Dead Mans Bullshit

In 2003 I was working in Derbyshire, one night in the pub I got talking to this fella who said he was working on a movie, that movie was Dead Man's Shoes, widely recognised as a masterpiece of revenge cinema.

During our chat he said that there had been a bit of a script rewrite, he said originally the film was to be about a Pakistani gang who had drugged, raped and pimped out a soldiers little sister who had ended up killing herself.

Apparently the backers didn't like that idea and forced the director to change key elements of the plot, the main point being that the villains must be white men.

>How many other films does Sup Forums think have been altered to better fit their narrative
>Would Dead Mans Shoes have been better with the original plot?
>And if the same situation arose now, at a time when Muslim rape gangs are mainstream and nobody denies their existence, would the same thing happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1G1lQlsAzpU
youtube.com/watch?v=_dzRkqHGE_o&t=259s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shiiiiiiiiiyaaat. Thats interesting as fuck, I have always liked Medows films. What did the bloke you talked to do on the set? be vague if you want

I don't recall mate, he was a local bloke and knew Shane Meadows, I got the impression that most of those involved were known to each other, I met the lad who played Anthony too, but he only stayed for a half.

>Would Dead Mans Shoes have been better with the original plot?
Holy fuck yes. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, I can't even imagine if it was full on Sup Forums tier.
I'm fucking pissed now.
Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=1G1lQlsAzpU

I think it would have red pilled the whole nation at a time when they needed it most.

>youtube.com/watch?v=1G1lQlsAzpU
lol, imagine that scene but with a kebab shop manager instead.

You should try and contact Shane Meadows or Paddy. It sucks because they'll never be able to capture how great the original was, even in a remake.

I think that ship has sailed sadly. But maybe someone else could script something along the same lines.

link to full movie for anyone who's interested
>youtube.com/watch?v=_dzRkqHGE_o&t=259s

Imagine the bad guys as Ahmeds and the little brother as a 12 year old girl, that's what we should have got.

wow thats sad to know (if true)

film blew me away when i first saw it, went in totally blind, had the gang been asian no doubt it wouldve had a shitload of negative press coverage and back then i may not have even bothered watching it.

I assume the backers motivation was related to that more than politics, however if the film had been done in the same way, humanized the bad guys and fleshed them out as relatable characters like the film eventually did, it might have done just as well.

I don't think Meadows would have made it as an anti Muslim movie, but it's possible he originally wanted to at least raise something that at the time and even now to a certain extent is being swept under the rug.

I like the way 'Rita, Sue and Bob too' managed to touch on it very subtly, delivering a red pill with humour.

Fuck, I love Dead Man's Shoes and never heard that. I don't know if it would have been better or worse but the actual cast were absolutely spot on for small town throwback scumbags, it was like watching my neighbours.

>(((the backers)))

Makes sense, can't have the goyim know

Agreed, the film we got was amazing, and all the characters were spot on.

I saw that movie and can imagine it. I still don't believe it though.

How do we defeat these people? How do we clense the EARTH of these animals? Someone tell me before i keel over and die

>blocked in your country

Fucking hell

Not being funny right, but my gears missing and all you've got to talk about is fuckin' elephants.

lol

>That's MY concern!

This thread reminded me to watch this again, that's my night sorted

Great film which is heavily influenced by Taxi Driver. The original Taxi Driver script was far more racist, the pimp (Sport) was to be black for one.
The only scene of that type which made it to the final thing was when Scorsese is in the back of the cab and talking about his wife.

Fuck off, Lyall.