Is there a correct order to watch Gundam in?

Is there a correct order to watch Gundam in?

If not, are there any Gundam series that stand out as better than the rest?

My reccomendation is to start with the movie remake trilogy of the original series. It gives you the rough plot of the original series which serves as a launching point for the rest of the franchise, but is way shoter and cuts out the dumb filler and QUALITY episodes of it.

If you wanna watch any of the AU (Alternate Universe) Gundams, you can literally start anywhere.

If you wanna watch any of the original UC Era timelines, start with the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

You can either watch the TV show or the movies.

I watched all of UC in release order and then started branching out to AU shows that seemed interesting.

For UC, always production order my guy.
For any of the AU just pick whatever series you want and watch it in the order of the series.

Don't watch SEED Destiny, it's terrible.

Production order, faggot. Always watch in production order.

Any just start with bots you like.

Production order.

they all suck. don't watch Gundam unless you have a fetish for mecha.

that's terrible. The TV series is a better way to go even with the filler and quality. There's actual pace to the story compared to the movie.

This

Production order.
But, remember to get the [EG]blu ray release of Turn A gundam when you get around to it.

Original series -> Zeta Gundam -> ZZ Gundam -> Char's Counterattack -> Gundam Unicorn

War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, IGLOO, Origin and Thunderbolt can be watched after the original series.
Stardust Memory can be watched after Zeta Gundam.

Everything else can be watched in any order.

Turn A Gundam makes references to every Gundam show from the 70s, 80s and 90s, but you can enjoy it without knowing everything.

Build Fighters makes reference to everything Gundam ever made; it's still fun if you haven't seen it all but it's much better if you have.

Production order so you can appreciate (or have disdain for) the stylistic changes over the years.
Anyone who tells you to watch the movies in place of the TV series needs to stop pretending to like Gundam and actually start liking Gundam.
Anybody who tells you to watch in chronological order is just retarded.

watch you some wholesome gundam

THIS THIS FUCKING THIS
AVOID SEED DESTINY LIKE THE FUCKING PLAGUE

said nobody with a brain, Destiny is the best easily

The correct order to watch anything and everything is always release order.

What about SEED itself? Is it alright enough to watch without continuing on to Destiny?

no, SEED and Destiny are awesome, you are responding to a troll

I discovered Gundam with SEED, and thought it was amazing; but now that I watched the whole UC timeline, seriously, it's the worse Gundam series I've ever watched.

watch the UC timeline stuff in release order (you can skip most of unicorn) then if you want to start branching off i would suggest starting with Turn A then G-reco, followed by G-gundam then watch build fighters (but not try)

Unless it's Haruhi

No, this applies to Haruhi as well.