Nathan Flores

More like flip flopped

Dominic King
Dominic King

*flappers
autocorrect must've messed up your post, shitty phoneposter

Justin Nguyen
Justin Nguyen

What? Were the DVDs/BRs already released and they sold poorly?

Hunter Nelson
Hunter Nelson

I want that coconout to have hot and cuddly sex with her partner.

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

What was her problem?

Gabriel Ward
Gabriel Ward

ywn have someone like papika to love you no matter what and go on adventures with

Just kill me now

Lucas Price
Lucas Price

she was busy writing "do a flip faggot"

Cameron Smith
Cameron Smith

They don't need to be released to know it's going to flop

Asher Brooks
Asher Brooks

Hoping for a better ending than Izetta.

Nolan Barnes
Nolan Barnes

strawpoll.me/11897747

Jace Jones
Jace Jones

strawpoll.me/11897747
Wrong question. If Papika stays in PI forever, does she die or not?

Parker Morris
Parker Morris

So guys, I unfortunately figured out how they are going to make the ending bittersweet.

start of episode 1
cocona has no idea about what to write about when the topic is "where do you want to go one day (but can't go right now)"
end of episode 13, the paper is finally due, she turns in an essay about wanting to go to PI so she can be with Papika again.

Samuel Butler
Samuel Butler

Nyunyu is the key to all of this

Josiah Hughes
Josiah Hughes

Cockona

Levi Morgan
Levi Morgan

I don't even know this kid

Owen White
Owen White

I HAET YOU

Eli Miller
Eli Miller

SHE HATES US

Jacob Thomas
Jacob Thomas

Nyunyu is the key to my dick.

Lucas King
Lucas King

I want to make yayaka a happy bride!

Alexander Adams
Alexander Adams

ENTER THE VAGINA COCONA

Oliver Peterson
Oliver Peterson

Go for it, Sayuri!

Camden Young
Camden Young

Reminder there is a chance this might have happened.

Carter King
Carter King

I will be honest I hated her till I read the article on thomasson. Now i have such a strange appreciation for her. To be both deliberate and without a purpose.

Matthew Myers
Matthew Myers

She didn't have to stick her face in there

Gavin Hill
Gavin Hill

but babby doesn't formed in anus

Chase Carter
Chase Carter

She saw her chance and she took it.

Gavin Morris
Gavin Morris

At the same time, the damage has already been done. I waited and waited for Flip Flappers to finally show its hand and commit to its strongest ideas, only to be supplanted by a conclusion that feels like a different show entirely, mandated by a faithless or scrambling production committee. At best, the last two episodes will have to be damage control for a largely failed story with some beautiful imagery and a tragic amount of promise.

Rating: C+

Is he right?

Juan Nelson
Juan Nelson

How can she be so adorable, with such limited on-screen time?

Benjamin Ward
Benjamin Ward

I want to give Nyunyu a buttbaby.

Dylan Collins
Dylan Collins

Don't jump the gun, she might actually do something. She's got two episodes to work with.

Julian Wright
Julian Wright

Not this shit again

Jaxon Fisher
Jaxon Fisher

Fuck off already.

Alexander Sullivan
Alexander Sullivan

Now you're baiting already. We had enough about it in the last thread.

Samuel Evans
Samuel Evans

DAI KIRAI

Brayden Baker
Brayden Baker

YAMERO

Andrew Ramirez
Andrew Ramirez

I wasn't sure it was possible to create a character as cliched as Nyunyu, but those crazy bastards actually did it.

Liam Nelson
Liam Nelson

he/she/xir/it/insert favorite pronoun

is an idiot, he wants magic girls learn to be lesbians in oppressive america where people make fun of homo. Not story about a girl learning to grow up while dealing with her first puppy love.

You shouldn't let your own expectations get in the way of a good story

Aiden Lewis
Aiden Lewis

This really wasn't necessary. Japanese culture is truly corrupted to normalize the sexualizing of 8 year old girls.

James Price
James Price

a determined Papika ready to grab her waifu
a determined Yayaka ready to save her only friend and forcefeed her the pup

Can anyone stop them?

Luke Rodriguez
Luke Rodriguez

Chapman was one of the idiots continually whining about WHERE THE PLOT AT THO, his tears are fucking delicious.

Samuel Ross
Samuel Ross

If she actually does something I would be disappointed. The setup as some key part of the KKK plan and then just to leave her around as a useless girl was brilliant

Henry Brooks
Henry Brooks

Fuck off.

Elijah Anderson
Elijah Anderson

Is this still yuri?

Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson

Anime isn't real life.

Ayden Hill
Ayden Hill

pffft

William Sullivan
William Sullivan

In the end, Cocona must save herself. If she doesn't do anything in the final battle all that character growth will amount to nothing.

Ryan Nguyen
Ryan Nguyen

Of course, getting out of Mimi's grasp is ultimately Cocona's decision

Matthew Campbell
Matthew Campbell

This is true.

Ethan Brooks
Ethan Brooks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperart_Thomasson
Read it user, she goes from cliche to awesome

Isaac Gonzalez
Isaac Gonzalez

DELET

Luke Williams
Luke Williams

Have the fixed version then.

Luis King
Luis King

Now this is halal

Elijah Davis
Elijah Davis

Reminder that Chekhov gave Nyunyu the gun

Isaiah Reyes
Isaiah Reyes

Mobilefag, but if death of the author user is still around I was talking about how I dislike it's misuse in general more than how it shows up in anime, particularly yuri

Christian Kelly
Christian Kelly

I meant more of a purely visual design cliche.
And moving from one trope to another trope is hardly awesome.

Nathan Reed
Nathan Reed

Chekhov gave Nyunyu the gun
the purpose of which is to be a Thomasson.

William Watson
William Watson

After watching it, I think the premise would make a really interessing game. Think about it:
you create a character and go to procedurally generated online worlds alone or with friends
each world has an item that you must find for some reason
there're defense mechanisms attempting to stop you from getting the item
other people can log in the world you are in to try to get the item before you and your friends, pvp is fully unrestricted
if you die, you are not allowed in said world anymore
the monsters and defense mechanisms get progressively harder the longer you stay in a world and also according to how many people are online
Would a game like this flip flap or flop?

James Rivera
James Rivera

this is canon now

Benjamin Ward
Benjamin Ward

A Thomasson has no purpose.

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

what you're describing is every roguelike ever

Hunter Cook
Hunter Cook

That actually looks a lot better, though.

Ryder Watson
Ryder Watson

What did they mean by this?

Liam Stewart
Liam Stewart

to have no purpose is its purpose

Grayson Smith
Grayson Smith

So what you're saying is that you're a faggot

Nicholas Bennett
Nicholas Bennett

And moving from one trope to another trope is hardly awesome.

I would argue it is, specifically in relation to what said.

The very idea of deliberately putting something into a story to serve no purpose is not something I see a lot in media.

Juan Davis
Juan Davis

But online and in open areas!

Brandon Russell
Brandon Russell

lol, that butthurt. Its funny reading his reviews of earlier episodes, and then reading this one. He is honestly complaining about the same sort of stuff he praised previously.

Luis Ramirez
Luis Ramirez

If not being attracted to loli in fanservice fapbait means I'm a faggot, then yes, I am a faggot.

Caleb Bennett
Caleb Bennett

Would you want Mimi to be your mother?

Daniel Gutierrez
Daniel Gutierrez

people actually getting bothered by Nyunyu and editing her outfit
I know tumblr and such crowds occupy Flip Flappers threads but this is lame.

Hudson Cook
Hudson Cook

Show this to the director

Thomas White
Thomas White

Chekhov gave Nyunyu the gun for the purpose of being a Thomasson.
I love these threads.

Leo Thomas
Leo Thomas

I'd rather she be my girlfriend

Lucas Brown
Lucas Brown

No, I want to be her.

Chase Johnson
Chase Johnson

Senketsu?

Evan Roberts
Evan Roberts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperart_Thomasson
Oh shit, this literally explains why all the episodes are named "pure something".

Isaiah Baker
Isaiah Baker

If you want to be really amused, also go read his article that praised Yuri on Ice to high heaven right as episode 4 hit and the show went into complete "here's your sexy gayboy shlick fantasy of the week" mode.

Joseph Barnes
Joseph Barnes

Only if she molests me.

Caleb Price
Caleb Price

What would sex between Cocona and Mimi be like?

Luke Phillips
Luke Phillips

It's pretty funny but Thomassons have no creator (as art) by definition.

Jonathan Harris
Jonathan Harris

I'd rather impregnate her.

Asher Ross
Asher Ross

There are people in these threads that have used the term male gaze, as a negative, unironiclly, what did you expect

Brody Campbell
Brody Campbell

does anyone else want to ravage nyunyu or is it just me?

Christian Martin
Christian Martin

I can't take a joke and construe humour as a personal attack
You're soundin' pretty tumblr yourself, bud.

Grayson Foster
Grayson Foster

Day of the Rope when?

Carter Bennett
Carter Bennett

supforums.com/thread/151056605/anime
I wouldn't say they are experiencing the same journey that a lot of western gay folks experience
Just because some viewers and reviewers read their relationship as romantic doesn't necessarily mean they're applying their western vision of queer identity to it (not like they would have a full grasp on it anyway: most of them aren't even gay).

Similarly, just because we can't assume that neither Cocona nor Papika would have the same experience nor carry the same baggage as real life lesbians doesn't mean that actual gay people can't identify with some individual elements of the former's journey to discovering what love is.
In that sense, I don't think merely dismissing people who did interpret Cocona's feelings as romantic as baka gaijins is proper (especially when the show's first seven episodes have spent so much time on portraying and developping the two girls' growing intimacy through both the visuals and the writing).

Juan Wilson
Juan Wilson

Just you.

Nathan Kelly
Nathan Kelly

It's just you. Everyone else just wants to tickle and watch anime with her.

Grayson Williams
Grayson Williams

I only want to ravage her ass.

Noah Price
Noah Price

Where is Yayaka tickling her?

Sebastian Gonzalez
Sebastian Gonzalez

Not me. I want to play Smash Bros

Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones

Any day you wish, PI is closer then you think

Zachary Adams
Zachary Adams

That other guy got it right: There's nothing wrong with seeing at least the first half of the show as some sort of gay discovery story, the text absolutely supports that interpretation. The problem is just when you then throw a bitch fit about how the rest of the show doesn't keep on doing that.

Liam Lewis
Liam Lewis

deliberately introduce a character that serves zero purpose

bravo oshiyama

Liam Fisher
Liam Fisher

On the glans.

Wyatt Cook
Wyatt Cook

I just want Vanillaware to make a game based on Flip Flapper's ED. They do that fairy-tale tone so well.

Jeremiah Martinez
Jeremiah Martinez

I don't think merely dismissing people who did interpret Cocona's feelings as romantic as baka gaijins is proper
No one is saying that though, everyone here knows both girls are in-love with each other.

Ryder Perry
Ryder Perry

it did the contrary, making Cocona dependent of Papika
Actually I think it did the opposite in ep 10. She clearly rejected that dependency on Papika, even if it was mostly because of her jealously and heartache.

A weaker person might have stayed with Papika and buried her misgivings, as those who stay in abusive relationships do. A stronger person (or Cocona in better circumstances) might have stayed and sorted everything out.

Cocona took the middle ground and jumped in to a pipe. Which was at least pro-active and a bit badass even if in the service of running away.

The emotional context makes it bloody hard to analyse ep10.

Joshua Torres
Joshua Torres

ITT: desperate people who can't and don't want to get rid of obsession with a cartoon and try fill the emptiness waiting for new fictional material

Parker Parker
Parker Parker

In that sense, I don't think merely dismissing people who did interpret Cocona's feelings as romantic as baka gaijins is proper (

I don't mean to be dismissive but that interpretation can only be taken so far with how the story has been developed. Instead of accepting that and adjusting how they are viewing the show they bash the program for not performing to their preconceived ideas.

Its lazy, instead of finding enjoyment in the story doing something they couldn't imagine at first they are angry. They don't want to be challenged they want to be told what they already know

Brayden King
Brayden King

Is the thomasson a thomasson?

Connor Jones
Connor Jones

No.

Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams

She might actually be pretty good at Smash. What do you think she did all day the KKK base for fun?

Josiah Kelly
Josiah Kelly

Papicake

Elijah Hall
Elijah Hall

I prefer to take other people along with me.

Ethan Bailey
Ethan Bailey

Maybe in the future. But right now, three episodes after her introduction, she's a pure-type thomasson.

Jack Long
Jack Long

It's not like Flip Flappers has become a radically different show though. All the plot threads it's cashing in right now have been set up since episode 1. And it's still absolutely a story about Cocona's problems dealing with growing up and change.
It's just no longer vague enough to support any interpretation you want (especially concering the show's overall goals), and apparently certain parties seem to think that just because there's an overt plot now, they can switch off their brain and not pay attention to the subtext anymore. Because as everyone knows, only seeing meaning in narratives that are otherwise incomprehensible is smart, and if any old fool can understand what's going on there's no articles explaining what it ACTUALLY means to the plebs to be written.

Mason Miller
Mason Miller

I am sure that Papicake is expired, but that is ok she is still younger then me and I love her just the same

Jack Bell
Jack Bell

Oh, my bad then. I thought the user I first replied to was implying otherwise.

Julian Scott
Julian Scott

where is THE bulge?

Carson Myers
Carson Myers

It seemed pretty clear to me. Cocona was so completely overwhelmed that she took the hard blue-pill and decided to escape from all the flip flap stuff and run home to grandma. It wasn't about rejecting Papika's leadership, it was about rejecting an entire continuity of scary, changing and uncertain circumstances where boundaries were no longer clear to her because she'd been made aware of so many secrets and lies that her only response was to flush the whole thing and return to her former life. A complete 180.

Quite fitting that mommy returns right at the peak of Cocona's rejection of change.

Brandon Morgan
Brandon Morgan

people still call Nyunyu's gun Chekhov's
Bu disagrees

Gavin Anderson
Gavin Anderson

His body didn't show any signs of getting shot though.

Lincoln Gomez
Lincoln Gomez

Thatsthejoke.jpg

Wyatt Bailey
Wyatt Bailey

strawpoll.me/11898829/

Austin Lewis
Austin Lewis

You can kill with gun without shooting

Zachary Green
Zachary Green

Fair enough.

Have a cocomimi in a womb.

Jaxson Smith
Jaxson Smith

Is Bu, dare I say, minion of Flip Flappers?

Adrian Cooper
Adrian Cooper

I wonder why Mimi exploded instead of taking Cocona to the PI

Zachary Davis
Zachary Davis

Futanon single handedly making these threads great and terrible at the same time

Zachary Turner
Zachary Turner

The purge option is very appealing to me, but my dick wins this time.

Luke Reyes
Luke Reyes

Man, my mom's womb never hugged me.

So does that mean she's been fucking shit up with placentacles this whole time?

Jaxon Mitchell
Jaxon Mitchell

Mimi will never fuck you

Ryan Morgan
Ryan Morgan

Try legend of mana, probably the closest thing i can think of.

Luke King
Luke King

placentacles

I do not have words user and my cache of images is not sufficient to express my mix of laughter and terror

Christian Morris
Christian Morris

Didn't she do both?

Logan Rivera
Logan Rivera

I could pretty easily make a turn-based browser game like that (using websockets and openGL rendering, I'm not a hack)

Asher Hughes
Asher Hughes

It may have been once but stopped being one when FF found a use for it.

The chasm they pass through to get to it was a thomasson until they used it as a trap in ep10.

Thomasson is an ephemeral attribute of art I guess.

Brayden Reed
Brayden Reed

I'm pretty sure Papikana made her explode.
You can hear glass shattering just after Papikana jumps after Mimi during the blast.

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

What do you guys love love LOVE about Papika?

I like how she loves fun, loves adventures, has a positive attitude, and how devoted she is to those she cares about!

A girl like her would push you to get out of your shell and do fun things without judging you negatively for being passive or critical of it.

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

One thing that occurs to me is that there's now no mystery anymore about what happened between episode 1 and 2, even though we were never told. Cocona's life being entirely under Asclepius' control and Papika just not giving a fuck as long as Cocona's okay explains it all pretty nicely.
That's pretty funny for something that has so consistently rustled people for most of the season.

Isaac Moore
Isaac Moore

Coming out of their shell, you say?
It's symbolic

Jackson Torres
Jackson Torres

It was never something I expected them to address directly, but it's nice that we have an implied answer of sorts. I'm guessing we were supposed to consider it answered as soon as grannybot revealed herself, since she was there the next morning after Cocona was taken by the robots.

Elijah Miller
Elijah Miller

tickling as a battle tactic
Papika is a silly girl.

Nathaniel Perry
Nathaniel Perry

Then you should do it. If you can give it a fairy-tale like feeling we get from the ED, I'd definitely give it a try.

William Lopez
William Lopez

Dunno, dude, I hate her

Alexander Martin
Alexander Martin

Last night I realized that Flip Flappers shares a lot of elements with Gimmick! on the Famicom. Not enough that the two are related in any way, but key points including some of the ones you mentioned.
each level is a unique environment with its own ecosystem and creatures
every level has a secret item that you have to find
The item is usually hidden in an area far offscreen or you have to do something really convoluted to get it (flipping a lever in stage 5 that just looks like decoration, riding a cannonball to the other end of stage 2)
You can only enter each level once
the levels get insanely more difficult except for the peaceful final one right before the final boss fight
if you fail to get the item or die and continue, you can't free the girl you're supposed to save and BAD END

Josiah Taylor
Josiah Taylor

While that's true, I think it's understating the fact that she had to be pro-active in demanding that Papika stop the car and then making her own way out of FF's base. It would have been easier to just bury her reservations and let Papika take her to safety in.

Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell

Literally everything.

I want one.

Easton Ortiz
Easton Ortiz

Shut up Mimi, your drunk

Samuel Nguyen
Samuel Nguyen

Easier, yeah, but she was done being rational. She just wanted OUT.

It's actually a pretty common scene in western literature and film, but with the hoverboard replaced with a car. One character has just had enough of colourful adventures and just says "fuck it" and runs back to their old life.

In terms of the monomyth, it's the "rejection of the call" but it also works here as a more direct example of Cocona's fear of change and her tendency to cling to the safe and familiar for comfort.

Speaking of the fucking monomyth, I'm surprised that isn't something we've talked about more considering episode 10 and 11. "Temptation of the mother" is literally one of the later stages of the monomyth, as is "redemption of the father"

Asher Wilson
Asher Wilson

placentacles

Cameron Jackson
Cameron Jackson

Papika would never make you feel bad

Isn't she adorable?

David Martinez
David Martinez

Papika is the cutest!

Jackson Hernandez
Jackson Hernandez

placentacles

Joseph Cruz
Joseph Cruz

I'd argue against that. Papika is willing to explain the situation to her, but Cocona would rather run away than confront something potentially painful to salvage a relationship she cherished. Yeah, it's part Paprika's fault for starting that conversation in the most unempathetic way possible, but running away to granny is hardly proactive

Zachary Cook
Zachary Cook

In the real world her naive and energetic attitude would cost her virginity.

Nolan Hill
Nolan Hill

Honestly I'm a bit leery of the monomyth because people keep shoving it into everything like this is fucking Apollo 13.

Carson Nelson
Carson Nelson

so she would have experience and know what she is doing? Niiiiiice.

Christian Lee
Christian Lee

"rejection of the call"

Cocona has been literally rejecting the call for most of episodes 1 and 2. This is not a rejection of the call, this is more like a third-act crisis of faith. Or in Campbell's terms, the "meeting with the goddess".

Lucas Adams
Lucas Adams

delet this

Isaac Young
Isaac Young

tfw you'll never have a friend as supportive and loving as papika

Jordan Baker
Jordan Baker

Alright, sounds fine. I'll probably finish only have anything to show months after the hype for this anime dies away, but I've been working on a project like this for a while that I don't have a theme for. An FLFL dungeon-crawler-ish sounds pretty awesome.

Only thing is, I'm not a very good artist. It takes me forever to finish even tiny sprites. I may need to oldschool it, and do kind of a Dwarf Fortress text-only thing at first.

Luke White
Luke White

To be fair, one of the arguments behind the monomyth was literally "this describes every story ever"

But also, once again, it's not useful because you can attach interpretation A to image B and say "hey look, X is a monomyth!" It's just a framework of image and meaning that is ubiquitous, and thus a useful tool for creators to call upon to make their vision more communicable to their audience.

In this case we a tempress woman, a father seeking redemption and a protagonist sorely in need of apotheosis set up for us right at the end of episode 11, so it's useful to see how the director might be using these ideas to enhance the story he's trying to tell.

Adam Morales
Adam Morales

The music from the episode 5 where PPK and CCN chases YYK and co. is like straight from the vidya

Elijah Williams
Elijah Williams

Fairy tale worlds will definitely be a thing, but I'd kind of like to do a lot of different settings, different tributes (like Episode 8 was). What do you think?

Carter Morgan
Carter Morgan

That's because there's nothing particularly definitive about the monomyth; at its most general level, which is where you often have to apply it to make it fit, it's just a story about someone going out into the world (which is just a good way to start a story), having an adventure, and returning (which is a good way to end a story), with a bunch of crises at every step.

The monomyth is a very helpful guide to a type of narrative humans generally find engaging, but figuring out something adheres to the monomyth is about as meaningful as discovering that audiences like seeing attractive people.

Christopher White
Christopher White

I'd say for a game of this type, your priority should be (besides quality) including all of the worlds shown in the anime.

Jordan Gutierrez
Jordan Gutierrez

Agreed.

To paraphrase Rick, FliFla is just so dense every single episode just has so much going on. Unlike Star Wars FliFla is actually good, it all works. I don't know how but it does. It amazes me people can't find enjoyment in it, it has something for everyone

Logan Ross
Logan Ross

Her friend Cocona.

Nathaniel Jackson
Nathaniel Jackson

i got a feeling yuu will have a good end

Henry Murphy
Henry Murphy

I think she at least won't die. A good end for her would be to just escape all of this with Toto.

Jordan Cook
Jordan Cook

it's a "1cour where everything is nonsensical eyecandy until the last 3 episodes and the conclusion is just a conglomeration ripping off other anime" mahou shoujo anime
FUCK Madoka for starting this trend.

Jonathan Walker
Jonathan Walker

Yuyu really loves the "randomly appear from the sky and smash your fist into the ground" move.

Andrew Allen
Andrew Allen

FUCK Madoka for starting this trend.

But Madoka stopped being non sensical eyecandy at episode 6, and Flip Flappers had meaningful character development and relationship building since the start.

Justin Gomez
Justin Gomez

I need start counting how many times she kicks that puppy.

Hunter Martinez
Hunter Martinez

pointless pedobait character
key to anything

/thread

Jaxon Reed
Jaxon Reed

last 3
More like five.

Praise Madokami for providing us the gift of Flip Flappers.

Colton Martin
Colton Martin

Did you just decide to not read my post so you could soapbox more?
My school has a hardon for Frye, so I'm well aware of the popular criticism to the monomyth, that's not the point here.

The point here is that the director went out of his way to personify aspects of the monomyth into characters in establishing the narrative's climactic exigence. Questions like "why did they do that" and "what might it be accomplishing" are important ones to ask. If you get caught up on "b-b-but my professor told me the monomyth was too general" you miss the forest for the trees here

John Ramirez
John Ramirez

she was notably absent from the massacre in KKK's base, and she's in the preview fighting PI stuff (?)

Isaiah Wilson
Isaiah Wilson

last episode
"I can't let you hurt Papika any longer!"
"Why not my dear daughter...?"
"B-because...I-I....I love love LOVE her!"

Ryan Peterson
Ryan Peterson

Excuse me, but Papika is no longer Cocona's friend and I believe she has made herself very clear in that regard. A rowdy girl such as her is just a bad influence on my cute Cocona.

Samuel Gutierrez
Samuel Gutierrez

you guys are perverts

Joseph Watson
Joseph Watson

She's slow but a heavy-hitter. In a 1v1 she'd probably have little to no chance of ever actually landing a hit on one of the henshin'd Flip Flappers, so she has to rely on being sneaky and surprising them with one decisive hit.

Blake Robinson
Blake Robinson

But MOOOOOOOM she's not my friend
She's my girlfriend!

Landon Brown
Landon Brown

You're right. In fact I think I'll do ONLY worlds shown in the anime.

I'll post a github repo once I've got something worthwhile to show.

Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith

Cocona using Papikas Dai-dai-daisuki line
You don't know how much i want this.

Gavin Brown
Gavin Brown

You're Mimi's girlfriend, now.

Matthew Myers
Matthew Myers

Even imaging it makes me start to tear up.

Aiden Martinez
Aiden Martinez

le initial writer meme
ANN reviews
greentext
gonna need more rope

calle calle bitches

Juan Harris
Juan Harris

I want this, but I want Coco to say "Dai-dai-daisuki" directly to Papika more.

Joseph Adams
Joseph Adams

But girls can't love girls. Unless it is mother loving daughter, then it is alright.

Hunter Long
Hunter Long

youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4xHOonPnE

Gabriel Fisher
Gabriel Fisher

calle calle
I miss text captcha. Why do I have to select road signs and food?

Dylan Bailey
Dylan Bailey

If your school is as useful as tvtropes, I hope you're not paying too much tuition.

Nathan Robinson
Nathan Robinson

You don't need her, dear. Mama will make you all the girlfriends you could ever wish for.

Ayden Nelson
Ayden Nelson

She secretly thinks Papika was really cool in ep3

Julian Turner
Julian Turner

Settings and search for legacy captcha.

Angel Cooper
Angel Cooper

You're mad as fuck, guy

Juan Reyes
Juan Reyes

Use it fag

Bentley Taylor
Bentley Taylor

My purpose is to recapture the comfy feeling of the first half of the series up through 8.

Thomas Foster
Thomas Foster

Who was this bitch and how was she aware of the nature of Pure Illusion?

Oliver Stewart
Oliver Stewart

Explain Toto, Hidaka.

Christian Price
Christian Price

your mom will never give you a harem of schoolgirls
How come there are people here right now who dont think Mimi is best mom?

Ethan Richardson
Ethan Richardson

Thank you, flappers

Aaron Thomas
Aaron Thomas

They just keep yelling it at each other with more 'dai's. It takes up all of episode 13

Eli Martinez
Eli Martinez

You don't understand
I don't want a replacement! I want Papika!

Landon Johnson
Landon Johnson

Salt plz

Brayden Reyes
Brayden Reyes

She was a manifestation of one of Mimi's shards.

Juan Brown
Juan Brown

Better the Eva's end.

Benjamin Martin
Benjamin Martin

Someone post the webm version of this. Preferably with sounds.

Is Sayuri a pet lover? She's nice to both the puppy and the cat.

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

"Only you girls" =/= "only girls"
I'm aware that he knew about the other team. I don't know what he was thinking.

I want a scene like after the fight in ep 3 but where Cocona and Papika try to trump each other with "Daidaidaisuki"s.

Benjamin Bailey
Benjamin Bailey

He said "you girls", referring to Papika and Cocona, not "girls" referring to girls in general, retarded ESL.

Chase Gomez
Chase Gomez

She wants to show Salt that she's high quality waifu material and he should marry her

Luke Miller
Luke Miller

Not everyone needs their mom to get a harem.

William Gonzalez
William Gonzalez

tfw ending will never match anons expectations
cute scenes will never happen
staying in these threads will only lead to disappointment

Ryan Cooper
Ryan Cooper

Maybe only you girls as in "only people like you two", which is genetically modified lab children with high impedance.

Josiah Perry
Josiah Perry

I don't know what he was thinking.

He was thinking that he, Sayuri and Salt can't go there.
I have never seen so many people misunderstand such a simple show.

Asher Moore
Asher Moore

DELET THIS

Sebastian Perez
Sebastian Perez

Going by the translation

He said "you girls" not "girls" he was speaking about the two of them in specific not only girls in general

Ryan Hernandez
Ryan Hernandez

sakugafags please retreat back to twitter

Evan Lee
Evan Lee

did they ever why papika shrunk?

Brayden Anderson
Brayden Anderson

You sound as if you're explaining something I wasn't getting. I know that Hidaka knew that Papika and Cocona were special, but he also knew about the KKK team, so his "only you girls" was inaccurate, unless it included all special children.

Hunter Thompson
Hunter Thompson

yes

Jack Adams
Jack Adams

Not yet. Probably gonna reveal that along with what happened to baby Cocona thick brows.

Noah Johnson
Noah Johnson

Papika henshins to throw out dai's like the fist of the north star

Leo Baker
Leo Baker

Flawless analysis, actually.

Charles Ortiz
Charles Ortiz

"Only" doesn't have to refer to the entire world. It can also colloquially imply "out of the people here".

Easton Davis
Easton Davis

This is the first time somebody asks for my stupid collage. And it was the first one that was even used as an OP image. I'm not a useless Thomasson anymore

Jack Gray
Jack Gray

I suppose you're right.

Jackson Clark
Jackson Clark

Will Toto be okay? Why did they bother showing his wound reopening?

Is he going to die and then make Yuyu go on a personal vendetta quest against Papika? Because that would be cool

Jose Davis
Jose Davis

is a thomasson really useless if you can appreciate it as art ?

Brayden Jackson
Brayden Jackson

I think his wound is just a way to make Yuyu show emotion other than smug and make the audience wish for a happy ending for the twins after all.

Alexander Murphy
Alexander Murphy

It seems I was right. This show has lost all its critical status. Only people in these generals still like it.

Benjamin Hall
Benjamin Hall

I think the whole purpose of the Toto wound is to actually demonstrate and show us viewers that the amorphious children actually do have feelings, and aren't as much of a "different mindset" as they would have you believe. His wound reoppening clearly had yuyu express concern and worry, maybe even a tad bit of fear. This might be set up for what they decide to do next.

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

Imagine being so useless as a human being that somebody begins to appreciate you as a work of art

Jayden Reed
Jayden Reed

funny how as soon as the Yuri bait seems less likely, the SJW critics drop it instantaneously.

Joshua Cox
Joshua Cox

Kinda looks like they have daylight in FliFla-headquaters.

Logan Sullivan
Logan Sullivan

It's actually becoming far more popular on MAL and reddit. I leave it up to you if that's worse or better than a bunch of snobby sakuga bloggers and ANN reviewers suddenly deciding that it sucks now.

Wyatt Perry
Wyatt Perry

Is this some spicy new meme?

Adam Turner
Adam Turner

Why are people even still discussing this? He doesn't even say girls, that was added in the translation.
The original line is つまり、ピュアイリュージョンとは君たちにしか行けない[...]. He only says you (君たち - kimitachi).

Adrian Flores
Adrian Flores

Cockona

Angel Richardson
Angel Richardson

with critical reception dropping, but fan reception rising, but also anxious, it seems like the entire fate of this show will rest entirely on the quality of its ending. Will Flip Flappers save Christmas?

Anthony Price
Anthony Price

COCONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gabriel Richardson
Gabriel Richardson

Eh, that's more net people watching and presumably enjoying it. Can't complain

Lincoln Jones
Lincoln Jones

The elitist in me wants the show to remain obscure, it would give me one more show to lord over peoples heads about how superior my taste are. The fan inside of me wants everyone to watch it because its by far the best show this year

Then again I doubt those idiots would understand, elitism it is

Jayden Edwards
Jayden Edwards

They look really eager to eat the snow

Blake Collins
Blake Collins

critical reception
More like sakugafags and queer enablers masturbating on their own respective idea of the show.
I did miss the sakuga in the last two episodes though

Samuel Carter
Samuel Carter

Yeah, forgot about that. Their headquarters is really dark most of the time. This looks like the same room, though, I would think.

Jack Ortiz
Jack Ortiz

gotta save that budget for the explosive finale bro.

Cooper Johnson
Cooper Johnson

Another quality Cocona.

Lucas Roberts
Lucas Roberts

The critics matter more when it comes to niche shows. Anime like The Hakkenden and Junkers Come Here live through their critical status among the sakuga community while remaining virtually unknown among the casuals. The masses are extremely ephemeral people, they will move on and forget this show. Most people in these threads will forget Flip Flappers by next year. I think it can only be remembered as Oshiyama's debut work but no one knows if he will continue making anime in the first place.

Jonathan Bell
Jonathan Bell

You forgot

Wyatt Gomez
Wyatt Gomez

That doesn't even read like a review. It's almost like a blog post.

Dominic Davis
Dominic Davis

since fucking when does Sup Forums want the casuals and masses to cling to their shows. This is the same board that flipped its shit and disowned Code Geass the moment it became popular.

Henry Scott
Henry Scott

That's how ANN rolls, you should see their Yaoi on Ice "reviews", nothing but SJWspeak

Joseph Kelly
Joseph Kelly

I guess you weren't here a week ago when Geass took over the whole catalog for a day.

Levi Flores
Levi Flores

There's no way I forget these 3 months of wild ride

Ian King
Ian King

That's what most articles of this sort are. They're somewhere between a think piece and a blog meant mainly to virtue-signal towards their target audience for clicks. Clicks are everything, and to keep getting clicks they just have to keep saying whatever vacuous shit their audience wants to hear

Lincoln Hernandez
Lincoln Hernandez

This episode really seems to forget to put some budget on her. The backgrounds look great.

Tyler Bell
Tyler Bell

It's not like the handful of sakuga enthusiasts keeping the spirit alive makes a difference to anyone but them either. I mean, nice for them, but I'm not a sakugafag and so I'm not going to tell them what to like, but what they talk about in their sakugafag forums hardly matters to me or most people.

I think it can only be remembered as Oshiyama's debut work but no one knows if he will continue making anime in the first place.

If every anime director that made a slightly underwhelming show quit, there would be no anime directors. He'll be fine.

Jaxson Cox
Jaxson Cox

I wasn't, to be fair, I am an oldfag who only pops in every now and then these days. Why the hell are people bringing up Geass again? The board collectively disowned the series and created the "trainwreck" meme around it to keep normies and casuals who picked up the show away from the board.

James Cox
James Cox

How do you put budget on a small pile of pixels, representing a silhouette in the distance?

Oliver Barnes
Oliver Barnes

The Flip Flap base invasion was like Plants vs. Zombies.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

I mean, it's hardly surprising. The whole concept of writing a post telling the readers what happened in the episode that the readers probably just watched themselves is such a stupid concept that I can't even begin to comprehend the appeal. You only can meaningfully "review" entire shows.

Jason Foster
Jason Foster

Does anyone understand half the shit said in this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=5dm2VWAQaHA

David Ross
David Ross

Like this.

Jordan Taylor
Jordan Taylor

S3 was announced.

Blake Perez
Blake Perez

Stop giving them views.

Brandon Edwards
Brandon Edwards

I came here to post
>>>/reddit/

Jack Reyes
Jack Reyes

Yes, but the video is pointless. They don't try to construct a narrative. They go from one thing to another saying this means that with no real context or analysis. Its lazy clickbait designed to impress.

Austin Stewart
Austin Stewart

Please don't link that shit here. They benefit from that viewercount and directing traffic to it only increases it.

Wyatt Phillips
Wyatt Phillips

He's saying Flip Floppers on purpose isn't he?

Ryder Howard
Ryder Howard

I love that video.

The first guy's voice is hypnotic. The second guy just spouts word salad.

Christopher Cox
Christopher Cox

I do, but only because I read a lot of philosophy, I am weird like that.

He is reaching hard and doing some crazy ass mental gymnastics trying to tie medieval and early modern philisophical constructs into the show, without any self awareness of what he is actually talking about. He bases a lot of it off of the work of rene descartes, who is essentially babbys first philosopher because he 'created' the whole "I think, therefore I am" line of thinking.

He gets his head so far up his own ass sometimes, that he is trying to tie metaphysical ideas about self realization of ones own existence to the methods used to actually animate the cartoon drawing on screen. It's pretty funny shit to me. He is trying hard to sound smart, but in the end to someone actually educated on the topic, he is just spouting gibberish because he is trying to make connections that are illogical leaps or just straight up are not there- and even if they were there, it wouldn't really matter or change anything at all.

Blake Bell
Blake Bell

yfw NEETs are basically works of art
yfw in the future people will visit old chans archives to read about the sad lives of these useless existences called anons
yfw no face

Wyatt Wood
Wyatt Wood

I had to look that up to make sure you weren't trolling me. Don't know what to feel about this. R2 ended perfectly. There is not really anywhere to take the plot from here. I will give it a chance, but I dont have much hope for it.

Blake Murphy
Blake Murphy

I literally had more fun watching the video of a bunch of hood niggas talkin jive about dem flip flappas someone linked in the other thread. At least that was pretty funny.

Charles Powell
Charles Powell

I only hope you can say the same come Christmas 2020.

Luke Moore
Luke Moore

link?

Leo Hughes
Leo Hughes

7 minutes in, I think this might be 2deep4me

Jaxson Ramirez
Jaxson Ramirez

youtube anime review
ever

Nicholas Miller
Nicholas Miller

I actually fucking loved that.

Jaxson Martin
Jaxson Martin

youtube.com/watch?v=b_SwjonGn6Q

Julian Nelson
Julian Nelson

You can't mention this without giving a link, user

Owen Bennett
Owen Bennett

Since when did Sup Forums give a shit what anime reviewers had to say on anything
Leave the garbage attention whoring "journalists" to Reddit and let us shitpost stalker threads in peace and enjoy Flip Flap

Hudson Ortiz
Hudson Ortiz

Why the tub though? Wouldn't that be a collection of dirty water? As someone whose showered with a water bottle before, some boards to keep off the dirt is the way to go

Benjamin Rivera
Benjamin Rivera

only if shallowness is a type of depth

Jaxon Hernandez
Jaxon Hernandez

If you haven't noticed already, a good number of people here aren't Sup Forums regulars.

Hudson Green
Hudson Green

it is very much possible that because the reviewers and other communities are lead by sjw nazis that are killing discussion and love for this wonderful series, that people are flooding here because they have nowhere else to go.

Dominic Sanchez
Dominic Sanchez

It's not just here, ever since the Code Geass announcement and board has been infested.

Thomas Baker
Thomas Baker

They're watching the [Cocona] release, already higher powerlevel than ANN reviewers.

Ryder Young
Ryder Young

You mean, /pol/?

Logan Powell
Logan Powell

Back in the day newcomers would only lurk in order to get familiar with the board culture, and if they dared to post anons would be hostile and drive the guy away. What happened?

Daniel James
Daniel James

I imagine it goes down like this
Person A visits MAL/reddit/facebook/twitter/whatever regularly because they're a faggot
Faggot sees review that they don't like, or which disagrees with their opinion
Faggot reposts this on Sup Forums hoping that other people will formulate a counterargument on their behalf so that they don't have to think too deeply about hard stuffs like argumentation or critical thinking.

You should really just report any links to blogs or editorial pieces, since the person posting it is obviously either a newfag or a shill. Anybody that's lurked a year will know better than to direct traffic to clickbait.

Jacob Torres
Jacob Torres

Anons are hostile and try to drive away anyone that even slightly disagrees with them or doesn't post exactly like them. Meaning that the entire concept became meaningless since you're going to be called a newfag no matter what you do.

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

/pol/ people barely even stick out here, as long as they wouldn't fucking bring it up all the time. Also, stop posting Pepe. Seriously you kids should have more sense than that.

Zachary Bennett
Zachary Bennett

I TOLD YOU NIGGA THEY WERE FUCKING

kek

Aaron Rogers
Aaron Rogers

Stop metaposting or the nopan slut gets it!

Benjamin Murphy
Benjamin Murphy

fucking newfag

Asher Gutierrez
Asher Gutierrez

Cocona is such a cute name. Maybe it's just because I've had to hear it a zillion times.

Anthony Gomez
Anthony Gomez

Will we ever find out her name?

Mason Baker
Mason Baker

Something as densely packed as Flip Flappers you can review per episode no problem, especially in the earlier more episodic parts.
If your plot summary already makes up the biggest part of the “review”, you should stop it though. Not that that’s the case here due to how much Chapman loves to hear herself talk and to go on rants about god knows what. (You can usually pinpoint the exact moment where she shuts off her brain completely and only writes to further agitate herself because that’s when she gets even the most basic stuff wrong, like missing the entire scene about them running away from the lab for example)

Lucas Cooper
Lucas Cooper

You can usually pinpoint the exact moment where she shuts off her brain completely and only writes to further agitate herself because that’s when she gets even the most basic stuff wrong

That amazes me to know end. I will watch an episode multiple times and go over my analysis in my head and still feel like an idiot talking on an anonymous board. Others will just rant and rave like an idiot in public with no hint of self awareness.

Don't people feel shame anymore?

Ian Morgan
Ian Morgan

These are people who have never ever been told they're wrong, or are being annoying, or that anything they are or do is anything short of perfect.

Bentley Wilson
Bentley Wilson

Sure, but at some point you just have to realize that you're only reading the fucking post because you want to know what ANN Reviewerman thinks about an episode. And that's what you're getting here. Of course ANN reviewers are fucking dumb, so their posts are fucking dumb too, but it's your own damn fault if you go to ANN and then get mad that their episode "reviews" are terrible because we've known that for literally decades.

Blake Morales
Blake Morales

Someone on Sup Forums will call you a retarded faggot no how right you are. A bit different when someone seeks out your opinion to publish

Xavier Thompson
Xavier Thompson

They acquire a reputation through nepotism. That makes them above the criticism of those who aren't similarly connected or similarly reputable. The social media side of the internet has done wonders for pre-rationalizing the silencing and discardment of any voice they deem inconvenient.

Jacob Reyes
Jacob Reyes

sure is ETHICS IN ANIME JOURNALISM in here

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

Weebgate

Adam Parker
Adam Parker

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Why did you have to kick the hornet's nest?

Ryder Jones
Ryder Jones

I think social and economic stress have done more to make people less tolerant of each other's opinions then social media has.

Robert Roberts
Robert Roberts

How do you think the show will end?
Not how you want it to, but the most logical ending based on what we've seen so far.

Angel Gray
Angel Gray

but the most logical ending based on what we've seen so far
Another bust

Camden Gomez
Camden Gomez

I think you should go back to tumblr

Benjamin Roberts
Benjamin Roberts

Something bittersweet, with Papika and Mimi being separated from the other characters. Cocona and Yayaka remain friends, PI is sealed off.

Maybe Cocona and Yayaka both live with salt or something, I don't know.

Thomas Miller
Thomas Miller

Cocona is saved and becomes just friends with yaya and papika.
Mimi dies.
Nyunyu shoots somebody.

Easton Jackson
Easton Jackson

Honestly? At this point I'm expecting a friendship end where they all learn something and grow as persons. Especially Cocona. The cheesy (but awesome) scene with Yayaka and Papika definitely hints at that.

Anthony Hughes
Anthony Hughes

What do you think of this? Did they reference Plants vs. Zombies?

Nolan Gutierrez
Nolan Gutierrez

another bust you say?

Easton Turner
Easton Turner

The one who talks louder is the one who will get heard in the end. And since journalism pay is shit, intelligent people pursue other careers leaving you with not only the loudest but also the dumbest voices. The beauty of anonymity is that it normalizes the voices to a degree, but yes, like said that removes the social authority. You’d have to take opinions for what they are instead of giving them a value related to their author’s authority.

Carson Powell
Carson Powell

Based on Over The Rainbow, Mimi explodes back into pieces and CocoPapi have to go collecting again. Before the latest episodes I expected this to happen without the show trying to fit it into the context of its normal world, now I’m pretty sure the show will have Cocona choose a school and adventuring will have to take place in her free time.

Austin Cook
Austin Cook

Last episode is softcore Sayuri ecchi

Lincoln Campbell
Lincoln Campbell

They will get assistance from the various PI's denizens in order to defeat Mimi.

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

Papika will never be happy cause she's surrounded by disgusting hetfucks
Fuck everything.

Ryder Wilson
Ryder Wilson

This along with a Yayaka henshin and Iroha-senpai becoming relevant again are all I need.

Liam Peterson
Liam Peterson

That works, but only if Salt and Co. show up and and help win the day with the power of rock.

No idol shit either, I want the full Nekki Basara

Benjamin Powell
Benjamin Powell

I feel like there’s a legitimate possibility for that to actually happen, unless the new writer completely forgot about how horny the show’s first half depicted Cocona whenever Papika touched her.

Aaron Ross
Aaron Ross

Using a shard as a pick. I honestly want this because the "I wrote a song" meme would be reality

Easton Diaz
Easton Diaz

you will never hold a Cocona between your fingers

John Campbell
John Campbell

yfw the "FLIP FLAPPING" insert song from episode 8 is actually Salt's character song.

Carter Scott
Carter Scott

Cocona was doing the touching in Yuniko's eps. Ep8 took it to another level.

Ayden Carter
Ayden Carter

The most straight forward answer is that episode 12 is Yayaka + Papika vs Mimi/Cocona. Mix in some of the last few Papika flashbacks and backstory as needed to complete the story. But they can't win, all hope seems lost, despite some really awesome attacks and moments of false victory.

Episode 13 is Cocona rejecting Mimi, (I fully expect Mimi to KILL Yayaka, which will be the catalyst for the rejection) which allows the tides to turn. Cocona and Papika defeat Mimi.

Have no idea how they will resolve PI or any of the other subplots, but the above outline is the most likely for the broad strokes.

Kevin Gomez
Kevin Gomez

To be honest, when the Seele speakers came up around Mimi I was totally expect Salt to break into song.

Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell

With all the audio and anime homages in this series its really the only thing missing so far. A big power of song macross style event. I shall continue to hold out hope till the end

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

Yeah I know gays and straights should stay separate

Dominic Johnson
Dominic Johnson

All I want from the show at this point is for Yayaka to not die.

John Bell
John Bell

grid
Fuck off cancer crossboarder

Hunter Rivera
Hunter Rivera

That's only possible if humanity stops breeding.

Colton White
Colton White

These three shards in particular will come into play when Cocona and Mimi split right? Maybe the amorphous kids will be allowed to transform too.

Jordan Wilson
Jordan Wilson

On a scale of Cross Ange to Gurren Lagann, what are we expecting from the ending?

Lincoln Perez
Lincoln Perez

Mimi took those shards back already. The only shards that remain are the one made from Mimi tears that she gave to Salt

Brayden Ortiz
Brayden Ortiz

oh, the C A N C E R circlejerk is ruining the thread again, I see

it must be sad to have an awful live and come here for your dose of escapism. Literally a secure blanket for manchildren

Please kill yourself already

Carson Flores
Carson Flores

What a let down. I waited and waited for Flip Flappers to finally show its hand and commit to its strongest ideas, only to be supplanted by a conclusion that feels like a different show entirely, mandated by a faithless or scrambling production committee. At best, the last two episodes will have to be damage control for a largely failed story with some beautiful imagery and a tragic amount of promise.

Cameron Lewis
Cameron Lewis

I'm sorry but I only see one Papika in that image

Julian Jones
Julian Jones

I know Papino is best but that doesn't mean you should be cruel to the others.

Lucas Edwards
Lucas Edwards

nice try, but we've been talking about your shit quote for hours already.

Jason Bell
Jason Bell

But those are the few out of many that Cocona and Papika managed to collect. There's a reason we saw those being absorbed but not the rest.

Hudson Jones
Hudson Jones

PUFFY

Ethan Bennett
Ethan Bennett

Papika took all of the shards with her. They all got absorbed

Cameron Lewis
Cameron Lewis

I've been away from these threads since ep4 or so, but I heard they were shit. And wow, it was true, I usually don't go around calling things cancerous, but all this ANN, death of the author and youtube review shit is definitely cancer.

A shame cause the anime itself is not bad.

Carson Evans
Carson Evans

They didn't actually manage to collect many.
Most of the ones they acquired were stolen. Only 1, 2, 5 and 8 were kept and returned to Flip Flap.
Papika keeps 1 with her, which leaves 2,5 and 8 in the case. The only other shard Flip Flap has is the tiny one on a necklace that Salt kept from 2nd Impact. All 5 of those were sucked into Cocona when Mimi awoke

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter

I'm referring to the ones the KKK were in possession of too.

Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris

Probably one of the many notCoconas FliFla has tried to pair up with Papika in order to access PI.

Jordan Russell
Jordan Russell

Thursday threads are usually a lot better, we're dying now because as usual everything has been discussed to death and all that's left is this crap and reaction images. I still don't know why I'm here.

Ian Roberts
Ian Roberts

If you wanted reaction images you should've just asked

Camden Morris
Camden Morris

I still don't know why I'm here
The threads can vary in quality, you are surely here to provide quality posts yourself.

Kevin Sanchez
Kevin Sanchez

are they going to market a cute green rabbit cell phone charm?

James Watson
James Watson

Was this really necessary? Can't even recommend this to my daughter now.

Dylan Carter
Dylan Carter

Mimi broke the Ascelpius totem and presumably retrieved all her shards.

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

For a supposedly emotionless girl, Yuyu is pretty smug and manipulative.

Asher Nelson
Asher Nelson

If your daughter don't like that sort of thing you should get a replacement.

James Cook
James Cook

It was necessary, I'm recommending this show to my daughter now.

Robert Smith
Robert Smith

Mimi, your daughter might like it.

Zachary Myers
Zachary Myers

who ever said she was emotionless

Dylan Nguyen
Dylan Nguyen

Why is cocona so thirsty in this pic?

Anthony Jackson
Anthony Jackson

That's not Papika

Daniel Rivera
Daniel Rivera

Coconuts has been thirsty the whole time

Nolan Anderson
Nolan Anderson

I think Cocona has dropped Flip Flappers.

Isaac Gonzalez
Isaac Gonzalez

Same here, she watched it and asked my to buy her clothes like nyunyu's.

Zachary Sullivan
Zachary Sullivan

Teenage hormones.

Ayden Johnson
Ayden Johnson

secret organization vs even more secret organization
talk about the "3rd child"
leader of one organization has a lover that dies which is motivation for his mission
leader of organization forces his child to do his dirty work even though he wasn't in her life growing up
flip flappers is literally a NGE clone. I hated NGE and I hate this

Nathaniel Sanders
Nathaniel Sanders

Was K sakuga?

Sometimes popular shows are good, e.g. Bebop and TTGL. But you might not like those, elitism being what it is...

Zachary Green
Zachary Green

Is this is all we can expect? The master of bait you are not.

Camden Lopez
Camden Lopez

Jason Rogers
Jason Rogers

salt holds a gun to Mimi's head
Ikari held a gun to that scientist lady's head
The list could go on forever. they are exactly the same

Charles Thompson
Charles Thompson

Thanks D

Sorry, did I trigger you?

Josiah Taylor
Josiah Taylor

try two blocks down

Colton Brooks
Colton Brooks

EoFF when?

Levi Taylor
Levi Taylor

On the one hand, they both have have characters speaking words, on the other, one is in widescreen and the other is not. I'm confused.

Jayden Price
Jayden Price

you are just going to gloss over the whole masturbate line I set you up for and go back to eva?

i am disappointed in you user, i expected better

Carter Moore
Carter Moore

What are the angels then?

End of Flip Flappers: One More Final - 「Pure Connection」

Jose Gray
Jose Gray

Oshiyama, I'll kill you!! Oshiyama, I'll kill you!!

Leo Jackson
Leo Jackson

God this anime went to pure fucking shit. Absolute trash. It was so good for about the first six episodes too. It really does deserve to flop.

Juan Morales
Juan Morales

why do the kkk kids wear the wrist doilies?

shit looks awkward and restricting desu

Levi Roberts
Levi Roberts

pure fucking shit

are you trying to leak the episode 13 title

Charles Garcia
Charles Garcia

I know
I know I've let you down
I've been a fool to myself

Levi Parker
Levi Parker

why do sci-fi latex suits have neon-coloured wrist saucers?
Next you'll ask me why water is wet

Joseph Taylor
Joseph Taylor

Really feeling the writer change.

Hudson Jackson
Hudson Jackson

I could be a master baiter if I wanted to. but that wasn't bait. it was a fact. FF is literally NGE

what are the angels
the monsters in pure illusion

Jacob Hall
Jacob Hall

Get your hands out of their pocket, then

Christopher Phillips
Christopher Phillips

Stop replying to bait, post things you think are fun or interesting.

Andrew Howard
Andrew Howard

I'm sexually interested in Cocona

John Reyes
John Reyes

ok

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

Always makes me think of this
youtube.com/watch?v=mqrfDho4Ucg

Why IS water wet?

Lincoln Reyes
Lincoln Reyes

The internet tells me it's strong tetrahedral hydrogen bonding.

The first couple results were some non-scientific bullshit so I discounted those.

Kevin Perry
Kevin Perry

Why IS water wet?
Because you touch yourself at night.

Lucas Richardson
Lucas Richardson

Why IS water wet?

Because wetness is defined as "being covered in liquid" and water is the most common liquid on the planet. It could however be argued that water itself is not wet since it can't cover itself.

James Allen
James Allen

user, Please.

Everyone know water is wet because you have a dick and you are upset because your girlfriend didn't have one when you slept with her. Its a strange fetish dick water complex

Liam Reyes
Liam Reyes

It could however be argued that water itself is not wet since it can't cover itself.
really stimulates the prefrontal cortex doesn't it?

Nolan Powell
Nolan Powell

There are certainly parallels. The main difference is that Flip Flappers isn't pointlessly angsty trash.

We'll see how they compare quality-wise over the next two episodes...

But how does that make it so water-like?

I mean really, what IS water?

Adrian Foster
Adrian Foster

Man you're really unhappy about that freud thing, aren't you?

Kevin Fisher
Kevin Fisher

step 1) pour a cup of water
step 2) pour coffee into the water
now the water is covered in coffee and the coffee is covered in the water so they are both wet

Brandon Murphy
Brandon Murphy

Salt's monoliths he used to try and contain Mimi were a reference to the Seele monoliths too.

Jack Turner
Jack Turner

To be honest, I just like talking about the penis

Samuel Brown
Samuel Brown

See, this is an actual reference. But that doesn't make them exactly the same.

Anthony Lewis
Anthony Lewis

but coffee is mostly water

Daniel King
Daniel King

youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

Grayson Baker
Grayson Baker

Thomasson is a trope

Carson Butler
Carson Butler

reference my ass. they are the exact same. if somebody were to ask me which show I was watching I would have to look at the title because I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Adrian Evans
Adrian Evans

You should come up with some new material. This is getting boring.

Oliver Barnes
Oliver Barnes

its's an homage, like in a tarintino film

except FliFla is good

Julian Hughes
Julian Hughes

Then don't reply to him?

Jaxson Sanders
Jaxson Sanders

Alright, who of you did this?
youtube.com/watch?v=W4BflgwqyOE
It's good

James Jenkins
James Jenkins

what

Brayden Jenkins
Brayden Jenkins

This hurt my feelings. Please delete it.

Nathaniel Clark
Nathaniel Clark

It's just a compilation of the Mimi-scenes.

Elijah Reyes
Elijah Reyes

yayaka literally cemented her loss
what a fucking retard

Joseph Young
Joseph Young

Nanda omae?

Bentley Lopez
Bentley Lopez

Every single one of your theories was wrong.

Lincoln Rogers
Lincoln Rogers

Cocona was about to open herself up to Papika before the Mimi bullshit started

Mimi a huge shit. Remove Mimi.

Jose Jones
Jose Jones

It's not Mimi's fault Papika couldn't keep her mouth shut. Cocona's in a better place now.

Henry Lee
Henry Lee

wew

Prediction: Mimi's "not a psycho cunt" side will feel for Salt and Cocona and fight back after Papika goes into her PI to try to rescue Cocona.

Blake Ramirez
Blake Ramirez

We should call them A-sides and B-sides.

Jack Evans
Jack Evans

Given the preview has Cocona in the cocktree, I feel like it's going to go the route of "just kidding ur mum was a cunt" and Cocona will mull things over while everyone jobs to Mimi, and then make up her mind and join the battle to save the day.

Which is a shame. I think the final showdown would've been more interesting if Mimi kept on being #1 mom to Cocona and she actually had to choose between doting mother or being her own woman instead of doting mother conveniently turning into literal hitler and locking her in the world's strangest chastity cage.

Dominic Ramirez
Dominic Ramirez

i'd say there was little ambiguity about mimi being a villain now. she even has a literal dark side taking over.

Connor Martinez
Connor Martinez

So, was this executive meddling or what?

Justin Stewart
Justin Stewart

WHO IS THE MAN BEHIND THE TREE!?

Logan Sullivan
Logan Sullivan

But Mimi's B-side is better.

Evan Perry
Evan Perry

She's certainly sexier.

Ayden Robinson
Ayden Robinson

Salt.

Leo Barnes
Leo Barnes

Yes. Everything you don't like is executive meddling.

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

I think what we call them is B-side the point

Benjamin Allen
Benjamin Allen

Congratulations End

Nathaniel Smith
Nathaniel Smith

Can you not.

Thomas Evans
Thomas Evans

Salt please

Jeremiah Cook
Jeremiah Cook

dont think its him, that is too obvious of an answer. Salt is in the normal world, not in PI.

Logan Rodriguez
Logan Rodriguez

Part of me thinks there really was someone on the committee who, while they were working on this show, kept on asking them to make it more like NGE.

Luis Collins
Luis Collins

It's one thing for her to be the villain, but it's another for her to be a bad mother. Since a mother figure is what Cocona's been looking for all along, and distancing herself from that need for a mother is going to need to be her big turn as a character, the mother figure actually just being a terrible mother almost makes the issue meaningless. It's easy to want to distance yourself from a mom that locks you in a giant penistree, it's much harder and therefore a much more meaningful turn, if the mother isn't outright evil. Because lets' be honest here, that separation has to happen at some point regardless. Becoming your own person and gaining independence from your parents is part of growing up. It trivializes the whole thing if Mimi is just a unilaterally evil megalomaniac

Christian Scott
Christian Scott

None can fuck my wife but me.

The tree and clover field are not PI.

Dominic Peterson
Dominic Peterson

I know this is an original anime and all but could you, um, make it less original?

Parker Phillips
Parker Phillips

People were saying from the very beginning that grandma was a plant, for one.

Levi Collins
Levi Collins

Who knows but either way something went horribly wrong half way through it. I guess they just don't want my money.

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

a plant
But she was a robot

Isaiah Martin
Isaiah Martin

ah, ok. I always assumed it was still PI because of the abstract shapes growing out of the ground. Only on rewatching the entire scene do I realize that those shapes are actually just the ruins of the research facility.

Leo Ramirez
Leo Ramirez

He set up the trap in episode 11.

Robert Cruz
Robert Cruz

same, i am a billionnaire prince from nigeria and i was going to have 3Hz create an anime based on my extremely colorful and interesting life, but now i'm not going to.

Gavin Gonzalez
Gavin Gonzalez

Took me a moment, but I laughed.

Zachary White
Zachary White

here to shoot you're waifu

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

But Nyunyu, you are mai waifu.

Mason Gutierrez
Mason Gutierrez

You know what this reminds me of, is kind of like when a book gets made into a film and the reader of the book doesn't like it because it isn't what they had imagined. Most of the negative reaction I can see is from people that liked to imagine the story was about one thing and was actually about something else which they are unwilling to accept. The show went from "you could have 1000s of theories to fit this situation" to "actually its like this". The odd thing is though that these same people were critcising the percieved lack of plot in earlier episodes. Don't even get me started on the "lead writer" quitting meme.

Easton Ward
Easton Ward

Pow! You're dead, user-kun! You cannot resist my moe bullets!

Tyler Hill
Tyler Hill

I agree with you, but it also reminds me of FFXV. People complained about the lack of plot in the first 8 chapters, but generally enjoyed the laid back tone, freedom, and characters. Then Chapter 9 hits and they get the drama and plot they have been wanting (obviously at the cost of the laid back tone and pace) and they flip their shit because its not going the way they wanted it to.

Noah Robinson
Noah Robinson

The thing is, people making these defenses rarely have anything actually positive to say about the recent episodes themselves. It's always "well it *foreshadowed* this, so you're not allowed to dislike it!" It's like they would rather gobble down the insipid Eva rehash it's become than admit that it really has lost much of its magic.

Falling out of love sucks but we're all gonna have to do it.

Carter Carter
Carter Carter

And for the record I never wanted "more plot." Those people were retarded.

Jacob Young
Jacob Young

The odd thing is though that these same people were criticizing the perceived lack of plot in earlier episode
No they weren't. I was personally just wanting colorful adventures in imaginative settings and so were most in my circle.

Hudson Jenkins
Hudson Jenkins

in my circle
Go back to anitwitter.

Ian Martin
Ian Martin

What annoys me the most is that these guys are acting like it all went to shit and is now irredeemable.

Honestly I liked the beginning more too, but I'm fine with how it's going. It's an okay plot to have if you must have a plot, still can't think of a show this season with a better one (admittedly because all the "plot" shows this season are fucking terrible).

Owen Wood
Owen Wood

I have something positive to say- I like that we finally have an idea what is going on, and I also like drama events are creating. I like that our expectations about the antagonist have been subverted, and I also enjoy the general tension of these scenes. The only thing I don't like is that the show is almost over, because this really has been my favorite show in years.

Tyler Gray
Tyler Gray

You *never* see anyone talking about how excited all the twists and turns make them. It's always, almost without exception, full-throttle dread. "How will they ruin Christmas?"

The only positive thing that I've seen ANYONE say about the recent episodes is that they like the idea of an older Papika. It just happens to appeal to one of their fetishes. That's it.

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

I think the reason people bring that up is that many of the critical opinions seem to behave as if this was unforeseen or out of nowhere when people that have been paying attention have seen it building towards this since the beginning. Maybe not in terms of small details but definitely in terms of a drama of this sort unfolding.

Xavier Sullivan
Xavier Sullivan

you must have been ignoring all my posts bro. I have seen a few others that were hype on friday and thursday too, but most of the positive thinkers have already left until thursday because there is no more meaningful discussion to have left until then anyway.

Aiden Cox
Aiden Cox

and I also like drama events are creating
and I also enjoy the general tension of these scenes
It's a tell when someone is spouting self-deluding bullshit that their language falls apart like this.

Ayden Hill
Ayden Hill

I want to fuck Mimi in her vagina, with my penis

William Thomas
William Thomas

The only positive thing that I've seen ANYONE say about the recent episodes is that they like the idea of an older Papika.

What the actual fuck, everyone loves Punished Yayaka at the very least.

Isaiah Lewis
Isaiah Lewis

Your argument is invalid.

Matthew Brooks
Matthew Brooks

when you say you like this show, you're actually lying to yourself. trust me on this, i know it because reasons

Angel Long
Angel Long

haven't seen anyone say aything positive
someone says something positive
you are deluding yourself because nobody could like the way this went because I didn't!

Lucas White
Lucas White

no one ever says stuff they like about it, thats proof its bad
someone says stuff they like about it
lol, look at this fag, just saying he likes stuff, hes deluded, see, this is proof that its bad!

lol ok, you got me. Here is your (you)

James Torres
James Torres

I want Mimi to fuck my penis with her vagina while she gives me deep kisses between insults.

Daniel Ortiz
Daniel Ortiz

The hivemind reveals itself

Cooper Martinez
Cooper Martinez

Or maybe you just said something obviously very stupid.

Matthew Gonzalez
Matthew Gonzalez

I don't think there is anything wrong about some of the complaints. I don't care about the KKK. I don't care about Salt or Mimi or any of the events surrounding them. I only care about the main trio. I see no reason why anyone should have a problem with that.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green

2/10, should have snuck in an "artificial fun".

Easton Johnson
Easton Johnson

That's an alternate character design. It's got nothing to do with the plot.

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

Flip Flappers is more than art. It's hyperart.

Jack Ramirez
Jack Ramirez

Quite a few 2ch posters seem to prefer this direction. I've read people saying it would have been more successful if it was like this from the beginning. That they prefer the second half and it makes the first half easier to understand. That the show did a good job of foreshadowing these developments and that the developments themselves like Yayaka and Papika teaming up to save Cocona have them excited.

Parker Jones
Parker Jones

I want to see "forced enjoyment" used in future bait.

Jace Collins
Jace Collins

Complaints are alright, it's when you go on to say "but you only like this because you're a stupid idiot poopyhead (unlike me, who is very smart), also you're deluding yourself and don't REALLY like it" that people start laughing at you.

Eli Gonzalez
Eli Gonzalez

It's also telling just how much of a response I got. If I was off the mark I would have been totally ignored.

Colton Sullivan
Colton Sullivan

unlike me, who is very smart

Samuel Wilson
Samuel Wilson

I can't speak to their tastes because I can't read what they say.

Bentley Robinson
Bentley Robinson

I'm not asking you to, I am telling you.

Brayden Campbell
Brayden Campbell

Yes, not only are people "deluding themselves that this show is good", people telling you you're an idiot also means that you're actually right.

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

Now this is delusional. People pointing out that you have said something dumb doesn't validate your opinion.

Jaxson Nelson
Jaxson Nelson

I don't even care if I'm right or wrong anymore, this is the most fun I've had in months.

Alexander Moore
Alexander Moore

The thing is, people making these defenses rarely have anything actually positive to say about the recent episodes themselves.
They finally got a plot, albeit rehashed from an other work, instead of endless vague rehashing of other works that came to nowhere next episode.

Blake Sanders
Blake Sanders

This doesn't prove anything other than the show becoming more conventional. It's very anime now which isn't necessarily bad but I prefer whimsy fairy tales any day.

Matthew Butler
Matthew Butler

a predictable next step, i guess

Bentley Cox
Bentley Cox

that came to nowhere next episode
I would have been totally fine if the story never went much of anywhere. Many a timeless classic pretty much did the same thing.

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

prove anything
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm pointing out that I have seen positive opinions in response to someone that is claiming there are none.

Nathaniel Jackson
Nathaniel Jackson

Sounds good, I'll make the logo!

Cooper Taylor
Cooper Taylor

The thing is, Cocona's need for a mother/father figure was hardly (if at all) explored during the previous episodes (aside from a mention in episode 4 of a wish she had to meet her parents). While her status as a parentless child may in part explain her lack of aim and feelings of anxiety, I'd argue it's hardly the type of issues most teenagers could potentially relate to and which don't seem specific to her family circumstances.
That's kinda why the "achieving growth through separation with the mother figure" angle the show seems to be going for with Cocona and Mimi doesn't feel that compelling to me, especially when Cocona's never had proper parents to begin with and didn't seem to have a particularly close relationship with robo granny either: whatever growth she underwent, she did it alone or with Papika. I guess it also doesn't help that I don't find Mimi to be that interesting a character or villain (at least at the moment).

Robert Jones
Robert Jones

but I thought tumblrites liked pedos

Charles Sanders
Charles Sanders

It was never ruse bro. It's just hilarious how close to type you're playing right now. You actually seem offended, which means I was on to something.

It does if it conforms exactly with how someone would behave in that situation. It's not really proof, it's just an indicator-- a tell.

Ryan Sanchez
Ryan Sanchez

"lead writer" quitting meme
what happened? I haven't been in these threads for a while

Cameron Rodriguez
Cameron Rodriguez

And many people would disagree to you, but of course, you'd call them deluded, wouldn't you?

Colton Adams
Colton Adams

Is Salt Cocona's father? Some girls in a Discord chat pointed out that it's technically never confirmed.

Gavin White
Gavin White

Nothing new.. Just people misconstruing the Yuniko tweets like usual.

Jason White
Jason White

Can you do sprites?

Joshua Harris
Joshua Harris

There was a write change, some anons really felt it.

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

It isn't really anything, just people seeing someone being dumb and pointing out that they are dumb. You can delude yourself into believing it is proof of how super right you are if you want though. I'm sure all those people are pointing out you are wrong because of how right you are though, that makes the most sense.

Isaiah Butler
Isaiah Butler

Literally who else would it be? She has his eyes.

Colton Allen
Colton Allen

The meme first started when ANN falsely listed Yuniko as series composition and then after ep 7 it turned out Oshiyama hired Hayashi to do write the rest of the script for drama. Episodicfags can't get over the fact that Yuniko isn't actually doing the series composition.

Jackson Jenkins
Jackson Jenkins

actually the father was papika

Henry Brown
Henry Brown

Oh right, the "u mad bro tho, u fucking mad, i know it because you're replying to me" defense. Forgot about that one.

Nah actually you're just an cunt who thinks being told to fuck off on Sup Forums is some Nobel Prize in social engineering. Sorry.

Wyatt Richardson
Wyatt Richardson

its just a meme. In anime, it is normal for the director to assign different writers to different episodes based on the tone of the episodes and what the director wants accomplished for that episode. In this case, the director had one writer take care of most of the series until episode 9- where he had another writer do the rest of the work. The director himself wrote episode 1 and 7. Rumor has it that the director himself is also cowriting episode 13.

Mason Ross
Mason Ross

Salt's dad ?

Joshua Long
Joshua Long

Its not, but its hinted at so hard it would be an ass pull for him not to be. If the child was some sort of clone or PI child I dont' Mimi hesitates to tell Salt about it, and if Salt wasn't tapping that he wouldn't have freaked out when he saw the baby. I still wouldn't put it past elevens to come up with some stupid, "she was raped by Salt's dad" twist.

Liam Lopez
Liam Lopez

director himself wrote episode 1 and 7
Not according to the credits though.
1-6 Yuniko adventure arc
7 Oshiyama pivot
8-13 Hayashi drama arc
Quite the symmetry

Xavier Gutierrez
Xavier Gutierrez

I didn't know they did that. I couldn't tell the difference.

Chase Cook
Chase Cook

Still wrong.

Jaxon Baker
Jaxon Baker

Your point? I mean yes this is not literally correct (ep 4 writtern by someone else, ep 12-13 writer not confirmed), but if you comprehend the overall plot structure you can tell the director's intention with the symmetry.

Jason King
Jason King

Papika, obviously

Michael Cruz
Michael Cruz

its normal for anime. A lot of series get a different writer ever couple of episodes.

Luke Gomez
Luke Gomez

The writer change fucking destroyed my life, I really feel it everyday, I can't take a shit anymore without REALLY feeling that writer change

Connor Gomez
Connor Gomez

How can you feel it if you can't feel your legs?

Jaxson Powell
Jaxson Powell

using pleb crying scene from YuYuYu instead of FLFL

Matthew Perry
Matthew Perry

Exactly! Everything you said makes perfect intuitive sense. Which is why it makes no sense for you to put in the effort it takes to say it. If everyone responded like did, I'd know I wasn't on to anything and just vanish back into the sea of anons, appropriately chastened.

Honestly, if I had thought a little harder, I might not have posted what I did. I was just voicing a vague feeling I had. But the response has been so nutso it's hard for me to resist plumbing it a little more.

You see, people are almost never rational. They think they are but they aren't. There's a chance you're totally earnest and are just pedantically defending yourself from a nonsense accusation for god knows what reason, but it's equally likely I hit on something just by blind luck.

I want to see where this goes.

Nicholas Powell
Nicholas Powell

I've seen some of the dumbest conspiracy theories in these threads I've ever seen on Sup Forums, no lie. I think my favorite one was the one about how episode 8 was studio mandated fanservice, as if a) that made a difference to anyone b) that would even be logistically possible and c) animators like oyashima wouldn't default to exactly that kind of thing when you just let them do what they want (see also: animator expo).

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

The fanservice has been pretty constant since the start of the series too, so that claim gets dumber the more I think about it.

Jack Bell
Jack Bell

Since as early as episode 2, I've cautioned people not to overanalyze this show, especially when it's full of cliches. It's fun so it's okay. The secret laboratory experiment children on top of the classic Eva tropes were like the culmination of their blatant references though, but it's still fun.

Levi Carter
Levi Carter

I don't think I've ever seen anyone as proud of being ridiculed as you and your "i have figured out these pathetic hoo-mans with my enlightened superbrains" shit.

Caleb Brown
Caleb Brown

Nothing is wrong with overanalyzing. It's only wrong when you overanalyze and take your own overanalysis for granted.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit