Occultic;Nine

This show is really setting the flags for a trainwreck.

does it have a Manga?

>More like Occultic;Nose

POYAYA

This pile of shit was setting the flags for a trainwreck from the very first episode. Were you too distracted by cowtits to notice?

What are you even talking about? This show is getting great.

It was a mess from the beginning.

LN

What does it feel like to have shit tastes?

????????????

>O;9 haters can only shit on the show with generic buzzwords or by nitpicking minor shit like autismlords
Not surprising at all

Myu-pom is so cute

You could tell on ep1 this was going to end up a trainwreck.

those goddamn tumblr noses

O;N's biggest problem is that it's overly ambitious. They try to cram every single sci-fi and supernatural trope and setting into the series that there's far more content than there is episodes to explore it. It would have been much better had it been 2 cours although I am still enjoying it quite a lot.

> They try to cram every single sci-fi and supernatural trope and setting into the series that there's far more content than there is episodes to explore it

That's the science;adventure formula since chaos;head. To be honest pretty much all of them are guilty of this but I guess at least Steins;Gate has 24 episodes and part of the reason Chaos;Head was so shitty is due to its few episodes to adapt the source material.

Then again Robotics;Note was 22 episodes and it still managed to fuck up big time.

At any rate so far O;N is holding fine and the flaws I can find in it can be found easily in Steins;Gate as well, unless you consider talking non-stop as a flaw.

>unless you consider talking non-stop as a flaw
Not the user your responded too, but it is kind of annoying. All episodes have huge info dumps made by the power of a character breaking the speed of sound with their mouth, sometimes for 5 straight minutes non-stop without anything else actually happening on-screen. It's the literal opposite of good storytelling.

yeah, I thinks so too.

Or they should have decided for occult or science not both

You don't actually know what a tumblr
nose is, do you?

What? But the occult and the science are the same thing? It's the entire point of the show?

yes, but in that regard you have to explain both, while in doing just one you can set only one set of rules to follow

>That's the science;adventure formula since chaos;head

Not really though? Occultic;Nine started talking about fucking time travel all of a sudden two episodes ago, and at that point it was already chockfull off enough concepts. O;9 is like they're trying to mix all SciADVs into one thing.

Tesla name was dropped since episode 1 and the ending

the point of this show was always occult=science

>That's the science;adventure formula since chaos;head
Not quite, SciADV series pick only a handful of those trope and properly stick with it till the end. Not sure if I could say the same with R;N

But they don't set rules for the occult, they make a point of saying that the occult is being experimented on and modeled using science.
That is what is refreshing about the setting, it doesn't try to half-ass a "science and the occult both have their value" kinda bullshit, it has a scientific approach pretty much from day one.
The series even has the stick in the mud skeptic character, but curbs expectation by having Sarai be right most of the time and accept the evidence really quick while trying to build on the knowledge he gets. Last episode was a great example of this: just when it looked Myuu was going to divine the answer, Sarai has a spark and finds out about it through reasoning.
The evil guys are an evil secret council called "the 7 gods of fortune", who 9/10 stories would be an actual cult, but are actually brilliant scientists who took the cult-like moniker to drive suspicion away from them.

> time travel

Are you sure? Because if it's just about seeing things from the past and seeing things from the future without altering them that's pretty much consistent with fortune-telling and psychometry which is the original basis.
Nothing suggests that the past can be changed, I might be proven wrong in the upcoming episodes, but right now it's too early to assume so.

Meanwhile Robotic;Notes literally makes monopoles rain from the sky.

> Not quite, SciADV series pick only a handful of those trope and properly stick with it till the end

Define "handful". I don't think O;9 has so many more than usual.

Ascension

Megane Duo a best

How is this show?

Is Not-Quite-as-big-Tits still around?

You should wait till it finishes. There's too much cliffhangers right now

>but it is kind of annoying
I love O;9 and I agree.
I had no idea my attention span is so shitty because I need to stop the episode just to take in everything I heard.

I only have a problem when the cult is talking, for some reason I just find them to be too boring to hold my attention.

Apparently it went anime original pretty quickly so hardly surprising given that Aniplex always seems to take a throw everything currently popular in there and hope for the best approach instead of just focusing on making a concise coherent show as a means of appealing to a fanbase. Late Night Anime (particularly weekend slots) don't really seem to have clearly defined genres or focuses anymore in general though, it's just a whole bunch of shit that is apparently popular being thrown into 12x22 minute blocks of television that air so late at night it can't even get 0.1% ratings and then gets called programming nonetheless.

All I can say for Science Adventure series fans is better hope Steins;Gate 0 gets managed by Kadokawa still rather than Aniplex like the last batch of Science Adventure stories that all bombed otherwise it's just going to be a shit show again most likely.

The word trainwreck has lost all meaning, hasn't it? I blame Mayoiga for killing the word.

I've been lacking a bit behind on the episodes, it seems so god damn boring.
Does it get better?

I'd ascend with her if you catch my drift.

It has rapidly ramped up in quality starting from episode 5-6.

well.. I'm sort of stuck on episode 7.
Guess I'm done for.

You say a lot of shit but none of it is relevant. The O;9 anime is overseen and composed by the writer of the LNs. Aniplex have no involvement in deciding the actual contents of the story.

It lost all meaning years ago really.

Well time and time again at least this approach has been proven to be shit for making quality coherent television. I've yet to see an example of an LN/VN writer handling scripts for TV and it working out even remotely aside from a small handful of Gen Urobuchi stuff. I can at least blame Aniplex for popularizing this approach that barely works for television of late for sure though.

>I've yet to see an example of an LN/VN writer handling scripts for TV
Gatoh-overseen projects.

Sorry in recent times and Gatoh tends to be Kadokawa overseen things anyway. Like if there isn't a correlation between Aniplex adapting LN/VN stuff with original content parts that just results in shit anime in general though I really don't know what to say then as it sure as fuck looks that way season after season particularly in this precise Sat12AM time slot. Even Keyshit had some merit before it transferred from Kadokawa to Aniplex as lead anime producer too and now is being adapted out of shitholes like 8-bit. Absolutely nosedived in average sales rather quickly as well after one success with Angel Beats back during the peak years of average anime BD sales in 2010.

Really this just seems like another case of Sup Forums being contrarian to posters for the sake of it as I don't know how many times in a row Aniplex/A-1 has to cock up an adaptation that on paper at least sounds like it could potentially make for an interesting subtly coherent entertaining show before people start to say "Hey wait a minute here this looks like a pattern!"

I honestly think O;9 is one of the better things A-1 has done lately and am enjoying it immensely.

Doujins when?

Literally never.

reduce the girl's breast size.

Now, did it change the plot? Not.

Thus, her large breasts don't affect the plot either

ultimate pleb filter

>replying to Aniplex-kun
This guy sees aniplex as a huge conspirancy to make anime shit.
He can be recognized by shitting on A1/Aniplex projects with text walls trying to prove to everyone that he's right about Aniplex ruining everything they touch.
He has a huge hate boner for Aniplex. You can't reason with him, just ignore his autism

I don't think he even watches the shows he shits on.

I like DFC better but do not mind Ultra C.

Plebbitfriends are too soft, they need to go back

I find one on Ex the other day

I think Ryo-tas design pretty much killed any chance this show might have had from the beginning. It's a blatant fetishistic design, but one way too specific, that clearly bothers most general audiences or even most people who aren't into it.

>It's a blatant fetishistic design, but one way too specific, that clearly bothers most general audiences or even most people who aren't into it.

So it's not generic watered down sensitized garbage made to appeal to the lowest common denominator? Good. Even if I don't like the final product I can respect them for going for a specific audience. People who are honestly THAT bothered by something like this can fuck off to begin with.

I'd descend on her if you catch my drift

I like the ideas and shit behind the show but holy shit is this pacing ridiculous
It also feels like it's gonna end in a let down

Chaos;Head's source material was still retarded though, so while having few episodes didn't help, there wasn't much to salvage anyways

I disagree. Part of what Ryotas was in these first episodes make it better when thw twist comes.

The only problem I see I feel it so short.

>People who are honestly THAT bothered by something like this can fuck off to begin with.

My nigga.

No, it fucking isn't. But thanks for keeping your shitposting out of threads about the series until it's almost over now that people from outside finally started recognizing it as something good, that first episode was a fucking beautiful casual filter and I hope more series do that kind of thing in the future.

The revelation Ryoka is the reicarnation of the daughter of none other than Nikola Tesla and the voice behind Zonko, the one that has been guiding Gamon the whole time, hit the idiots who said she provided nothing to the story like a dozen trucks.

So he's like that ufotable ubw guy except he shits on Aniplex, got it.

It's been obvious for ages that she's Zonko, the opening literally hints at it. Only retards that probably only watched the first two episodes thought she wasn't going to be relevant.

More importantly, what's the point of THESE two chucklefucks. They better have some big tie-in to the rest of this in the last two episodes because I can't think of any sort of relevance they added to the show besides just wasting time.

Why make it big if it doesn't affect the plot either?

If it has a twist then it's a train-wreck.

I can't help but notice the enormous contrast between Aveline and Ryoka. They are two incarnations of the same person, but man, it feels like Ryoka in her past life hated being so flatchested, because compare that with her current apperance.

>Surprise! Tesla wasn't a virgin after all!

Smaller tits would make her look better.

They're not the same person and Ryouka isn't a reincarnation of Aveline, she's just a descendant.

No reason? Any reason? It doesn't matter

I agree, but then she wouldn't be able to comfort Gamon with a Ryo-tas special.

>repels faggots and normalfags
>single handedly revitalized interest in cowtits

Is ryotas our girl?

A smaller dick would make girls like you.

It has a manga too.

Fucking called it.

As long as it doesn't pull a Robotics;Notes, it'll be good. I can tell.

>breaking the speed of sound with their mouth
You'd do better to refer to it as
>going over the nyquist frequency

This. If they spoke slower, gave you time to digest what they're saying as they speak it would be a much better show.
I only hope the Blu-rays improve this seeing as they don't need to stay strict to a broadcast time.

>nyquist frequency
it's late. It should be
>going over the nyquist rate

The main villain is fucking Nikola Tesla?

They are. Ryoka is Aveline, which is why their looks are almost identical. Hashigami had already met her and was entrusted with the key when Ryoka was 11.

But Aveline is merely possessing her body.

are they going back to the living realm?

or are they going to become ghost detectives?

Contrast with her original body. Aveline was flat chested as fuck; Ryoka has got a huge rack, and you can't help but think she did that to herself.

I'm going to laugh if next episode Ryoka tells to Gamon she wanted to have a sexier body because her previou self was a flat board.

Ririka's back alive again.
Her casket is empty and she has a shadow.
They'll all come back to life, or at least most of them.

Thing is, I wonder if they're going to be ugly zombies disguised with their real faces or what.

You are wrong and need to rewatch the episode. is correct.
The main villain is someone who married into Tesla's family and wants to use his research for evil.

>revitalized interest in cowtits

did something happen to cowtits?

>that sketch
what does it mean?

Does it really matter, though? She was already Aveline 5 years ago, and probably way before. I won't be surprised if the possession happened since birth.

So no, Gamon, you haven't been with a different person just now. Get a hold of yourself, man.

Do you have proof Aveline is always inside Ryoka's body?

Back when the two did meet there was no one in the park, but Gamon did hear the voice of a girl who seemed to be having fun, so much that he mistook it for a radio play. The next shot, Ryoka was there.

She even said it herself. That both 'Ryo-tas' and 'Zonko' are personalities of her.

true best girl

The comittee guy did say something that hit me.

Apparently, there are TWO Tesla Gun. They did mention the key was entrusted to Ryoka, but they did say nothing of her being entrusted with the gun.

Sounds like Ryoka always had the version of the Tesla Gun she always carries with her. And considering she's actually Aveline, the ghost of a girl who died 73 years ago, it would make a lot of sense that she once was exposed to the maximum output of the gun and as a result of that attained immortality.

There's just no way she could have lived this long otherwise, don't you think?

Nah, it handled the supernatural and science stuffs pretty well. Except for some obvious end game mysteries, almost everything has been explained and expanded.

Then it's not possession, but true reincarnation.

Which explains why they are like two water droplets. It's eternal life in all the sense of the word.

And that raises a few questions:

- First, the boot key goes to the Tesla Gun. From the very beggining she already knew of its purpose, as she entrusted Hashigami the key 5 years ago. What is she waiting for to tell that to Gamon?

- We know now the true purpose of the Tesla Gun: it recharges scandium ghosts, extending their lifespan. And if the key is used, the output rises to critical levels and whoever is exposend to its radiation will attain immortality. But Ryoka has been zapping Gamon ever since they did meet, even before he died. Strange, isn't it.

Finally, why did Ryoka choose Gamon? Is it because of the Sky Sensor aka Tesla Spirit Radio? That which is the only device that picks up the radio waves?

Only Ryoka holds the answers to all these questions.

Ryo-tits character design has nothing to do with failure of the writing.

it was meant to be that way to throw you off, to make you think she has nothing to do with the plot and it's just there for obvious fanservice. current anime today rarely does that.

What? You need to make a distinction there because talking is accounted as "something is happening". Drama, romance, mystery,... ultimately all boil down to people talking so saying talking is nothing happening is downright ridiculous. What you're taking problem with is that they dump sciency expositions at high speed and they dump a lot of it. I have no problem with it personally since these expositions both explain a lot of previous mysteries, how they work and set up base for new. They also make for good discussion material.
If they don't explain then viewers are even less likely to be able to follow the show and understand. Some are even proned to call it plot holes and such.
Didn't get it the first time? Rewatch it. You can tell you're watching a good anime if you garner a lot new information from a rewatch.

That guy doesn't even realize that if O;N had originally been conceived as a VN he would be reading now entire walls of text in gorgeous backgrounds. Exactly what he's complaining about.

There's no "true incarnation" since it woukd go against what the show has implied about life and dead. At best it would be planting Aveline's astral body into Ryo-tas when she was still a toddler.

Please tell me this cutie won't die.