Saki

How is it possible to make monthly releases and only release 10-16 pages per chapter? At this pace even Berserk will finish before Saki.

Other urls found in this thread:

futalog.com/pic_d/l/161215/8469866048625.jpg
may.2chan.net/b/res/452366336.htm
toranoana.jp/mailorder/bok/pagekit/0000/00/07/000000072018/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody knows. The author even has at least 3 assistants going by volume credits.

Life is suffering. Yet an other manga I love that will never be finished and will probably just decay into mediocrity. Especially the beginning of Saki is so fucking good. And now there is barely any Saki and when she appears she never shows her true strength. I fucking hate this. If only Saki had weekly releases like Kingdom. Why can't there be nice things in this shitty world?

This is exactly why I keep my ongoing manga limited. It is truly suffering

>3 assistants
>10-16 pages per chapter every month
The things I could accomplish with 3 assistants.

why is nodoka wearing a bra??
underwear was banned in the sakiverse

what the fuck is this?

Heh.

The extreme amount of nudity and large breasts in the manga is the only thing I dislike apart from Saki underperforming and underappearing.

Saki is great, I love her apart from the two aforementioned issues. One of my favorite characters in fiction.

So it breaks my heart that by the time it is her turn in the team finals and especially in the individual tournament and world junior championship I will have already graduated and moved on in life to focus on career.

Fuck, how did I forget to turn off subtitles.

>apart from Saki underperforming and underappearing.
Oh go on, tell us about that.

So when the fuck does Teru start fighting again?

At this rate, 2018

>How is it possible to make monthly releases and only release 10-16 pages per chapter?
It's a biweekly manga and therefore the page count is fixed at around 16, she can't change that easily.

It's just that Ritz misses some of the issues because she needs to fix a lot of things for the volume releases. Storyboarding another manga is probably too much for her.

from the last thread - new bonus art

Also Akio released Saki Biyori 61.

And it's Awai's birthday today.

>It's a biweekly manga and therefore the page count is fixed at around 16
Biweekly series are usually around 25 pages a chapter. Even weekly ones are 18, Saki is extremely short compared to everything else.

How long are the other series in Young Gangan?
The early chapters average around 20 pages per chapter, and the longest chapter ever was Round 1 (the first renumbered chapter), at 36 (!) pages.

Akio released the TL for last month's Saki Biyori chapter (subject = Yumachi).
In case you missed last thread:

>41 replies
>20 replies

Pottery.

Rip saki PSP.

>Teru was just a cute autist all along

What was the reactions?

Honestly, I expected this thread to die without any replies at first. So I am happy.

Tanoshii is actually dead this time.

The tanoshii will never die!

I got smacked with a closed Daisangen at the end of November and lost a rank. Tanoshii is dead.

I don't get it. What happened? What did Ritz mean by this?

So apparently their house was on fire.

But noone was injured. So why the burning wheelchair? And what happened to the blonde girl? She can't swim and is wheelchair bound. She looks vaguely similar to Awai. Is she Awai and is that why Saki wants to beat her so badly?

So was it their grandmother who burned down the house? Did they play Mahjong, Saki got +-0 repeatedly and she was mad so she wanted to separate her grandchildren or am I reading this completely wrong? Ohh well, at this pace maybe in 10 years I will find out.

perhaps the old woman doesn't know the whole truth, but if no-one was injured in the fire, then the pictures on the middle right of must be from another event.

Also, the woman that openly appears as Teru's mother does not look like the pro player, so there must be some camouflaging going on, or there is another Arctander/Arctanda (see the family photo, the woman beside Goldfish). Perhaps the grandmother is eternally young, and changes names, who knows.

You didn't just get smacked. You got impregnated.

>1 year later
>Sergeant match of 5th place decider hasn't even started
Let's be honest, loser hen was a mistake.

it was all mistake
big mistake
i want to go back to that time and try again
but i can not
so i will self kill and delay saki forever

Ritz does whatever she wants.

Why the fuck is there a 5th place match anyway nobody fucking cares all we need is Teru

>Ritz creates Toki
>Aguri gets to draw her, Mekimeki gets to draw her
>Throws a hissy fit because she also wants to draw Toki
>Makes loser hen

Literally the only good thing about Achiga is Teru actually being strong as all fuck and lesbian chains
But those are cancelled out by Toki eating up literally years of time for muh 5th place match and MMM (motherfucking mountain monkey) making Supernova Awai look like a chump

Shiraitodai is pretty much full of losers besides Teru desu

futalog.com/pic_d/l/161215/8469866048625.jpg

They did it again.

pls no

>6 years later
>5th place match finally over
>Teru shows up again
>everyone hype if they haven't dropped Saki by then
>Ritz dies of a japanese cold

It's too late. My riichi stick is already out.

you weren't in tenpai
that's a chombo

Only if I have to reveal my hand. I'm sure someone else will finish before me.

I think its amazing how much Teru's character is changed by the mere fact that she loves sweets.

It's not really her loving sweets so much as her being extremely autistic about eating them
It's like she's a kid with chicken tendies.

>that awai

I see what you did there.

That doesn't really look like awai. I don't even recognize it.

>anons can't even recognize Awai now without her honking titties
RRRIIITTTZZZZZ

She doesn't look like Awai though, her hair isn't blond enough.

Stars change size and color during their lifetime.

Teru's EA is a giant spoon, right?

Yeah well
Awai doesn't even feel like a star. Her Supernova doesn't happen at the same time but it always has the same value, so it's probably a Type Ia carbon detonation supernova.

toranoana bonuses coming in (well, the samples)

rivaling Nodoka and Kasumi now.

futaba!

TTTIIIIIIITTZZZZ

Man fuck you Ritz

What? It's just a bathtub with sample text. Has Ritz finally lost her last marble?

I think the 5th place is pretty much over already. Ritz only wanted the vanguard fight or at least I hope so. But I wouldn't mind reading the entire 5th place match if only Ritz would speed up a bit. How is it possible that 1 page takes more than a day and an entire match takes years?

I am confused about Ritz. If I saw a pic of her I could determine her competence but as is I am split, because on one side Saki is great but on the other she is ridiculously slow.

What are you talking about
She lost her last marble long ago, she's looking for the bag now.

Ask Kouta Hirano.

they are having fun detexting and playing around with Momo.

>1 page takes more than a day
It takes 2-3 days and they're often not even colored.
She even has three (3) fucking assistants. I've literally never seen a monthly this slow.

>monthly
I know it's easy to forget but Saki is supposed to be biweekly.

Oh
Oh fucking wow

they need to censor the nipples

hmmm

Tits the size of continents.

well, more lewds here may.2chan.net/b/res/452366336.htm

>sumimasen, I haven't got time to outline this character

The focus on nudity bothers me. I read Saki for the characters, not for their ridiculous oversized breasts. I miss early Saki when almost everyone was borderline flat and when releases were longer and more consistent.

Where did it all go so wrong? Fucking Ritz.

Is that Saya art? Look sort of different from her usual stuff.

bonus art if you buy the new volumes from Toranoana.

toranoana.jp/mailorder/bok/pagekit/0000/00/07/000000072018/index.html

It's a Momo joke

How do you deal with the amount of characters? There are like 50 different ones. I am terrible with names, especially Japanese ones, so the only way I can tell them apart is their looks, but this is difficult in black white.

>I miss early Saki when almost everyone was borderline flat
Yeah I do too. Like, back when skirts existed as clothing, back when cowtits were the exception rather than the rule, back when Awai WAS STILL FUCKING FLAT RRRRRITTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

last one was already detexted above

Spend a year or so here, if you make a full rotation of birthdays you'll remember most of them anyway.

Fuck

sumimasen, the attacks on Ritz momentarily broke my joke detector.

new overview of the bonus art.

I don't think I've memorized the names for ALL of them, it's easier to remember them by their memes.

you have 10 seconds to say the correct name of Subara.

It's Kirame Hanada.

Well, I have problems with the names that aren't used in the manga, anime, or here, and also with the longer names. Satoha Tsuji... something something.

I don't know man, I couldn't possibly name you the members of Eisui besides Jindai, or which one is Kinue and which one is Hiroe.
But it's not like the girls memorize all the names either, they just call each other by their schools.

Tsujigaito.
... and I just realized I can't remember Nelly's last name. Is it like Sarajevo or something?

I probably wouldn't even recognize Sheep's name if I saw it, same with Noyo-.

and futaba posted the last two overviews too.

I'm actually good at remembering names in anime and manga, but Saki's characters tend to be pretty damn unmemorable. I mean LITERALLY half of the ones in the semifinals and Nationals are never showing up again because they flunked out and 75% of the regionals too.

That's interesting, since I actually think that for the numbers involved Saki characters are actually highly memorable; even if you can't name them, you can give a one-line description of any major character and people will know who you're referring to. Except for maybe Jindai and Kasumi.

I've forgotten Seaweed's and Taco's names already in this passage of years that is Saki.

I mean as far as their names go, they're really not that memorable. It's really quite strange, I never have problems remembering names. I mean hell I remember literally all the characters in Ravages or Kingdom.

That's probably true.

>people actually can't remember most of the names
I didn't realize I was such a Saki Mega Autist

>Igarashi commenting on the bonus art

Rinshan
SOA
Tacos
Buchou
Seaweed
Kyaputen
a cat
Miharun