Yu-Gi-Oh! 6

Yusaku will put YGO spinoffs back on the right track.

Other urls found in this thread:

yugiohtopdecks.com/decks/Yang Zing
ygorganization.com/jump-festa-2017-latest-information-stage/
touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60411338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ARCV girls were meh
Bring back Zexal-tier girls please

He'd fucking better. I'm just hoping we get some new blood for the director. We can keep Kamishiro as the writer, although for the love of god get this fucker some tutoring on how to make the game and narrative blend.

I want to to chew and blow bubbles with his hair.

I can't believe they able to come up with hair style even crazier than Yuma.

So the new summon is Delta Summoning? Is it another Extra Deck method? Isn't it already crammed now?

It isn't cramped enough.

>Really excited for the next pack.
I mean, it will be exciting to see what new crazy gimmick(s) they'll pull out of their ass.

But I am not really that excited. As far as playability is concerned, the first pack(s) of each new series is usually trash. Before the new gimmicks can settle in and the new themes of the archetypes to really stand up properly.

Meanwhile in comparison, the last pack/chapter of each previous era is usually far, far more competent. Until the new series inevitably shits all over it at the very least.

Duelist Alliance was actually good though

Fuck can Arc V just end already? I really want to see what this is all about.

Why would you make him stay when he obviously would rather be writing something else?

Sure user, find some way to cryosleep until April

3 more months of suffering.

I think I'm warming up to his frutti tutti berry bubblegum hair

Kamishiro hates duels. We need to let him go.

Kamishiro's actually not that bad of a writer, he just doesn't like writing duels into character arcs.

In a perfect world, we'd have a writer who could flawlessly transition between regular events and writing in a duel, with the Duel Writer and the Main Writer being the same person, but we've yet to find anyone so perfect.

>the first pack(s) of each new series is usually trash.

Duelist Alliance was amazing
Generation Force had Wind-Up
Duelist Genesis introduced good cards that defined the meta

>age Yugo up 2 years and change his hair
>call it the new MC
Why is this allowed?

TCG exclusives don't count. They're always flukes and also have little to no relation to the trends of the rest of the packs of the shows.

It had Satellarknights though. And the core Shaddoll cards even if it was lacking El Shaddoll fusion and the cards that made them really good.

The rest of the set, as in the vast, vast majority of it. Was completely unplayable garbage the likes of which the game hadn't seen in a long while.
The first packs usually are filled with crap and ideas that either just never pan out, or are never realized either way.

Glad to see that out paranoia about DM Super was wrong.

What does this series need to do so that people keep discussing it unlike Zexal which barely had any threads?

The remaster isn't even close to finish yet, right?

Tits.

1. subs that come out quickly
Really the only thing that matters for Sup Forums.

Also, if they threads die out to being weekly or so, I wouldn't complain.

start promising then shit the bed really hard

>Kamishiro
fuck outta here, Kamishiro and Ono need to go

Doesn't really matter. DM is going to stick around now after how successful 2016 was for it. We'll probably continue to get more legacy support in the new packs, they'll keep shilling Duel Links and I'm sure the new protagonist will get a few cover shots with Atem. DM merchandise will continue to overshadow all the other merch.

I find it interesting that we don't know what this series is actually called yet.

>actually not that bad of a writer
Even the best will struggle if they don't like their job, or even resent it. So, why bother making him stay?

Yugioh Tron: Uprising
Yugioh Air Gear
Yugioh Fast and Furious
Yugioh Need for Speed
Yugioh IGPX

Just so you all know, the next Starter Deck has 43 cards, that means there are 3 Extra Deck cards. Whether or not it's a new mechanic is another story.

Most packs are filled with trash and no one is talking about TCG exclusives
Duelist Genesis introduced the Tele aspect of TeleDAD. The Psychic cards were good for a while in early 5Ds as was Stardust, Red Daemon, Goyo, Book of Eclipse and Kinka

Generation Force had Windups, Goblindberg, Levia, Leviair, Tiras and Blue-Blooded Oni

Alliance was nuts and had Satellarknights, Shaddolls. Performapals and Yang Zing

You don't know what you're talking about.

Tomioka did a fantastic job in early 5Ds before he left. He and Hikokubo seemed to be on the same wavelength of balancing the story and duel writing. Same goes for Kaz who has perfected the art of using duels as a means of enhancing the narrative. Although, I doubt Kaz would actually write for the new series, but if we could get Tomioka back or someone who understands the essence of dueling in YGO well, then that's good enough. Someone like Kamishiro who dislikes dueling simply won't be able to write consistently enough.

>dat hair

He must be Yuri and Serena's lost love child

>Sir, all the children in our focus groups are complaining that the game is too complicated for them to understand! What do we do?
>Hmm, was it the fourth new summoning method that tipped them over the edge? Or maybe the third?
>Sir, at this rate our sales will suffer! How do we fix the situation?
>That's easy, we'll just tell the kids to try harder! It's not our fault our game is too fucking convoluted at this point, kids these days just don't put enough effort into learning all the rules! I know, why don't we make that the core message of our new 30 minute TV ad? I'm sure it'll turn out great!
Konami please.

not even close, fucking fusionfags

It probably will be a new mechanic. The protagonist has never played YGO before so he's the self insert for kids new to the game. I doubt we're getting all the summoning methods again.

DUEA was shit for the new mechanic and only good for old mechanics. There wasn't a single non-EM pendulum in the set.

Pendulum didn't hit its stride in the main packs until fucking CORE, which was about a year in. NECH has Qliphorts but that was about it.

>Performapals and Yang Zing
Complete and utter trash. Performapals basically unplayable until Sorcerer and Monkeyboard hit, like halfway into the show.
And Yang Zings didn't really even become pet level until Metalfoes, and even then the Yang Zings just drag the Metalfoes down.
Shaddolls weren't great until the second set.

>VR
Why the fuck would anyone use VR if you already have holograms so advanced that they have mass?

t. ZeXal Writers in the early days

Yeah, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Yang Zing have been topping for years. Long before Metalfoes. Early Shaddolls were still topping before the second set.

Action Fields were hands down the best thing from Arc-V.

And not only did Arc-V completely discard the idea. The new show will too?
Fuck.

>Yang Zing have been topping for years.

That was especially non-sensical, how the fuck is a scouter on ONE eye going to let you see 3D?
Not to mention, they treated the VR as if it was solid vision anyway, what with duelists being blown away when getting hit by non-existant attacks.

Most of the problems of AV come from the fact that Kamishiro can't write for shit, he needs to fire in a die.

Action cards were a mistake

I don't think the idea has been completely abandoned. Duels in this series involve moving in a VR setting, odds are said VR worlds will pretty much be action fields.

yugiohtopdecks.com/decks/Yang Zing

That's just what this site has.

It depends I guess. If it's basically riding duels (but on easier to draw hoverboards), I don't see a lot of reason why it would be discarded.

I didn't mind Action Fields, but disliked Action Cards. The way they work makes very little sense and it basically just became a crutch for the character to do stuff even if they have no cards.

What's the official title?

>tfw looking forward to part 2 of the special stage event rather than Zarc revival

I never cared about Zarc. Even Yuri is better

I'd rather they stand still and activate a situational trap card than wasting 5 minutes on a dumb chase sequence so that they can grab Evasion.

Action duel is garbage and I'm glad it's gone.

You don't need action cards for action fields though.
The manga for instance makes terrific use of action fields even without action cards.

We don't know, for some reason they haven't revealed it. Even the next Starter Deck is hiding what this show is called.

I just woke up. Can anyone recap, please?

>He likes situational bullshit cards in the maindeck.
No, fuck you. I swear, it's like some of you never watched DM, or blanked out every stupid card besides BERSERKER SOUL.

Action Cards saved the fucking duel writing in this show. The only problems they had were that they're stupid predictable and they're only grabbed when they're needed.

Agreed, the Manga system for Action Fields was a lot better. There was a set number of Action Cards, and you could only try and grab them once per turn.

Notice that I explicitly said Action Fields, not action duels.

I mean for fucks sake, Arc-V even dropped Action Fields without dropping Action Duels. The absolutely worst thing they could have done.

>6th Yu-Gi-Oh! Series will air in April 2017 featuring “藤木遊作” Fujiki Yuusaku (or Yusaku for those using the more normal naming conventions. He’s a student in High School.
>Duels this time around will be held on Skateboard-esque devices using a Virtual Reality style system.
>The show’s theme is “一歩を踏み出し、トライしよう!” (Take a step forward, and try!), on the premise of kids should try things out instead of giving up at the first try due to being overwhelmed by information.
>Yusaku is a boy who doesn’t like standing out, and particularly doesn’t stand out at school. However, he gets drawn into encounters with people as he tries out Dueling for once.

ygorganization.com/jump-festa-2017-latest-information-stage/

>I will use this action card to negate the attack
>I will use this action card to make you still take damage
They are just so pointless

No announcement on that yet. And I hope it's not another Extra Deck method, 3 types is enough. Unless they decide to move Rituals there and give them a bigger focus, that'd be kind of neat I guess. I really hope it's not something too game changing this time around, they should focus on making more stuff viable instead of just Xyz after the big shake up that was Pendulum. They can introduce whatever other fucking retarded Extra Deck ideas they want later.

It saved some pack space, but that was the only thing it accomplished. Jumping for random cards that conveniently do the exact thing needed to save the duel is just as shit duel writing, just a different flavor of shit.

>skateboard

That's a downgrade from bike. Dueling on mechas when?

>on the premise of kids should try things out instead of giving up at the first try due to being overwhelmed by information.
Haha holy fuck, I thought was joking. They're literally telling these kids to try harder to understand their complex game that even adults have trouble understanding.

>on the premise of kids should try things out instead of giving up at the first try due to being overwhelmed by information
Zexal level of retarded duels confirmed

Pack it up boys

>Duels this time around will be held on Skateboard-esque devices using a Virtual Reality style system.
Huh. Guess it's not DM Super but 5D's Super. Can't say I was expecting that.

FIELD MAHOU CROSSOVER

Synchro arc was 5Ds super. This is more of a mix of Zexal and 5Ds themes.

Why is that stupid? Seems like a perfectly reasonable theme to me.

>yfw Konami introduces something that powercreeps Xyz

>doesn’t stand out at school
If he doesn't stand out, just imagine what everyone else's hair must be like.

Impossible

>The show’s theme is “一歩を踏み出し、トライしよう!” (Take a step forward, and try!), on the premise of kids should try things out instead of giving up at the first try due to being overwhelmed by information.

That's actually a very appropriate and fitting theme considering all the mechanics the game has now compared to back then, as well as more and more cards having entire paragraphs for effects.

AWW MAN I SURE DO HOPE WE HAVE EVERY DUEL GET INTERRUPTED CONSTANTLY IN THIS SERIES TOO.

ITS NOT A DUEL IF SOME RETARD DOESN'T SHOW UP AND NEGATE AN ATTACK, TAKE 2000 LIFE POINT PENALTY, THEN DIE 5 MINUTES LATER.

Arc-V continues to be a mistake

I really hope that any kind of 3+ player duel isn't trash like it is in Arc-V. Even Zexal I think had a better track record in that narrow category.

>Synchro? Xyz? Pendulum?
>Did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?
>That card has HOW many effects?
>You mean you can use trap card in the graveyard too?
>What do you mean it can't be targeted?
>And because of that effect I can't summon anything myself?

In before the anime goes back to just shilling a single damn mechanic/card type.

That would be dull as fuck.

I wonder why.
What could possibly be in the title that's actually worth hiding?

Wonder if we'll get a simulcast

I really doubt that considering the theme like other people have been discussing.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation Zexal 6D-V.

Arc-V has had more multi-pronged duels than any other series in the franchise, but balanced it out by making most of the intrusions either pointless or immediately game-ending.

I hope we keep intrusions, but I hope they actually are relevant mechanically. Edo and Kaito's intrusion on Yugo's duel was probably the exact point where they had officially gone way too far.

So what should we expect from the Female lead? Yusaku seems to be like a shy kid, so I expect her to be more assertive and outspoken to contrast, more like Yuzu or Asuka and less like Kotori.
Whether or not she'd actually get to do anything important is another story.

Any lewds of Yusaku,yet?

Or they decide there are enough mechanics and stick to what's already there.

One can dream

He looks like a gay electric razor.

She'll be the hottest girl at school who is coincidentally also into Duel Monsters and is very assertive. Yusaku will try dueling for once and win by a fluke, then she'll come up and ask if he was just playing Duel Monsters and he'll get embarassed and say no, to which she'll be disappointed and say that she's really into it and leave. Yusaku laments his lie and decides that he's going to become a Duel Monsters champion all for the sake of crushing her puss.

Kotori was assertive in that she wanted Yuma's D, she just stopped short of actually trying to get it herself.

All I'm hoping for is that the female lead doesn't jerk my chain.

Sounds terrible. Keep it to fanfiction.net

>Not a hyper moronic kid lead

I'm hyped already. No, I'm not bothered by card games on hoverboards, remember 5D's?

If they don't plan on doing much with the female lead or can't be bothered to care, they shouldn't put up false pretenses and just make her something like the mascot animal at the most.

I know I say this every series, but how does that hair even work

That's where I unironically legitimately got it.

>remember 5D's?
No, literally no one here remembers 5D's you faggot

>implying ygo girls should be anything more than eyecandy

We already have a series where the protagonist is driven by a desire to smash that puss like a mf like button. It's called ARC-V and it blew up in our faces.

>people really wanted femc
Here
>touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60411338
Buy them then scan it and translate