Good manga without ending

Why do mangakas never finish their shit?
Berserk, Vagabond, yesterday i "finished" 20th Century Boys. I'm sure One piece will end like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fFXCy4QZ2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If something is popular enough to make money then it'll keep going regardless of the writer's plans in the beginning. If it's not popular then it'll just get canned and people won't care anyways.

Did you read 21st Century Boys? Also, Veritas was awesome.

>and people won't care anyways.
Fuck you.

who decides when the manga ends, the autor or the editors/magazine?

>one piss
>good

you have red 21st Century Boys, did you?

general editor-sama reigns supreme. the authors are all his bitches

>One piece
>good

I guess people just get bored of doing the same thing over and over again for minimal compensation.
Also, the mention of OP in the same context make me utterly disgusted.

Hey i mean, it's not as good as the others but it's not bad.

You forgot HxH.
Also, read 21st Century Boys.

My b.

Because its more profitable to keep running for 40 years

>I guess people just get bored of doing the same thing over and over again for minimal compensation.

What do you mean?

But are Vagabond and Berserk for example, that unpopular?

one piece is ten times the manga berzerk is. at least it doesn't try hard to be edgy

Some times the author finishes the story of his manga, then makes a sequel, then it has another sequel with time travel shenanigans.
Then the fourth one is in between story 1 and the sequel

If you look at the development cycle that mangaka usually follow you can see why it happens.
It's different from books or movies. Especially when it comes to manga serialized in popular magazines. It does not foster the need to structure the story just provide a means to milk it as long as possible.
Even though bakuman is highy edited and idealized it still portrays a few reasons as to why
>mangakas never finish their shit?

If they wanted to tell a story they would write books.
You get into manga/LNs to keep your shit going for as long as possible for max profits

Out of Berserk's boat, into HxH's boat...

Look at the top ten threads on Sup Forums right now. These will tell you everything you need to know.
No one even uses the word "read" anymore, unless an user is being called out for comprehension. That's how low we have sunk.

Why sunk, anime is just more entertaining thats a fact.
When the writing level is the same why not go with what is more enjoyable
And I still see plenty of manga threads

.>tfw accepted berserk probably won't get finished

>Vagabond
Just read the novel.

At least HxH brought the plot on the boat too.

I donn't get how anime is more popular. It's extremely slow and you can't listen to music.

I just told you, its way more entertaining to most people.

But how? It's the same story just way slower.

You forgot Bastard!!!

Where's the updated one?

You should know you're replying a retard just by how it adresses anime as more entertaining just because "thats a fact".

If you cant see it thats fine, its all subjective.
Its just obvious that people find moving stuff with colors and voices more fun all around.

Ranma 1/2 was the absolute worst at this.
>38 ENTIRE FUCKING VOLUMES
>get a shitty "but our fight continues" ending

When mangaka set their own schedules they can usually pump out some really good stories.

The payoff is said stories will never end

I mean, I know what happens, but the manga has it's own way of telling the story and also Inoue art is amazing.

Ranma was Rumiko finding a way to create even more of a non ending than Urusei Yatsura. If she had pulled that shit a third time in Inuyasha someone probably would have fucking shot her.

Rumiko thinks that serious developments go against the spirit of a comedy. Which is bulshit, especially regarding a conclusion, but, yeah;

Ranma was from the beginning mostly an episodic manga. The main story was always secondary. Just like Conan.

I can't find it. I should put some order in to my stuff...
Here you have some princesses to make up for it.

Well, that's good enough.
Also 11 will kill 10

luckily Berserk gets worse the longer it goes so I dont care if Berserk ends; I've already fulfilled from the content it has (up to the end of Griffith return)

Man, this is bait it must be. You can't even compare the two, and the quality of art and story are like heaven and earth, Incomparable.

Vagabond is practically at the end anyway

read 21st Century boys

One Piece is just a cash cow franchise so who cares

You guys do agree that you would rather mangakas take there time to keep the overall quality top notch and not work themselves to death, then them rushing causing the quality to decline and end up work themselves to early grave.

To be fair One Piece's worldbuilding, story and cast of characters is probably the best of all time in manga. And I have read Berserk, Vagabond, HxH, 20th Century Boys.

Oda is a clever sumbitch. The way each arc builds up, all the foreshadowing hundreds of chapters in advance, the way he fleshes out his characters, all the mysteries in the world.

Berserk is edgy as fuck and has great art but that's pretty much all it has. Oda's art may not be as detailed, but it's not supposed to. It's stylized and is supposed to look like a goofy cartoon while Berserk is gritty, pseudo realistic looking. One Piece is colorful and fun, and shouldn't be dismissed just because it's a shounen series.

It'll get finished. I don't think Miura worked so hard on those panels just to not finish the story.

ITS FINALLY HERE youtube.com/watch?v=7fFXCy4QZ2s

>anime is just more entertaining thats a fact
Now that is some good bait

It is pretty much fact that One Piece is the best shonen ever made.

The former

> World building is great.
Fuck you. It is all that it has. It's just one island to another that spans so many fucking chapters.
> Foreshadowing.
You know, I've heard this bullshit before. Fuck you. I repeat, FUCK YOU. He's just trying to fill in the dots and call it connected beforehand. The pacing goes on for chapter upon chapter each grueling week and you call that good foreshadowing? FUCK YOU.
> Characters fleshed out.
> WERN NAKAMA of the power of FRIENDSHIP.
FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK THAT HAVING THIS KIND OF THING TO BE ESTABLISHED TO EXCUSE ANY KIND OF DEUS EX MACHINA. FUCK YOU.

> WERN NAKAMA bullshit is best.
Fuck you. Bullshit.

One Piece isn't even in the high tiers of shounen, it's completely average and designed to be as marketable as possible

obvious bait

> Calling out bait.
Well your bullshit reply is equivalent to the boogeyman in your damn closet. And you think you can downplay the truth. Fuck you. Face the truth. One Piece is bullshit.

It really is. And I was actually one of the people that hated it at first. I thought it looked fucking stupid until I gave it a chance.

>it's just one island to another

Do you even know what world-building is? Just because the characters move from one place to another doesn't negate the fact that Oda fleshes out each location and makes them feel alive by connecting them to the lore/other important events in history/connected to some other important characters. The world actually feels alive, with so many different crews having their own quests that we get to see/learn about. Sometimes we even get to understand certain groups of villain hundreds of chapters after, and subtle hints are provided for important reveals all throughout the manga.

>he's just trying to fill in the dots
He's already planned out the whole story and is having as much as he can along the way. The only flaw of this is sometimes he overdoes it and some arcs drag for way too long.

>characters fleshed out
Yes, more than Berserk, more than any manga you can name. And this is coming from a guy who bought untranslated berserk manga from chinatown when i was a kid. No one likes Berserk more than me, but I can admit One Piece has better writing. One Piece is goofy and cartoony, but makes people feel for the characters more than any other series. That's why it's the best selling manga of all time. If it was just mindless action it wouldn't be so ridiculously popular and there would be nothing special about it.

Berserk after the edgy shit has nothing interesting going on anymore.

>WERN NAKAMA
Having close friends/comrades OBJECTIVELY makes you stronger. This is not an argument. The more people you can rely on and can help you, the more successful you'll be at whatever. I don't see any problem with this. You're just being a tryhard edgy hipster which 90% of Berserk's fanbase are.

This is my last post I'm wasting on you and on this thread. One Piece > Berserk. deal with it.

> Fleshes out each location.
Yeah man, bunch of bullshit to make itself any relevant to the real objective at hand. The same pattern is just introduce an island, big trouble, problem solved after MANY chapters. Fuck you. Call it good lore my ass. The world is getting old by this pattern and the goal of finding One Piece is delayed by that same pattern. So much for alive! Fuck you.
> Planned out.
Oh I heard of that. Planned out my ass. No one really takes more than a decade to plan out a plot while trying to make things seem conveniently connected after HUNDREDS OF CHAPTERS. So much for planning. That notion is bullshit, and people think it's true when it's not.
> Amount of characters fleshed out=makes it best selling manga as well as the best of all time.
FUCK YOU, TEDIOUSLY TRYING TO ADD SOME SORT OF SAD-ASS BACKSTORY LIKE EVERY SINGLE ARC OVER AND OVER MAKES IT OLD AND REPEATED. Doesn't mean shit. Having too much of something will become a bad thing.
>If it was just mindless action it wouldn't be so ridiculously popular and there would be nothing special about it.
> POPULARITY=SPECIAL
> Mindless action would make itself not popular
Bullshit. I'm calling you a fucking moron. People thrive on mindless actions and use it as a tactic to have things their way everyday. People praise Hirano for Hellsing and so on while there's a bunch of blood and guts and people call it special. And Akame ga kill, mindless violence, it was ridiculously popular with the west while there was a bunch of one dimensional evil villains doing heinous crap for pleasure. It was special, for being a piece of shit.Fuck your notion.
> Mentioning Berserk when I never did so.
Listen you two-faced cock-sucking maggot. I ain't got a lotta patience for your crap, so I'm just gonna say that you pulled Berserk when it is not really related to what I said nor have I once implicated I was a fan. Also, the moment Puck became forever deformed, Berserk started to suffer immensely.

please die now

dunno, maybe the author has long term plans but to me it doesnt look too far away.
the fastest way would be caska to be healed and both of them decide to live peacefully there. if she doesnt heal basically same could happen, after all it's an eternal eden and no one is waiting for them back in the continent exept rickert.
if guts decides to get revenge then it's something else entirely, would take an enormous amount of chapters to make that happen, either ending good or bad.
Miura is still young anyway.

It depends. Sometimes the author has the definite idea, with beginning and end, but is urged by the editor to extend as much as he can, or as in the case of Bleach, has a creative block, and is forced to close.

One Piece will be remembered as one of the best mango of all time
Get used to it fags

Also, I said deus ex machina cannot be excused by the power of nakama. I never once indicated strength. You cannot just have a tough situation where there is literally no chance of success to be excused through the power of friendship. It becomes nothing more than a convenient tool for the author to just use it to get out of an impossible situation. That is bad.
On the other hand, you're talking to a different user, NEVER HAVE I ONCE MENTIONED BERSERK IN MY REPLY and you pulled it out there. Fuck you.

asspullxasspull is super shit compared to berserk though

And you created yourself a stigma for being an idiot that thinks that.

It's ok user, there must be plebians so patricians may exist

same reason why movies are more popular than books, i guess.
i also prefer paper, dunno why, but the things that i read look nice but when repeated loud voice they often sound cringy and downright retarded. but that's probably just me

Sure thing buddy
I will still be right in the end and you will be wrong

i would prefer not to choose one of them tho. of course hxh has some obvious lacks but i still love it, maybe because the amount of characters proposed is way higher than berserk, keeping still many of them very interesting.
comparing drawing has no sense obviously, but considering contents only i would call the "equals"

> I'm right just because.
Well why don't you bend over and kiss my ass while you think that? Maybe then your sarcasm can mean shit.

You can throw anything you want at me, and I will still be right

>still young
he has a crippling idolm@ster addiction, he's lost a few years off his life

Like that means anything. It's just you bullshitting by the selfish logic of everything being your way and being right just because. I don't need to throw anything if there's nothing there. Empty and shallow logic.

japanese never finish anything, they just keep making swords or sushi or running internet imageboards until they are dead.

Hes only 50 anyway, dunno japs average but even if he lost 10 he has room to get to conclusion.
Doesnt mean that im 100% sure he will, just that it isnt unthinkable

Fuck y'all. I'm excited to get to read One Piece throughout its ending arcs with all them REVEALS with you fuckers.

>tfw on the wrong side of history

One Piece fags do society and anime a favor and kill yourselves immediately

I thought it was that she just hated writing Ranma and half assed it because she had written herself into a wall too many times. Honestly I skipped to the end of the manga once I realized characters wouldnt develop or ever have genuine moments. It's no Maison Ikkoku

The latter, you should die for your art like Tarkovsky or the people John Landis killed

Since berserk is being brought up alot, as a newfag i just wanna ask, what makes people speak so highly of berserk?
I've never read it myself so I'm curious but when I see/hear other people give praise to other mangas they tend to have clear-cut examples of why the manga is so good. I've unironically never gotten examples for berserk other than the "Griffith turning to the dark side scene". Can you fill me in on what makes berserk's setting and characters so interesting and dynamic?

You can deny all you want
One Piece will be remembered as one of the best mango of all time
Maybe you should put some effort and actually read it, instead of being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian

read it and get an opinion of your own :^)

All I have to say about Berserk is that Serpico is a weak bitch, he should have fone Farnese right then and there is the snow.

who gives a fuck?
One Piece is a lot of fun and I love reading it, but people like you saying it's greatest thing ever are fucking obnoxious.

I dunno. I feel like manga is more popular on Sup Forums right now then a few years ago. We aren't anywhere close to 2008, which was the height of good manga threads, but we certainly aren't 2014.

Man, I like One Piece, but it's no Berserk.

That's Black Jack.

Well, they didn't wanted to end the war 60 years ago.

Where exactly did I say it's the greatest thing ever ? I fucking said it will be remembered as one of the best mango ever made
It's fucking annoying that people can't read anymore nowadays, you have to explain every little thing

I'm sure I remember quite a few manga threads from 2014. That was about the prime time of DEEPFAG FROM THE CAVERNS OF PRETENTIA and his threads, wasn't it?

the art is great, the characters and world is well developed

It's somewhat overrated though, kinda babby's first seinen manga, but still a very good series

I don't even remember whoever you are talking about, but I don't read the name field. I feel like 2012-2014 was the low point in terms of good manga threads on Sup Forums, and that during that time there were a whole lot less black and white OP images. It got to the point where I was considering dropping Sup Forums completely, but then it got a bit better.

I still miss the old Midnight Manga threads, but current Sup Forums considers them rec threads or generals so they don't float.

yeah Berserk is just entry level seinen with one shock value moment and then everything after is just dull. Because of how edgy it is of course angsty teenagers love it

>Midnight Manga threads
What were they, just anons shooting the shit about whatever manga they were currently reading?
The archives are missing so goddamn much.

my problem is once it switches over to the magic straight-outta-jrpg, cebelle's big game monster hunt bullshit the whole mythology and vibe of the world loses its mystique. the ethereal feeling of everything was what set it apart, and it loses it after the conviction arc

I've read it you piece of shit. And you are full of shit.
> Contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
You realize of how full of shit you are? People don't get critical when they don't have fun, people get critical when they no longer have fun.

> One of the best
Yeah man, like that means anything from a shounenfag that goes by the bullshit of, "I'm right just because." Disgusting.
All of them are annoying when they say it is one of the best when it is not.

So what the hell happened to Takehiko Inoue?
Is he even alive?

Ok question here, I recently got really into Oshimi Shuzo and I read pretty much everything by him (Aku no Hana and Boku wa Mari being fucking incredible reads) but for some reason I can't find anything past chapter 23 for Hyouryuu Net Cafe. Is it a dead translation or what?

That and recommendations and scanslation. The original Sup Forums manga recommendation came from there, as well as the colorchart fag, who I'm assuming is long gone now as well.

Hox was in a lot of the threads, so were a handful of other translators. People would say, 'boy I wish X had raws' and then maybe someone would offer to buy and scan them. They basically were manga generals with a heavy dose of people actually being helpful recommending good manga and working on translation.

I doubt Hox would have finished Noramimi without an user buying the books, same with the last chapters of Ice Revolution which were never printed in the magazine but only in the tanks. Also a bunch of other stuff I can't remember because it didn't effect me directly.

The early days of Upotte!!/GuP threads were slightly like that, although quite a large portion of it was down to one person in particular.

Shame. They sounded fun.