Is this Code Geass for adults?

Is this Code Geass for adults?

code geass is just train-wreck LoGH

pretty much

Code Geas is just Star Wars. A lot of bombastic fun that is shit in retrospect but it came out at the right time for a lot of people, especially those who were at the right age. It holds a special place, like a nostalgic anchor, in their hearts. There's nothing wrong with it but you need to understand how and why you've come to think of it as you have.

LoGH is actually just really good. It has more in common with something like Dune.

LoGH being good is one of the shittiest memes Sup Forums ever made.

>meme

haven't finished it yet . but it's not that bad user . it has some boring episodes but it was really good . CG WAS MORE ENTERTAINING THO

Any news on when in 2017 the new series will start airing?

CG is LOGH for babies.

this, if you watch code geass after LoGH you'll end up facepalming every every minute

Read the new manga to get a feel on it, it looks pretty bad to me

No, it's Code Geass in space, dumbass. Everyone knows this.

If you ever have to tell someone what type of anime you like, then LOGH is the prime choice. Not childish like Code Geass or any other teenage MC show, and not creepy or nerdy.

But if the person you're talking to is a normalfag, then you might want to add "it's reeally long lol, but still pretty good".

It's Code Geass for hipsters that don't even like anime. It's good but the fanbase is probably the most insufferable on Sup Forums.

If you're talking to a normalfag, you should always say "dbz and pokemon when i was a kid". If they are more of a weeb than you thought they will followup with something like "what about deathnote or fma" and you can snowball from there to jaded outcast tier anime.

>he can't see a faggot in how they talk
There is always a tell.

It's for the same audience age-range. The anime and the source material novels are teen fiction.

Democracy VS Autocracy > Law VS Chaos

>no hot guys
This is disgusting, How is it possible that someone does not feel attracted to mein kaiser or Reuenthaldo? they are 10/10 husbando material

They're talking about Tytania, another series based on the works of Yoshiki Tanaka.

oh, well tytania was shit.

Why is the LoGH fanbase so obnoxious? It's one of my favourite anime but this shit is unreal. Code Geass is a great show.

wew , i thought all of LOGHfags hate code geass with an exception of moot .

Reddit love Logh
Logh is shit

what does reddit think about code geass?

Just you fucking wait. After Yang's apology the show slowly starts going downhill.
The last season completely runs out of steam and the ending is the dumbest shit ever.

First ~70 episodes were 10/10
~70 - ~100 are 7/10
~100+ are 3/10 with a dogshit end

Yang Wen-li is the 5th smartest anime character of all time (Hilda is 6th, Oberstein 7th, Reinhard 8th, Kircheis 9th)

Shouldn't Hilda and Yang be switched? She technically was the only person to best him.

The two shows are fundamentally different.

LOGH is based on a novel series. Code Geass isn't. LOGH wants to tell a story that could be plausibly set in a real future. Code Geass doesn't. LOGH more or less respects the limits of realism and political complexities(aside from the Church fanatics). Code Geass doesn't. LOGH has as its protagonist an idealized version of Alexander the Great and a Chinese scholar. Geass has as its protagonist a variation of Char Aznable and the antagonist is a variation of Kira Yamato. It's not the same audience, methods or even context, regardless of the "maturity" of the content.

I had feeling its just the guys that want to fit in.

I like both shows and they are not really the same.

Hit the nail on the head.

Kircheis never lost a battle, he could only be outwitted by obersteins bastardness.

Who are the top 5?

>anime
>adults

hmmmmmm...

Code Geass for adults would be the exact same thing except no high school setting, fewer children and teenaged characters, and more sex and blood

Adults are by no means more "mature" or classier than young folks, they just indulge in their vices with more abandon

#5, Yang Wen-Li

>Adults are by no means more "mature" or classier than young folks, they just indulge in their vices with more abandon
Woah

I don't see how "I'll just kind of sit around as my country falls apart and I'm forced to start a tiny democratic nation that is 100% doomed unless it can force some kind of modest political concession" is particularly smart

I mean, I guess he's got very good intuition for predicting how things will play out, but he's dumb because he lacks the initiative to do anything other than maintain a bare minimum standard of freedom

I think you missed the part where he wanted absolutely no part in politics.

and as a result he was chased out of his home, branded a traitor, killed by some krazy cultists, and his adoptive son was forced to go on a near-suicidal mission to politely ask the emperor of the galaxy to consider implementing representative government

>Sup Forums made
People subbed 110 episodes of this shit on amiga computers on vhs tapes after dumping serious money to be able to rip the laserdiscs.

Sup Forums didn't meme this into being good, people put in that effort because it was long considered excellent.

Code Geass is a mecha anime with super powers. It's closer related to Gundam SEED Destiny than to LOGH.

>Genre fiction
>Adults

Applying disdain for supermarket aisle examples to genre fiction in general is /lit/'s great straw man.

Actually, Yang probably has more in common with
Yi Sun-sin (read him up, he's awesome and makes Yang look like a loser)

Its only an issue for me because people make a big deal out of it and call it Science Fiction. I'd be neutral to LoGH if it wasn't held as some sort of "crown of anime elitism" despite lacking the qualities for such position.

>season

But he saved Democracy by convincing Reinhard into making Heinessen a specially administered zone in the empire. This is implied to eventually lead to the democratizing of the empire as a whole as Heinessen good practices are influences its surroundings.

there was a 2 year break between every fourth of the series

I really doubt they would have patience to watch Logh

It wasn't even faitful adaptation
Majority of them probably didn't watch it

To be more accurate, it's Gundam in general meets Death Note with more fabulous fashion and you get Code Geass

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the reference.

>aside from the Church fanatics
>he says in a world where ISIL is one of the most active infantries on the planet
>a fanatic infantry being funded by neurtral merchant states
Jej, shows what you know.

logh is for kids that want to be adults

And let me guess, SEL has no meaning, right?

wat

>doesn't know SEL
>doesn't capatalise his sentences
>wat
Opinion discarded. You have only yourself to blame

It's romance of the three kingdoms for idiots.

>implying that isn't Arselan

Serial Experiments Lain is one of my favourites series. Don't know what Lain has to do with LoGH or Geass. I guess I insulted you're precious mature anime?

I'm seriously hopping that the LoGH remake and R3 air around the same time.

The shitposting will be glorious.

In essence, yes.

Desty Nova, Shiho Miyano, Dr Tenma(Pluto), Vegapunk

Yno

ISIL is not as powerful as the Terraists.

Code Geass is like a parody to LoGH

It is less serious than LOGH, but Geass isn't really referencing it in particular

>ISIL
You mean ISIS, you pc freak

Right, but it feels like one. I even have a hard time calling LoGH an 'anime' because of how different it feels, doesn't have all the tropey exaggerated shit. It gives off more of a western feel.
But hey Code Geass is probably the most entertaining series I've seen.

>use one of many names
>mention that they are a religious group despite PC fags just pretending they're unrelated
Rude, mate.

What is the difference betweeen Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Islamic State of Iraq and Syria?

Dumb american

I'm just being a fag that's all.

Well I just want to make fun of the Isis. what's so dumb about shitposting about it?

Ignorance and stupidity

autism

>no fun
Wow what a downer

It's not that the Terrarists couldn't exist, it's that they couldn't exist given how idiotic and blatantly unworkable their tactics are.
Every show involving them off of Earth they're too stupid to believe. Not in the what they do but the how.

No it's the contrary => Terraist funded Fezzan

if he want can yang wenli accomplish what reinhard has accomplished?

No, scientists > military geniuses

No otakus > scientist

I'm going to watch the first episode of Code Geass today.

If it's shit I'm going to come back here and let you know.

No, adults don't watch (extremely dull) cartoons.

For all that was said about this, it was completely mediocre.

Fucking retarded contrarians.

If people dislike your crappy little space (soap) opera, it's because it's bad, not because they're contrarians.

Have fun senpai. It's a great show

can we make this logh meme thread now thanks

I just marathoned the prologue and OP. So far it's no good.

>LOGH is based on a novel series
>Code Geass isn't

Maybe because Code Geass is based on LOGH

dont u luv their chins

More like Gundam for autists.

LoGH has the best girls, how can CG even compete?

I'm watching the 1st episode of Code Geass and I just got done watching the scene where Lelouch schools the nobleman in chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was moving about the chess pieces, he was really referring to HIMSELF being the king! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later episodes continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say Code Geass is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Jun Fukuyama and Norio Wakamoto do a great job with their British accents.

I watched it and I didn't see the appeal. I'm not in the mood for garish designs, wacky personality quirks or but-what-if-superpowers-were-real???. Thanks but no thanks.

Now back to my LoGH marathon.

I finished Code Geass for the first time yesterday and thought the second half was completely dissatisfying compared to the first. Would I actually find this series enjoyable?

Depends, what did you like about CG and what did you dislike?

The last few episodes made up for it for me.

Watching it with Sup Forums was beyond amazing.

Geass and LOGH have nothing in common though. That's false.