Why should someone like me who just use the internet for researching books and texts pay equally or more than people...

Why should someone like me who just use the internet for researching books and texts pay equally or more than people who watches Netflix all day?

Probably because you have no idea how to mount an effective political campaign because you thought the world chances if you post frogs or infographics.

Because Kikeflix is a human right!

So wait, hold up. The way I'm reading this is that you get a 500MB monthly nig-speed data cap (that you can apparently quadruple recharge for 5 burgers) that goes to aboriginal speed after that, and the extra service packages just cause your access to these included websites/services to not count against that cap? Holy shit if I can get unlimited nig-speed (((gaming))) and 10.5 gigs of whatever I want for $60 that's a fuckload of an improvement.

>Sup Forums will get shut down
The only reason why Stormfront is still around today is because there are service providers who doesn't care about the shit they regurgitate and just want the shekels.

If the government had their way, anyone who hosts their website can be sued.

fuck off shill

The only one would be affected by cable package modeled internet are the stream niggers

>Im a fedora scholar who only researches books
>let me shitpost on Sup Forums of how bad NN is... you know, that forum that AT&T blocked in the past

Shills are so subtle and cunning.

Present your argument, dog fucker.

I'm not in Academics. I just do the researching for them.

No arguments?

Nice try you fucking Jew.

Huh, fuck, you're right.

and why is google youtube facebook twitter telling me repealing net neutrility will result in my freedom of speech will be impacted?
google fafebook twitter youtube has already proven without a doubt they will ban user's voices in a heartbeat if it doesnt agree with their leftwing views.
net neutriality must be repealled at all costs. the net had more free speach before obama imposed it.

repealling it makes room for more competitors. netflix never had to pay a dime for all the exterior infrastructure that delivers their product. this is like forcing trucking companies to charge companies the same amount to ship concrete blocks as much as they do to deliver an envelope, -nothing.
even the stupid ass post office would disagree with the net neutrality model imposed by obama.

I sure remember back in 2015 before net neutrality became a law how we all had to pay for the internet in packages

oh wait

What people don't understand is with NN, the government has a say on which is legal or illegal (if anyone actually read the damn thing it's riddled with that word) to block or throttle instead of ISP's themselves.

Just imagine what will happen to right wing/ conservative websites if a Democrats again control the government.

>net neutriality must be repealled at all costs. the net had more free speach before obama imposed it.
Do you have any clue what the hell is even going on or are you just picking the most contrarian opinion possible?

They need to suppress isp with government do they can have full reigns over bandwidth allocation without repercussions of paying their fair share in the form increasing prices on their end.

Also cement themselves as legacy media.

i know exactly whats going on but im posting on this stupidass phone trying to do other shit at the same time.

There is this thing called "peering agreement". It is the arrangement between ISPs to determine how much they have to pay to each other due to the traffic crossing either direction. Imagine ISP1 send 10x traffic to ISP2 and ISP2 sends 6x traffic to ISP1. Instead of each paying the other this amount (and the corresponding amount of taxes over it) they balance the ledger and ISP1 pays only the difference, 4x, to ISP2.

Most don't even bother and make an "even steven" peering agreement on the assumption the traffic crossing in either direction will be roughly the same- It benefits both ISPs because the most peering agreements they make the lower the bill for both will be.
Enters Netflix. Their ISP had all sorts of peering agreements before they became their customer and most of those assumed a traffic roughly in line with the standards of the market, making most of their agreements of the "even steven" variety.

But when Netflix became their customer that assumption went down the drain as the traffic sent by Netflix, given that it is video, dwards any estimate they ever had for that ISP.
Netflix has this arrangement with ISPs where they would put servers inside their networks for their customers, making the experience faster and making the traffic not to cross their boundaries, avoiding peering expenses. Smaller ISPs roll over and host those boxes but others weren't thrilled of giving such a competitive advantage to Netflix for free.
Those who didn't agree demanded Netflix ISP to renegotiate their peering agreements using the real traffic they were generating now and pay for the difference and ***this is the reason people say ISPs want to charge more for Netflix***.

Not because they want to charge more for Netflix itself but because their peering agreement with Netflix ISP was made on the assumption of normal traffic, not video on demand. Sup Forums has nothing to fear about that.

tl;dr: content providers are all video streamers nowadays (Google with YouTube, Facebook (with their main site and Instagram), Snapchat, Netflix, all online papers, and their ISPs agreement with other ISPs were all based on the assumption roughly the same amount of content flowed either way, which is not true with video streaming.
They want government to act so their ISPs don’t have to pay what they actually should and pass the cost to themselves (and some of these companies already did negotiated and paid).

It’s billion dollars companies trying to use government regulation on their favour. The gall of the leftist, protesting s corporate tax cut that affects the 90% of American companies that have 20 or fewer employees while defending government interference in favour pf billion dollar companies. Oh, I never ...

Yep. These plans would save me like $20-30 a month.

Wouldn’t the websites try to fight back because they’re losing a major way to get money

This NN shit is getting confusing

Fuck off, lying shill.