Why are malls closing?

Once a great American institution, malls now are becoming abandoned derelict economic wastelands. Gone from malls is the glitz and glam of decades past that brought in families and customers in droves. Now a days malls are lucky to have 1/3 of the customers they used to have. Stores sit empty even in the busier malls. What happened? Where did it all go so wrong?

wgntv.com/2017/11/20/shopping-malls-on-their-way-out-closing-at-alarming-rates/
Shopping malls on their way out, closing at alarming rates
>While holiday shopping season kicks off this Thanksgiving week, how that shopping takes place is changing drastically in America.
>For many, preparing for the holidays used to mean heading to the mall, where you shopped, ate, met friends and hung out.
>But malls are becoming a thing of the past.
>Shopping malls are closing at alarming rates
>One in four malls will close in the next five years.
>Retail sales at department stores are down 36.7 percent after peaking in Jan. 2001

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_aCtsv6aytw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Avoid the groid.

>What happened?
lack of education means people believe the photo in amazon and pretend "it's the same" or "it's not hteir fault I can still like it" because it makes dad angry

A mall operates in the following fashion:

The stores order their inventory online and mark-up the price on everything enough to make a healthy profit for themselves.

Why wouldn't they go bankrupt in a world where the consumer can do the exact same thing for themselves and have it shipped to their front door without paying that mark-up?

Chicago television station reporting that malls are closing at alarming rates. Could "urban youfs" be to blame?

People don't hang out anymore. Why meet at the mall when you can just chat on facebook?

Then you've got the niggers ruining things and the convenience of buying things online and then malls aren't left with much use at all.

Theres lots of brown people and white chavs outside

Fucking clueless, savage niggers overran the malls.

This fucking shitskin was walking backwards talking to his sheboon and ran right into me. It turned around and chimped out about how I ran into him.

>muhfugga muhfugga bix nood

We were on the second floor near the railing and the first floor on the pavement is where he was headed if his sheboon hadn't pulled him away.

Haven't been back since. American malls are no-go zones.

>>what happened

the country filled up with idiots like you that can't 2 + 2 together w/o starting another retarded "so what's the deal?" slide thread.

I hope your mother gets murdered.

and you get to avoid spics and niggers who long ago shit up such places, otherwise people(aka humans/Whites) would still use them to people watch, while watching a hoard of shitskins is just depressing and dangerous.

This plus the ease of online shopping.

I can either fight traffic, then fight the crowds at the mall, or I can just order it online (and likely cheaper) and have it sent to my doorstep within less than a week.

Not really a hard choice.

Just order everything online

What about asians? They're the silent shoppers who buy up everything before you can get there. Oh that's right, you're a yellow fever son of a bitch.

There's a mall in Chesterfield Missouri that's turned into a ghost town. I've never seen anything like it.

Half the lots are vacant. JCPenney? Gone. The one that starts with a D? Gone. Macy's is the only one left.

Current stores are constantly relocating. Doubt the place will be open longer than a year. Most new businesses there don't make it three months.

>Amazon, Newegg, etc
>White people online first and shop at amazon
>Only niggers left at mall
>Mall dies

Pretty simple, but no mainstream article can say this.

marylander here
nobody at the malls except niggers and boomer women

Ongoing trend people don’t like enclosed shoppi malls

People prefer “destination” retail a la the traditional market/Main Street style of retail that combines restaraunts, retail and services in an urban environment

>paying more to "support a business"
That's fucking stupid lmao. I can get all my shit without the Jewish middle man thanks

not enough candlestores selling sage incense

Diversity

Because American middleclass is nonexistent in 2017, online shopping is better and niggers visiting them with welfare money bringing the ghetto with them is scaring away the people that need to buy things in person too.

Everyone here is right, but you're forgetting one thing. The average American does not have disposable income anymore. Malls were build primarily in the 1950s - 1990s, the height of the American middle class.

because you shat them.

Woah i used to go there when i visited my grandma. Really nice place with lots of variety and some unique stuff thrown in. Massive move theater. Makes me sad to hear

Where will niggers go to steal their shit?

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Your new Aileen Wuornos video was spooky Dan.

Oh look, it's another "why are shopping malls doing poorly" thread. The answer is and has always been niggers. Sure, online retailers are often cheaper, but a mall can provide a social experience that some people may pay a small premium for. Niggers completely ruin any social benefit from shopping at a mall, so malls really have no advantages over the alternatives.

Because niggers ruined having fun.

>generation literally can't afford a phone bill
>why aren't they buying more shit?

They are still fairly popular here. Hard to try on clothes online. Maybe the arrival of amazon will change that. Still, it is mostly the cafes and food shops inside the shopping centers that are popular.

Yes Online shopping is one reason but the main reason is that we don't fucking have money to spend on shit anymore. Everybody too busy paying off high ass rent, their student loans/mortgage, etc while salaries stay stagnant...

Fpbp

Amazon

No malls closing here but that's cause we don't have amazons fast delivery service yet

I stopped going because there were beaners and niggers everywhere loitering.

We dont have niggers in Australia, is that why they are still popular here?

Online shopping. Decline in expendable income for those who aren't wealthy. Too many malls, often in poor locations. Some were built far larger than they needed to be. Niggers.

There are malls out there that are doing well. They tend to be in neighborhoods with few blacks and easily accessible to bordering towns [that also have few blacks].

Because amazon is unironically a monopoly and should have been broken up years ago

I love you guys its my day off and im gonna get super stoned duuuuuuuuude. Fucking fags

Online shopping is usually a bit cheaper.

FPBP

Which is only exacerbated by ever-increasing area rental and employee costs for the retailers.

Additionally, a lot of mall stores tend to have highly-overpriced garbage. The Jewelry Jew quickly comes to mind, but there are many other examples.

It's all about location, location, location. Most malls are in suburban areas surrounded by miles of parking. Nobody wants to shop there except niggers looking for closeout deals. Malls that are connected to transit in more mixed-use areas do better.

>In the lead-up to Amazon Australia’s launch, many consumers took to social media to welcome the online heavyweight’s entry into the market, and to slam large Australian retail chains for taking their customers for granted through high prices, poor customer service, limited range and a lack of online offerings.

It is very true about lack of range. I go into the store and either the thing I want isn't in stock, or they have like one colour of something, or no extra wide shoes, etc.

Is the mall in Laurel still open? It was sketchy in mid-90s but I have friends from Bowie and Laurel that said it was okay in the 80s.

>Where did it all go so wrong?
no one wants to go to malls because they're full of niggers.

Northridge Mall Milwaukee.
Once a beautiful area with venues on outer circle drive including nightclubs.
Built a project.
Niggers come.
Northridge no more, now the northwest side is Ape Central.
Niggers,
Niggers,
Niggers.
Destroy whatever Whites create.

Retailers taking away commission sales from retail associates in the 90’s made good customer service a thing if the past.
t. old fag

A mall isn't a daycare or a playground.
A lack of manners and respect for others is what killed malls.
If clientele can't behave themselves while shopping, then that's a place I won't spend money.
Race be damned.

>Sage slide threads

jewish greed

Aren't malls in America also often in places you have to go out of your way to reach? The only way the mall paradigm can work today is if it's not a mall smack dab in the middle of nowhere but part of an entertainment hub like sports arena, movie theater, plus other services. Then people might also shop there. Driving to a mall just to shop at higher prices when they can just order the same thing online doesn't make sense.

Also a nanosecondly fuck you to Google for recaptcha bullshit. DIE DIE DIE

>great american Institution

Nigger you what? Malls have always been a symptom of suburban cancer.

America was around long before malls. We should watch their death with glee.

The fact that they are dying, is a sign that that hugely wasteful, disconnected, and anti-social way of life is collapsing as well.

Welcome it.

Are you one of those high-density urbanite futurist people?

>malls closing
watched some old george carlin stand-up shows from youtube the other day, he would be happy

The Internet and smartphones.

This.

Millenials are more about experience and photo ops than material possessions. Sure some nu males are still into collectables because they stopped mentally developing at the adolescent stage but most of that shit is online anyway.

Laurel is pg county so I'm sure its a hole.
I live in Anne Arundel and the only inhabitable mall is Annapolis and even that is at least 50% nigger.
You should see the Arundel Mils mall. It's like walking into a different country.

Not really. If anything I'm a low density live in the woods and farm type.

Rural>Urban>Suburban. This is all based on energy efficiency. Suburbs are hugely wasteful and expensive.

Pretty much this.

Malls in the 80's/90's had private security that pretty much harrassed broke ass ghetto blacks out of the mall. They would follow them and basically harrass them out. Nowadays that shit doesnt fly. So after a couple years of theft, assaults, and then shootings at the mall, all the white people stop going there and the mall closes. The only exceptions to this are if there's been a big influx of beaners they go to the mall because they act like niggers themselves. However the type of stores turns ghetto immediately and the mall still probably goes out of business, just not as fast. Seeing this with the tacoma mall the last 15 years.

Why are blacks such a problem when they are only 13% of the overall American population?

They are full of thieving spics and niggers

West Edmonton Mall is doing okay.
But Canada is mostly white tho...

How is rural energy efficient though?

That's too bad. I remember going to the Annapolis Mall, too, a time or two. The area around the Naval Academy was "quaint", I guess, in it's feel. I live down in Florida and have lost touch with those friends many years ago. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

Shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=_aCtsv6aytw

Because you don't have to waste it on a bunch of free loaders.

Modern large scale farming is ridiculous in its energy usage. Shipping costs mostly.

Small scale farming is much more efficient.

Farming and livestock means you dont have to drive to get food and alot of people can just drive to pick up supplies. Urban areas you can walk alot of places.

I wish small farms would make a comeback.

where do whites shop now?

>(((SCHLOSSBERG)))
Why are you amerisharts using our flag?

Because everyone is buying online. Stores are now being replaced by factory outlets that sell directly from places like Nike at a lower price.

The next generation is more minimalist as well so they wont be buying a ton of shit they don't need.

eBay, Amazon, wish, ali express, Ali baba

Why even bother with those shit tier stores with 50 dollar shirts and 80 dollar pants?

>walk into the mall
>stands full of shifty Arabs and Israelis selling corny sports memorabilia, hood airbrush shirts (RIP Tyberius), and vape gear
>department stores are understaffed, dying, and full of shitty overpriced clothes
>2 Gamestops for some fucking reason
>fast food staffed entirely by nogs
>random store owned by Persian guy selling 20$ polyester suits and imitation leather
>Foot Locker
>cell phones with flashing lights on them
>random 4'10" Mexicans walking around with their 4'8" wife shoplifting from Sears
>urban youths diversifying the walkways
>whole place smells like overpowering perfume and cologne, gives you a headache after 15 minutes
>rent a cops on segways leering at everyone

I really don't know why I don't go more often.

Besides Tech shit, buy stocks in tech companies now. They will go through the roof in the coming years.

No. Not the Mall of Somalia, pls no.
What will happen to Minnesomalias economy?

>Africa Mills
AA county is the best. Severna Park/Pasadena.

Monsanto owns the rights to all the seeds.

Online or at high end stores in parts of town with no bus lines. Or thrift stores for old glassware bowls.

so from what I've seen Sup Forums thinks malls are dying because they are afraid of being in places where non-whites are. Interesting.

>m-muh inferior races!

Yes

This.
My city had two malls. One got so infested with niggers and their gang violence that it went out of business.

I fucking love thrift stores, people throw away so much cool shit.

You can literally find like $300 jeans in nice neighborhoods.

>oh no a business isn't able to adapt to the market
>let's blame consumers for it

We have a beautiful outdoor shopping complex. It is reminiscent of an old downtown. People scoffed when the owner located so far away from the malls and local area. He put it about 1,000 yards from the county line. So, all these great stores went in, beautiful lighting, brick walks throughout the area, activities for kids, and families. The city asked him to open the parking lot for bus transport, and he refused. Then they said he had to open it up. He pointed out that the complex is across the county line, so they had no say in it. The Black City council fumed, but could do nothing. To this day the place is clean, safe, busy, and about 99% white. Stores can make a profit because they're not getting robbed.
This is the way of the future in retail.

The nearest mall to me hasn't suffered like the rest of the country. It's always packed with white people and surprisingly a large amount of pajeets and viets. Then again I live in a mostly white area.

>white people leave mall
>KEK WE MALL KANGZ NOW
>destroyed and up for sale
>can't even take care of a mall
>muh superior blackness!

Online shopping services tanked them by undercutting their prices, which is actually the best happening of our decade.

Shopping malls were always the middle man and always lost customers to mail order and other such, but Amazon has completely btfo'd them and I couldn't be happier. Now all that remains is to repair the shattered sense of community that is left behind.

Everything is out of the way besides maybe one or two minimarts if you are in the suburbs. Our entire infrastructure is based around the car and the "a 10 minute drive to the store isnt too bad" mindset.

>bulgarian thinks anyone besides stinky bulgshit diaspora wants to use their flag
topkek

Watch for an increase of gen z kids turning into alphas since they have so many badass abandoned malls as hang out spots

niggers and spics. seriously why would I want to go to a mall when it's filled with teenage niggers and spics shitting up the place looking for people to rob.

Yeah, since nobody has to go to a shopping mall, now it better be more like a scenic downtown or nobody will go spend their money.

it's almost as if retail has 10 years tops before the amazon model takes over completely, with warehouses stocked by robots, and deliveries made by auto trucks and drones, still need millions of illiterate brown people for muh job though.

Why go to the mall when you can just order your shit online? It's not like you can't hang out somewhere else

Dunno why I keked so hard at this pic

> implying your direct vendor isn't a kike

no one wants to be around niggers, not even other niggers. we are not afraid of niggers, we just have no desire to be around them, like everybody else.