youtube.com/watch?v=islcMmfHHqE
youtube.com/watch?v=BUREX8aFbMs
youtube.com/watch?v=LkWeBzzBUXY&ab_channel=Movieclips
youtube.com/watch?v=8QSl_t65wnw
youtube.com/watch?v=15joCwPYYk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not a drill.

Here we fucking go

>people chilling, having a nice picnic in the foreground.
HABBENING!
ffs

You know the habbening is gonna be gud when the natives are gleefully aware of thier demise.

>MOUNT AGUNG

GREEN
Volcano is in normal, non-eruptive state.
or, after a change from a higher level:
Volcanic activity considered to have ceased, and volcano reverted to its normal, non-eruptive state.
YELLOW
Volcano is experiencing signs of elevated unrest above known background levels.
or, after a change from higher level:
Volcanic activity has decreased significantly but continues to be closely monitored for possible renewed increase.
ORANGE
Volcano is exhibiting heightened unrest with increased likelihood of eruption.
or,
Volcanic eruption is underway with no or minor ash emission.
[specify ash-plume height if possible]
RED

Eruption is forecast to be imminent with significant emission of ash into the atmosphere likely.
or,
Eruption is underway with significant emission of ash into the atmosphere.
[specify ash-plume height if possible]

Not even a VEI 6 caldera.

It's nothing.

The eruption will likely be the biggest since Pintatbo lowering global temperatures.

gay nobody is being incinerated alive on the stream

Anybody else remember the Bárðarbunga eruption threads from a few years back? Comfy as hell.

True if big

wasn't that eruption back in 2011?

It's already slowing down. You can see the plume getting smaller (left to right) in real time. Eruption already ending.

If big true

The eruption is not getting smaller, infactt could be growing just the wind blowing ash away.

didn't the eruption start a few days ago already

that was a minor tourist eruption
Mount Öræfajökull might be erupting soon and that would be the biggest Icelandic eruption in a long time
the 1362 eruption was probably the second or third biggest Icelandic eruption in historic times

When i\I started the vid, ash was coming out across the entire opening. Now it's only 1/3rd of the opening. The lave is already cooling over.

you're probably thinking of Eyjafjallajökull which erupted in 2010 and grounded air travel through most of Europe
Bárðarbunga erupted in late 2014

2 Volcanoes are erupting actuall.

One in Bali and one in Mexico.

By the way in the local religious custom Mt Agung is a replica of a shard of celestial mountain that holds the entire universe in balance.

If you look at the start the ash is heading in a different direction meaning it comes across now the ash is heading north, the amount of ash venting is increasing and anyway this is just a prelude.

wait no forgot Grímsvötn also erupted in 2011 which you might be thinking about

Seeing the sky with literally zero planes for multiple days was the most beautiful thing that I've ever witnessed.

Balinese believe that Mt Agung is a replica of Mt Meru, the central axis of the universe.

Mount Meru - Mountain of Power. In the legends it was in the center of a cataclysmic catastrophe that released an incredible amount of energy.

Looks very tranquil

It's a volcano, on a volcanic island, one that was evacuated months ago.

*yawn*

When is the lava going to come through?

locals giving no fucks

YELLOWSTONE IS NEXT

volcanoes dont actually do that thats holywood bullshit

Ir might not come.

Yeah, I remember that from after 9/11. It was great to see.

Mount Meru

Don't get my hopes up user, if yellowstone was going to erupt I would shit my pants and use said shit to throw at old ladies I would be so excited.

thank you ron for this blessing. may the happenings never end

New livestream for you fags, the sky is literally black wtf youtube.com/watch?v=islcMmfHHqE

Seriously, why are they standing there? DO they not know that ash will cover them within the day?

i want sound, are these things loud or is that another hollycaust lie?

If your really close, or unless the volcanoe has a explosive eruption in which it can be heard for thousands of miles

i remember it being during the holiday season and people being stuck in airports for Christmas

bump

Woo hoo!! I've been waiting for weeks!! This fucker is going to cause global cooling, blowing the fuck out of the climate change people.

Actually 37 volcanos are erupting around the world right now. Usually it's about 17.

Yellowstone is not next - cascadia will blow first. And that clock is ticking.

>>more important is the volcanoes coming to life in the Aleutian islands. That's what's going to start the chain reaction.

>Gunung Agung erupted in 1963–1964 in one of the largest and most devastating in Indonesia's history. It is still active with a large and very deep crater which occasionally belches smoke and ash. From a distance, the mountain appears to be perfectly conical. It once again began erupting on November 21, 2017, continuing to date.

>On February 18, 1963, local residents heard loud explosions and saw clouds rising from the crater of Mount Agung. On February 24, lava began flowing down the northern slope of the mountain, eventually traveling 7 km in the next 20 days. On March 17, the volcano erupted (VEI 5), sending debris 8 to 10 km into the air and generating massive pyroclastic flows.[6] These flows devastated numerous villages, killing an estimated 1,100—1,500 people. Cold lahars caused by heavy rainfall after the eruption killed an additional 200. A second eruption on May 16 led to pyroclastic flows that killed another 200 inhabitants. Minor eruptions and flows followed and lasted almost a year.

those folks are already dead

if get, america plunged into 50 year winter

ok thank you, fingers crossed hephaestus gives us some fire

Eyjafjallajökull in 2010 provided the greatest disruption to world air travel since ww2 but that was in April
a handful of flights were canceled in 2011 because of the Grímsvötn eruption but that was much less widespread and in May
Bárðarbunga (pic related) erupted around Christmas 2014 but I don't recall any flights being canceled that time

this cld turn into the greatest gook rekt vid ever

Krakatoah 2.0

Any geofags here? Will it explode? Has it exploded already? Or will it just keep fuming like this?

Here is another angle

it's close to tambora. this one might actually be a happening.
a real one

Anyone who's ever been to Bali can feel how holy Agung is.

oh never mind i think im just thinking of a bad snowstorm that blocked holiday flights in northern Europe im getting it mixed up with the volcano eruption because i think it happened in the same year

Distance isn't a factor, except in as much as the magma chambers are connected. What we are seeing all over the world is an increase in volcanic activity due to hotter magma streams being injected into older volcanoes. Why is this movement happening? Earthquakes? Solar storms? Earth cycles? Scientist usually stick to 'cannot predict', however, i believe there is a case to be made that we are entering a solar minimum (less solar activity, but also less solar field protection) which will cause a rise in geological activity as well as increased storm conditions (from proton dumps).

It's just smoking.

When does it go BOOM

If it smokes, it's likely going to release the pressure before it go boom.

fucking hell here we go another small ice age. fucking gay

it took 6 days in 1963

Most volcanic eruptions are either lava or smoke, depending on what kind of volcano it is. The big boom is actually pretty rare.

When was the last "big boom" volcanic eruption anyways? 1991 Pinatubo?

Agung has output VEI 5 eruptions in the past. That is large enough to change the global temperature.

The maga chamber that feeds Agung is also believed to be large enough to be capable of outputting VEI 6 and maybe VEI 7 eruptions. The result of a 6 or 7 would range form several degrees change in global temperature for years all the way up to putting the world into an ice age.

Also, it might be nothing at all. Just a sputter. We'll see, there has been a lot of activity over the past several months.

kratom heads on suicide watch

We need to evacuate All the Asian to America quickly

>The maga chamber
Helvetti Make.

>maga chamber
>MAGA
Trump chan released

great. this is gonna fuck up air travel.

the magma in east java volcanoes is extremely viscous, trapping many bubbles of gas at high temperature. it's the geology of the region.
the big question is if this time is the time Agung blasts to the stratosphere

Look at the shockwave from this fairly small eruption:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUREX8aFbMs
Can't wait to see a big one in 4k

stfu ahmed

By the supreme power of kek. We have a happening boys. To the battle stations. Meme this into a big one.

>Beautiful

Is this a Strato volcano?

Thanks for the input. And agreed - is this it for agung? user above said magma chamber large enough to blow a 6 or 7. If I remember correctly, this is true.

What's your bet?

Cool!

Finally a happening on the weekend again.
Checking in for a long night boys.

youtube.com/watch?v=LkWeBzzBUXY&ab_channel=Movieclips

fuck me that was cool, thanks for sharing. im going to go watch more

This is Drumpfs fault! Mother Nature wanted Hillary!

>australian

I believe you user

I can't speculate on the eruption.
this volcano it equatorial. IF this ends in a stratospheric blast we're fucked, globally fucked

Are you even human anymore?

Holy shit I forgot how bad that movie was.

>blame global warming on pollution
>not this titanic mass concentrated, highly toxic irruption of pollution instead

durrhurr my honda civic with an exhaust gas recycling unit and several catalytic converters is causing global warming

also,
>assuming global warming is bad
we dont actually know this.
infact there are more things which indicate this may actually be good

Agreed. You're talking a Tortoba-like event. Fucking crazy. I've been watching this little fucker for awhile.. everyone has been focused on sinabung but this could be the real show.

everyone seems interested again must be making noise.
whats the small white smoke plume about?

at the moment the eruption is decent but nothing too worrying. that could change tho

Fucking finally.

Maybe magma making contact with water?
Here is another angle:

A plate of chicken tendies with Mulan dipping sauce to anyone who can say what country Bali is in. Bonus Tendies: point to that country on a map.

That's what I thought
/thread

What is the potential output of this volcano. Can anyone compare it to any recent eruptions in the past of Earth's history for what it can potentially do?

When will it explode? Like a few hours? A few days? I don't want to sit here and watch the stream forever.

note: shilling for first 37 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=8QSl_t65wnw

no lightning?
will it look like this at night?

hours to days. Likely latter

youtube.com/watch?v=15joCwPYYk8

No shit it's a volcano

>What you need to know.
>Areas in danger
Mount Agung is located in the Karangasem Regency in Bali which has approximately 430,587 people (2014).
The three largest towns are:
Kubu - 37,000
Amplampura- 141,194
Besakih- Home to Pura Besakih, a large temple complex which hosts a large number of tourists and is an economic driver for Bali.

All of these towns are about 15 km away.

The last eruption of Mount Agung was 1963-64.

>1963–64 eruption. The volcano had last erupted in 1963 in one of the largest and most devastating eruptions in Indonesia's history. On February 18, 1963, local residents heard loud explosions and saw clouds rising from the crater of Mount Agung.
Karangasem Regency (Indonesian: Kabupaten Karangasem) is a regency (kabupaten) of Bali, Indonesia. It covers the east part of Bali, has an area of 839.54 km2 and a population of approximately 430,000.

Nice vid thanks. What Vei is the currently erupting volcano?

Gotta wait a year or two for that.

Winter-chan grow!
I’m 1/Planck distance Dutch, I could not possibly not know that Bali is in Indonesia

Are my maths wrong here?
The explosion can be seen at 12 - 13 seconds mark
The explosion can be heard at the 24 - 25 seconds mark
So 11 to 13 seconds for the sound to reach the viewer
Speed of sound is 343 m/s

343 x 11 = 3773
343 x 12 = 4116
343 x 13 = 4459

Which means the viewer is between 3.7 and 4.4 kilometers away from the volcano, and yet the sounds still rings with a high pitch.

How powerful is that explosion?