Bleach Thread

Previous thread: Congratulations, Sup Forums! You are invited to the wedding of Squad 6 Lieutenant Renji Abarai and Squad 13 Lieutenant Rukia Kuchiki! We hope you'll enjoy the happy celebration!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JUMP_j_BOOKS/status/808598315424043009
j-books.shueisha.co.jp/pickup/bleach_wakly/
missstormcaller.tumblr.com/post/154435818512/we-do-knot-always-love-you-chapter-1-full
mizulily.tumblr.com/tagged/just-renruki-things
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

btw that picture in the op is not a fan-edit, but a read advertisement made by Jump-j Books: twitter.com/JUMP_j_BOOKS/status/808598315424043009

IchiRukifags B T F O

>tfw you will never marry Rukia
It's not fair!

Anime and manga sequel when?
New kubo series when?

>read
I mean "real".

I hope Ichigo and Orihime get a light novel, ova, movie, or special manga chapter someday. Although I'm warming up to renruki (I'm mostly neutral to that ship).

Ichigo/Orihime seems to be the 'main' couple, but wasn't really developed outside Orihime's crush on Ichigo, so it's a bit weird how the focus is on RenRuki.

Not that I complaining, I like actually like RenRuki more, but it just strikes me as odd.

Because Rukia is the single most popular Bleach character in Japan is why.

Rukia prints money, Ichigo and Orihime do not.

Why are Ichirukis still insisting that Rukia looks sad on the cover? It's like these people lack the ability to read facial expressions...

Also you have popular SS character like Byakuya being featured.

Manufacturing a narrative of Rukia being unhappy is all they have left.

By the time she's getting married, shes a substitute captain

Well yeah, its not like Ukitake stopped being dead

>sketches always look better than the finished thing
Why.

Unfortunately not that many people give a shit about Orihime and I doubt Ichigo is as popular as he used to be after that lame final fight.

Shinigami=$$$$$

She actually looks more sad in the sketch. I don't think she looks sad in the colour version

I don't care about any of that. Even if extra material for them is made, I don't expect it to sell that well. I just want to see more of their relationship and family.

Ichigo's popularity as a character dropped way before the final arc, last character poll he was included in had him at 3rd place, behind Rukia and Hitsugaya.

Too bad. You may have 'won' the shipping war, but it seems RenRuki won the advertising award.

I wouldn't mind seeing SoL bits with them. Lord knows they could use the relationship development plus that would mean more Isshin, Karin and Yuzu.

>NH won the Nardo advertising award
>RR won the Bleach advertising award
That's not too bad, all things considered. I'd take those two ships over Ichi/Hime or, God forbid, Sasu/Saku any day.

Japan never really cared for the humans like we did, they mostly care about SS and the shinigami. I wouldn't be surprised if Rukia and Toshiro surpassed Ichigo in popularity since she became captain and he got that adult-form.

See , Hitsu and Rukia had surpassed Ichigo in popularity far earlier than the final arc.

Of course RR would get the advertising, it's their wedding that's getting written about. Why is this surprising? On top Rukia has been the only character shown atm, and she's sell no matter.

I never cared about the human characters either so I'm fine with this.

IRs are really dreading this novel. They're super worried that some ichihime might be included.

I don't care. I'm happy for renruki.

If you buy the novel at a certain bookstore, you'll get this card with it. It feels as if you're being invited to the wedding yourself. Neat idea.

There's no need to be this immature.

I think you're projecting, user.

>muh projecting
Too large for damage control now.

>Of course RR would get the advertising, it's their wedding that's getting written about. Why is this surprising?
The fact that they're going to show anything related to their wedding in the first place is what's surprising.

Got any posts from them?

To be completely honest, I'm not sure what you're problem is here. Mind using your words instead of your >muhs?

The fact that they are dedicating an entire novel to renruki getting married is what's surprising. The fact that they made wedding invitations and the main selling point in ads is their wedding is surprising.

>The fact that they're going to show anything related to their wedding in the first place is what's surprising.

How so? If you think the Japanese fanbase is as psychotic as the Western one over their OTPs, you'd be sorely mistaken.

Nigga just type ichiruki on twitter or tumblr and do it yourself.

I think you're misunderstanding. It's surprising because romance is such a small part of Bleach and because Renji/Rukia is more like the 'beta/side couple' -- I get that we could get a small glimpse of it, but this is an entire novel revolving around them getting married. It has nothing to do with how I view the Japanese fanbase or what their reaction to it would be.
Misfire?

> It's surprising because romance is such a small part of Bleach and because Renji/Rukia is more like the 'beta/side couple' -- I get that we could get a small glimpse of it, but this is an entire novel revolving around them getting married.

It has more to do with Rukia as a character specifically then it does with her and Renji as a couple; also there's simply more that can be written in a novel about a Shinigami wedding than a human one.

It's because it's Rukias wedding user, and the person writing this novel has written two past novels where she's the MC. Nips love Rukia no matter the outcome of pairings, so the book will sell. Only the fujos are the hardcore shippers back in Japan.

I

>Misfire?
Not a misfire. Just elaborating on 's point. The idea of Rukia being someone's bride, wearing white at her wedding, having a shy expression with her eyes lowered as the cover of the novel, imagining that they might wrote details about their engagement and/or wedding is really surprising. And that it's all for Renji is really, really surprising.

Like another user said, it's more about Rukia and Renruki isn't hated in Japan. It's actually quite popular.

Yeah it's easy to tell that renruki in the west is mainly "popular" as a spite ship. Ichihime fans rub the fact that Rukua was deflowered by Renji in ichiruki's face, and ichiruki cling to "B-But they're more popular than ichihine HAHA TAKE THAT" as one final desperate leg to stand on.

There are some legitimate english speaking renruki fans out there but they are few and far between.

Can't speak for everyone, but I know some IH shippers who liked RR first since their history and whole star/stray dog was revealed before IH got serious in the HM arc. I've always liked both, but lean more towards IH since Orihime is my favorite character.

I don't even

Them digits

Actually when the manga was ongoing, we thought Rukia would do one final major thing being the heroine, but Kubo didn't do anything with it so we let it go. I mean it's not like Rukia was the only character that got fucked over this final arc, if anything she probably has the most complete storyline of all the characters. You could look at the glass half full or half empty.

Some people would rather feel sorry for themselves and complain than appreciate what they have.

The only thing they could complain about is Rukia not taking part in the final battle desu, and even then it made more sense for a character like Aizen to work side by side with Ichigo since Rukia wouldn't stand a chance against Yhwach. She didn't even stand a chance against Nodt without Byakuya's help.

>I mean it's not like Rukia was the only character that got fucked over this final arc, if anything she probably has the most complete storyline of all the characters.

This. Keeping Rukia out of Ichigo's shadow, letting her develop as a Vice Captain, earning the respect of Byakuya and defeating As Nodt was a much better character arc than basically anyone else got in the Final Arc.

Rukia was truly the MC after all

More like Rukia's character was completed back in the HM arc after her fight with the Kaien look a-like. That was when she truly let go of the guilt and shame surrounding his death and in her own way avenged him. In the next arc she shows up to give Ichigo's his powers and to inform readers that she moved up a rank. The final arc was to reveal her long overdue bankai, get a fight, hear the words from Byakuya that she's been waiting to hear, and finally become a captain. The fact that an Ichigo/Rukia tagteam didn't happen doesn't bother me since I would've preferred a Uryu/Ichigo one-a better one than the one Kubo gave us.

The final arc as a whole was heavily skewed towards the Shinigami as the 'main cast' as opposed to Ichigo and co, which makes sense since the Shinigami are what made Bleach popular to begin with.

j-books.shueisha.co.jp/pickup/bleach_wakly/

Hisagi novel slated for Spring 2017.

Nice. Excited to see what the cover looks like.

You have to be blind not to see how much detail was put into the final cover. The little snowflakes sewn onto the veil, the soft watercolor, the glossy lips, the expression.

So we all agree Hisagi's Bankai is Ghost Rider, right?

>mainly spite ship
>few and far between
When I was still a heavy Bleachfag (around 2008) RenRuki was more popular than IchiHime, even in the West. Back then there are even some OT3 (IchiRenRuki) following.

I don't get this insistence to dismiss rival shippers as fake (spite) shippers. There are even people who celebrate RR without saying anything about IH when last chapter came out.

She's not more popular than Toshiro.

As of the 13 BLADES character poll, she is.

She is. From the shinigami-only popularity poll in 13 BLADEs (2015):

>Popularity Poll Results:

>1st- Rukia Kuchiki

>Kubo says that he designed Ichigo as the human main character, and he designed Rukia as the main character for the shinigami. He also says that he’s really so happy that Rukia was voted number one in the popularity poll by readers.

>Fans think Rukia is an excellent character, that she’s cute and beautiful (as well as her bankai outfit being pretty) and that she’s quite strong! They want her to keep on doing her best! They also like her bond with Ichigo, that she’s a good to her friends and that she’s funny in combination with Ichigo and Kon!

I'm speaking mainly after the ending now, since before the end people weren't intimidated by renruki because no one expected it to actually happen. Now that it has its hitting the ichiruki fans pretty hard.

We know Toshiro would reclaim his rightful place now though.

Who the flying fuck is Hisagi?

There's no way to know as there's unlikely to be any more official character polls, but in all likelihood Hitsugaya and Rukia are still the top two most popular Bleach characters in Japan.

>no one expected it to actually happen
Except those who pay attention.

Ask your mom.

Tousen's lieutenant, looks like Ichigo with black hair and permanent angry eyes, 69 tattoo on his face, duel-wields twin scythes with his Shikai. Basically a self-conscious edgelord but he doesn't master Bankai until after the final timeskip.

Most popular Gotei member
1. Rukia Kuchiki
2. Toushirou Hitsugaya
3. Byakuya Kuchiki
4. Gin Ichimaru
5. Kenpachi Zaraki
6. Renji Abarai
7. Shuuhei Hisagi
8. Yumichika Ayasegawa
9. Juushirou Ukitake
10. Shunsui Kyouraku
11. Sousuke Aizen
12. Sui-Feng
13. Mayuri Kurotsuchi
14. Kisuke Urahara
15. Shinji Hirako
16. Momo Hinamori
17. Ikkaku Madarame
18. Rangiku Matsumoto
19. Izuru Kira
20. Yoruichi Shihouin
21. Hanatarou Yamada
22. Kaien Shiba & Yachiru Kusajishi
23. Sajin Komamura
24. Genryuusai Shigekuni Yamamoto & Hiyori Sarugaki
25. Yachiru (Retsu) Unohana
26. Kensei Muguruma
27. Choujirou Sasakibe
?
29. Nanao Ise
30. Isshin Shiba
31. Ouetsu Nimaiya
?
?
34. Marechiyo Oomaeda
35. Kaname Tousen
36. Genshirou Okikiba, Roujuurou (Rose) Ootoribashi, Tenjirou Kirinji, Ichibe'e Hyousube
37. Kirio Hikifune

>4. Gin Ichimaru

Good taste.

Damn Momo tanked. I remember her usually being pretty high up on the list.

She's been doing nothing except get stabbed and follow superior officers around.

Is Kubo a bigger trollmaster than Kumeta?

Oh man, why does Nanao have to be so low?

She never did anything until the very end, I think after that poll was even released.

Actual non google translation is out now:
missstormcaller.tumblr.com/post/154435818512/we-do-knot-always-love-you-chapter-1-full

Who do you think is the most excited for Rukia and Renji's wedding? Matsumoto strikes me as someone who'd be eager to attend.

Yeah Rangiku for sure and maybe Kyoraku. I don't know, I figure a lot of them would enjoy any excuse to get shitfaced.

>no one expected it to actually happen
Only reason I expected Kubo not to do RenRuki/IchiHime was fan backlash. Turned out that he never gave a fuck about such thing.

To be fair, she looks melancholic.

Speaking about Hitsugaya, did he end up with Momo or can I pretend he got with Rangiku?

He didn't end up with Momo. In fact, Momo didn't seem interested in his fujobait adult form at all.

No, not unless something happens in novels. They haven't said a word to each other in a very long time.

I ship him with Karin especially now that she becomes a titty monster.

Good, here is to hoping the novel won't mess that up. I always saw them more as bro/sis, but who knows.

Did IchiRuki aka shipping's finest happen yet?

Does anyone have that graph user made that tracks the main characters' appearances (how many chapters total) over the course of the manga?

I remember Ichigo was actually missing from a ton of chapters, but I wanted the actual number.

Nevermind, I found it. So Ichigo was actually absent for over 200 chapters? That's madness.

Thank you anyway, user.

I respect him for that.

>mizulily.tumblr.com/tagged/just-renruki-things

Dear lord...

Blame it to Kubo's specific artstyle, it's so minimalistic sometimes that adding anything kinda ruins the drawing, look at the covers of the last arc

I think someone explained in the last thread why that's bullshit

Didn't he brought a bike to SS and was confiscated by Yama?

Yeah, that was the joke

It's the marriage. The marriage is the new bond being formed this novel.

Are they really this stupid?