Best sport anime?

Best sport anime?

Not really since it's not a true sports anime. It lacks the chuuni shounen battles disguised as spots matches.

Those and Aim for the Ace.

What's so special about aim for the ace? From what I remember it was as basic as sports anime get but with really bad production values.

It seems basic because it defined the genre. It's also extremely beautiful.

Major

Haikyu faggots incoming.

Haikyuu is fun and really solid but I don't think anyone thinks it's the "best"

So what sport is nice on anime?

God tier
>Basketball/Volleyball/Tennis/Baseball/Karuta/Mahjong/Boxing

Great tier
>Rugby/Cycling

Meh tier
>Swimming

>Trash tier
Soccer

Don't get me wrong, soccer is probably in the top 3 sports that I like but no anime can't seem to pull it off.

>God tier
>>Basketball/Volleyball/Tennis/Baseball/
You've got some really low standards, user.

Op obviously hasn't seen Keijo!!!!!.

FOOTBALL IS WHITE AND BASED
Fuck off amerifart

Definitely not this pretentious piece of shit.

It's not really basic at all.
It has some damn good character development, and cool tennis matches.
Kind of rushed towards the end though, but overall a very good sports anime.

>Ping Pong
>pretentious
The story and message was straight forward though. There's nothing to deeply analyze about it.

Does Initial D count?

Baseball is the absolute best. I swear.

Ping Pong isn't a sports anime

Ping Pong Club and Teekyuu are the best two sports anime

I wish someone would translate Star of the Giants. Speaking of baseball, how are the Nine films by Sugii? Gonna give them a look soon.

Dumb idiot

Stop.
This is why people call Yuasa pretentious. The manga is a sports manga, and the adaption is just as much of a sports anime.

Whose character development are you talking about? Oka's? Because it really ins't anything to be impressed by. And I can't really see the incredibly dated and constantly reused tennis plays as cool. Plus a third of the shows run time is Oka getting hit with tennis balls and falling on the ground.

It's pretty bland. You just mistook the childish romance and everyone lingering on a perfect dead witfu as substance.

what about downhill racing?

Inazuma Eleven

No doubt.

GuP

The fact that there's no handball anime is a disgrace

Japan needs better taste in sports

And you just mistook touch for cross game

But it literally just uses Ping Pong as a vehicle for its themes, you can swap it out with any competitive game the story stays the same.
Out of context none of the matches would have been as exciting as they were with the characters in mind, on the other hand I feel I could pick any fight from Ippo with no prior knowledge and it would be just as hype.

Ping pong is LITERALLY a sport. It's a sports anime.

One outs is pretty good, but you can hardly call it sports anime.

>Ping Pong was so good it ruined pic related

It wasn't that good to begin with but I really wanted to like it, after seeing Ping Pong I just couldn't help but drop it after episode 3

>No ice hockey anime
baka Japan desu

You're now making a semantic argument over what defines a sport anime now. Just accept that not everyone agrees with your definition. There's plenty of movies and stories commonly labelled in the "sports genre" where the sport depicted could simply be replaced with another sport and the story would still work the same.

Kuroko no Basket

My niggers

The only anime/manga good enough to actually get me into the sport itself was Baby Steps.