Net Neutrality is Good

You guys are supposed to be smart

youtu.be/wQtiIazfoQM

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/archives/2014/11/12/net-neutrality-is-a-lousy-idea
investopedia.com/terms/n/natural_monopoly.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But somehow Google and Facebook are allowed to play favorites with content. Deletes everything rightwing and they have the nerve to complain about themselves being censored

Net neutrality is good, the 2015 FCC take over of the internet was bad. There are multiple solutions to most problems.

>Net neutrality is good, the 2015 FCC take over of the internet was bad. There are multiple solutions to most problems.

FUCK OFF KIKES

>Google and Facebook

are not ISPs

Google is an isp

google is an isp its called google fiber

I say we fuck with Pajeet. We are seriously letting pajeet dictate our nation's internet laws.

We are. That's why we're not falling for your Soviet scheme.

reason.com/archives/2014/11/12/net-neutrality-is-a-lousy-idea

>supposed to be smart
bro Sup Forums is where smart ppl go to act like retards

Sup Forums has been filled with this jewish fear tactics NN bullshit for a week now. its the number one slide thread for a couple more weeks till NN stays

What's with all these NN shills posting these reddit tier cringe memes?

>its called google fiber
retard its limited access to a dozen cities

and net neutrality means google fiber cant play favorites with what sites get the best speeds (a good thing).

FUCK OFF FALSE FLAG KIKES

I think that's what upsets them so much. The old game doesn't work anymore.

So why are they able to remove content they sont like under the current state of net neutrality?

>calls me a retard
>doesnt realize that it doesnt matter if its only in a few cities its still an isp

Internet net should be part of the commons

Prove me wrong

so what if it even is?

the fact that it cant play favorites with what sites get full speed and what sites get shit speeds is a good thing either way.

I have no idea if it's good or bad or if even does the things (((people))) tell me it does. All I see is shilling 24/7 to keep it in, and that makes me suspicious as fuck.

did i ever say it did or didnt play favorites? i just said that its an isp and its called google fiber????

>youre a dumbass
Starting something that was never there in the first place for who knows what reason

LOLOLOLOLOL. Fucking idiot.

Anything google wants is bad for us.

Fuck net neutrality and fuck reddit.

They can run their search engine any way they like.

It's impractical to not have monopolies in this sector like it's impracticle to have multiple energy infrastructures. Now Sup Forums is unironically shilling to hand complete power of the internet to actual kikes cause of muh free market which is in its final stages of being a monolithic network of corporations. The actual state of this place

This has never been an issue. The only services that play favorites with data are mobile carriers, even in places with no net neutrality laws. If you don't like a pick and choose plan, choose a different carrier.

Anything Comcast or Verizon want is bad for us.

>choose a different carrier.

>hmmm what's a monopoly?

Fuck off pablo!

mobile carriers aren't monopolies you fucking retard. there are hundreds to choose from.

So?
Both internet companies like ISPs

Just the newfags and the shills.

>just pay a cell phone company to get shitty internet on your mobile phone

is this even an argument?

, the 2015 FCC take over of the internet was bad.
The FCC did not "take over the internet" you raging fucktard. The ISPs want to restrict your access to internet , and it was the government's policy to stop the deceptive practices

US should repeal Net Neutrality because it's another jew scheme.

The fact that people on Sup Forums are arguing against NN tells you how bad things have gotten.

reddit likes net neutrality, so I don't.

>just pay a cell phone company to get shitty internet on your mobile phone

or pay for a plan you like.

what the fuck are you talking about?

There are jews ready to profit on both sides of this issue. Which side has fewer?

but that's wrong, you fucking retard

Shalom fellow white people, I am one of you. We must keep the government from stealing our net neutrality ir the internet will become literally Ancap

>there's a non-zero number of Sup Forums-tards that think exactly like this

You contradicted your own point, if they must by neccesity be monopolies then they will have complete control over all internet communication. Having a monopoly by defintion is anti competetive. Also the jews who run these companies own congress. Either way we are fucked

who are you quoting?

And what if an ISP decides that they're going to completely block Sup Forums and other "controversial" websites entirely? And what if this ISP happens to be in a spot where there are few, if any, alternatives? Or what if the other ISP's in the area all make the same decision to block Sup Forums?

Calling people fucktards is a great way to lose a campaign, genius. Picture proof the left still doesn't understand why they lost in 2016.

>but that's wrong, you fucking retard
anywhere not in these cities it is correct

and because of net neutrality Google cant play favorites with what sites get the best speeds.

repeal net neutrality and google absolutely will play favorites, it could even shut down access to sites it doesn't want people to have access to.

save net neutrality to save internet freedom.

My point is net neutrality is the closest thing to a 'nationalized' internet we are going to get.

Only if it's revised to make it illegal to remove any content posted by users that is legal.

Some industries are "natural monopolies" because the start-up costs are so immense that huge that competition is basically non-existent. This applies to ISP's because the amount of money required to actually put in wires for internet is enormous, and of course there is limited space for actually putting in wires.

investopedia.com/terms/n/natural_monopoly.asp

>2015 FCC take over of the internet

imagine being this fucking retarded

>Calling people fucktards is a great way to lose a campaign

calling your friend a fucktard when theyre being a fucktard is exactly the correct thing to do in most cases.

So you admit NN is just a regulation that favors silicon valley over telecom?

It's a good rule for life. Have you ever tried to have a conversation there?

What an amazing day. Sup Forums posts leftist opinion videos as credible sources. Muh internets indeed. You guys are pawns doing Soros' bidding. Extra credits who have previously made videos about how races don't exist and how video games are misogynist, and how everyone needs to open their borders.

>Only if it's revised to make it illegal to remove any content posted by users that is legal

telling web sites what they can and cant do with their web sites is a fundamentally different and unrelated problem.

ISP's are monopolies because of zoning laws.
The limited space is due to governments not wanting wires going everywhere, it's not a natural limit.

To a lolbertarian it is.

>They can run their search engine any way they like.
But the ISPs can't run their businesses the way they like though right?

>So you admit NN is just a regulation that favors silicon valley over telecom?

are you fucking retarded? NN equally applies to all providers of internet access services.

Why should we give ISP's the power to decide what websites we can and can't visit?

Exactly, it forces high bandwidth traffic from Netflix and Youtube be seen equally. It's regulatory capture at it's finest.

Net Neutrality will eventually lead to the Feds enforcing SJW speech standards on the internet.

Imagine if the entire internet was PBS.

y'all can't wait to pay for the $20 extra Sup Forums+ package from Comcast to get on this shitty website after we lose Net Neutrality, huh?

Why should we give that power to Google?

So you think putting in wires is cheap?

That is entirely faulty and bullshit.

Unless you think EA will give you better internet. Fucking tard.

>implying I don't want the whole internet to crash and burn under it's own weight

>Net Neutrality will eventually lead to the Feds enforcing SJW speech standards on the internet.

you are fucking stupid. Net neutrality forces ISPs to not play favorites with what web sites get the best speeds.

>it forces high bandwidth traffic from Netflix and Youtube be seen equally

no retard, it means that people see it at the same speed as every other site they choose to see.

>You should blindly follow the support of this law and never question its motives

Sorry, we're not retarded Redditors. When some of the most evil people on the planet support this shit, it's necessary to question the motives behind it. Is net neutrality a good thing? Probably. Will it ruin the internet if it gets repealed? Almost certainly not. There are more important topics than the ones people armchair-protest about. Fuck off.

Google is a search engine, not an ISP. If you don't like Google then you can easily use a different search engine. Google cannot prevent you from accessing different websites.

ISP's know NN can be reenacted, yet you claim they will go hog-wild censoring things right away? The only thing they will do is fuck up Youtube and Netflix. They won't decide what websites we can or cannot visit because they know if they piss too many people off then NN will come back. So the worst you'll see is those high bandwidth silicon valley corps getting fucked.

>Why should we give that power to Google?

google can do whatever the fuck it wants with its web sites. If you don't like it pass a law that forces them not to. Either way its a completely different problem than the issue of saving net neutrality.

Why should Netflix and YouTube be essentially granted subsidies by ISPs to pump HD SJW propaganda into every American household?

The sad thing is that you'll be the one crying hardest when all the ISP's in your area decide to permanently block Sup Forums.

>Dont let ISPs get in Google's way goy

ISP is a business, not a cumbucket. If you don't like an ISP then you can easily use a different ISP. ISP cannot prevent you from accessing different websites.

>I have no idea what net neutrality is and does but I am opposed to it because people with different political opinions that me also benefit from it the same as I currently benefit from it.

jesus Christ save us from this hell

>durrrr im two retarded too use VPN

>contrarianism is the dominant ideology

I swear this place dropped 100 IQ points when all the Trumptards turned up

>ISP cannot prevent you from accessing different websites.

Actually they can but net neutrality isn't the way to prevent it and ISP blocking or slowing websites is a very minor issue in terms of internet freedom.

Yes they did, fucking brainlet. By classifying broadband ISPs as "common carriers", the FCC gave themselves full regulatory control over the internet. That's what the debate is largely about. Pay fucking attention.

Creating a new search engine is more difficult than creating a new ISP

Not an argument. Return to Reddit.

>calls me a fucktard
>childish cartoon drawings
>literally no argument
Wow, thanks. I will adopt your opinion on this particular matter post haste!

>using government force to tell a privately owned company what they may or may not do is a good thing, fucktard

War, please.

Aren't these the people who think that spirits and Martians are real?

They might as well be, they have the most servers in the world. Google goes under and the Internet disappears

>Twitter is a private company they can do whatever they want you drumpftards

>WHY IS COMCAST THROTTLING MY INTERNET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

See

>If you don't like an ISP then you can easily use a different ISP
most americans have 1 high speed internet service provider for their region. Choosing another provider is not an option.

>ISP cannot prevent you from accessing different websites

thanks to net neutrality this is true now, you monkey fucking retard.

>Google can do whatever it wants with its websites
>Comcast can't though because fuck corporations
It's literally the exact same issue.
Why should I support a law that lets high bandwidth consuming leftist propaganda engines masquerading as businesses get price capped cheap bandwidth?

Really makes the Ganglia twitch

Where i choose to go with the bandwith provided is my problem
Fuck the ISP trying to overcharge me depending where i go

>thanks to net neutrality this is true now, you monkey fucking retard.
Sorry, this board is for adults only. Some of us can assure you that was never a problem prior to 2015.

>mfw the VPN booster package is an additional $149 a month

You poor fools don't have a clue, do you.

Nufag

>If you don't like an ISP then you can easily use a different ISP

This is perhaps the biggest lie in the entire thread. Most Americans have access to only 1 ISP. They cannot switch.

>ISP cannot prevent you from accessing different websites.

That is true now because net neutrality is in effect. But once net neutrality is removed, ISP's will be able to easily block off any website that they deem undesirable.

Just because you have ways to bypass a problem doesn't resolve the root cause.