Western World

What is the Western world? Give me your definition of the Western world.

mapchart.net/world.html

>Give me your definition of the Western world
The creators of the world

Central and South America should be included..

Series of countries based around a set/series of institutions and values primarily inherited from Rome and Greece but also including the Catholic Church.
Also Poland should be in red on that map.

include northern mexico plox. since we're white. And we vote for the "national action party"

argentina is the only western country now

how 'bout this?

True west

Explain.

Israel should be black.

Russian empire.

Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, are "nova-arabia" therefore, no longer share anything with western culture. Russia, northern Mexico, Eastern Europe are based.

>South Africa
>Japan
>South Korea

Nope.

No, Russia and most of Eastern Europe other than Poland/the Czech Republic/former Czechoslovakia has its own unique cultural history which is not culturally similar enough to Western/Northern Europe to categorize it as Western.
South Africa isn't Western really anymore, its institutions, etc. were built by Westerners but fundamentally it's culturally African.
Latin America isn't Western for similar reasons, it may be Catholic, but the values like individualism and high trust with open markets aren't there.

Also Japan, Taiwan, and SK may be protectorates of a (partially at this point) Western country but they themselves aren't Western at all.
No series of institutions inherited from Rome/Greece, no Catholic Church historically.

Fuck it, count Japan.
Genetically and culturally, they have nothing to do with the rest of us, but politically, economically, and technologically, they're as Western as they come. If you can count Australia as "Western", you can count Japan.

>Albania and Bosnia are "Western"
>Georgia is more "Middle Eastern"

Yeah I fucked that up, balkans is western except muslim parts. Georgia is western because they're old christians.

did you forget to add, sweden, england, germany, denmark, netherlands, belgium etc to that nova arabia/africa

west is the white world- all europe,plus usa and australia.

t. butthurt Juanito

I almost 100% agree.
- Czech Republic (they were east of the iron curtain)
+ Greece, Malta and Andorra.

> Czech Republic not Western because of the Iron Curtain
So is Eastern Germany not Western either?
That's a dumb metric considering it's only 45 years of a 1000+ year long cultural tradition and history.

>Austria
>Literally the birthplace of Hitler

Its definitely Western.

The western world is the part of the world that used to be white.

I consider East-Germany part of the Western world only because it has reunited with its western part. Since parts of the Czech republic were part of Imperial Germany in the past, I do consider those parts historically Western, but the majority of the country, culture and history of 'Czech Republic' (not German territory) is not Western, but Slavic.

Fixed it for you

Europe and its diaspora nations

Are you color-blind? Austria is marked Western on my map.

> inb4 Israel isn't the West

they're as western as you could be, except they aren't liberal nu-commie retards.

> inb4 brasil, argentina, chile aren't west

70% of the people in these countries are of portugese/italian/lebanese descent. the other south american countries are PURE indian shitholes.

Russia is the antithesis of the West.

shut up moro

>what is more
>what is Greece
>what is Egypt
>what is Mesopotamia
The west merely copies what other civilizations have given them.

also, pre-erdogan turkey could be considered western too. even now, they may act all 'fuq ameriqa' but most of them are cosmopolitans and crypto-secularists

Wrong. Russia is white, Russia went through a feudal period like the rest of Europe. Russia went through a renaissance like Europe. Russia is part of Europe. Russia had a royal family called the "Romanov" just like other western nations.

Okay you're right I'm sorry.

Uruguay is whiter than Chile and Brazil, like, noticeably whiter.
> country, culture and history of 'Czech Republic' (not German territory) is not Western, but Slavic
> A language group precludes you from belonging to a certain culture
> Just ignore that Czech lands were rich like the rest of the West, that it had a strong Catholic and not Orthodox tradition, etc. which sharply differentiates it and arguably Poland from the rest of Eastern Europe

I never said Russia wasn't white. They're white, so are most slavic countries, I'll never deny that. But ideologically, Russia, since 1917, has always done exactly the opposite of the West just to fuck us in the ass. Even today, the US supports Israel/Saudis, Russia immediately chooses Hezbollah/Persia. Unless they magically return to their pre-1917 ideologies, which Putin isn't, despite what he says, then no, Russia will always be the Red Reflection of the West.

forgot Uruguay, thanks man. but do you agree that the other three are pretty much European in culture and ethnic background? theyre some of the most roman catholic countries on earth

>Even today, the US supports Israel/Saudis,
.... this kind of cancer will ultimately destroy us.

>Paraguay
That is an amerindian shithole. Those are still believing in magic and voodoo shit. They are nowhere near what should be considered as Western Word.

>Russia
Only the western region, but it is an Asian country and even Putin declared it as such.

>Not including Portugal, Spain, Italy or France
wew lad

We either side with Russia or we side with China, at least Russians are traditional, orthodox, white Christians. Why do you want to side with mongols?

> "us"

what the hell is us? I don't consider shabbos kuffir for the Islamic Republic to be 'western'. Your hatred of jews, while possibly justified, has blinded you. You've become the exact thing Iran wants you to be. From thousands of miles away, you cheer on the Persians, while in reality you would rather live in an Israeli neighborhood than a 70IQ Shia district. It's the same hypocritical thinking that liberals have about minorities. Don't sit there and support these warmongering savages from across the sea while simultaneously promoting Europe. They hate Europe much more than any israeli does.

Saudis are cancer 100% though.

Blue = Western
Green = Islamic
Red = Eastern
Yellow = Oriental
Black = African
Brown = Latin
Orange = Indian

Really, i should've have India, Ethiopia, and Finland be each their own neutral, but you get the point

Sam Huntington gave us his map. It's not perfect but no map would be.

Also Greece

I can confirm for Argentina. But Chile has a heavy amerindian culture and they are proud of it. Every chilean is a mestizo and they consider themselves as such.

I wouldn't count Brasil as having a cultural and ethnic european background. They obviously have influence, but nowhere near such a thing as a "background" (like Argentina, USA, Canada or Uruguay).

The hell are you on? Why do I have to choose between them? I side with the US. In Asia, I choose Japan, SK, and India. I don't know why you think I hate Russia, I've been there and I loved it. But they still aren't western, which is good for them. They're a beautiful people with a rich country of culture.

Have you seen the streets of those places lately? it's full of niggers, trash, mudslims. They are no longer part of the west, they have been destroyed. You could argue northern Italy, Scotland, basque are still based.

cheers. are there lots of lebs in argentina/chile, or only brasil? im asking as a leb christian

Because China and Russia are the only superpowers besides America. You have to side with one to defeat the other one. You cannot allow them to become allies.

Look, OP stated what is -your- definition of the Western world. This is based on subjectivity and personally chosen metrics. From your previous posts it's clear you care mostly about how white a country is. I look more at the historical (East/West of iron curtain, why do I choose this 45 year time-frame? Because the term 'Western', along with 'first/second/third world' was created during this time), linguistic (Germanic and Latin) and geographical (West-Europe and colonial offshoots) location.

I'm not saying Czech republic is untermensch tier for not belonging to this self-created group lmao, it's a great country, along with Hungary, Poland, Slovenia and the Baltics. I didn't include Japan, Taiwan or South Korea in this group either.

I'd rather Russia, clearly. They still aren't western man, unless they suddenly start supporting western movements. US is also to blame. US-Russian alliance would steamroll China, NK, Saudis, Iran all at once.

literally based.

US needs to stop warmongering russia.

I agree 100%

The thing that separates Eastern Europe apart from Western Europe other than Orthodox Christianity and some other things is the continuous spectre or threat of Ottoman domination or invasion which continually haunted it throughout its history.
You can tell which countries were culturally affected by it the most since they have generally lower levels of trust, higher militarism and nationalism, etc. brought about by a culture in which they were dominated as second class citizens by an outside power.
This is largely what separates a traditionally Catholic Eastern European country like Hungary from ones like the Czech Republic or Poland, those countries didn't deal with the Ottomans as much and it strongly shaped their cultural trajectory.

There are some serious geopolitical strategists who see Argentina doing very well in the coming decades. Especially since they seem to have recently sorted out their political issues.

actually, what would you dream alliance be? mine is:

> US
> Russia
> Japan
> Israel
> Christian Lebanon
> Turkey (with a secular leader)

vs.

> Corrupt EU garbage
> Iran
> Saudi
> China
> NK
> Pakistan

Historically speaking, some countries down here were always bond with western ideals.
I mean, there's a reason why the first World Cup took place in Uruguay and not in Algeria.
For me it goes something like this:

Argentina
>Historically one of the most advanced countries here, achieving life standard huger than those in Europe back then.
>Proof of that is the enormous wave of immigrants that came here from Europe.
>Always an all to western powers, except for the Perón era when he flirted with everyone.
Uruguay
>Due to them actually killing ALL of their native Charrúas people and leaving just the local mestizos alive, after their also huge wave of immigration from Europe they practically became little Europe.
>High living standards but they are "chillier" than the rest of us. Not much achieved but peace and stability was more than enough to seduce Europeans, so that's your proof.
Brasil
>Yeah I know, but try to think on 50 years ago Brasil. Good enough to attract massive amounts of migrants.
>Maybe it was the hardness of their politics, but they managed to keep a huge territory intact.
Chile
>kinda backwards at first, but managed to be pretty much stable from mid 1800s, some shitty governments in between, nothing good ol' Pinochet did not fix.
>Yeh the Chileanons went apeshit last week over their elections, but I still think they can manage to keep being one of the most developed states out of Europe.

I can't talk for México or Colombia. They always were very unstable and violent. But there some shinny spots of peace even there, not sure if that's enough.
Currently we are all going downhill, sadly.

This is the West, you may not like it but this is what peak western looks like

> islamic north africa
> west

are you on crack

Do you mean Lebanese? In Brasil and Argentina you will find the major communities in the Southern part of South America. Here in Argentina we had a dear Lebanese christian who gave his life for our country. His name was Mohamed Ali Seineldín (pic related).
In Chile you will find a lot of Palestinians.

> I don't consider people who hate Jews to be Western
Well user, I have some odd news for you then, you don't consider 90% or so of the Western people who ever existed up until recently Western.
Fair enough.

Kill yourself moro

> China

no. they were a mongolian shithole until Mao genocided them into industrial progress with enormous support from Stalin. Japan was always leagues better than china.

This
All decadent and replacing their native pops
That's what defines the west today

awesome man. we leb christians will never forsake the west or side with our muslim nemesis. im going to visit brasil next month

spotted the slavshit

>western world
>is all way round

Read what I said carefully. I never said you had to love jews. I even said your hatred of them is perfectly justified. However, many people on pol have their blind hatred of jews taken advantage of by muslims, and you know that's true. have any opinion on jews you want, but don't let muslims hijack your movement and make it about them. don't make jew hatred form your geopolitical opinions:

> hurr iran hates jews the most, they must be the good guys

not really

> so does jordan, ill side with them
> He suddenly finds himself supporting muslim countries exclusively.

you can separate your hatred of jews from your geopolitical alliances.

Western World: USA, Canada, EU 15 countries (countries joined to EU before 2004), Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, parts of SA.

well it's the Slavs who are actually fighting mudslim brutes.

are we western world or just the ghetto of the west?

>Western World
Isn't that based in the iron curtain division?

Yes, there a lot of them and they're cool.
They were mostly Christians already when they came here, many persecuted by the Ottoman authorities, that's why most of them came in the late 1800s and the early 1900s. Got many Armenians as well.
We called them "Turks" cuz they all had Ottoman passport.

The few that were muslims lost their faith and language.
They gave us this motherfucker tho, he raped us in the 90s. Menem.

mexico is western but stop with the anti-US nonsense. mexico is the backyard of the West, if you regress from modernity you can join your 'indian' brothers living in favelas

Who the fuck mentioned China?

Not bad at all/10.

Poland isn't western either, you buffoon.

Moroccan shitskin immigrant detected.

replied to the wrong post, don't worry about it. also i'd rather be considered turk than arab any day. ive got some family that used to live in Sao Paulo, but my dads been to argentina

> best steak in the world

according to him. can you confirm this

Only if you live in the white states on the north. If you're a brown, fat, snorlax you are not part of the west.

I'm not an expert on Mexico, but weren't the white and safe parts in the South-East?

it could be, but the ultra-slavicness of its culture is borderline garbage

>are we western
Are you (read: your country) White? >yes
Are you (read: your country) non-White? >no

Simple.

>Poland
>Western

No, northern states were desolated, the brute natives were used as slaves (and killed) in the mines. This is why Indentured migrants from Europe went there to populate the place.

Non 3rd world countries
Human countries

For example Japan isn't the third world and it isn't western either.

AKA "the free world"

You're goddamn right.
It's a shame that most of our best meat is exported, to find top quality you'll have to pay a high price.

I don't think any Russian would proclaim himself to be part or Western Civilization. Whites are not some monolithic united entity that's a fiction. Goes back to byzantines and orthodox.

Re-frame as a political topic otherwise This thread belongs on /his/

>Catholic Eastern European country

aka Central Europe.

I'm a bit more generous than the average Sup Forumslack.

Ideally, this would include South Africa and Rhodesia as well, but alas...

I feel stupid for not including Greece in the first pic.

Post made me support

What retarded metric did you apply to have Catholic nations of Central Europe like Bolan and Czechia end up eastern?
Explain yourself autist.

>Catholicism defines how Western a nation is
Let's mark Uganda red as well boys.