Linda young was a terrible VA for frieza

>linda young was a terrible VA for frieza
>we had to wait until the 2010s with chris ayres to get a voice for frieza that actually fits
fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CupxM_jNnEM
youtube.com/watch?v=hdCXLNrOw3g
youtube.com/watch?v=fC4aL7zsp0U
youtu.be/uRdIE5bjEIU?t=14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

except for people with real taste didn't wait at all and just liked the original VA

So this is a dub thread?

>people with real taste
Yeah I really like my supervillains to sound like a diner waitress who smoked a dozen packs of Menthols before her shift.

Fuck outta here, trash. Your taste is shit and so is Young's voice acting for Frieza.

He was talking about Nakao.

>tfw we got a cool deep voice around here
youtube.com/watch?v=CupxM_jNnEM

Young's voice fit Freiza more than the generic shit the gook actor did.

the entirety of the english dub is bottom-barrel absolute shit tier voice acting, you tonedeaf retard

>generic
You must be deaf, or you're shitposting. Young's voice sounded retarded. Chris' fit much more than that garbage from the original VA.

>waaaah i only watch anime with subs on
faggot. cry more

>>>/Gaiaonline/
>>>/Myanimelist/

>finally get a decent VA for Freeza
>people actually complain about it and defend the horrendous old one

Funimation dub all the way

Sue me

says the cuck who probably prefers Goku's hardcore superman personality in the dub

off yourself for real

I like kuriboh' Frieza

WEW amerilards
Frieza was supposed to sound like a sadistic literal faggot, not a PMS woman filling for a divorce.

Been in Hong Kong during my childhood years I found that the HK dub Frieza was quite fitting of the character.

Which is then quite bizarre because they then used the exact same VA, using his exact same Frieza voice to then voice Cell.

Which ALSO surprisingly fits the character!

Frieza's a Freaky Alien Genotype who actually looks like one. It works.

>abridgefags
And this is why dragon ball threads shouldn't exist

It's funny. Take the stick out of your ass.

Latin dub Freezer was pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=hdCXLNrOw3g

Geez, that sounds like it should belong to Cooler instead.

Well, at least the little kids know he's a dude.

Cooler had the same VA as latam Cell. And even used the same pitch. Suited both characters really well.

>listens to dub
>has the audacity to talk shit about taste
it's time to go back to where you came from

DB Kai fixed the script that Funi made up.

The Funi dub for Kai is much better than the original Funi dub from the 90s, given that the VAs all have had at least 2 decades of practicing the roles to get them down good.

He even came back for the movie, shit was great.

Linda is GOAT. It's memorable and actually had character, and it fit his slightly effeminate nature. Ayres sounds completely and utterly generic. It literally sounds like he sat down and decided he'd just do a fucking shit imitation

The actual voices aside, Linda actually had bants. Chris seemed like he was trying way too hard to sound intelligent.

sean is the #1 example of good english dubbing

I honestly think Linda with a better script and background music would have made a perfectly good Frieza.

>I have been completely isolated from the world for the past 15 years
the post

>implying
Folks here still whine about Shemmel and pretend Japanese granny Goku is better.

Checked.
Double trips confirm truth

lt's funny on occasion, yes, but anything DB related derails to Abridge quoting and it's annoying as all fuck.
>le pecking order!! XDD

I don't think Young was terrible, l just think she was at the whim of the shit script at the time.

It fit alright and did its job

Why even? She made Frieza sound more intimidating & sadistic. She captured the villain role perfectly. Ayres can only do a sadistic and condescending tone. This makes his Frieza sound too flamboyant and less intimidating. But what would I know, I've only been doing voice acting since 98'

Sabat? What are you doing on Sup Forums?

>dis nigga droppin dubble trips
remind me to never look at u sideways when crossin da street on a fuckin thursday holy shittles

I dunno they're both good. One fits the character of "evil space emperor" better, whilst the other is creepier and makes Frieza come off as this weird androgynous alien.

Sabat even said they had now clue what they were doing back in the day due to the whole anime dubbing industry being relatively new in America. The voices are great now because they've had so much time to hone them, but they were mostly horrible back in the day. Ayres is a perfect fit for Frieza.

youtube.com/watch?v=fC4aL7zsp0U

Same here senpai

youtu.be/uRdIE5bjEIU?t=14s

Linda Frieza best Frieza

>dubfag problems

But Schemmel is shit

It doesn't matter, none of the dub voices are anywhere near as good as the Mexidub Frieza's earsex.

I like Young's interpretation. Having an androgynous voice really made Frieza more alien and creepy.