Catholics v Protestants

What are the theological differences between Catholics and Protestants?

Other urls found in this thread:

remnantofgod.org/transubstantiation.htm
romancatholicism.co.uk/blasphemyofthemass.html
angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/idolatryofeucharist.html
universe-people.com/english/svetelna_knihovna/htm/en/en_kniha_the_new_revelation_of_the_lord_jesus_christ_01.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know Protestants base their interpretation solely on the Bible Text and their own understanding versus Catholics that look to the Church in conjunction with the Bible with Answers.

But what is different about what they actually believe?

Catholics give us Empires, Protestants give us life size Arks in Kentucky.

No they do not. They base it on their own interpretation of the Bible. That Bible was not nearly as rightwing as Protestants seem to believe.

Catholics listen to Francis, Protestants don't.

Protestants aren't supposed to celebrate Christmas with St. Nicholas, but they do. Catholics are allowed to do so.

Catholics believe in transubstantiation, but Protestants don't.

Catholics like bringing Muslim migrants to Protestant lands, Protestants are unaware.

Catholics control the banks, hollywood, news media, etc. Protestants blame the Jews.

>Catholics control the banks, hollywood, news media, etc. Protestants blame the Jews.

Lmao you have to lurk for 2 years in order to post here

>Catholics believe in transubstantiation, but Protestants don't.
Is that the one where bread and wine literally turn into flesh and blood even though that all of the 5 senses would suggest that they are still bread and wine?

If you boil it all the way down, Catholics have a purgatory and Protestants don’t. Having a purgatory naturally leads to a lot of things like works-based salvation and earning salvation as well as praying to Mary and saints instead of God for help.

That is correct. The Body and the Blood.

>Catholics always depict Jesus with long hair
>when He said men with long hair is shameful

Catholics have a set of traditions that you could choose from to be closer to God.
Protestants let you do whatever you want to get closer to God as long as it follows the bible.

They are both fucking stupid and believe in made up bullshit from 2000 years ago

Catholics have the theology, Protestants have a fantasy.

As far as Christianity goes, Protestants are the J.V. team and Catholics are the Varsity team.
If you just want to go to church on Sunday and not put a whole lot into it, become a Lutheran or a Methodist. If demons have possessed you, you're going to need to speak with the Catholics.

Catholics follow the church instead of the bible (lol)
Protestants claim to follow the bible but are either really REALLY bad at it or are just sinners

Christian Discord!

This is an open invitation to anyone that wants to attend a "virtual sermon" on Discord, where we'll be covering Christ as the Logos, and what that means, and the Promise of the Holy Spirit by Jesus.

The perspectives we use cover the ideas of St. Maximus the Confessor about the Logos, and the gospel of John.

If you're interested in hearing the sermon and ask questions about the perspective, join the discord:

Invite: /9QKkRe3

We'd love to have you guys in the Server, we're attempting to resurrect Christian faith through a reasonable and logical standpoint compatible with Modern Thinking, attempting to strip away Atheism.

It isn't necessarily a protestant, Orthodox, or Catholic structure, and we intend to keep it about studying Scripture and understanding God based on the theological foundations of Christianity.

Catholics worship the pope and Protestants worship Jesus

Will this sermon be at any pre-determined time?

The Catholic chruch is clearly the whore of babylon from revalation. But protestantism is based off catholic teaching. Catholicism was all there was in europe for centuries. The protestants who think they are getting back to 'real' christianity are deluding themselves. They even use the book compiled by the church of rome as their holy book.

One thing I think we can all agree with. The Catholics are the ones who handle the demonic shit.

Around 6PM Pacific time. Invite your friends!

>The Catholics are the ones who handle the demonic shit.
The speakers of latin grow fewer and fewer each year and thus the demonic power grows.

>If you just want to go to church on Sunday and not put a whole lot into it, become a Lutheran or a Methodist.

Never been to those churches. I think if you want to attend a church without putting anything into them, then definitely join one of those "hip" Churches that play rock. I don't know if there's a name for them. I went to one on a whim--had nothing going on a Sunday morning--and there was about 15 mins of sermon with shallow and feel good theology (like Joel Olsteen), and then just a bunch of music playing.

transubstantiation is doctrine in LCMS

This is true. Latin is too hard for non-catholics. It is like the catholic version of yiddish.

Protestants believe the only way to know God is to read the Bible, and that other humans shouldn't be interpreting it for them. Of course that's pretty stupid, since the Bible they're reading has been translated by other humans, and there's no such thing as a literal translation so there is interpretation baked in. The Bible is filled with idioms that don't easily translate, words that could mean all sorts of things and are roughly translated to English (or whatever) words that themselves are open to all sorts of meanings. Basically you need somebody who's spent years studying the text and learning from others who have studied the text. Few people alive today actually have a firm grasp of 2000 year old Koine Greek, much less even older Herbrew and Aramaic, filled with idioms and phraseology that is very unfamiliar to modern English (or whatever) speakers. It's very easy to fall into error and sin when you are trying to understand a translation of Biblical texts unassisted.

This is why Catholics have the Catechism. There is an unbroken line of Catholic scholars and priests going all the way back to the Apostles, and these individuals have ensured the faith remains consistent and free of doctrinal error even after two thousand years. It is a common misconception thanks to Protestant propaganda that Catholics don't use the Bible, but in fact pretty much the entire Bible is read aloud in Mass on a three year schedule. Protestants use the Bible for study, Catholics use the Catechism for study and use the Bible for worship.

All theological differences between Catholics and Protestants stem from the fact that Protestants are making things up as they go along, picking and choosing what interpretations they like, often for historical political reasons, and none of their churches were founded by any of the Apostles, unlike the Catholic and various Orthodox churches. There are too numerous doctrinal errors among the various Protestant sects to really list here.

Lutherans believe in transubstantiation, but reject the idea that bread and wine can be directly converted based on their interpretation of revelations.

This is protestant propaganda. Catholics do not pray to Mary and the saints. We ask Mary and the saints to pray for us, the same way we'd ask any fellow Christian to pray for us. It's called Intercession, and it is based on Biblical passages that Protestants pretend don't exist. All of our prayers are to God.

I have NEVER understood the reason for church being REQUIRED.

I get it, if you have shakey faith then go so you can be with other believers and if you don't have time to learn on your own then go to learn.

But once you go to about 1-2 years or church, you pretty much learn all what that church has to offer as the sermons repeat for the days of the year.

I just don't learn anything NEW in church. I real a bunch on my own. I learn and have fun through discussion and I don't like the "Sit down, shut up and listen" aspect of Church.

If "Church" was go to a place where a bunch of DEUS VULT Sup Forumssters would meet and debate, talk, reflect on the news, recommend readings, we each share a cool youtube video and discuss or whatever then that would be awesome and you couldn't tear me away from it.

But waking up early on my day off to go to a church to just sit there, be bored, wait for the clock to run out, have to sing the shitty songs and go home?

Yeah fuck that.

> Of course that's pretty stupid, since the Bible they're reading has been translated by other humans, and there's no such thing as a literal translation so there is interpretation baked in

This is retarded. It's the word of God. There are no mistakes in the translation

You clearly don't know anything about translating from one language to another.

what are you, protestant?

Protestant services are pretty pointless, I agree. At Catholic Mass we have the Eucharist.

Was Catholic, then LARPed Germanic Paganism for a long time, then realized that the kikes hated Jesus with a passion so that he must be right about something then
>Oh shit, Jesus is the most lied about man in all of history, topping even Adolf Hitler.

The Vatican is the mother of harlots, and the protestant denominations that keep her traditions are her daughters.

church is just for praying and worshipping it's not like some kind of get-together. according to catholic theology protestant churches aren't real churches.

> I don't like the "Sit down, shut up and listen" aspect of Church

It's sit, stand, and kneel. We also turn to each other and say "peace be with you" before cannibalizing some of Christ's body and blood.

>At Catholic Mass we have the Eucharist
Yeah I guess I just don't have the faith that a cracker and wine that I little-girl-tea-party-with-a-dark-twist pretend is flesh and blood is somehow a game changer in my life.

You mean Pagan heathenry

It's about communion and formation of a community. The sheer size and scale of modern cities makes this difficult and perhaps impossible in the way it used to.

the eurcharist is 100% bread and wine but it's also 100% jesus body and blood.
it helps us to understand how Jesus was fully God and fully man at the same time.

>Eucharist.
Disgusting. Jesus broke the bread he didn't bake it into a nice round wafer. Disgusting pagans.

For protestants
remnantofgod.org/transubstantiation.htm
romancatholicism.co.uk/blasphemyofthemass.html
angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/idolatryofeucharist.html

People were killed over that damned wafer.

This is objectively incorrect if you look at the meaning of the word communion in general. Stop posting if you don't know anything

Fucking what? Fellowship is an integral part of the Christian faith. If you didn't get that at churches you've been to, you've been going to the wrong churches. Not "peace be with you" kind of shit, actually praying together and reflecting on the Word. The other two anons are larping as Catholics but jack it to anime, guaranteed.

>"Sit down, shut up and listen" aspect of Church
Yeah you made the wrong decision going to a church with a clergy/laity distinction.
>I want my church meetings to be like a t_d afterschool club
lmao faggot

>it helps us to understand how Jesus was fully God and fully man at the same time.
oh okay cool.
I fully get that due to my understanding of the one-soul concept.
So I'm not missing anything. Noice.

>>I want my church meetings to be like a t_d afterschool club
>lmao faggot

Okay, then what would be the best way to have church that is engaging, informative, controlled, and respectful?

Jesus was a sacrifice. A willing sacrifice to atone for man's sin and to put to rest the horrors of pagan sacrificial religion that wouldn't go away (still stubbornly hasn't as #pg shows us).

He was exposing and condemning it. The notion of the eucharist is necessarily tied into human sacrifice.

If you want to argue that Catholicism has been infiltrated by Satanism, that's one thing, but if your point is "stop eating the cracker because it has to do with human sacrifice", yeah no fucking shit dumbass.

Yes but you are literally sacrificing Jesus over and over and over and over and over and over and over every time you do it.

If you're serious about wanting a community, you don't just go on Sunday. You get involved with the church. All that Catholic stuff about good works? We often do that together.

Catholics suck Jew cock believing Jesus is GOD
Protestants suck Jew cock but believe Jesus is not God.

both are living a lie

... Yes... kind of like being reminded of what his sacrifice was and how central it was to the perfection of man moving forward.

You're not making the point you think you are, but I get what puts you off about this.

Catholics *know* they're eating a cracker that represents human sacrifice. It's a matter of how one thinks about the meaning of that.

I have no doubt there is some creepy Satanic shit smuggled into every Abrahamic religion, but you're not going to get Catholics to stop taking Eucharist.

Go tell a Muslim or a Jew or a protestant Englishman their traditions are horrific. See if it stops them.

THIS

What´s the catholics justification for their church meddling in politics when jesus himself rejected authority over men when tempted by lucifer?

They're both bastardized Judaism. Protestantism is a bastard child of Catholicism.

To find Christianity remove the old testament and all of the new testament except Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and then read the dead sea scrolls. Basically remove any influence that Judaism and the Catholics have had on the religion. Then you'll find Christianity

Greek/Hebrew interlinear can solve the translation errors, and I'm eyeing a book on biblical idioms because you mentioned that, so thank you. I hope more Christians start to pay better attention to what Jesus did and said, gifts of the spirit, and deliverance.

>posted from Israel

does Jesus use Old Testament memes pretty thoroughly in his bits though?

Thanks, that makes a bit more sense.

wtf do you mean?!?! please share

Are you talking about Pope Francis? Catholics who remember their Catechism know that the Pope is still just a man who sins like everyone else. He's only infallible in a very narrow way when specifically addressing doctrine and those situations are actually pretty rare.

In other words, we Catholics don't justify it, and a lot of us are pretty embarrassed about it.

Everyone does it, even other groups who claim to hold themselves to a higher standard, they'd be fools not to.

Protestants love listening to men. Their whole religion has been based, from the very beginning, around charismatic men.
Luther, Calvin, down to modern day John Piper, Joel Osteen, Steven Anderson, etc.
They love worshiping men and having random men tell them what it means to be a "true Christian."
Catholics follow the Holy Spirit as it leads Christ's true Church.

Watch Keanu Reeves Documentary on Demonic Possession "Constantine"

Eucharist:
Catholic - the body and blood of Christ
Protestant - symbolic bread and wine, not really Jesus

Communion:
Catholic - to priest, with pennance and sacramental prayer to God
Protestant - to God in private

A fellow watcher of Rick & Morty, I see.

This. Sorry fellas but if ur not an Egyptian Coptic Christian then you’re going to burn in hell.

That's an American meme because they didn't want the Jesuits, Jews, or bankers fucking with their fledgling nation.

In modern times, a more correct and faithful reading would be that the WOB is any respected Abrahamic institution whose leadership is practising pagan esoteric religion (including human sacrifice).

So that's every Abrahamic religion right now.

No I mean in general, the church always had a say in politics, even more in the past. Like acting as an arbitrator in international conflicts.

>Catholics like bringing Muslim migrants to Protestant lands, Protestants are unaware.

Nah, it's somebody else entirely

>Protestants follow God's Word
>Catholics follow the Pope's Traditions
Sound bout right.

What is the British Empire, Alex?

>Daily reminder that it's Adam and Eva, not Adam and Steve

Protestcucks hate art and science
Catholics dont

There's only one church that considers herself the mother of all churches.

>Communion:
>Catholic - to priest, with pennance and sacramental prayer to God
That's not communion.

>Catholics like bringing Muslim migrants to Protestant lands, Protestants are unaware.

This fucking guy. Look at him. He thinks it's a fucking game.

For those not keen on the thousand year old twisting and distorting of the truth on this spiritual master of Light, here's a source:

universe-people.com/english/svetelna_knihovna/htm/en/en_kniha_the_new_revelation_of_the_lord_jesus_christ_01.htm

Jesus was NOT a christian and he did NOT want to be worshipped. He wanted us to be free and powerful, and you do that by spiritually developing with a loving heart, and for that you need no organization or religion, just pure inner work on yourself with Love.

Catholic empire builders breed with the natives and make shitty mudblood empires (See South America)

Protestant empire builders segregate themselves from the natives and create new versions of home (See North America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa)

>CPV is the word of God.
Remember, it's a sin to put new tubes in your old tires.

It wasn't protestants locking up scientists for espousing the wrong ideas.

40 kekles for you

Are you calling me a larping catholic? I'm a secular catholic. I'm a Jesuit follower.

Ok I'll let you believe it's (((their))) idea.

>That Bible was not nearly as rightwing as Protestants seem to believe

kek. The Bible is right wing as fuck.

>Catholics believe in transubstantiation, but Protestants don't.
Technically speaking the Orthodox don't believe in transubstantiation.
>Catholics control the banks, hollywood, news media, etc. Protestants blame the Jews.
Jews actually do control those. Catholics are just the best goyim

FÖR KUNG OCH FOSTERLAND

Dude, Eastern Orthodoxy is the most based faith. Kyivan patriarchate is all you need. Orthodoxy is the best one. Views on original sin are much more reasonable allowing you free will with the understanding of human nature and the inner conflict between good and evil. It's the most beautiful faith. I recommend you check it out.

Claiming to have new revelations is a pretty big sign you're in a cult.

i saw parts of Constantine in a salon while my mom was getting her nails done, and the salon chick had a seizure... coincidence? she woke up and thought it was 1998 in Vietnam (it was 2006)

Catholics dismiss based Luther and Calvin
Many Protestants also dismiss based Luther and Calvin
Don't make that mistake. Cherish based Luther and Calvin. They speak the truth.

>Technically speaking the Orthodox don't believe in transubstantiation.

Nobody said the orthodox were catholics. We view them as protestant. 1054 was their year of being declared protestants.

We don't justify it, not if we're serious.

Church teaching is to not turn away illegal immigrants. We believe enforcing the law is the job of the state, not the Chruch.
However, this is not the same as endorsing illegal immigration. Any priests or bishops who are calling for illegal immigrants to be let in are just hoping for a larger Catholic base, and thus more donations on Sunday.
Any Catholic who says Jesus said nations are not allowed to have laws is either lying, or seriously misinformed.

Catholic theology comes from two thousand years of tradition, encyclicals, philosophy, and doctrine. Protestants base their entire theology around one obscure bible quote and establish Protestant sect no. 30,000 +1. I personally having nothing against Protestants but they can be so stubborn and ignorant there's a reason they get called names like fundies or Jesus freaks. Stop corrupting the message with Christian rock and feel good nonsense that Christ himself would have hated

that dutch banker guy

IIRC Melanchton (Luther's right hand man) cautioned Kepler to be careful about how he presented some of his ideas and even went so fare as to offer to write a preface to his book that would keep him out of hot water.

>I'm a Jesuit follower
Good Lord. Talk about a guaranteed path to Hell.

a protestant rip off of other empires
it wasn't even the first one on which "the sun never set"

As usual the biggest cult (christian religion) tells other people they are "cults". There is no organization there, no hierarchy, no leader, it was just a guy making pots telling you how to be spiritual - nothing else - that's all you need! So read and give it a shot, do the same with every piece of spiritual literature.

You're using linguistic vagueness to make a weak point.

RCC considers itself the first and only true Christianity. It uses "mother church" language and calls the Church Christ's bride.

What is your point really? That despite ample evidence of Satanism being smuggled into every single Abrahamic religion, and of occult elites sacrificing people, I am obligated to interpret WOB = RCC (alone) ?

Declare them heretics if you want, but you cannot declare them protestants unless you are willing to drop a whole lot of your generalizations about protestants. For example Orthodox don't fit well among protestents because they are neither sola fide or sola scriptura

This is as close to the truth as we're getting in here, I'm afraid.
Catholicism is a modern day ponzi scheme/tax shelter that leaves "men" who follow it abused, broken, and spiritually bankrupt.
They start each service asking for money and passing around a collection plate, then sing songs about their savior who drove money changers from the temples and said theres no need for worldly possessions to find God.
If you want to know an idiot, be friends with a Catholic. They clock in at about an 80 iq, and possess 0 critical thinking skills. Most of them struggle to make simple logical deductions, due to a life of simple rule following behavior mandated of the, by their abusive parents and priests. They think they're THE og religion, but most don't posssss the basic literacy to even read the bible, much less internalize the message if the New Testament.
Give me a Jew over a Catholic 7 days a week--at least they can laugh about why I hate them and debate the nature of their people. Cathmics will just start fingering their necklace and ask for absolution faster than they can kneel.
Funk.
Catholics.