Why are so many people getting addicted to opiates?

why are so many people getting addicted to opiates?

i got prescribed them for my wisdom teeth and i didnt end up throwing my life away on an addiction.

maybe the people who got addicted to these pills were going to get addicted to something and/or throw their lives away regardless?

if thats the case, then a) who cares that the addition rates are rising and b) why are we paying for these lazy degenerate subhumans with our hard earned tax dollars?

Jews need the goyim to be docile and go quietly into the night

withdrawal is a living hell essentially

Rich kids get them from doctor parents
Take at school and at parties
Gets others hooked
People get excited for drugs for their own conditions and abuse now that they associate it with fun

your country invaded Afghanistan to gain control of the poppy fields, lots of money to be made from a population of addicts.

now they are adding in fentanyl to the pills which is 200x stronger

an opiate addict will break into your house at 3am, steal your shit and leave.
a meth head will break in, steal your shit, and leave, but not before murdering your family in their sleep to see what it feels like.

There isn't and pain patience that actually need these drugs keep getting blamed just because a couple of kids get hooked from being degenerates every time I read a obituary of these kids i think to myself these are the exact kind of people that would get addicted and the parents don't want to admit it and blame the drug

Self-absorbed insistence that pain relief means no pain whatsoever plus a great night's sleep.

just a quick glance at google says that dependency takes anywhere from a few weeks to a few months of strong daily usage for addiction to develop;

for what conditions is the average person getting prescribed opiates for longer than 1 or 2 weeks maximum?

they only gave me 7 days for my wisdom teeth and then they switched me to 8x strength ibuprofen; i dont have the statistics but it seems highly highly unlikely that the average people is getting long term opiates from their doctor short of something serious like a compound leg fracture

my country is strong and does whatever it pleases.

that being said; the point still stands: how are people getting addicted?

doctors will not prescribe them to normal people so the only way people are getting ahold of these drugs is through illegal means (aka degeneracy) in which case it is their own responsibility for getting addicted in the first place and thus not really our responsibility to care for them

All substances are cleared out of the system in max 3 months, opioid/drugs! So addiction is idiotic and irrational, now if I can just eat less pasta and bread...lol

Both opiate addicts and meth heads will get a face full of bird shot for breaking in to my house

It's genetic, for some people it can take only a few days of constant use for certain withdrawal symptoms to show up, like the nasty combination of insomnia+anxiety.

betas who cant find a drug dealer
or
betas who think it's safe because made by big pharma as well or a combination of both

just go down to your local pub and you'll find a decent dealer

>a) who cares that the addition rates are rising

Why do so many here disregard the suffering of their fellow man as meaningless? Having a shit life is terrible, why do you hate them for it and why don't you care about making life better for future people?

gotcha; so in both cases its degenerate people who do something which they know is illegal but do it anyways?

seems like a pretty open and shut case; let them rot (aka take responsibility for their own life choices)

everytime someone has a minor headache the first thing they do is to take some medication

some people think that it's no big deal

If you're using it because you need it, then you won't likely become dependent on it. Otherwise it's addiction city

>why don't you care about making life better for future people

its really about the 80/20 at this point;

those degenerates who got addicted were more likely than not going to throw their lives on something useless regardless?

why should we devote our resources to helping the 20 problematic and hold back progress for the 80 rather than optimizing life for the 80 and reaching greater heights than we would if we let the weak set the pace?

either way i guess i dont really care but you asked how someone could be so callous; i would argue that these addicts were a lost cause from the day their were born so theres no point in trying to 'make life better' for them.

A lot of kids take pills because its considered legal and for most US states marijuana is the devils cabbage.

its not illegal with a prescription. part of the attraction to everyday people, not just degenerates.

the addicts put a huge strain on resources. The amount of call-outs for fire departments responding to overdoses is unreal. Addicts get hospitalized repeatedly, don't pay for the stays. They get arrested repeatedly for stealing shit.

I'm a nurse on a cardiac/medical-surgical unit and deal with addicts literally every shift. I imagine that I hand out more narcotics in a 12 hour period than many drug dealers.

Its in the food man, its brainwashing people n shiet. Just look at varg before he grew his own food and varg now. Nigga went from black metal artist murderer to happy old man living innawoods with his family n shiet.

"Soyboys" arent a meme its all in the food Im telling you monsanto and all that shit is fucking with us.

My left index finger was smashed to pieces in a printing press at work. When I went to the E.R. the doctor there gave me a lecture about using whatever painkiller he ended up prescribed me. I just remember being in pain and having to listen to his bullshit about not using the entire bottle unless I need it.

>because its considered legal
but its not legal unless you get prescribed the pills! in fact i believe its a pretty serious crime to own them unless you get prescribed the pills.

on top of that, the most exposure most people will get to these opiates is from wisdom teeth recovery of which they will give you 7-14 days max of opiates which is not long enough to get someone addicted.

so how are these people continuing to get ahold of these drugs long enough to the point where they are getting addicted?

my theory is that they are procuring these drugs illegally and thus it is their own fault and not some stupid crackpot theory about 'big pharma'

thats an interesting point. so that almost seems like people are getting long term prescriptions (long term enough that they will feel the effects of addiction) by manipulating the system? if thats the case nobody is forcing the needle in their arms; they are intentionally behaving in a way that gets them addicted to these drugs (its really hard to feel sympathy for someone who intentionally gets addicted to a drug just sayin!)

I know people who have done just that, most of them started out legit needing opiates though (tooth extractions etc)
did a bit of research, upped the dose a few times (or even when drinking alcohol for a 'buzz').
before they know it theyre addicted. bad shit

thats unfortunate.

we've had PSAs since the mid 90's warning of the dangers of opiate addiction,

seems kindof silly that people would intentionally disregard all of this anti-drug DARE stuff just to pursue hedonism but hey thats the way the cookie crumbles i guess!

i suppose we cant REALLY blame them but the addict/normie ratio is something like 1/1000?

so its a problem but also too its not such a HUGE problem that we cant just let them all rot and starve while the rest of us continue to be productive members of society?

just my 2 cents!

>maybe the people who got addicted to these pills were going to get addicted to something and/or throw their lives away regardless?
There's no maybe about it, you just described addiction. Addiction starts with pain and ends with pain.

People who get addicted are weak minded bitches that have no control over their own bodies

Bro, went to a gastroenterologist and they tried to subscribe me anti-depressants for stomach issues. I've read in some cases it helps but exacerbates others. If our medical system is pushing drugs then that needs to be looked into. Not like the FDA is supposed to be regulating this shit though.

>Addiction starts with pain and ends with pain

that is a very sad and sobering thought...

well its like the buddhists say, 'life is suffering'

life sucks for everyone/everything; but not everyone gets addicted to bad stuff!

seems like these people who are getting addicted/throwing their lives away just werent meant to make it; we are better off without them wouldnt you agree?

we cannot let the bad apples spoil the bunch, so to speak; i say we just let them starve or die of overdoses or something and we just move on with our lives.

why should we pay increased healthcare tax dollars to supporting their useless lives? just wondering!

you didn't get addicted because your pain was temporary, as in a couple weeks. most people who are getting addicted have more severe pain issues. back pain etc.

Friendly reminder:
>yw

we're all boomers at heart

>they tried to subscribe me anti-depressants for stomach issues.

haha thats interesting! have you tried other methods before that didnt work so they tried an alternative method to see if it would work?

if it was a front line option that would be really interesting too but hey, theres a chance it might work for you! i hope you find a solution for your stomach problems!

Physical addiction takes a few weeks of daily use to really develop but the mental addiction and how you really are your own worst enemy thats what really makes an addict and can happen pretty much after the first time, trust me i did dope and oxys for years. I knew people whos first time was splitting a OC 80 between 2 people one of em would never touch it again cause he didnt like it, the other would become a full blown addict, so it is different for people.

Taking a long nap after drinking a few cups of plain water helps a lot in removing headaches.

Just saying it

this just happened to me. they tried many things including endoscopy with anathesia (they gave me fentanyl lol shit was cash). but yeah the anti-depressant worked like a charm stomach got better. nerves affect the stomach

dat shill post formatting.. hmm

But yea, it's a slow burn. Don't let it happen to you, kids.

They first prescribed anti depressants for back problems, which obviously was a bunch of bullshit. After 2 years of fucking with my head they relented and put me on oxy which took 3 years of my life from me. one dose in the morning and one at night, 8 hours after each dose I would start getting hot flashes and the chills+anxiety. It was terrible. Was throwing up 3 times daily. Dont ever go on that shit long term, weather you need it for real pain or not, you'll end up with way more issues.

The sackler family is behind it
>Lobby Congress to change rules
>Start pill Mills in white areas
>Hire pajeets who dgaf about whites to run them and push opiates the sackler family makes
Of course the sackler family are kikes

People tend to overuse them not as a painkiller, but as a way of escaping reality and their problems. Doctors are carefull to only prescribe enough for the pain. It is overuse that causes problems.

I think people's bodies have different tolerances and rates of addictions, more so than with other drugs. I personally got prescribed a shitton of painkillers after breaking a few bones, but they didn't do anything for me and I didn't get addicted. Some people though get hooked from the first pill and can't stop. If only 10% of people who receive painkillers get hooked, then that's still millions of people. I think ideally we should be hands off with opiates (full libertarian), although we would have to repeal a lot of laws and jail a lot of people before we get there.

addiction has an easy to find reason, and an easy to find cure:

What do you put into your car?
What comes out?
Why can't you run your car on that?
Why can't you reconstitute that?
What is the function of the liver?
What is the MOA of opium that causes addiction?
Is your body producing this chemical or the opium?
How does it make it?
Is that really how it is made?
Have you tried to consume that?
Does it have the same effects?

What other similar AA DOES have this effect that you recently consumed a lot of?
Why does everyone not assume THIS is the real formula?
Why does nobody know this?
Who controls the information you read about this?
What do they own?
Who do they pay?

Your script was probably short. Longer treatments are much more likely to lead to addiction.

Along the same lines, the pain from wisdom teeth extraction peaks early then then tapers off quickly (like many outpatient surgeries). Compare this to chronic injuries, like lower back pain, where the pain is going to hang around for weeks, if not months, and opiates are are a potent way to keep it in check.

>having your wisdom teeth removed due to low T and bad genes

>Longer treatments are much more likely to lead to addiction.

This is the core of the problem. The stragety of Purdue Pharma and the Sackler Brothers was to use their slow-release Cotin System to administer an addictive painkiller, and market as a treatment for as wide a range of conditions as possible. This is assisted by doctors prescribing more pills than strictly needed, easy prescriptions, 'pill-mills', and so forth.

There was a very deliberate effort to engineer widespread addiction.

I literally think it's a CIA operation like they did in the 90's with crack.

Yup Basically This

different genotypes specifically those influiencing enzymes such as Cyp3A4 and Cyp2D6 can have drastic implcations for the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion patters of opoids which lead to different effects at different concentrations, especially in the midbrain. a low or medium dose/duration course to one person can affect the midbrain simmilarly to a higgh dose long duration regime. also people want an escape from reality and the harder life becomes/lack of real expectations as degeneracy takes over, the more people will turn to escapism.
gibs my pills.
pharmD here. half my day is spent dealing with addicts acting like fucking children trying to get their gibs.

The final redpill is realizing that wisdom teeth are called that because they literally give you more wisdom. If you've had your's removed, you will forever permanently be a brain-cuck and ask for help from the truly Wise of Sup Forums

Once you have taken too many, opiates hijack your brain so you can't rationally think through your actions and you are just in this mental haze where the only thing you can do is get high again. It takes some kind of outside shock to bring you to your senses.

or just have self control and stop being a perpetual victim/degenerate

people rather be sleeping or dead than live with what we got.

Everyone keeps screaming you're crazy, but you're the only one not on drugs, not getting a sex change, not defending killers and pedophiles on the basis of emotions... who's really crazy?

I didn't like the shit, myself. Gave me euphoria, which I didn't enjoy, and when it wore off it seemed like the pain was worse. Threw it in the trash and took ibuprofen instead.

>slow-release
>labelled for everything possible
describes every pharm drug ever made
crippling addictions are just a happy consequense

This. Targeting people who won't touch street drugs but think if doc gives it to them it must be okay. Next they are using heroin because they can't afford to buy oxy ($80 per 80 mg pill, I heard) and docs are cutting people off.

that's called addiction and it isn't limited to just opiates

its just commercial heroin. But doctors give it out like candy and take no responsibility for it. Addiction is not something a person can control once it starts that's why its so hard to stop.

You should care because it increases medical costs and social costs.

Not a surprise. In blind tests most found opiates either unpleasant or reacted with indifference. I don't know if I still have that book; possibly something by DeRopp, but I digress. Anyway, don't take the opiate meme seriously as presented by the popular sources. A large component of the syndrome is social, emotional and psychological. If the everyone got serious and down to earth about these matters it wouldn't make for very good headlines.

>who cares that the addition rates are rising

That actually is an issue. Crime and burden on the health system at the very least.

t. multi-decade opiate user, retired

Better question: Why aren't doctors prescribing Adderall and Vyvanse instead?

I’m alright with the fentynal cuz it occasionally kills the fucks. A bunch of the regulars I used to deal with at the ER have died recently

>kills the fucks
the absolute state of US healthcare

Don't throw pills in the trash, give them to your nearest police dept

Never had mine removed, my (((dentist))) wanted them taken out, I said only if they cause discomfort.. One year later he said they had come in fine, he was visibly disappointed.

>tfw they removed my wisdom teeth
>tfw they removed my foreskin
>tfw they chemically lobotomized me

Because they're handing them out like candy and the people making the rules have no idea how anything actually works. For instance, medical marijuana is about to become legal in LA as a treatment for depression. Weed is a fucking depressant.

So why don't they prescribe stimulants more often?

Obama turned a blind eye to them importation of opioids from China (which primarily hurts white people) because he was still butthurt over the crack epidemic

You're a retard. We're you given 5 oxycodone, or 7.5 hydro? You'll never experience addiction and withdrawal from that type of does. It's when you start taking 30s+ for any extended period of time.

>Circumcised
Same. Can any uncut guys describe what foreskin is like? I need to know what I’ve missed

That's because if they pull them out before they finish growing they get the (((stem cells))) and then they use it for (((research)))

Because they are realllly fucking good. If you don't understand how good they are you are probly low iq and a retard who should kys. Only incredibly smart people become opiate addicts. A truely patrician drug

like salty bags of coins

Not for a faggot, faggot.

>For instance, medical marijuana is about to become legal in LA as a treatment for depression. Weed is a fucking depressant.
Guess how I know you're retarded?

Because you got rid of the Taliban.

Weed can be a depressant, but yeah that's not the same as Depression.
Still, that's a really stupid way to treat Depression because it will do more damage in the long-term, and just about everyone is "depressed" nowadays.

WHY WON'T DOCS RX SPEED GODDAMIT?

Why do you give a shit?

What country, memeflag-fag?

anti-depressants actually helped me with my stomach problems.

A lot of it has to do with stress and anxiety

First off the extra skin makes your dick look both longer and thicker. Plus it's way easier to masturbate, and your head stays nice and soft instead of becoming rough.

During sex, it pulls back and forth and sort of glides. That's what ribbed condoms are trying to imitate, the extra skin pushing and pulling. Needless to say, it feels very good for the ladies, I've never had a girl not start pulsing on my dick after a few minutes. Plus because the head is soft, you can bump into the cervix without hurting her, which feels really good too.

And blowjobs are crazy. They can pull it back with their lips, stick their tongue under the skin, jerk you off without lube.

Fortunately you can regrow some skin with stretches, or so I've heard.

SPEED NAO

You can get speed, stupid.
Speed is Amphetamine, you can get generic Amphetamine, you can get Adderall, Vyvanse, Dexedrine, etc.

In some places in the US, speed means Meth. You can get that here legally as well, but Meth is really, really fucking bad for you. It destroys dopaminergic receptors and neurons with repeated use. It turns good people into the worse and trashiest scum there is. So I won't tell you how to get that.

Meth is legal in pill form by the name of Desoxyn. It's an approved treatment for narcolepsy. Also adderall etc

Then why aren't doctors prescribing it like opioids? That was my point. Learn to read. Why opioids and not speed?

Because they're everywhere.

People think they're okay because they're prescribed, etc.

I had a 15 vic/day habit about 14 years ago. Shit ain't fun.

Are you retarded? They give kids speed, teenagers antidepressants, young adults anti psychotics, and eventually give old people opiates. It's called a cycle of slavery.

>They give kids speed
But why not adults who can actually use the shit?
Hell, why aren't amphetamines and meth(dextro, levomethamphetamine is in fact OTC) OTC? Imagine how many fewer fat people there would be.

>Spent a year intravenously using, $2000+ a month
>admittedly with the help of subbies I quit in two months
>literally the hardest endeavor I've ever undertaken and I'm left with serotonin syndrome as a result
>one year clean almost to the day
>TO ALL USERS ITT IT CAN BE FUCKING DONE I BELIEVE IN YOU user

I've been prescribed opiates for back pain for about five years. Unlike most "back pain" patients, I actually had a medical situation that required surgery. I was dirt poor back then, so it took about 18 months for my mediocre insurance to pay for the surgery, and by then, there was irreversible damage to some of the nerves in my back.

With that said, I wish I'd have stayed away from opiates. I became physically dependent and addicted in just nine months, and that's with taking my doses normally. Nowadays, I'm up to a high dose of oxy, I'm heavily depressed, and I'm in a constant state of withdrawal, because my pain management doctor won't increase my dosage at the same speed my tolerance is increasing. I turned to taking high doses of Imodium, which alleviates most withdrawal symptoms in high enough doses, but now I've got two addictions to worry about.

I know -- addicted to Imodium? Really? It's an opiate that doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier in normal doses. Because it's cheap, the rates of addiction are increasing exponentially. It doesn't even have much recreational value -- it's just that so many legit pain patients are running out of answers.

I've wanted to off myself for about a year. I've long since decided that I lived an okay life and am ready to go. The only thing stopping me is I'm not sure ingesting my full 30-day dose of opiates will do it, since oxy overdose is so finicky, and my tolerance after five years is sky high.

Guys, stay the fuck away from opiates. If you have to take them, don't stay on them for longer than a few months. In those few months, try every single other option and find something that works the best. I saw that 80% of heroin users started with a prescribed opiate first; we're not all degenerates. Hell, I'm sure most of us aren't. We're just in lose-lose situations.

>Euphoria
>noun: a state of intense happiness

Nigger what

Salvia has a kappa-opioid agonist that diminishes desires for opioids, cocaine. order some arena ethnobotanicals smoke some and see if that doesnt help. I doubt you need to smoke enough to trip, but if you dont mind its not a problem, maybe have a sitter when you do it. if you do it tell me how it went [email protected]

Kratom?? Get well user We love you and wish you the best!!!

Good job user, if you'd stayed on it, it would have only been a matter of time.
You saved yourself, and now you're trying to help others. Good on you, man.

I've heard of parents sending their teens to rehab for cigarettes and "medicating their addiction with antidepressants, mood stabilizers, and antipsychotics. It is a holocaust of experimental synthetic drugs.

That really isn't good for you, you're going to get major problems shitting with both of those

I got some for my wisdom teeth a few months ago too. I got high a few times and stopped when they were gone. I didn't get addicted, I don't know why anybody else would.

This has always been strange to me. I almost never take any medication for headaches, just relax and drink some water. I know people who pop Tylenol and Advil daily, it's seems excessive.