>6+ years later
>Still nothing that's topped this

Has Japan given up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tmr6VSOW4zU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ping Pong.
Uchouten.

A lot of anime has already topped The Tatami Galaxy. Stop trying to deny it.

Or is this just a thinly veiled rec thread?

Decent but you can't seriously they they were better.

QUALITY thread, OP.

These came close, especially Ping Pong. I'd say Rakugo is another great Anime that's in a similar vain to those.

Hyouka

>Implying this has topped anything

Flip flap

This show was pretty shit.

The new Yuasa will top it.
Mark my words.

this

I couldn't even endure 2 minutes of episode 1. Just saying pretentious nonsense really fast with weird camera angles isn't enough to duplicate monogatari, sorry.

Ping Pong clearly was.

>to duplicate monogatari
Why would anyone want to duplicate that?
Your view must be really warped if you think anything Yuasa is doing is close to anything SHAFT has ever done.

Doesn't really matter if the source material is so similar.

>2 minutes
You have no opinion. Fuck off.

>he didn't watch Re:Zero

newfag detected

This is bait.

But is it so similar?
You'd have to produce some really strong arguments to convince me Morimi is similar to Nisio.

All the obnoxious memesters flocking to the series didn't exactly help get into it either.

Yuasa is not a true master like Takahata

You don't know what you're talking about. TG reads like an actual novel where Monogatari, although it has its good moments, feels like it was written for filthy otaku right from the start.

If you have to base your opinion on a piece of work by including the fanbase then you're not of this place, go fix your life. If the people who like this are "obnoxious memesters", then you're the hipster that doesn't like liking popular things.

Which is completely fine with me, because the thought of being associated with a spineless fucker like you makes me sick.

SZS is like this show but better and actually funny

Kek, you are a textbook f/a/ggot

I think Wind Rises and Kaguya-hime are pretty handily the best of the decade so far. Tatami Galaxy is great though, I think one of the best TV anime. It's almost a given that Yuasa's new work will be as good / will top it; he's been getting better and better as a director, has good (probably) material to work with, and did it all himself at his own studio. Really exciting.

Did I say my dislike for the series was exclusively because of Sup Forums? No, I didn't. But you're a dumb, illiterate kid with the attention span of a stoned hamster, who has no other content in his life than insulting those don't like what he likes, so I understand why you'd overreact like that in your inane effort to defend this garbage.

>This is the last anime I personally appreciated so it must be objectively better than anything that followed.
>I'll start a bait thread where I'll proceed to call idiot anyone who disagrees and ridiculing any title that they'll bring on the table.

My man you watched two minutes of a show then turned it off cause the weird camera angles weren't as good as Monogatari, you have the audacity to criticize someone else's attention span?

Wait for this and make your shit thread again.

>says the faggot who never read Nisio's works in it's original language

But what about SnK and One Punch Man?

My sensei at anime club, who has watched at least 20 different anime, says those are the best he's seen in his 3+ years of being a diehard otaku.

>kid
There we go, fuck off back to whatever hole you came from. Take your cretinism with you as well.

>>Uchouten
Pretty much the definition of overrated averageness.

I love shitposting too

So people saying that TG is pretentious have only watched 2 minutes of it? That explains a lot.

My dude, you're strawmanning so hard, my opinion of this show's fans at least isn't improving. And t.b.h what can you expect of a show that clearly ticks all the right boxes with the wrong kind of audience?

I read both volumes of Bake & Nise and Kizu in moon before I got sick of it.

Re:Zero

>he hasn't seen Inferno Cop

Please get out of Sup Forums and learn what a strawman is.

Your life is a fucking joke, lmao.

Uchouten is no TTG but it's still one of the 10 best TV anime of the decade, don't be retarded.

Not a strawman, not even an argument. Literally just an observation.

Perhaps. Standards this decade aren't all that high, though.

Doesn't mean much when it's this decade.

That's absolutely untrue.
It's just circlejerked about because of its unique and great visuals, the actual show is average at best.

It has good visuals (not on par with TTG of course) and writing as good or better than TTG. It's a great show.

The visuals aren't the main appeal of the show.

I certainly can't name ten better shows. And you even admit it has great visuals, yet they're somehow apart from the "actual show"?

Average shows with good visuals frequently get circlejerked around here for some reason.
Just look at Flip Flappers.

The difference being that FliFla has nothing but the visuals going on for it.

This 100%. You could argue Rakugo is better than it already.

It's shit

The visuals alone don't make an entire show.
The plot was nonsensical, although I'll admit the frog brother plotline was great. But everything surrounding Benten? Horseshit.

You being unable to follow a straightforward plot with multilayered characters don't make the show nonsensical, sorry.

Flip Flappers had a shot at being better, but it threw it away. It got popular before we knew how bad it'd get.

I don't think you could argue that.

>but it threw it away.
when?

Rakugo is an average josei melodrama with rather generic characters and only the rakugo scenes and above average direction making it stand out, it's not better by any stretch of the imagination.

>But everything surrounding Benten? Horseshit.
What a pleb. Benten is the best part.

In my opinion it sorta piddled away its chances as it went on without doing anything, but the past two episodes if you wanna stick a flag in the dirt and say "this is where it went to shit."

>great visuals
it looks like generic shit with a low budget.
Ping Pong was a lot better.

That she is.

>it looks like generic shit with a low budget.
Why would you spout blatantly wrong shit like this?
And Ping Pong doesn't even come close to the visual creativity of TTG, it's a rather straightforward manga adaption.

This. Anyone saying otherwise is a hipster contrarian.

Is Rakugo actually good or is this just Sup Forums's hard-on for josei series talking?

It's worth watching. It not great or anything, but it's absolutely better than most.

the main downfall is the girl is such a dumb whore she ruins the show.

This:
Surely doesn't look like generic ms paint drawn anime.
And those aren't totally visual kei tier character designs with the same cheap looking visuals all around.

Also besides "visual creativity" which is a quality you just invented and judged by yourself, ping pong is a much more solid plot with better characters that touches on a lot more themes with a lot more depth.

But user, you see it's a manga adaptation and that means it's not actually good, and you should just read the manga instead.

trash. nichijou is where its at.

that anime was so shit stop living in denial

I think and hope you're just caricaturing the average Sup Forums memester.

This post is such a mess, I can't understand what you want to say.

Don't bully Paku-san he tried his best.

In the last part I was back to comparing ping pong to ttg.

>there has never been a more unlikeable mc
i agree

>duplicating monogatrash
Why would anyone want to do that?

Rakugo is melodrama garbage. If that's your cup of tea you'll like it, if it's not you won't. It's a typical josei-type drama. Characters with stunted emotional and romantic growth, homolust, NTR, etc.

This desu. The family was great but Benten's opportunistic moments were great. This in tow with the MC's interaction with her.

I'm glad to see this opinion. Man, Rakugo's fanbase at its peak was horrendous. At least ping pong, or TG fans only joke about masterpieces.

No, not really. Its very boring if you arent japanese and familiar with the type of stage comedy they are doing. Also the long paragraphs of dialogue during an act are very boring if you dont understand japanese. Dropped that 6 episodes in.

Is that a movie?

You think I'm joking when I describe Yuasa's shows as masterpieces?

yea

youtube.com/watch?v=tmr6VSOW4zU

so will watching it and pretend to like it make me more japanese?

No, it will make you weaboo.

I dunno what he's talking about, you really don't need any knowledge of Japanese for it.

Just watch Hyouge Mono if you want to weab it up. You won't be hassled by mundane drama.

It's anime of the decade senpai. Get better taste

my taste is legendary

I was crying like a bitch when I watched Kaguya. That was a true masterpiece.

Wow, you must be a homosexual.

I cried too because of how bad it was.

KyoAnus shitters pls go

Now that's the anime nobody ever talks about. I think Hyouge Mono and Rakugo are as good as Tatami Galaxy.