Bakuman

What does Sup Forums think of Bakuman?

Decent story about being a manga artist, but one of the shittiest attempt at love story I've ever read.

i kinda hated the love story between MC and feMC . i mean why would you wait until you achieve your dream to date her if you love her . shit doesn't make sense but it was decent as whole .7/10 i guess

Some arcs are godly while some are terrible, so it's better as a binge read than when it was coming out.

Funny how they managed to make a grueling, soul crushing industry look like a fun shounen. Almost makes you want to be an artist until you realize it's not fun in reality

The ending felt a bit sudden, but it was fine. Hiramaru's had some fun arcs, and Eiji had some solid moments too.

White dog boy and the arc around him was boring. Nakai a fat loser.

It didn't look fun at all to me. The mangaka literally dying of stress? Not being able to go to parties because they need to work? MC being hospitalized? The bank robbery shit? The fat guy in general?

It was just as dark as Death Note.

The love story aspect was pretty garbage, it ended up running way longer than it should have and then it ended pretty abruptly.

Overall it was probably 7/10. At least it had some neat stuff about the manga industry.

It's weird to me how Hiramaru and Aoki were 2 of the best characters, but when they started dating they had absolutely ZERO chemistry and it was hard to root for them at all.

Forgettable.

Manga was pretty good for most of it, although Obata's art got noticably worse (or maybe lazier would be a better term) the further on the series went. Anime was way, way too boring, as expected.

Otters 11 was the only in-series manga I would have read, everything else seemed pretty average or shit.

Boring ass manga and the romance was trash

>Hattori will never be your editor
why live

It was alright, a bit too far up its own ass though.

Reminder that nips actually believe this.

The anime was really sexist

I think Obata was deliberately going for a more expressive, cartoonish style. The early chapters with Death Note style art look so stiff

I liked the 2015 movie

it's soundtrack was great

It's just weird. Here in the West, if a girl pretends to be retarded and gets lower grades on purpose just to be seen as cute by guys, that is not seen as something that indicates that you're smart or worthy of praise.

Literally every fat guy in this manga is creepy, incompetent, and/or evil.

Realistic, isn't it?

Cry more.

I liked the in-series manga. For me it was the driving force of the entertainment. I will give you points on the fact that the Otter manga is the only one I can remember after years without reading it.

I think it's less about Japan and more Ohba himself who holds these views.

Watched the first season, dropping it when they forced the most poorly thought-out and naive romance I had ever seen. Haven't read the manga, but I can't imagine it's any better.

The romance isn't the point, it's just an excuse for the protagonist to get off his ass and start drawing manga

>although Obata's art got noticably worse (or maybe lazier would be a better term)
I'll second that, it's one of the few things that pissed me off about the series, other than the annoying romance between the MC and MCcrush.

But he was drawing well before the romance played a factor in his work.

I was more interested in the Kaya x Akito romance because it seemed so likely and normal.

yeah, but then the shit just ended when they finally got together because reasons I guess?

Kaya has absolutely no depth besides wanting Akito to succeed though. She's a total non-character

Don't you want a cute, big breasted, angry drunk to support you and help you realize your dreams. She may not be a deep character but I wouldn't call her a total non-character.

Autists read and watch a series about autists who want to make autist trap comics for animu?

Shit son

>. i mean why would you wait until you achieve your dream to date her if you love her
is that really so strange? I've made a rule for myself to not have sex until I don't accomplish my current 5 years goal

>men have dreams that women can't understand
>there are female mangaka even in this very series
Sasuga Ohba.

>until I don't accomplish my current 5 year goal
Even if you didn't mean to add "don't", that's still weird, user.

fuck me, I always forget to put *don't* and *not* and it changes the meaning 180*, now even the other way around?

Ohba kind of shits all over said female mangakas though. Aoki is treated like a self-centered bitch that writes like a shojo and needs to be taught by the men how to do real Shonen with panty-shots. And then there's Iwase, who dares be a woman with ambition that's proud of herself...

autist reads and and comments on a board of autists made for autists by an autist. Dare I say, moderated by autists too?

Just binge read the whole thing last week after I realized I never finished it.
To be honest, the pacing is pretty poor and bringing back the classroom of judgement guy a second time as an antagonist was redundant.
Aoki also stops being a character in the last 30 or so chapters and the true human kid just kind of disappears, which is a shame because I really liked them.
Hiramaru and Aoki severely needed some more focus chapters because as much as I liked the idea of them together, it felt like it was lacking development especially on Aoki's side.
Also, fuck Nakai.

One of my faves if it weren't for the romance. Can't belive they are so many well written, creative , clever and well done parts, and then this generic love story (or several) get's in the way. Was it editor's meddling...