CNN: Ban the term 'fake news'

>Research by the Columbia Journalism Review shows that people in three other countries increasingly believe that the "mainstream" media peddle fabricated stories.

cnn.com/2017/11/26/opinions/fake-news-and-disinformation-opinion-wardle-derakhshan/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

unvis.it/cnn.com/2017/11/26/opinions/fake-news-and-disinformation-opinion-wardle-derakhshan/index.html
youtu.be/aI2AIu9oBJg
youtube.com/watch?v=0x8gtNtf1wY
youtube.com/watch?v=WYnV5r_qfaU
youtu.be/4esoN9FsGFw
youtu.be/JlGZxJTZAK0
youtu.be/-thKwe80XT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let's archive that
unvis.it/cnn.com/2017/11/26/opinions/fake-news-and-disinformation-opinion-wardle-derakhshan/index.html

Thank you Norway Bro.

youtu.be/aI2AIu9oBJg

don't bring down the weekly world news like that you pinhead, at least their shit was entertaining.

The people's hero.

It is fake news, that was even reported on CNN

youtube.com/watch?v=0x8gtNtf1wY

I've known that the mainstream media distorts, selectively covers, misrepresents facts and sometimes outright lies in service to a narrative since the 80's.

>t. gun rights advocate

I have the list of all antifa in my area and one day i will kill them all

The term “fake news” is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. The leftist fake news media invented the term to discredit legitimate, right wing Real News sites like breitbart and infowars, but it didn’t work. Instead, it got turned around on them and now they don’t like that. Now it describes the left wing media so of course they’re trying to (((ban))) it

All they have to do is go back through the last 24 months of stories and name the anonymoose sources. People can then test the reliability of the source. Kind of how journalism is supposed to work.

jesus how are you so fast.

This is one of Trump's greatest victories to date. MSM will never recover, they hit their high water mark in Obama's first term and now I even hear normies at work giggling about fake news stories. Broadcast news is fucking done

could we get a dump of cnn/fake news images/infographics?

10/10

Oh yeah, they’re definitely finished. When trump responded to a (((CNN))) reporter with “you are fake news!” That was one of the greatest moments of television history.

ty

Cunts & Niggers Network

Who watches cnn anyways. Bourdain is the only thing worth watching and he is center right libertarian

>The leftist fake news media invented the term to discredit legitimate, right wing Real News sites like breitbart and infowars, but it didn’t work.
They created a while back but didn't start using it until pizzag*te came around and were desperate too discredit it. Go to Google trends and compare pg8 to fake news and you'll see the correlation

This. News magazines are already going the way of the dinosaur, their remaining subscribers are boomers and a few dentists' offices that don't offer wifi, soon the networks will fall too.

It's a real shame. An unbiased, truthful press is one of the cornerstones of a functioning Republic, but they've been Lugenpresse for so long they're beyond recovery.

Does this mean it's comforting lies and conspiracies for everyone from their favorite blogs from here on out? I'm not sure that's good either.

Well yeah, of course the leftist (((media))) would want to discredit pizzagate. A lot of them were probably enjoying some Cheese Pizza, as most leftists love to do

Yeah the whole thing is hysterical honestly, hard to tell if it was really a 4D chess move on Trump's part or it just happen to work out like that

I was worried youd died

How ballsy, these kikes pretend it wasn't them the ones who started the "fake news" meme in the first place.

>coin term 'fake news' to say trump won using fake articles, when really it's a ploy to label opposing media sites despite their level of realism as fake
>get it turned around unto you
>tell people it's the new 'nigger' for journalists
>claim trump is the real one who coined it
>want to ban it and get rid of it entirely
>tfw your psy-op backfires

> Legitimate real news sites like breitbart and infowars

I get Infowars, but why do people scoff at Breitbart? They're clearly biased sure, but I haven't seen any proof of them posting stories or claims that are simply not true or anything.

norg bot lives!!!

This, the term orig in the mainstream as an attempt to stump Trump, he easily turned it around against them and now they want to banish the term to hide their shame

You know how effective a weapon it is, by the way that mainstream media totally flips their shit every time they’re accused of it!

> believe
you don't believe what you know to be fact, you just know the facts

they did the same with the birther movement. hillary made it a part of her campaign, Trump just played off it. MSM: Trump started birthism

>that day trump baited CNN into thinking he had an announcement about the 'birther' claims then he carts out military veterans to shill for him for a solid half-hour before stating the birther movement was started by hillary and is nonsense
>mfw CNN straight up said 'we got played'

CNN is ISIS

youtube.com/watch?v=WYnV5r_qfaU

>dat pic
Somebody edit that "American does [absolutelly anything]", so it would be with Trump and CNN.

That was one of the best moments of the campaign.

It's not a question of belief. It is a FACT that mainstream media peddles fabricated or otherwise wildly misleading stories.

That was only followed up when Trump baited the press into assembling for him again after winning the election under the pretense that they would be able to have a discussion on white house press conferences and procedure...
Only for Trump to tell them all, collected in one place, what horrible human beings they were and that they were a filthy pack of liars to their face.

I fucking lost it when that went down. Although Trump inviting Bill's flings to glare at him during the debate was fucking epic too.

>Here, the waters are waist high
Oy vey

Maybe he's just a manlet?

hero

>tfw they now want to ban their own invented term
Is this what total victory feels like?

Gee I wonder why the fuck would anyone believe that?

I'm pretty sure cnn came up with the term fake news.

Can I have some backstory on this? I remember hearing about CNN tracking down somebody, but this image is just not enough.

Trump tweeted this gif which was made by redditor. CNN contacted reddit and got personal information for this gif maker. They forced him to apologize or CNN would release his personal information. This spawned full shitstorm and people started making CNN-memes even more. Whole thing backfired hard. 8ch had many CNN doxx threads in retaliation.

Didn't (((they))) also find and pick on the wrong person?

Fake news is Doublespeak.

Poor lad.
It would've been depressing if that was all; good thing people got angry.

People spread rumors that CNN doxxed 15y old.

The meme that red pilled millions.

>infowars
>legitimate
opinion discarded

THIS

desu the tabloids are better news than mainstream media is

Oh boy, I get to use this meme!

Replace antifa with Jewish families and you have me.

>legitimate, right wing Real News sites like breitbart and infowars
zozzle

Wouldfabricated lies sound better?
agenda narrative?
im particularly fond of
Further proof the MSM is a PsyOp
youtu.be/4esoN9FsGFw
youtu.be/JlGZxJTZAK0
>links related.

It wouldn't have been turned on them so easily if they were legitimate sources of news, but they're so fucking biased in their reporting, and constantly report half-truths or even fucking lies with question marks attached, that nothing else by comparison even comes close to the level of "fake news" that the mainstream media does.

The thing with infowars and sites like it, is that everyone knows it's bullshit. Nobody worries that the infowars article they're reading might not be true.

But CNN? MSNBC? There's an expectation of the truth and all you actually get is fake news.
THAT is why it flipped on them so fast and so hard.

youtu.be/-thKwe80XT4
Whoops, forgot one.

My last post.

It gives me so much pleasure to dump CNN-memes specially after that doxx-episode. CNN tried to stop memes by doxxing and blackmailing redditor but instead people started to make even more memes and CNN staff got doxxed hard by 8ch. Such karma.