Really though

If an adult wants to kill themselves and not harm anyone else what business is it anyone else? Government included.

agree

Yup

Cool

because the person is government property, it's illegal to steal or damage government property

agree, but i do think that this person should seek mental health help first

Usually because that person owes debt and it becomes harder to collect from their families after they die

I say suicide should be punishable by death.

Can't have tax cattle offing themselves and depriving you of profit

What if they don't have debt? The law makes a difference between murder and self defense, why not financial based suicide and suicide for other reasons?

this guy gets it

It is moronic to have laws against it, people should seek help before doing it.

As someone who has made a legitimate attempt many years ago, I am glad that I did not succeed.

Sorry that I left the girl who saved my life too. If only the wisdom and calm of my life now could have been shown to me then.

Less tax money you dingbat

the fuck are they going to do? Arrest you?

Look into your country's criminal code, and point me a punishment for a sucessful attempt of suicide.

You can't. So, there is no government interference.

An adult can kill themselves , no one can stop them from doing so. Even if the individual fails once and gets detained or something , even if they hold them forever the goverment would only lose money. You are free to kill yourself and there is nothing to do.

well, if the person has massive debts, then it is the business of those he is indebted to.

This.
Ask about your ''Person Surety'' and who possess it.

>living in the US
>NOT having debt

Virtually everyone has debt unless you’re a complete NEET living under mommies roof. But even then, do you have a cell phone mommy pays for? Probably — so if you off yourself that’s one less monthly tax for the phone company. Just think about every day utilities — car insurance, internet, electricity, water, etc. in order to function on any level as an adult in this society.

>”but that’s for corporations not government?”

>what is taxation

But you do have the freedom to off yourself. What are they going to do about it after you are dead?

>western citizen
>no debt

LOL.

rape your family to death
put them in sex slavery
publicly execute them to set an example

You're not an individual you're a cell in a superorganism.
> You're not an individual you're a cell in a superorganism.

The only reason the government outlaws suicide because people could lie about assisting suicide as a defense to murder.

something I hadn't legitimately thought about before. Thanks user

?

Just kill yourself lmao

BECAUSE THE GUBBMINT CAN NOT TAZ THAT "PERSON"

That was the gayest joke. Fuck you.

Just don't take 20 people with you ahjmed

A nice example of why it's impractical is the incidence at Hawthorn station on a hot afternoon in Melbourne, Victoria.

A man decided to off himself by jumping in front of the train coming from the city at rush hour on a hot day. This caused the entire line, due to the incapacity of the infrastructure to cope with diversion, to overflow the trams and make people walk in order to get to twice the normal population in trains at the next station, and cut off transport from the central business district.

As summarizes
"You're not an individual you're a cell in a superorganism"

You can make some sort of abstract egoist argument that none of it is real and/or deconstruct it to mean nothing but satisfactory release of the individual committing the act, but you are solely responsible for the backlash you cause to family, friends and others who rely on your very existence to continue, and not disrupt the flow of the majority.

Suicide is selfish and can even be considered cowardly. But, it shouldn't be outlawed, that's not going to stop it. Get help. Sort yourself out.

uh suicide is illegal, duh

Suicide is bad for everyone, it's a mistake to send the signal that it's ok. That kind of thing could get out of hand and you would have people jumping out of buildings all over the place. Nobody wants that.

We should hold a little party for anyone who decides to kill themselves.