu Saga.

>>Buu has 562912390 forms and it's confusing to understand which one is stronger than the other

Buuhan > Buutenks > > > Kid Buu >= Super Buu > Fat Buu > Skinny Buu >Half Fat Buu

Whether Super is stronger than kid or not is up for debate since no direct comparison is made and there's some contradictory evidence for either side of the argument.

Vegeta was never evil when Majin really, it was more like he couldn't stand not fighting with Goku when it could have been the last time possible, and so he opposed him focing him to fight. And that's a pretty big part of his character and Saiyans in general.

Buu is almost nothing like Cell, except maybe Buutenks and Buuhan, but they were there for so little that it barely counts.

Fusions are great

Not confusing at all

The Supreme Kai is stronger than Piccolo, besides he wasn't supposed to be a fighter, just like all the other deities in the series (Korin, Kami, Kaiou).

Gohan first went Super Saiyan at 11 years old, and Super Saiyan 2 at the same age. This is younger than Goku was at the beginning of Dragon Ball, half bloods are supposed to be this powerful. Also, being two and not having Chi-chi nagging over Goten meant they could fight together constantly and get Zenkais from early age.

There are so many deities in DB because the universe is huge. That is like complaining that the president doesn't know about some small town's people.

Vegeta was clearly reformed in the end of Cell saga. He developed a bond of sorts with Future Trunks, and this was obvious when he got enraged after Cell killed trunks.

Then he apologizes to Gohan for fucking up, and on top of that he goes against his proud race honor code by helping Gohan to kill Cell. So in the last fight he picked saving Earth over his budo shit. Then later he recognized Goku's noble sacrifice and all that, looks pretty clear cut he was becoming mellower.

>Vegeta was clearly reformed in the end of Cell saga.
Wow he got mad when his son got killed, what a saint.
>Honor code
Vegeta has NEVER been honorable, I don't know what manga you think you were reading. Pride and honor are not the same thing. He apologized to gohan because his idiotic outburst made everything worse. And he didn't give a shit about the "nobility" of goku's sacrifice, he was just mad his rival was gone.

>Buu is nothing like Cell

>regenerates like Cell
>absorbs others like Cell
>is able to use the Z fighters' moves, exactly like Cell

What are you basing this on? The fact that one is green and the other is pink makes them different? It's the same fucking shit regurgitated in a different package.

The difference is that Gohan had tons of training and was pressured by Goku to become one, while in Buu sage it's like "lol we're SS too"

Fusions are shit. I like how supreme kai fuses with the other useless piece of shit and it doesn't fucking matter at all for anything, and it introduced tons of filler.

>>regenerates like Cell
His regeneration was nothing like Cell's and his absorption was closer to a fusion. The similarities you mention are pretty fucking superficial.

Piccolo regenerates too, doesn't make him similar to Buu. Cell's specialty wasn't absorbing, he was supposed to absorb only Androids 17 and 18. Buu absorbed anyone that he could, and as a mechanic it worked pretty differently. And of course he could use the abilities of the people he absorbed, that was the point of it.

If you compare Fat Buu, Super Buu or Kid Buu (which are the ones that appear the most) to Cell, the similarities are very little. Buu is an angry and childish force of nature with focus on versatility because of being made out of a gum-like substance. Cell is a creature created from every Z-Fighter and their enemies, with a holier than thou personality that is seeking perfection.

Their similarities are at most situational.

Namek arc is 1000 times better than these 2 shit arcs so who cares

Kid Buu's design is one of my favorites from dragon ball. Then they turned him into a race of little girls and I knew I gazed upon perfection.

His "getting back at Cell" moment was one of the few good things he did so far.

Of course he has some sort of warrior's honor code, he scolds Trunks for suggesting Goku to take a senzu bean when he's tired against Cell, and he said he hates having to eat them himself. It's pretty evident that Vegeta despises being helped, and has that fight to the death shit that is some sort of fighting code, even if he does go as far as killing defenseless defeated foes.

Namek is very boring before Goku arrives. Toriyama fucked up by killing everyone in the Saiyan Saga. Namek would have been a lot better if more fighters had survived and gone to Namek.

At least it was somewhat salvaged with Piccolo's revival.

During Cell Saga, when the Saiyans were training in the hyperbolic time chamber, Vega said that Saiyan hair stops growing at a certain length.

Does this mean that Nappa was always bald?

>superficial
They matter a lot because they have the same fucking strengths in battle, they cannot be defeated by any attack that doesn't destroy their entire bodies. They're not superficial at all, they're the same shit, with a small new twist to it, at best.

Piccolo regenerates, but it was always evident he could be killed with a strong blast to his midsection, or a powerful attack, as this happened multiple times to him and his father.

Cell and Buu are identical in the way they need to be absolutely obliterated to be defeated. In fighting terms they have the same "ultra-regen" capabilities that do surpass Piccolo's, given how many times Piccolo died with damage that couldn't really do much to Cell or Buu other than force a small wait.

Cell could absorb anyone when he had his tail, that's what he did to countless living things in the towns he attacked, and that's how he got stronger than Piccolo. Don't split hairs, it's the same mechanic, one uses a tail and the other uses parts of his gelatinous body, big deal.

The differences between the two are fluff, in the fights they behave the exact same, Buu gets blasted to bits often then regenerates, but that's exactly what happened to Cell in the self-destruction part

>Giving a fuck about something made for autistic ten year olds.

Is Goku the biggest asshole in the serie ?
Vegeta went through the effort of switching sides only to force Goku to give him a fair fight, and even then it turns out he didn't go all out since he could've pulled SSJ3 out of his ass at any time.

He doesn't like receiving aid during fights because he's too proud, but he's never been above cheating or ganging up on people. Smacking Cell to distract him wasn't any particularly out of character moment for him. If anything, his MU HONOR spiel only became really prominent AFTER he reformed.

It was his rage over trunks that showed character development, which was kept into the Buu Saga.

>They matter a lot because they have the same fucking strengths in battle
No they don't. Cell's regeneration is far more limited, while Buu can do whatever he fucking wants with his body. The strengths are nothing alike. Buu can imitate the moves of the Z fighters, but he has his own movepool, whereas Cell's movepool is entirely from his components. The way they fight is nothing alike.
More importantly, their personalities and drives are completely different. They're not remotely the same characters.

I agree that they are similar in that they have to be obliterated, but that ties in to the fact that they are both monsters and not normal living things.

The absortion thing is completely different because Majin Buu didn't just absorb people and get stronger, he did when cornered and it was a significant thing changing him as a whole. Cell was basically just eating.

Your last paragraph sounds like you haven't read/watched either arc, at least in a while.

How is Cell more limited in his regeneration? He can grow his entire body back from a single cell.

Just because one has an android body and the other can stretch his gooey body doesn't make their strengths different at all. Both need to be completely while many other villains could be killed with injuries and those impaling energy strikes.

Oh yes, they have different personality, big deal. They recycled the same ideas of Cell with Buu.

Cell was just eating, but Majin Buu turning people into food before eating them wasn't? It's the same concept rehashed again.

Oh yeah, one can stretch his arms, this makes them totally different, I'm sorry.

Cell was eating them to get stronger and on a smaller scale to get strong enough. Buu was literally eating them by turning them to candy just because he was childish, and on a huge scale. Buu's eating has nothing to do with his absortion.

>How is Cell more limited in his regeneration? He can grow his entire body back from a single cell.
Because Buu can instantly regenerate from anything, cut himself to pieces mid fight, use his regeneration offensively to appear behind his opponents from a thin mist. Moreover, Buu could use magic or his own moves, as well as copying others.

The only similarity is they have to be obliterated.

>but Majin Buu turning people into food before eating them wasn't?
Majin buu didn't power up from eating people, and absorbing people powered him up, but changed him.

Evil buu absorbed good buu via eating

you're basically splitting hairs here, both can absorb other organisms and inherit their strength

It's like when people make those shitty zombie media and say, no no no no, they're infected, you see? They have a fungus that makes them go like that.

it's the same fucking mechanic

Both can fully regenerate except Buu does some things with his body. So what, both can fully regenerate and Buu has some extra abilities. It's the same mechanic again.

You forgot Buu's "I'm literally just the Blob" form.

there's also that form after the absorbed the muscular kai, looked like super buu on steroids since he was buffed up all the time

According to Goku, Super is stronger

Goku is an asshole.
>instead of staying with his family and young son, decides to have adventures in the otherworld instead
>hey guys I just came back from the dead, now lemme train this boy I've never seen before instead of staying with my family and another young son i've completely ignored

What the hell was Toriyama smoking when he started the Saiyan arc?

The manga was all about martial arts, taking form Journey to the West and later involving demons, but come Raditz and suddenly everything is more serious (even more so than during King Piccolo's coup), it turns to sci-fi, everyone can fly and there's much more energy blasts.

What's more, it all happened so fast. How was the reaction at the time?

DBZ is much, much worse than DB, I just watched Dragon Ball again, no filler and great fights. Tried to rewatch DBZ, the first episode is Gohan crying in the forest. Shits pretty fucking bad, I couldn't get past the first episode to be honest senpai, while I was glued to the screen in Dragon Ball.

vegeta was always evil faggot, until the last battle with boo

why would you want to train with some cuck and a lazy faggots who have no desire to train? Even Vegeta called out Gokus on that

Dragon Ball is chock full of filler too. I actually just rewatched it and the difference with Kai's pacing was very noticeable. The pacing actually ruined some moments for me, as the manga is a lot tighter (the anime adapts something like 12-13 pages per episode).

The problem you are speaking of is solely Toei's, you should read the manga for a better comparison.

>Evil buu absorbed good buu via eating
As an exception, which he literally points out.
>you're basically splitting hairs here

Not at all. Cell could absorb living biomass for a small increase to his own ki, or absorb the androids for a fundamental change. Buu can eat people because he is hungry, or absorb people, anyone at all, for a fusion-like form.
It's not the same mechanic at all.

>Both can fully regenerate except Buu does some things with his body.
Which makes all the difference. You keep saying the fights are the same, but Buu's body makes his fights completely different from cell, not to mention the way he fights is also based on his more childlike, feral personality.

So they're not alike in the way they look, not alike in the way they act, not alike in the way they fight, not a like in the moves they use... yeah, that makes the similarities pretty superficial.

Which?
Eh, that one's animeonly(in action) and only transitional in the manga. It's also not really possible to judge it's relative strength.

Also according to Goku, Super powered up to transform to kid.

why would goten train if his father was never around? kid was literally abandoned by goku, and he would probably think he's better off not fighting because it got his father killed and made goku as loving and caring as a nigger "father"

And in the end Goku said he was more than a match at full strength vs kid buu but never said the same against super buu. He was just scared of him

More evidence of super being stronger

Because at 4 gohan wanted to be a scientist. Goku made the right choice leaving him to train an actual defender of earth. Gohan was made to be a cuck. Toriyama agrees

They would have been as fucking useless as they were on Earth, if not more. The people they would have been fighting were leagues above Saiyan saga Nappa and Vegeta. Even Dodoria and Zarbon would have ripped apart the Z fighters, and Piccolo was only useful because he trained with King Kai and then fused with Nail.

hey guys I could kill Majin Buu but I decided not to, you guys got little dumb kids to do it for you, brb having fun in the otherworld lol

>autistically posting in a thread just to call everyone autists

>And in the end Goku said he was more than a match at full strength vs kid buu
Which he never proved. Goku repeatedly made errors in judgement in those fights, and Kid Buu pretty much toyed with him.
The only evidence for Super being stronger is Goku didn't want to fight him while they were trying to rescue everyone. Other than that, there's no real comparison.

I still find it odd that goku thought he was a match for Kid Buu when he found it impossible to deflect his earth-busting attacks, and had to beg for him to stop / run away.

Its what happens when you have failures for children. Goku doesn't realize that half saiyans from a low class bloodline are pussies

I don't think he could have killed him to be honest. He had enough power to beat Buu blow-for-blow, but his time on earth wouldn't have lasted more than a minute or so more. He made the right choice.

Everything you are saying is just plot stuff that could've been mended. Tenshinhan was the closest one to hurting Nappa before Goku arrived, discounting the Kienzan as that is hax.

Krillin and Gohan got a boost thanks to Guru, and they could have easily had everyone unlocked. That together with some training and better scaling would have made the early stages of Namek much more bearable.

The Ginyu Force fight is just a retread of the Nappa fight, but with more enemies and less fighters. Imagine if they had had real fights to show them fully.

If you are going to say that they are too strong for any other fighter to beat, that is just something stated later, and Toriyama could've just made things be different.

Goten can't train if his father isn't around? What?

>DBZ is worse than DB
I wonder if anyone actually thinks this or just says it on here because they're expected to.

There's various things Goku hasn't proved, but in the end Goku fought kid buu and Super did not. Saying super buu and kid buu are equal is like saying ssj3 gotenks and gohan are equal because they both had the upper hand against buu but none were able to defeat. There is more reason to believe that gohan is stronger than gotenks and there is more reson to believe super is stronger than kid

he never had a role model to serve as an example, Gohan was a book worm, and his dad would rather be dead than to be his father, kids need role models to follow

>Because at 4 gohan wanted to be a scientist.
You mean at 4 he was already indoctrinated by chichi.

>Gets mad when Goku gets the kill
>Gets mad when Goku gives the rest a chance to be the heroes

This fanbase is pure cancer

The one where it's just millions of years earlier and he has no real form.

>the point
>your head

People don't like that because it was a fucking retarded decision, not because they wanted Goku to get the win. If he had the ability to kill the universe-threatening monster beast, he should have fucking done it.

>he would rather risk the destruction of earth and the universe than to do what needs to be done
How noble of him.

He also held back against Vegeta, he's a grade A asshole, that's what he is.

Because if Gohan wants to train is because he really wants to and not because he was indoctrinated by Goku, right?

>but in the end Goku fought kid buu and Super did not.
Out of necessity. Goku fought kid buu because kid buu cornered them and the manga hit it's climax. Plot direction isn't an accurate judge of fighting power.

>Saying super buu and kid buu are equal is like saying ssj3 gotenks and gohan are equal because they both had the upper hand against buu but none were able to defeat.
We see super buu fight both of them and can draw our conclusions from that.
The same can't be said for Super and Kid Buu, since they didn't fight the same opponents.

No. Half saiyans are soft hearted. Goten did not like to train as they grew and neither did trunks Its the opposite actually. Once they made their own choices nobody wanted to become a fighter

Goku didn't bully his son into training, nor did he scream and throw a shitfit whenever chichi mentioned books.

>source my ass

Goten enjoyed training just fine, he just got lazy.

Gohan was forced by his mother to study through his entire childhood, it was all he knew. He wasn't even smart. He got outsmarted by a half retarded bubblegum man.

>Vegetafags being unironically butthurt because Goku didn't want to make Vegeta job in 5 seconds with ssj3

Oh wow that's a new one hahahaha

Anything past the original Dragon Ball is garbage anyways,

it's just Goku's kids, he's a cold, autistic dad, so his kids want to distance themselves from his activities

>job
>I use buzzwords I don't know the meaning of
Go ahead, throw out cuck and asspull next.

It got pretty fucking silly to be sure.

You had demon king piccilo throwing around nuclear level ki blasts, only for radditz to come in looking weaker by never displaying any real power. But he's stronger tho, the plot said so!

It's okay, you can admit that you like Z better. I know everyone thinks they're supposed to love DB and denounce everything past it, but that's wrong.

>Goku didn't bully his son into training

Because Piccolo did it first

EoZ

Well to be fair, Raditz was never trying to blow anything up. They were still selling planets at that point so he didn't want to bomb cities. Fighting two clearly weaker guys wouldn't call for anything as strong as a nuclear level blast.

>muh selfinsert daddy issues

The thing that isn't canon anymore? Okay

Dragon Ball has mediocre arcs too though:
>Pilaf Saga
>Muscle Tower Saga
>Captain Blue Saga

>inb4 "EoZ will get retconned with Super xD"

People complain about Gohan becoming a pussy college boi, but it made perfect sense. Piccolo was right, he never lusted for combat like Goku does. Yeah he went SSJ2 against Cell but that only happened after a long process of trying to push him over the edge to purposely do that effect. If the world was on Gohan's hands, shit would be fucked since he doesn't truly love fighting and can't bring himself to overcome the villains. Just like when in the Future Trunks timeline, he ended up being killed by the Androids, he never had that thing that Goku does that motivates him to always fight and get better than the bad guys.S

o after Cell, and without an immediate threat, he went back to what he likes doing, college and all that. It made sense if you think about it.

>source:my ass

>If the world was on Gohan's hands, shit would be fucked since he doesn't truly love fighting and can't bring himself to overcome the villains.

That's the problem. He's an irresponsible pussy who just leaves everything to daddy.

thank goodness for Buu Saga, Steven Universe would exist without it

Goten literally said he didn't want to train

Why isn't canon anymore? Because Super? The shit show where only Goku and Vegeta are relevant and the kids do nothing?

Kek, sure, that will change the EoZ

Source is common sense, Ricardo the Retardo.

Common sense isn't a source. And even if it were, it wouldn't apply in this context.

>Cell Saga
Complete shit, yeah because Cell really needed to be perfect.

>Saiyan Saga
Epic and really professional.

>Buu Saga
What the hell is this? It was random. Is it Majin Vegeta arc or Babidi arc, what the heck did Gohan become Ultimate for when he was just absorbed.

you have to be brainless to consider DBZ better.
DB is all about learning new moves, new places, enemies and adventures, DBZ is just people getting faster (which for the viewer makes zero difference past a certain point) and throwing bigger blasts with a fuckton of staring in-between.

>fighting is the only way of conclusions.
whether he said he could have defeated kid buu but couldnt is one thing. He felt that Super Buu was stronger and going by his word he would have a harder time against Super. You can't just say 2 fighters are equal because there was no set in stone power level.

>Last time I let my son save the world, I died because the villain almost destroyed the planet and I had to take him far away

I'm on Goku's side this time

If DB Super Meme changes EoZ, Super stops being canon, not the manga

It was like that by the end of buu saga. Except Super had Trunks Vegeta and Goku while Z only had goku and gohan by buu saga

The first part of Dragon Ball was good, old school Yamcha and shit was fine.
Muscle tower was good as well, the frankenstein bait was pretty good.
Captain Homo was pretty good too, fucking alien pirate robots, and rats as a weakness, I'm not sure why you dislike those sagas.

nah if toriyama wants to retcon then its canon. If toriyama decides he wants Yamacha to be strongest in super then it will be canon. DBZ was never consistent

Gohan did fucking nothing during Buu saga, stop being delusional

Not enough powa lebbel

Also arale was in blue saga, so it's automatically shit.

Dragon Ball is just a horrible anime. The only reason people even care aside from retarded Mexicans and Niggerd is because it was the first real big successful anime western world adopted because of muh fighting and muh yelling constantly.

Just seriously the worse damn gateway anime you dumbasses discuss and care for more than the damn creator himself cares.

If he doesnt give a fuck about consistency and actual character and story development why the fuck should you even care and waste time discussing it

I hated that crossover episode, it was so bad even the next one with the indian guy was tainted by its shittiness, but I could ignore that.

Japan is as obsessed about db than any other country, retard

>Implying Toriyama would change his god tier manga with his current 30 min. Toy commercial named DBSuper

>homosexual hipster thinks his opinion matters

That's if he wants to. I just want super to have another good arc. Blackmasu is better than the majority of z villains

Yet every dragonball thread here is doomed to over 500 comments and how many people in the western world bitches about it more than the Japs do. Did you forget how much screaming was involved over the pasted decade over MORE DRAGON BALL WE NEED MORE DRAGON BALL

Yamcha's part was fun, but Rabbit Monster, Oolong and Pilaf Castle were really bad. Thankfully it's short, so it doesn't really matter.

Muscle Tower's only good part is Murasaki, the rest was just battles that fell flat after the Budokai which amazing fights and gags. Android 8 was a very uninteresting character too.

Captain Blue was a fun character, but his arc had no focus and he wasn't a fun villain. The pacing was a bit bad too, but it's the better of the bunch. Tao Pai Pai right after showed how bad it was though.

Replied like a true mexican

Gohan fucking up was more or less to provide opportunity to give Vegeta and Goku their final bit of development together. If he actually won while ultimate, it would've just been a rehash of the already half-assed end of Cell where Gohan just gets the big powerup after an arc that barely focused on him.

Also, it served to hammer home the idea that the strongest dude just powering up to a new form wouldn't likely save the day, which was a prevalent idea throughout the arc, with the only exception, Vegito, being the result of Goku and Vegeta setting their differences and pride aside for once.

Japan has an official Goku day