ITT: We post unpopular opinions

Early Naruto was really good.

Other urls found in this thread:

animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not unpopular. The chunin exam with all that strategic stealth battle in the forest was the most ninja thing ever.

Soul Society is the best Bleach arc and Bleach ended in the most shit way possible.

>unpopular opinion
Almost everyone liked early naruto because it they actually used formations and strategies. Remember how Naruto and Sasuke thought of a strategy and managed to surprise Zabusa which allowed Kakashi to escape from his Water Prison? Now it's just a battle of who has the stronger jutsus and who has the superior eyes.

But you're right though

Hmm, I remember about a decade ago when absolutely everyone on Sup Forums hated Naruto.

Soul Society arc is the best arc in Shonen Jump's history.

And, about a decade ago, Naruto was already well past the Chunin Exam and Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

This. I think that was when the 2 years of filler were going on

>literally opinions that are and have always been popular on Sup Forums

Even at the heights of "fuck the Big 3" mania from 2006-2010 Sup Forums almost everyone agreed that both Bleach and Naturo started promising and then turned to absolute shit

Not unpopular at all. Naruto peaked at the chuunin exam, which featured some of the most engaging and well thought-out fights I've read in shounen manga, plus some legit feels and character progression.

Welcome to the NHK was really bad (I'm referring to the manga, I didn't watch the anime). The only good part was the story about the suicide pact. The girl completely ruined the whole manga.

>unpopular
Try lurking more.

Naruto was still pretty good if you cut out the filler.

Nearly every sacred cow dub that gets put on a pedestal are highly overrated and not very good, especially pic-related, unfunny Reddit-tier garbage.

Hard to say, I don't remember shit about final arc despite reading weekly, that's how forgettable it was. Bleach's final arc I do remember clearly, because every time I thought it can't get worse Kubo just kept digging

The problem with that dub is it's heavily outdated.

Also, people who like Ping Pong, LoGH, Mushishi and Rakugo are the cancer killing Sup Forums.

Thats not unpopular. Part 1 Naruto was the fucking shit.

If you said something like "Sakura was the most develop character in the series" then we got something

While she isn't the most developed, she clearly is the best girl though.

Apparently the the team considered regularly redubbing this series to update the jokes but then realized how expensive that'd be.

This.
Maybe not Best Girl, but she's probably naruto's best friend if we're being completely honest with ourselves. Also girls with super strength are hot.

no, doesnt beat skypeia or water 7

Naruto was a decent series as a whole.

user...

Do you have amnesia? SJ is where HxH is serialized, from time to time.

It wasn't

it stole everything from Hunter x Hunter.

The concept of a mecha isn't futuristic anymore.

you are a fucking idiot almost everyone agrees that naruto was pretty decent til around the chunin exam

SHIT TASTE

Marineford is Greatest arc in Chinese cartoon history.

People hated the Naruto then because Naruto was specifically going against the tactical nature of it.

Naruto the manga just conformed the world around Naruto the character

That's not unpopular. Most people on Sup Forums recognize that the first arc and the Chuunin Exam were pretty good. It just got bad after that.

Same thing with Bleach. The first arc (about him fighting hollows) and the Soul Society arc were good, then they went to shit.

My unpopular opinion: Parasyte is overrated.

EARLY NARUTO WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

This. That video showcasing the funny parts is funny, but between all the jokes it's just any other shitty dub.

This. While Shippuden past the Pain arc was underwhelming to say the least, it had at least the decency not to completely shit the bed and stick the landing, unlike Bleach who turned to shit halfway through and never recovered.

I remember it was very common to drop Naruto around episode 80-100

my "unpopular" opinions that everyone on Sup Forums shares: early Naruto was decently fun, Miyazaki is overrated, "I hate anime BUT" types are annoying

actual unpopular opinion that no one will agree with: a lot of universally-hated campy 80s and 90s OVAs & films like Sword for Truth are actually unironically fun and many pretend to like them "ironically" because they're afraid to just admit they have fun watching simple yet well-delivered violence & sexualization

That's an oddly specific list.

>unpopular

well the 20 first volume was pretty good but after...fuck so bad... (just pain arc was cool )

>i enjoy each of those

fuck you ping pong especially was great, aotd

Have to agree with this. Soul Society takes a boy and believably makes him a man in the space of a single self-contained arc. Also hype as fuck.

Genocyber and MD Geist are genuinely thrilling.

the initial d anime needed more filler episodes

SOL anime is the best genre out there

It was fucking stupid how he caught up to captains/lieutenants who have trained for 100s of years in a month

There is literally nothing wrong with isekai stories, even the ones with OP characters, as long as they manage to stay interesting and have fun/cute interactions between the MC and the rest of the cast.

I didn't like Geist but I thought it was boring, not BAD just boring.

I still think the people that initially decided to call it the worst thing ever because the CEO of Manga Ent. said it was "deep" or w/e were faggots for caring what the guy thought enough to begin with. And the modern anime kids parroting what those guys say to look cool and in on some joke they don't understand are worse.

I've not seen Genocyber yet but I wanna, seems a big improvement in terms of visual execution for that director.

This.
People talk about the SS arc as the greatest thing ever but even then Ichigo got retarded power-ups in a matter of days that made no fucking sense.

That's not unpopular. But early Naruto did have problems.

>"We need to use actual teamwork. Now excuse me while I go personally train Sasuke. Naruto, you can go train with a literal who and I don't have any training lined up for Sakura at all."

Well he was correct in doing so. Sasuke was the most like him, naruto needed to fix his fundamentals, and sakura was a useless fuck up that only was relevant because of muh trio

If Sakura's useless, then she should be trained so that she's not useless or at least replaced on the team roster.

I think he knew jiraiya was gonna have Naruto covered

Nemurim is best girl

Naruto is as shonen as they come so it makes sense that people on this 18+ Christian image board wouldn't like it. If you were lucky enough to read Naruto as it was coming out, in it's intended age range, it wasn'tvbad. If you don't grow out of it by around age 16 you may be autistic.

A decade ago? Not even 2 years ago any Naruto thread would get shitposted to death with dubsposting and other shit like that.
Later on people seem more chill abour Naruto threads, though don't ask me why things changed like that.

HxH is disgusting overrated.

*Lately people

Dbz is a good anime to watch when you was a kid but if you still like i have to tell you, you dint aged.
dbs is a mistake

>don't ask me why things changed like that.

People here are more mature. It's probably the tedious of nowadays anime that made us understand that it's pointless to fight others people's opinions. Now we understand that having fun is more important.

Because it is the worst kind of gateway...

Before naruto threads got spammed with pasta they were some of the worst type of posters imaginable. On release day they used to flood Sup Forums with hundreds of similar threads at the same time. This happened without fail every release day or even when spoilers were leaked. It wasn't so much the series, but the type of people the series brought.

Okay, getting back to the topic on hand, Part 1 is my favorite part

People who constantly whine about fujoshis are often times more cancerous than the people they call out.

> unpopular opinions
This episode and scene, have good animation

Aside from those 5 minute of surprisingly nicely animated gore scenes, Genocyber is the most boring shit I've ever watched.

>There is literally nothing wrong with isekai stories, even the ones with OP characters, as long as they manage to stay interesting and have fun/cute interactions between the MC and the rest of the cast.
>as long as they manage to stay interesting
And that's the problem

>have fun/cute interactions between the MC and the rest of the cast.
And that's the cancer. Also by "rest of the cast" you of course meant, "harem"

The problem with Naruto is that it follows the typical shounen pattern.
The characters HAVE to get more powerful as time passes on. Instead of something like horizontal scaling, where enemies use different tactics and techniques of same power, the show just kept raising the level of foes.
'Naruto' still kept things under control, though. No one had the power to cause mass scale destruction. Shippuden made things too crazy.

80's character designs fucking suck

Satoshi Kon is decent, but his movies tend to be too pretentious. Tokyo Godfathers is his best movie by far.

As time goes on, I'm starting to care less and less about dramatic, serious shows in sci-fi or general action-orientated settings like war.

Tamayura is a better anime than Aria.

I don't see the appeal in YKK. I enjoyed it, but I don't get how people can see it as some sort of masterpiece.

The side characters in TTGL were the only good parts of the show.

Haifuri > GuP

Keeping the story interesting isn't that hard as long as you focus on the MC interacting with the world and not in shitty battles that you know he is going to win anyway.
And no, I didn't meant just his harem.
Overlord is a good example of what I'm talking about. Ainz and his minions are OP as shit so instead of wasting time having him go around kicking ass the author focused on developing the world and its inhabitants and showing Ainz interacting with them.
Meanwhile, Re:Monster is an example of the kind of isekai story that I hate, where the MC does nothing but sit around accumulating skills till someone shows up to challenge him and he kicks his ass in 2 seconds. Not to mention that anyone who isn't the MC barely has something resembling a personality.

>The whole cancer killing /blank/ arguements are dumb.
None of these boards you people have said that are dying for years haven't died. In fact they just change. Maybe you should just stop browsing.

Shippuden also fails into the same shitty cliche as 90% of fiction: having the MC start as some random dude that has nothing to do with the villains or the events taking place aside from being the son of some important dude or having some weird power and then turning him into the choosen one of ultimate destinity that was fated to save the universe since the very beginning.
I hate that shit, not only because it casts doubts on wether MC's achievements are truly his or just the work of fate, but also because it seems to imply that unless you are the grand-grand-grandson of some powerful dude or the focus of some prophecy, you will never achieve shit.
It's funny because Neji brought that up in the first part and ended up being 100% right.

I seriously believe Fate was better than Unlimited Blade Works.

Shirou and Saber had a very well established romantic relationship, battles actually had you at the edge of your seat, and the ending was much more touching and emotional.

Sure there was infodumping, but I felt much more satisfied at the end of Fate than Unlimited Blade Works.

mein neger

Light Novels are great and usually the best medium of a series if there exist several different adaptations.

I just realied that la pucelle from magical girl raising project is another saber clone holy shit

One Piece deserves its spot as number one.

That's not an unpopular opinion. Here's an unpopular opinion.

I think Bleach remained good throughout the majority of its lifespan despite suffering from pacing issues.

I don't think it ever got bad, and it only got lackluster towards the end of the final arc.

I remember I read number up to like volume 22 years ago. Is it worth finishing it or even reading some shippundem?

Girls und Panzer is unironically amazing.

I enjoy Naruto, think it has gotten better since the beginning, and am watching it since it came out.

May be autism, but I don't see everyone's problem with it. I think they took it the right way.

Probably my favourite anime, with Gurenn Lagann a close second.

Never watched either, what turns me off of Naruto is the sheer length. Is it worth it?

You'll get several dozens of replies saying no. If youre into Shounen and le constant rising power levels, yes.

I started and finished it in 5 months, I'd say about 6-700 episodes in that time.

TSR>FMP>Fumoffu

Vandread is better than most battle harem titles, since i discovered boobs thanks to that show.

Blue gender had the best girl ever.

Everyone should have dropped Druaga when best girl died.

Gurren Lagann will give you a feel for what Naruto is like, and only has 25 episodes. Watch that first, if you enjoy it, take the plunge and try Naruto.

Le constant rising power levels, you say?
Sounds like my kind of show! Thanks Sup Forumsnon.

I already know which major character dies though.

Yeah. It starts slowly, then Naruto takes a fucking curve dude. Youre welcome and enjoy. P.s skip filler.
Filler has lots of boring shite and will make you want to give the series up. Google which episodes are filler and skip accordingly

Yeah but you don't know other shit that happens, just that one bit.

talking bout naruto ill drop my unpopular opinion

I love all off naruto, i like shipuuden more than first season turbo edgy cold and super strong sauce fills my toxic masculinity with joy some fillers in there are fuckins shit tho
also only 2 last naruto movies are good

It peaks in the 2nd arc and tosses all of the interesting potential for world building and side characters into the trash in part 2. It also has a bunch of shitty filler. The Manga is tolerable but the anime is a waste of time outside of a few fights

Half of it is filler so
animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

The only reason this is unpopular is because anyone who disagrees has just never read it.

Also I will never not save a Blackbeard picture.

>a lot of universally-hated campy 80s and 90s OVAs & films like Sword for Truth are actually unironically fun
I agree with this.

FLCL is okay but it is bogged down too much by it's shit comedy asides.

The Saiyan Saga is the best saga in DBZ.
The battle between Goku and Vegeta was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Manga is better than anime, there isn't a single anime adaptation that surpasses the manga source

try harder

Pic related is far from worst boy. Memes aside, I actually like him, though he's not my favorite. I don't get all the Armin hate. The same people who say he's a Gary Stu say he's a weak cowardly shit (did they even read the past 10 chapters?), which completely negates calling him a Gary Stu.

The massive asspull he suffered from was bullshit, yeah, but ultimately he himself isn't bullshit in my opinion.

Plus he's really cute with Mikasa. There's another unpopular opinion. Armin x Mikasa > any other EMA ship.

Is this really that unpopular? It's known that anime both cuts out critical manga pages and turns ten pages into twenty minutes all the time.

One piece is better just for the soundtrack (if you just pretend that the anime stops existing after Shanks).