Childhood is rooting for guts, adulthood is realizing Griffith makes more sense

Childhood is rooting for guts, adulthood is realizing Griffith makes more sense

is this the berserk thread?

Yes

No Griffith is a dumbass. The moment he fucked charlotte he fucked everything up.

>Implying you wouldn't have done the same

Maybe the rape was a bridge too far, but Griffith did nothing wrong

>a bridge too far
That's not the right term. Also, he fucked up everything.

No I wouldn't fuck some ugly girl like Charlotte. There are way hotter girls in the berserk universe.

Griffith would do everything for power. Get fucked by old men and also fuck ugly princesses

How does Griffith make sense?

>he doesn't want to rape a princess and make her submit to his will
It's not the beauty, it's the implication itself that makes it lewd. You can fuck any common good looking whore, but taking the virginity of a princess is extremely rare.

he was just following his dream, these people were willing to die for him, and were liikely to die anyway, why shouldn't he have sacrificed them

People are not pawns to be sacrificed. Die you forget the blaze talk Guts has with Casca? Everyone has their own desire and dream, and they come together to hopefully accomplish it by fulling the dream of someone with a bigger dream; Griffith.
None of those people were willing to die for him, hence why they were all ready to move on with their lives after finding out what happened to Griffith and start a new mercenary group with Guts.

Griffith had no right to sacrifice them.

>Die you forget the blaze talk Guts has with Casca?
Did*

No, adulthood is wanting to fuck Griffith in his butt.

Fuck off to Sup Forums or 9gag with your shitposting.

>none of them were willing to die for him

they literally signed up as mercenaries under him, and only a third of them were left by the time they rescued him. they were willing to go through a dangerous mission to rescue him

he was right

>Griffith did nothing wrong
>Also maybe he did do something wrong
Griffith apologists confirmed esl kun

>they were willing to go through a dangerous mission to rescue him
Because they still naively believed that he could be returned to his former glory if they saved him. Did you read the rest of my post?

>Hence why they were all ready to move on with their lives after finding out what happened to Griffith and start a new mercenary group with Guts.
Griffith sacrificed them just before they were ready to move on with their lives.

There's a difference between dying in combat and being sacrificed by someone you thought was a friend. They're "willing to die" for him, as in willing to take risks that may cost them their life.

Donovan really made the most sense

Fucking old men for money and sacrificing your comrades to evil demons is totally sensible thing to do.
Just not for a man.

Besides dying for someone isn't the same as having their soul sacrificed into a pool of forever torment.

Worth fighting for =/= sacrifice
Griffith never sacrificed any of his men prior to the Eclipse. He wanted to become king while killing as little as possible.

>Because they still naively believed that he could be returned to his former glory if they saved him
But he's raised well above his former glory. Looks like it paid off.

>Griffith sacrificed them just before they were ready to move on with their lives.
He never pretended they were anything other than soldiers for his cause. And in the end his cause required them to die in a slightly different way than they imagined they would. The horror.

>But he's raised well above his former glory. Looks like it paid off.
Heh, true I guess. But it didn't benefit them. You raise someone so that it may pay off in return.

>He never pretended they were anything other than soldiers for his cause.
He never saw his men as mere pawns, only tools. There is a difference.

>And in the end his cause required them to die in a slightly different way than they imagined they would.
They never wanted to die. That's the point. They fought for his cause, not die for it.

>implying you wouldn't fugg a boipuss or two to become king

Gay detected

Griffith: "Here's the plan guys. I will let you guys be eaten by monsters so that I come out alive! Deal?"

no one in the army would agree with that lol not even Casca

Griffith didn't fugg any boipuss, he got his boipuss fugged.

If you sacrifice yourself willingly it's an expression of yourself that you chose, if someone else sacrifices you then it's the opposite. In one case you're affirming yourself and your own values and view of the world and in the other they're being denied.

Adulthood is realizing that Guts isn't an edgy anti-hero, just someone trying his hardest to be one

Guts is an incredibly nice guy who just happens to be the in mercenary profession.

>they literally signed up as mercenaries under him,

You sign up as a mercenary for money and ambition, not to achieve some guy's dream

If I could make my dreams come true by murdering people who love me that I don't give a shit about I would

Griffith fucked up. He should not have seduced Charlotte.

So adulthood is following a Satan with empty promises?

Guts is a man of extremes, if you're someone he cares about he'll do anything to protect you, going so far as to fight and kill 100 men at once to protect his teammate. If you're someone he doesn't know or hates however, you're literally nothing to him, just another ant under his feet.
The moral of the story is, always, always be on Guts' good side.

>Guts is a man of extremes, if you're someone he cares about he'll do anything to protect you
Then why didn't he save Griffith?

He didn't even know Griffith was in trouble until he came back. As soon as he found out he immediately went to save him.