Are you excited?

Are you excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AL2fQgK_LR4&index=2&list=PLRv7JTrXydaE9egJwgRCGJ-a1-iZ4ylR7
youtu.be/sXdYkn0emYk?t=4m10s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is the actor that was cast for Light

Not excited, but intrested to see how it plays out.
Don't really give a fuck about black L or something else if it fits the narrative.

Keep it in one thread, Sup Forums.

and this is the actor that was cast for L

I don't browse Sup Forums
How was I supposed to know there was a thread for it there?
Sup Forums just seemed like the place to talk about this since its a movie based on an anime/manga.

Not anime or manga.
Fuck off.

Death Note literally is both an anime and a manga

>whitey outsmarts the negro again

triggered

The thread that was linked is literally on Sup Forums and made before yours. Keep it in one thread, nigga.

Still could pass for Light with proper makeups.
Why is L a nigger now?

>Keep it in one thread, nigga.
Oh, my bad. I checked the catalogue and Ctrl+F'd for "Death Note" and nothing came up

This thread at least isn't made entirely for shitposting

And there are a dozen tennis anime, but you talk about tennis on Sup Forums

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see where you're coming from, but I still disagree.
This is literally a Death Note movie, its a live action adaptation of an anime/manga.

It'd be like saying you aren't allowed to make a thread on Sup Forums when a videogame is having a movie adaptation made

>I checked the catalogue and Ctrl+F
>I checked the catalogue
>I didn't notice the nigga among all the anime images
Wew

I was mostly scanning for pictures related to Death Note, I didn't make this thread just to talk about a black guy so it didn't really catch my attention

What about the 2015 musical starring Kenji Urai of Kamen rider and the Sailor moon musicals fame?
youtube.com/watch?v=AL2fQgK_LR4&index=2&list=PLRv7JTrXydaE9egJwgRCGJ-a1-iZ4ylR7
It is like the internet doesn´t know that exists, but itapparently does.

Has there ever been an american adaptation of an anime/manga that didn't suck?

Edge of Tomorrow was okay if that counts

Edge of Tomorrow was very good, but carried somewhat by tom cruise

Do you think there would be an outrage of black lives matter when Kira Kills/Outplays L in the end?

no Ryuk?

That's exactly what they're going for
>liberal alliance of women and minorities, lead by an educated black man, work together to defeat a privileged white mail teen spree killer
They're working the left zeitgeist angle hard and the fact that an angsty white kid will end up killing a black guy is very intentionally set up to provoke outrage from the carebears.

Willem Dafoe is doing the voice

>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

I think this a really good fit, but I still expect the movie to be a piece of shit.

How much of the plot do you think they're going to cut or bastardize to fit into a movie?

this is the only reason to watch this shit. Willem Dafoes performance will be stellar

He looks insufferable. Good pick.

I can't wait for the conflicted liberal cries of whitewashing while trying their best to ignore the blackwashing.

Ugh. Are they dropping Light's background of being a perfect young man who's both brilliant AND handsome?
Oh wait.
>L who is part english was cast by a black guy who looks like a rapper.
I guess they don't care about the characters that much.

>who looks like a rapper.
he IS a rapper

I've stopped being excited for anything remotely related to Death Note.

>First we attack the heart L
what did he mean by this

>Adam Wingard
They announced that it already changed directors though from Adam to Sam Raimi

I want to believe that but I don't see that said anywhere.

>putting sam raimi in a movie in the current year

They completely missed the point with Light. If they wanted to capture the spirit of the original series they would've picked some tall, straw jawed pretty boy that girls instantly lust after. His physical and intellectual "perfection" is party of what makes him so narcissistic in the first place and gives him the idea that he's capable of being a god.

Instead they picked some scrawny school shooter looking guy because they can't think outside the box when it comes to high schoolers wanting to kill a bunch of people.

They would need to actually read the manga (or watch the anime) to grasp these points though. And I doubt someone in the production team actually read/watched everything.

>this shit by people who clearly do not care about the source material gets made

>meanwhile Keanu's dream of a Bebop movie will never be fufilled

No, they made the right choice. Light was an average kid brave enough to take on the task of saving the world no matter how many people he had to kill. Any, ahem, unsavory attitudes he had about his task was out of people's ungratitude.

But most if all what Light did was anything but narcissistic.

It will if Ghost in the Shell doesn't bomb.

He was literally one of the smartest kids in Japan according to test results and he could ask out any girl he wanted. He fit the Japanese standards of a hunk which is the pretty boy with a lean but proportionate body, basically that of a male pop idol. To properly translate this they'd need to pick the American ideal man that all women want.

There was never anything average about Light. Read the source material.

>Calicucks
Wow
What a ... coincidence?

That stuff had no relevance to his view of the world nor to his general standing on the social ladder at that time. You'd have a point if his actions were classist (or sexist, or racist, or discriminatory in any other way) but they were demonstrably not.

Yagami Raito could have been a fat unpopular nerd or a girl and it would have had the same impact on his motivation or victims. Light shows that anybody can have it in them to take matters into their own hands and do good.

He's cool. I liked him in Atlanta and he's going to be in Get Out, which looks interesting as well. Plus, he's from my area.

Not really, its part of what allows him to get away with so much social enginering and how he gets someone like Misa to obsess over him.

I'm pretty sure there's no one from Sup Forums actually posting in this thread.

Perfect fit for Ryuk, too bad L is going to start rapping when he corners Light on live tv.
>Feat. Snoop Dogg
Just shoot me already.

He gets away with "social engineering" by being smart and knowing what to say and when to say it.

And Misa loves him because she experienced first hand that Light is indeed doing good work.

Guys. Guys.

I am certain they cast the nigger because he probably does a mean asspie impression.

Will people call this scene racist if L is black

youtu.be/sXdYkn0emYk?t=4m10s

Are you just playing devil's advocate to practice your arguing skills? Because your argument doesn't work with the story at all and I'm genuinely convinced you're fully aware how full of shit you are.