Are Christians responsible for the proliferation of Atheists?

johnpavlovitz.com/2017/06/04/the-christians-making-atheists/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=John Pavlovitz

Other urls found in this thread:

johnpavlovitz
archive.is/LZf8a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where is my guardian angel?

>(((John Pavlovitz)))

Aspire to the highest good, archive it yourself you lazy fuck. Disgusting.

Ain't clicking jack shit until nordbot archives it

>johnpavlovitz com/2017/06/04/the-christians-making-atheists/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=John+Pavlovitz
archive.is/LZf8a

Hallowed be thy links

You people are getting really fucking entitled.

But thanks anyway.

You should stop it for at least a while Norgebro.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

He went on hiatus for a while. But we needed him. Needed his magic.

True. But I like making programs to help me out, it's not a big deal. I'll share some of them soon.

Says the EU money drain

>With every persecution of the LGBTQ community, with every unprovoked attack on Muslims, with every planet-wrecking decision, with every regressive civil rights move—the flight from Christianity continues
Gas for the author

I know, i know. Just my thoughts. Said this hundreds of times you are a godsend still.
But people are getting a bit entitled.

Your shitposting skills are really poor so i presume you are either an abbo or a chink.

Religion is obsolete. As long as a society evolves it will rid itself of religion. A very natural progression. Not to say that it will completely die out ever, just that a population inversion is currently taking place.

Umm sweetie nobody cares what potato niggers think

Yes those cucks are baking penis cakes for the faggots. Nobody wants to back a loser. We should nail profligates to a cross.

The ability to think critically and understand scientific discoveries is what creates atheists - which is why there are so few.

In the uk they did, pre ww1 the churches encouraged all their members to fight for the great war under completely false pretenses, we lost hundreds of thousands of our countries best men which forever sowed deep resentment and distrust in the church from then on.

Your god made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom?

They are also making irreligious social conservatives such as myself look bad.

Love your enemies, turn the other cheek, do not kill, your natural instincts are one of the 7 sins etc. Its like complaining that people prefer not to eat and go hungry when you serve them a plate of shit

I'd say it's the other way around. I never gave religion much thought until I had to hear the constant whining, and nagging from fat, ugly, atheists.

Shit churches that pander to browns like the catholic church do push people away from religion.

Yo what about those 7 deadly sins?
Don't they have negative repercussions?

I'm all about the laws of nature. The fucking animals doing better than us at this point. Our hierarchies been destroyed and replaced with these filthy Jews!

gay is not ok

>Jesus died for me
>the Jews want to torture and murder me and pretend I never existed just like they did with Jesus

If someone can "make" you an atheist you were never in the faith in the first place.

>They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:19

Why stop at 7?

Be me.
Grow up in a liberal catholic household. Every religion is good, every religion has some truth in it. Let's love each other like Jesus did.

Start to become atheist, as this whole mumbo jumbo ceases to make sense. Logic has some measure of truth in itself, liberal religion denies truth itself.

Stay mainly atheist but keep a natural disdain for all the edgy atheist "euphorics".

I don't doubt it. With how shitty, controlling, and dogmatic the church was, I'm not surprised people fucked off the first chance they got.

>think critically

you probably dont really even know what this means

That's Polish, dumbass.

Kind of.
Really inexperienced, uneducated, and misguided preachers lead to a lot of people having poor experiences with a church. A group is as weak as its leadership.
I know that growing up in one I had a lot of experience with boys who would brag about being such hardline Christians, "telling it like it is" to grieving family members or sexually confused teenagers. Wanna know how many of those boys are still showing up every Sunday? Are watching their weight so they aren't disgusting fat bodies? Are abstaining from things like smoking? One, and I'm pretty sure he's in the closet (if the closet door is decorated with boy band posters).
That kind of thing pissed JESUS off. Why wouldn't it piss normal people off?

people who become atheist to join a community are missing the point of being an atheist.

>Jesus literally glassed Sodom and Gomorrah for their degeneracy and rejection of God
>Christians should love one another even if some diddle kids and bungholes
I don't know man glassing two cities is a pretty clear warning

That's not how the story went at all.

No, jews are responsible for the proliferation of atheists

Think you got a hold of a wonky translation there, buddy.

>tfw no jesus christ: halo wars teaching basics of Christianity through violence and retribution
It'd only work if it weren't made by Christians.

I my experience people only become religious through indoctrination during first 4-6 years of life or self-deception during some severe life crisis. My folks tried it on me at age 10 or so, but due to a lack of early brainwashing I saw right through it. Ironically, I'd probably enjoy being a believer, but I just can't unsee how fraudulent the whole schlick with church is, how they just gloss over huge contradictions or outright get mad at you for pointing them out.
I imagine the islamic indoctrination is even more severe.
People are born atheist.

Possible. Real Christianity is much simpler and effective than how is seen by the well known impersonators: Catholic, Orthodox, most of Protestantism. 2000 years of theological disputes, fights and church corruption, tonnes of illogical and un-biblical dogmas/traditions keep more and more people away from Christ

>(((John Pavlovitz)))

>Population explosions without enough space
>The people there basically live to work
>There are no threats from the environment, enemies for the most part are far away, the traitors mask themselves from view
>Government steps in to give assistance to anyone, but more so to women, they are no longer tied down to men, so they are no longer obligated to follow the rules of the old world; if they choose so, they can mess around for a few years
>Most men have no responsibilities to fulfill, there is no collective goal or will outside of the immediate family
>People that still hold traditional values believe they still have to espouse virtues and values to those who are most disconnected from society, including their enemies
>Even through participation and ritual the messages are still empty, those who are already outsiders find little to relate to, they are "just there", they don't feel a tribal connection because there is no shared struggle
>The safety nets in place by the government, ensure that nobody needs another person for the most basic needs, life comes down to work and interests
>Even in organized religion there is a pecking order, only the most naive believe that that everyone benefits equally; eventually they stop caring, but continue the grind because at least they helped someone else or reinforced a collective will.

Not so much Christians, as much as it is the large populations and a life spent working. The modern world mainly espouses values around materialism, even the most euphoric fedora tippers realize there is no going back to the rules of the old world with the way society is structured now due to its scale and the mundane nature of work. There are probably atheists that would enjoy going on a real crusade for an actual cause, I am one of those; people spend too much time at the pews wishing for things to be better without realizing that the society we have has caused untold stagnation.

Christianity doesnt make atheists, you dont make an atheist, you take an empty template (a baby) and make a christian, if you dont insert in religion and instead give the child a good education, the child will not grow up as a christian.

>In record numbers, the American Church is consistently and surely making Atheists—or at the very least it is making former Christians; people who no longer consider organized religion an option because the Jesus they recognize is absent. With its sky-is-falling hand-wringing, its political bed-making, and its constant venom toward diversity, it is giving people no alternative but to conclude, that based on the evidence of people professing to be Godly—that God is of little use. In fact, this God may be toxic.

>at the very least it is making former Christians

He's not wrong on this point. The majority of atheists I know are former Christians, people who grew up in the church only to walk away later and renounce that faith.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm the only atheist I know offline who started out that way, an atheist by default because I never really got churched.

You know what really, REALLY kicks those people in the knockers?
If you got churched well enough, you're going to be back, because it's about as easy for a firmly raised Christian to kick it as it would be for you to pick it up. Moreso, when they go back and see a bunch of childhood friends.

Depends on a country and church, I suppose. Here in Finland even many social conservatives are leaving religion I suppose because it offers them pretty much nothing at all. Even though majority of the people is a member of the church for traditional and ceremonial reasons, over half of the membership doesn't believe in God (as a church's own research says). I guess that we as a nation have pretty much alienated ourselves from the idea of scary hellfire and piety, even devoutly Christian conservative politicians have to downplay their Christianity in public because even their potential voters think that the whole Jesus-thing is a bit suspicious. For example, one the conservative presidental canditates Laura Huhtasaari is currently receving badmouthing from both righ and left for being openly religious, and will surely miss more votes because of that than she would gain.

>Go to church for almost 20 years, be most attached around 10-12 because of the people I grew up with
>The last 3 years everyone I knew left
>Clergy is always rotating
>Mainly women and children go, and long time married couples, but even their children who became adults and married in the same faith are nowhere to be seen

Church is depressing as fuck when you don't know anybody there, or are in an age bracket where you can't relate to any of the people there, who are either way older or much younger than you. I enjoy nostalgia as much as the next person, but those people I grew up with are long gone.

Bless you nordbot

Yes, the same way SJWs are responsible for the proliferation of the alt-right and Trumps election.

Religion is just pseudo communism.

In the current age yeah, back then it would forge life long bonds. Peace gave rise to decadence, decadence gives rise to materialism, the ultimate culmination of materialism is communism in which everybody receives their share of material. Needs have been removed, wants has taken their place.

im agnostic and apathetic to religion, but man needs to forge new structure to keep women and society in check once religion is erradicated

Newfag.

it's our fault for not being deist-convergent enough. We need to talk less about sin and outdated patriarchal morality. And talk more about spirituality, cosmic awakening, yoga, personal philosophy

>People grow up with easy lives
>No struggle
>Scoff at any rules, religious ideological or otherwise.
>Never have any serious problems that prompt assistance from anyone for anything other than medical or neurological needs
>Completely miss the purpose of strong community because of narcissism and because some kike tells you it's 20XX, religion is an outdated social construct
>Scientism fills the void because science makes us shiny material things and distracts us from our boredom and potential lack of purpose

Euphoric tippers are barely human even by atheist standards.

We should be worshiping our own people. We need to form a bond not only with nature but with our ancestors. I think that's what a lot of old Pagan Gods were, old folk heroes. Kek seem pretty mysterious tho. I like Kek worship.

>Are Christians responsible for the proliferation of Atheists?

This is not a new idea. Michael Harrington wrote about this in 1983 in "The Politics at God's Funeral".

The basic idea is some churches are moderate, with some conservatives and liberals. If the conservatives try to take over the church, or if they break off and start a new church, the liberals tend to drift away from the church.

He links to a lot of data points and it seems to be correct. Conservative Christians do drive liberal Christians out of churches, and they often become atheists.

>Claims to be Christian
>Pro-Hillary
>Pro-LGBT
>Doesn't believe the Bible is from God or accurate

False Prophet.

It's fundamentalists who take away the beauty and tradition from religion and replace it with a childish, oversentimental belief and talmudic bible thumping. People don't go away from Christianity because it's stupid but because it became ugly and unaesthetic.

Nietzsche's criticism of Christianity basically asserted the same. That it's decadence and lack of message to the common man would result in a national turn toward hedonism in the first world. Weimar made Nietzsche a cultural icon, but as per usual the idiots didn't understand him and took his message as an endorsement of their destructive ways. We're following the same path today.

Give it 20 years, Eurosoy, you'll be bowing to Mecca.

Priestcraft is what we fight against on all levels. Why do you think the Jew meme is so effective? Take your sacraments, commune with God directly, you need no teacher other than nature.

communist jew pope made me an atheist. exterminate all kikes btw senpai.

That isn't how society works. The people need a narrative with vision steeped in their traditions. Science because of it's methodologies shouldn't be the carrier signal for that narrative.

Christians make atheists

and Jews make NAZIs.

>implying askenazi have any relations to nazi