strawpoll.me/11903165
my.mixtape.moe/ujnauw.webm
supforums.com/thread/151102947/anime
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_excommunicated_by_the_Catholic_Church
desuarchive.org/wsg/thread/1451491/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1482108415394.webm

James Smith
James Smith

Fuck, how did I not appreciate how beautiful this shot is.

Matthew Perez
Matthew Perez

No, it was an unsatisfying, cowardly ending.

Colton Wood
Colton Wood

this
and izetta should have died

Carson Phillips
Carson Phillips

It was shit since they introduced Sophie. The ending didn't fix it.

Aaron Bell
Aaron Bell

Nah. It was rushed and not rewarding.
The only good things about this episode was the fight sequence (before they entered "who can make the biggest ball" contest) and Berkmann's survival.

Ryder James
Ryder James

I liked it as I liked the rest of the show: action and historical stuff are entertaining, character interactions not so much.

Brayden Bell
Brayden Bell

Even though we may never know the truth unless Yoshino tell us the answer, but for me it feels like Sophie end up decide save Izetta by collect the Leylines with her, so smiled in last moment, and free from the chain.

Oliver Nguyen
Oliver Nguyen

It should have been 2 cour.

Chase Brooks
Chase Brooks

If Sophie makes faces like that in the bedroom, no wonder the prince wanted her dead.

Carter Rogers
Carter Rogers

It didn't need to be longer, it needed a better writer.

Gavin Smith
Gavin Smith

they didn't have the balls to kill Izetta
kill Sieg instead

Come on, go hard or go home for gods sake.

Gabriel Ross
Gabriel Ross

You want to cum, don't you?
DAAAME!

Andrew Hughes
Andrew Hughes

Sieg's death would have had more impact if he had been shown to be even slightly competent at any point through the series.

Mason Morales
Mason Morales

Most by the numbers ending possible
Shitty CG airfight
This is definitely the biggest waste of time I watched through to completion this season.

Isaac Lee
Isaac Lee

Agreed. This show suffered from a lot of inconsistencies that could've been fixed with a better writer. It had some good episodes, but it's pretty average and really wouldn't recommend it to someone who is looking for something new to watch.

Carter Hall
Carter Hall

sieg had it coming

it's a good ending for his character

Hudson Gomez
Hudson Gomez

This reminds me that last episode had one of the cheapest drama.

Sieg killed by young soldier
Rocket launched, but drained off magic

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

It's funnier than it is sad though. He dies because of his own issues over killing a kid to protect his country because of his own carelessness but it was entirely pointless because keikakuman magically figured out the secret in the very next episode anyway. So all his inner conflicts were stupid and pointless.

Jordan Davis
Jordan Davis

having your favourite position tattooed on your forehead

Could she be any sluttier?

Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson

This. As much as I liked Sophie as a character she didn't belong. Izetta being slowly worn down by the relentless Germanian blitz was the proper conflict for this situation.

Jeremiah Martin
Jeremiah Martin

Also her voice sucked ass.

Ethan Wright
Ethan Wright

degradation in the cloning process means each generation of clones loses more and more morality and becomes more and more depraved

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

Sounds familiar

Lucas Perry
Lucas Perry

They made Izetta too powerful.
She should have had a power level more akin to what Luke Skywalker was capable of in episode 4-6, instead of Anakin Skywalker in the Gendy Tartarovsky-Clone Wars cartoon shorts where an individual Jedi steamrolls through the entire Separatist Army, and the clones just happen to be background meatshields to look like badasses that are ultimately useless things.

Camden Rodriguez
Camden Rodriguez

That's true. She was probably the best character of this series, but she ruined the entre premise of the show about magic vs. technology, overwhelming forces being defeated by a character straight from fairy tales.
It's like episodes 1-7 and episodes 8-12 were completely different shows.

Kevin Sullivan
Kevin Sullivan

I'm surprised Seig didn't have a secret spy hiding in that alleyway to protect him.

Daniel Stewart
Daniel Stewart

The entire show was trash.

Ryder Morales
Ryder Morales

it was unsatisfying and cowardly because they didn't mash pussies
can you faggots just literally kill yourselves already

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

I always got the impression that he was more hardened than this. He didn't hesitate at all to kill Jonas. If he was so empathetic as to be haunted by his murder, he could have just put the kid into protective custody or something. There wasn't any particular reason to believe he'd leak information, just that he became a target for spies. Though it's already dumb enough this all started with Sieg shouting national secrets in the middle of the woods. The ending to his arc was paralleled right against Berkman's, and with his survival it just feels like the moral is that Sieg was too weak to cut it. Nothing about it seems honorable or redeeming.

Caleb Ward
Caleb Ward

Yeah, I agree. Thought so too when I rewatched it and noticed Sophie said Izetta's sure to die if she does this. I now think she didn't seriously want to kill Izetta in the first place, just wanted her to change her mind

James Lopez
James Lopez

I actually like that he killed him because it's actually unusually smart for a character to do that in a show. It's just that it was entirely pointless to have with the way the rest of the plot was written.

Joshua Wilson
Joshua Wilson

And end up Sophie changed her mind?

Mason Martin
Mason Martin

Great soundtrack gotta say. Got some genuine chills when it picked up in parts.

Alexander White
Alexander White

You've got a very cute brand of ESL, user. I like it.

Brayden Cooper
Brayden Cooper

I did. It was totally in line with what I was expecting.

Austin Garcia
Austin Garcia

Absolutely not. Sophie deserved a happy ending.

Luke Cook
Luke Cook

She looks pretty happy here

Ayden Taylor
Ayden Taylor

Sophia
listening to post-grundge-nu-metal punk about how apart from society she is
Yeah, sounds about right.
youtube.com/watch?v=z9FmOc0ofGc

Landon Thompson
Landon Thompson

implying sophie doesn't listen to kmfdm

Jack Perry
Jack Perry

Did they really have to make Izetta a cripple?

Samuel Sanders
Samuel Sanders

wanting a witch's hip to move on their own

Be glad that she's not on fire.

Jace Rogers
Jace Rogers

No. The magic blast should have killed her, and if that didn't do the job she would have drowned.

Bentley Scott
Bentley Scott

actually laffin

Leo Rogers
Leo Rogers

is that berkman?

Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

The yuri was just baiting

No, I did not like it.

Matthew Bell
Matthew Bell

This post was just baiting

Jonathan Hughes
Jonathan Hughes

Goodbye Izetta

John Price
John Price

Best girl

Asher Garcia
Asher Garcia

So was there yuri?

Aiden Adams
Aiden Adams

Corgi is still that Corgi, though of course looks pretty old in last episode.

Nathan Moore
Nathan Moore

He's right though. Izetta should've died. Right from ep1 we've been fed hints that Izetta was going to die. Then Sophie and the magic stone appears out of fucking nowhere and now we're getting a story that wasn't what it should've been. That's not to say that Sophie made it a bad story, but if they wanted to end it that way then the foreshadowing needs to reflect that.

Parker Baker
Parker Baker

I wanted a gay ending, but not that kind of gay.

Grayson Harris
Grayson Harris

It was...confusing.

The river of magic had so few magic that just a couple of witches drained it on seconds?

Also, doesn't draining all the magic of the world have some sort of consequence? Like plants diying or natural disasters?

And one crystal inside the missile could destroy an entire city but the two giants balls with the magic of all the entire world focused...how didn't they blow half continent?

But eh, even if was retarded at least had an ending, that's more than I can say about most shows so 6/10

Jackson Wilson
Jackson Wilson

actual yuri
in 20 fucking 16

Tyler Nelson
Tyler Nelson

Izetta should've died.
No. She didn't need to die. It's just the ending we got was a halfassed ending that didn't go full happy ending like it should have but also didn't have the balls to go full tragedy and so we got a shitty ending that offers no catharsis or satisfactory resolution.

Christian Kelly
Christian Kelly

Two strong witches with the forbidden superstone used the superstone to drain ALL the magic in the entire world. Now there won't be any pseudo-Uranium called Hexenium around.

The leylines have no consequences to the world, and are just a magical source of energy for witches.

Izetta focused the explosion into a beam upwards to the sky.

Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson

Apparently she sent the magic to space.

Wyatt Gutierrez
Wyatt Gutierrez

Also two giant balls of magic briefly touching to cause an explosion was a whole different layer of gay.

Oliver Morgan
Oliver Morgan

So aliens can use magic now?

Alexander Wood
Alexander Wood

a planet a zillion miles away was full of happy aliens going about their day when suddenly their planet just gets totally fucking annihilated out of nowhere

Adam Young
Adam Young

I wish I knew math so I could calculate the exact, astronomical (heh) probability that the beam would eventually collide with a planet or a star.

Lincoln Gomez
Lincoln Gomez

Even on BD we will never see Izetta´s izettas.

Charles Diaz
Charles Diaz

tfw lotte sees them every day

Gavin Wood
Gavin Wood

She didn't need to die.
Okay, I'll grant that at face value, this is true. But...

Izetta: The Last Witch (Jap: Izetta of the End)
The English subtitle really leaves two possibilities - either Izetta dies, or magic is eliminated. The Japanese name leans towards the latter, with a third possibility of total annihilation - but that sort of ending isn't a good fit for the story.

In ep2, we're told that Izetta is the last in a line of gypsies with witch blood, and that she's the last witch. Also in ep2, we see her use her blood as an offensive weapon against the planes. This pushes it very far towards the "Izetta dies" ending, and the series continues to feed us hints that this is how it will end. It's only at the end of ep7 where we see hints of the "Magic eliminated" ending. It could've finished cleanly in 12 episodes if it stuck with what it originally hinted, but having to add backstory and character development for Sophie saps a lot of screen time.

A good story knows where it wants to go before it even begins. Izetta knew where it wanted to go, and I think a lot of us are here not for the yuri but because it showed promise on the basis of the ep1/ep2 foreshadowing. But then it didn't have the balls to carry through with that intention, and that's why it's unsatisfying.

Did Izetta need to die? No, but then the story needs to be moulded around this from the beginning. Sophie should have been introduced earlier in the series, and she should have been a living descendant of the White Witch too instead of a clone.

Anthony Butler
Anthony Butler

Things that made me happy:

1. Broomstick date ride
2. Izetta alive
3. Corgi aka best wingman alive
4. Berkman actually alive

Things that made me sad:

1. THERE WILL NEVER BE A DANCE

That hurts, man.

Jace Foster
Jace Foster

dance

I'm more upset about this more than anything actually.

Kayden Fisher
Kayden Fisher

The story was a setup to have Fine and Izetta's relationship parallel the fairy tale of the White Witch. We start off thinking that the White Witch story is all nice and good and at this point we also see Izetta kicking the shit out of everyone, seemingly undefeatable. Then we learn that the true story of the White Witch was actually bad and things start going wrong for our protagonists. We're supposed to feel that another tragedy is inevitable (as shown by fuckboy's speech) but then our heroes are supposed to defy fate at the end by achieving a different, better outcome.

Oliver Campbell
Oliver Campbell

1. THERE WILL NEVER BE A DANCE

At least it didn't end like Captain America movie.

Noah Roberts
Noah Roberts

Why didn't Matthias just tell Sophie to leave?

Alexander Richardson
Alexander Richardson

Either Vatican sent him some kind of a ultimatum or it was his wife's initiative to make Sophie suffer.

Parker Collins
Parker Collins

I think she's already obsessed with him just like Izetta with Fine. Only difference is Fine is single and loved Izetta back. Makes me feel sorry for Sophie really.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

You're right. I wouldn't want it like that but personally, I actually love the Captain American ending.

Aiden Hill
Aiden Hill

The other difference is Izetta has a better understanding of Fine's position.

Owen Phillips
Owen Phillips

Post your face when Yuri on Ice ends full homo wedding

Jayden Long
Jayden Long

Yeah that too. Izetta's love for Fine is the purest kind that doesn't expect anything in return. Can't say the same thing for Sophie.

Jayden Martin
Jayden Martin

he was an idiot. izetta defending him was the worst part of the episode.

I get they were trying to explain his actions and draw parallels but izetta just came off as a bitch because their situations are completely different.

Jaxon Stewart
Jaxon Stewart

It was alright.

Honestly, I'm not one for the death fakeout. I didn't want Izetta to die, I just figured at that point, with all the fucking death flags and how much they were drilling it into us that using the stone and magic excessively would probably kill her, why even bother with the "pretend she's dead" part?

I do get why the rest of the world needs to believe Izetta is dead, I do, but the audience doesn't really need that.

Michael Green
Michael Green

The story was a setup to have Fine and Izetta's relationship parallel the fairy tale of the White Witch.
I agree with this conclusion, but again I differ on the details. I expected the things going wrong was going to be Berkman figuring out Izetta's weaknesses and exploiting them ruthlessly, with Izetta being forced into a final all-out effort. The ending and tragedy I expected from ep2 was Izetta ending the war (or more likely only turning the tide against Germania) at the cost of her life.

Matthew Roberts
Matthew Roberts

Well said. I think the fact that the original story turned out to be a tragedy is what saved Izetta's life writing-wise. Because what's the point of the whole parallelism if they'll just end it the same way anyway.

Mason Reed
Mason Reed

Still too few details about Sophie's past, i won't judge her love to prince yet.
But i would say in the end, the prince did not 100% trust Sophie, otherwise he can tell her about what he worrying before he died, not tell her wife go back stab her after he died.

Elijah Green
Elijah Green

*his wife

Cameron Garcia
Cameron Garcia

Oh definitely. I'm not one to judge Sophie's character given how little information we got but if I had to, I would say maybe she was a little bit loco for the prince. The prince was definitely an asshole. No arguments here.

Thomas Cox
Thomas Cox

Fuck it. The nuke should have destroyed Landsbruck and then magic should have disappeared, with Atlanta honoring the promise. Otto should have fled to Silveria. I hate perfect endings where the good guys don't lose anything.

Adrian Perry
Adrian Perry

Having your country excommunicated in the 15th century or whenever Sophie's time was supposed to be might seem silly in the modern age but would have been a really big deal at the time.

John Diaz
John Diaz

there will never be a prequel OVA showcasing how much of a yandere Sophie really was, ending with the king on his death bed going 'I've made a huge mistake' and telling his children to never stick their dick in crazies

Elijah Miller
Elijah Miller

I do get why the rest of the world needs to believe Izetta is dead
No they don't. Finé already explained that witches wouldn't be able to use magic anyway. Fear of magic wouldn't be a relevant reason to hide Izetta from the world.

The reason Izetta ends up living a secluded life afterwards is because she's paraplegic and lost her memory. Finé wants to give her a quiet life of recovery.

Chase Cox
Chase Cox

implying his last words weren't "worth it"

Wyatt Rogers
Wyatt Rogers

The bits of flashback we got (assuming sophie or the queen didn't lie) seems to imply otherwise.

Jonathan Reed
Jonathan Reed

On a sidenote can I just say how gay it was for Izetta to be referring to Fine as "my himesama" during the argument with Sophie. Bitches were like two crazy girlfriends comparing notes.

Daniel Howard
Daniel Howard

Reminder that Yuri shows like this will never go full homo and confirm anything, leaving you all blueballed.
Meanwhile Yaoi on Ice has gone full homo and confirmed everything.

Landon Moore
Landon Moore

But that's only how you saw it, not what the show presented.

Nathaniel Cooper
Nathaniel Cooper

a quiet life of recovery
I would have loved that so much if it had been true, but it's more likely that Fine wanted to be with Izetta during her final years.

Charles Powell
Charles Powell

Bitches were like two crazy girlfriends comparing notes.

Most accurate description of the fight.

John Evans
John Evans

Bitches were like two crazy girlfriends comparing notes.

And for that the Eiffel Tower had to be destroyed and maybe casualties walking along the Parisian streets who had no fucking idea what just hit them: steel bars from the sky.

Jace Edwards
Jace Edwards

It was "meh."

I enjoyed it for what it offered, but a few little tweaks here and there in the writing could have turned a "meh" into a "wow that was good."

I was actually hoping to see a secret society of witches show up, and whether or not they would play an important role. They could have definitly opened up new ideas to flesh out the story of both the world and the witches.

Who knows, they could have dine many different ideas with the world and setting they built.

Will say I loved how it turned out that Mathias was the true betrayer. I actually didnt even consider it, I was still so blinded by the original fairytale.

Adam Cruz
Adam Cruz

She blasted it to the sky. That's what the column of light was.

Ian Gray
Ian Gray

Granted, but if you're following the hints/foreshadowing the show has let out so far, the parallel to the legend should still leave you expecting Izetta's death. Nothing really points away from that conclusion until ep9.

Jose Diaz
Jose Diaz

Tank throwing was great. There should be more anime involving tanks being chucked around.

Christopher Sanchez
Christopher Sanchez

Yes.

Blake Adams
Blake Adams

Not "Burn Baby Burn"

Julian Diaz
Julian Diaz

Invent cloning technology
Can literally corner world market on personal clone QTs
Resort to military aggression
Why?

Isaiah Perry
Isaiah Perry

Germany is literally No Fun Allowed: The Country.

Gavin Bell
Gavin Bell

Edgelords please go and stay go.

Dominic Campbell
Dominic Campbell

How do you go from this

James Campbell
James Campbell

Oh yeah part was nice. Not enough to justify the shitty ending, though.

Wyatt Morales
Wyatt Morales

lost her memory

When did they say that?
I watched te episode to completion, I'm sure. Yet all they showed was the top of her head and the wheelchair.

Unless since those were the only things shown and not Izetta's full face for some odd reason.

Im guessing they were trying to imply through imagery.

wheelchair, cant walk. Top of head, lost memory.

Christian Brooks
Christian Brooks

It was confirmed since ep11, /y/

Luis Jones
Luis Jones

to this?

Alexander Rivera
Alexander Rivera

Being cucked does things to a person, Sup Forumsnon

Nathan Jackson
Nathan Jackson

That guy just made up his own headcanon since the ending wasn't edgy enough for him.

Chase Adams
Chase Adams

FTFY

Josiah Young
Josiah Young

You're being baited. Stop being cute.

Chase Long
Chase Long

Now that they got the cloning technology from the germanians, Fine and Izetta can make a daughter for themselves.

Nicholas Young
Nicholas Young

Was Sophie the painkiller?

Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis

Ahh, I thought so.

I was trying to honestly figure out how user got to that logic, but it just seemed silly.

Seems I was right to think so.

Gabriel Wright
Gabriel Wright

Realizing she had the short end of the stick with her chosen royal.

Nicholas Perez
Nicholas Perez

strawpoll.me/11903165
strawpoll.me/11903165
strawpoll.me/11903165

Benjamin Turner
Benjamin Turner

Y-You think I'm cute??

Nathaniel Bailey
Nathaniel Bailey

Can i get a template, Sup Forumsnon?

Robert Russell
Robert Russell

To be fair to Sophie or everyone else, having Fine as your royal gf blows everyone out of the water living or dead.

Luis Butler
Luis Butler

Font is Edo.

Oliver Gonzalez
Oliver Gonzalez

A kiss would have been nice but the night date was in fact better than a simple kiss scene in my opinion.

Dominic Ward
Dominic Ward

No it's not. You damn well know that a kiss scene would change everything.

Jacob Campbell
Jacob Campbell

Even if it would, the date was still a more original way to do it, that's why it's better.

Owen Mitchell
Owen Mitchell

Well the date was beautiful, I agree. Maybe I'm reverting back to my old cynical yurifag ways in wanting a kiss. We will never have something as shameful as KnM or StoPani, won't we?

Tyler Diaz
Tyler Diaz

It's not stated outright, but implied by Izetta's voiceovers. There are two details that you need to pay attention to, because it's very easy to miss.

And so the war ended. Without Archduchess Fine and Lady Izetta, the war would've been much bigger
and laster years longer, they say.
She's referring to herself in third person. If she wasn't amnesiac, the dialogue would've used the Japanese equivalent for "us" or "our efforts" or some other first person plural, and been translated as such.

I once asked Archduchess Fine if this meant there'd be peace forever. And she said...
Note that for a SECOND time, Izetta is using Fine's formal title. Ep11 ended with Fine getting Izetta to stop doing that. Their relationship should be well past the need for any formality at this point.

Hudson Myers
Hudson Myers

kek

Liam Carter
Liam Carter

Maybe I'm saying that because I like yuri but I'm not a /u/fag. I thought the date was beautiful and pretty explicit about their relation. I don't think it really need a "kiss" stamp to make it yuri and satisfying.

Liam Mitchell
Liam Mitchell

It's Lotte's narration, user.

Nolan Morales
Nolan Morales

It's Lotte who's talking though. Sounds like you're the one with brain damage.

Jackson Campbell
Jackson Campbell

Whoa, you insult me there if you think I'm a /u/fag. /u/ is cancer. I'm a yurifag.

Isaiah Rivera
Isaiah Rivera

Well fuck, I guess I'm wrong then.

Luke Evans
Luke Evans

So Lotte is the one with memory loss?

Evan Perry
Evan Perry

Lotte is just a flesh slave to the All Powerful Footstool.

Joseph Bennett
Joseph Bennett

Dont worry user, I thought it was Izetta too, until she said mentioned izetta and fine and then showed Lotte.

Understandble how it could be missed

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

special Izetta broadcast on Christmas
won't be subbed because it's VAs

Feels good to be rawfag

Liam Evans
Liam Evans

At least it was conclusive.

Ayden Baker
Ayden Baker

War ended in 1941 because of Izetta
Why exactly? What did she even do?

Ayden Flores
Ayden Flores

Involved not!USA, pretty much

Ethan Sanchez
Ethan Sanchez

Not germans got attacked earlier by all sides, Russia wasn't even invaded

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

Otto should have fled to Silveria.
Just pretend that he did and Elliot faked his death, we never saw the body anyway

Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson

I don't know. On one side I really liked the whole magic vs technology and propaganda thing they had going on, but everything in between the battles was shit and made the anime worse.
Sophie broke the original appeal of the anime, but with her arrival we also got more interesting character drama.

The best route would have probably been that . Izetta getting slowly worn down, then turning to the stone for more power and eventually becoming the demon she was fighting and eventually suffering the same fate as Sophie would have been a better direction and ending.

Jayden Sanchez
Jayden Sanchez

What's Silveria?, Not Argentina?

Colton Kelly
Colton Kelly

Another user, but I have to disagree. According to the last scene in OP, where Izetta flies away and fades, I thought she would go in hiding after the war, because no place for magic in this era. I didn't expect her to drain all the magic though. The legend made me think Fine will be the one to die, but I'm glad she didn't, since, as someone here said, what's the point of parallels if everything repeats exactly the same.

Owen Smith
Owen Smith

she would go in hiding after the war

I was expecting this too but with Fine not knowing she's alive. Glad to see it's not the case.

David Rogers
David Rogers

That's awesome

Lincoln Jenkins
Lincoln Jenkins

ne, fine

Imagine if she actually died. Her last words would have been "Fine". That's gay and poetic.

David Moore
David Moore

Well, did they kiss? Of course not. But I will probably like it, as I've been enjoying the entire series. I don't even like the characters.

Henry Price
Henry Price

dont bully sora chan

Chase Peterson
Chase Peterson

Thanks Sup Forumsnon. Longtime SOAD fan and I thought the song kind of fits.

Aaron Rodriguez
Aaron Rodriguez

I can't believe no one in this thread has mentioned the massive amount of QUALITY in this episode. This is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. A tragedy that had me laughing for the whole 20 minutes.

Sebastian Allen
Sebastian Allen

this episode
Have we been watching the same series or am I the only one who saw QUALITY in every single one of them? This isn't new.

Isaiah Torres
Isaiah Torres

He was hardened but after meeting and talking with Berkman he started having doubts, and died because of that

William Campbell
William Campbell

Only thing that matters was that anime corgi survived.

Also, I feel it's kind of sad that Izetta is reserved to cripple house-in-the-woods waifu. With all the shit Fine's gotta deal with I doubt she could visit very often. I get it's supposed to be a "happy" ending and that Izetta probably would want to fuck off in the middle of nowhere but I can't help but feel like it's a bad ending for her.

Jordan Mitchell
Jordan Mitchell

I'm sure Bianca can help with some duties so Fine can spend more time with her girl.

Tyler Parker
Tyler Parker

Izetta wanted to die for Fine but now she's alive and the himesama thay she loves sees her on weekends and holidays. I would say she'd be pretty satisfied.

Alexander Lewis
Alexander Lewis

she got to see the world where fine can smile

Luke Cook
Luke Cook

Why didn't Izetta just suck all the magic in the world somewhere far away so that Sophie would be powerless anyway? She didn't need to fight her in the first place.

Andrew Evans
Andrew Evans

Remember the not atom bomb?

Cooper Fisher
Cooper Fisher

She was such a cutie.
Matthias was such a cowardly cuck, jesus.

Juan Powell
Juan Powell

she probably couldn't do it alone. she would've died before absorbing all magic.

she had to face sophie and get her to do it at the same time

Joseph Powell
Joseph Powell

Jesus I thought the protecting someone's smile is a meme but damn Izetta. DAMN.

Anthony Kelly
Anthony Kelly

I wonder if izetta has a "do it for her" poster lying around somehwere

Christian Martin
Christian Martin

To be honest it was shit. Sophie should have had her chance at revenge.. And maybe global domination.

Evan Long
Evan Long

user...

Lucas Perez
Lucas Perez

I think they were a little too blatant with showing the top of izetta's head. Just show her face if you're gonna go that far.
It would have been just fine if they showed the feet in the wheelchair and then you see fine talking to someone but can't see who it is.

Adrian Gutierrez
Adrian Gutierrez

If they'd shown her face then you would have seen all the drool on her chin, and that wouldn't have been very nice.

Caleb Flores
Caleb Flores

drool
Fine is sexy, but not that sexy.

Brandon Barnes
Brandon Barnes

Can cripples still be sexually aroused? I mean can Izetta be aroused if she sees Fine naked?

Jace Price
Jace Price

I just wanted my cute lesbian witch and Archdyke to be happy.

Aiden Thomas
Aiden Thomas

Will there ever be a show like Simoun ever again?

Asher Torres
Asher Torres

I would like a Noir reboot/sequel.

Justin Walker
Justin Walker

sidemouth
That technique is bad enough when used to lazily animate. There's no excuse for doing it in a still drawing.

William Hernandez
William Hernandez

Wake me up when DEEN decides to animate a s2 instead of NTR.

Hudson Nguyen
Hudson Nguyen

Honestly hate it too. There, 2 seconds on paint.

Ayden Baker
Ayden Baker

The saddest part is that Fine will never get that dance with Izetta.

Jayden Rogers
Jayden Rogers

Sophie was a good girl, she dindu nuffin

Eli Sanchez
Eli Sanchez

Reminder that Lotte being the royal dog sitter implies that Fine finally realized that Izetta is nothing more than a dog, a pet.

Hunter Allen
Hunter Allen

They didn't kiss, but they went for a broom ride after dark, which is just as good and confirms their relationship.

Aaron Stewart
Aaron Stewart

What, that was 11. Unless they go again.

Jacob Carter
Jacob Carter

No, that was what I meant.

Logan Green
Logan Green

OVA when?

Noah Miller
Noah Miller

did you like burd's voice acting?

Eli Gonzalez
Eli Gonzalez

Which is powered by magic. The missle was lauched anyway but then got its magic sucked out then dropped harmlessly.

Probably, I'll have to accept this if nothing else comes up.

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

we didn't get a scene showing her with the germanian spy, telling us how she hid him out of love

Gabriel Nguyen
Gabriel Nguyen

I liked Fine's acting in episode 12. I rarely give a fuck about voice acting but her despair was too fucking real especially in two scenes:

1. The way she was saying 'no no' and 'izetta' during the mountain top
2. When she was crying and making a speech in the conference.

Fucking hell. It's been a while since I've wanted to hug a character like I did with Fine.

Julian Robinson
Julian Robinson

I didn't like it

Brody Mitchell
Brody Mitchell

yeah that hit me hard

you can really feel her intense anger too, when she shouts at the germanian officer

Kayden Adams
Kayden Adams

This series could have been anything. Somehow reminds me of Gargantia, strangely enough. Both series had neat sounding premise but kind of lost themselves culminating on predictable and anticlimactic finale where giving powerful main character powerful enemy seems more like an asspull than a coherent scriptwriting choice.

At least Izetta is really cute.

Ryan Myers
Ryan Myers

Yes actually, despite all the flaws.

Asher Watson
Asher Watson

I figured I may watch it now that it's finished, I had too much to watch this season to keep up with everything. Did they manage to stay together somehow in the end?

Thomas Powell
Thomas Powell

It's a sort of "make up your own headcanon ending"

Parker Reyes
Parker Reyes

Does anyone know what's written on Otto's clock?

Tyler Long
Tyler Long

Did they manage to stay together somehow in the end?
The writers just sort of gave up and gave them a somewhat happy ending together. Seriously, it goes from her being crippled and on the verge of death from abusing forbidden magic in the middle of the ocean with no way of returning to a timeskip 3 years later where they're happily living in a cottage together with zero explanation.

Owen Martin
Owen Martin

yeah but was it all yuri teasing or did that relationshp lead anywhere tangilbe?

Asher Mitchell
Asher Mitchell

Did they manage to stay together somehow in the end?
short answer: yes

Luke Nguyen
Luke Nguyen

They flew around on a broom together, what more do you want?

Lincoln Kelly
Lincoln Kelly

Tangible enough, just watch it.

Henry Barnes
Henry Barnes

when the bassline is too sick

William Long
William Long

to not be in any way ambiguous

Xavier Flores
Xavier Flores

They went on a magical broom ride in their nighties, gave each other lingering looks, and did stuff like face-stroking. That's about as explicit as it got.

David Myers
David Myers

They could literally confess eternal love for each other and people would still come up with some bullshit reason why it doesn't count.

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

She must be trippin' real hard.
are these my hands?

Jaxson Robinson
Jaxson Robinson

Yes because best the evil smug win this time

Nathan Robinson
Nathan Robinson

He should've winked to the camera.

Jaxson Robinson
Jaxson Robinson

idk, a kiss? I mean I guess Sophie got one but I feel pretty cockblocked

David Martinez
David Martinez

Implying Fine wasn't married immediately after the camera faded to black to some foreign prince and deep dicked to produce some heirs that Izetta loved as if they were her own children

Hunter Ross
Hunter Ross

They could literally confess eternal love for each other and people would still come up with some bullshit reason why it doesn't count.
to be fair...

Dylan Phillips
Dylan Phillips

Elliot is now the manwhore of Volgan leader?

Benjamin Hughes
Benjamin Hughes

It wasn't necessary after the ride.

Camden Adams
Camden Adams

Implying Izetta didn't attend the wedding with a smile upon her face, proud of her dear friend finally finding love

John Morris
John Morris

Homura stated she loved Madoka in rebellion and that was good enough for most people.

Robert Phillips
Robert Phillips

Karma is a good girl.

Parker Scott
Parker Scott

I'm going to have to read a lot of fluffy yuri after this ending.

Charles Flores
Charles Flores

It just kinda feels like you're settling for peanuts.

Gabriel Walker
Gabriel Walker

For me this show ended on episode 9.
Damn yuri magic ruining everything.

Joseph Moore
Joseph Moore

What happened to Elliot? Did Basler die?

Josiah Rivera
Josiah Rivera

For me this show branched off into another universe from the one where the Empire rules the world after episode 9

Adrian Butler
Adrian Butler

only found it stupid that Izetta still survived

Levi Jackson
Levi Jackson

Wouldn't it be much better for this show to introduce Sophie, but take away her magical powers?
She would still had her memories, therefore, her motivation, but the show wouldn't drift away from the initial premise of Germanians seeking ways to defeat magic with the use of technology. Sophie would've been a source of information for the Germanians and help them form their plans and form a smug duo with Berkmann.

Alexander Morris
Alexander Morris

Hayamin is always pretty okay.
my.mixtape.moe/ujnauw.webm

Christian Ross
Christian Ross

If only.

Bentley Allen
Bentley Allen

Tfw Chinese

Wyatt Rogers
Wyatt Rogers

Based chinks delivering a better ending.

Carson Edwards
Carson Edwards

Well ya bc its an echi

Colton Ward
Colton Ward

I feel you. Probably the same artist.
Well you're pretty shitty at samefagging, as expected of a landwhale.

Xavier Baker
Xavier Baker

I'm pretty much just going to watch it for that and I won't expect much else.

Isaiah Davis
Isaiah Davis

In that case you can skip ahead to episode 11 and drop it after that.

Colton Cruz
Colton Cruz

No, that would be dumb.

Evan Cook
Evan Cook

Whatever you say, Satan.

John Cox
John Cox

Episode 11 means as much as it does BECAUSE you know the journey Izetta and Fine have been through. Because you understand their characters. And because you've grown to like them and want to see them happy.

Cooper Hughes
Cooper Hughes

Izetta lived and there was no yuri, so of course. Also last fight with Izetta and Sophie throwing planes and tanks at each other was very satisfying.

Hudson Wright
Hudson Wright

absolutely fucking awful out of 10

Adrian Wright
Adrian Wright

there was no
Go away already.

Benjamin Evans
Benjamin Evans

Face reality.

Nathaniel Reed
Nathaniel Reed

Ep11 already delivered before the ending.

Kevin Rivera
Kevin Rivera

make up your own headcanon ending
How so? Only thing that didn't get resolved was the yuribait.

Isaiah Allen
Isaiah Allen

bait
Still misusing that term to this day.

Jayden Moore
Jayden Moore

But it was a yuribait, /u/.

Lincoln Harris
Lincoln Harris

No, it wasn't bait.

Easton Mitchell
Easton Mitchell

Maybe with a smoother reveal of the white witch's true story, like with Sieg's family story first, a few eps for that to settle in, then they find Sophie's diary or Izetta gets ancestral memories or something like that for maximum suffering at the climax, to make it really feel like a temptation for her to abandon the whole thing and be a gypsy again.

Come to think of it, we never found out anything about the town that took her in.

Sebastian Gray
Sebastian Gray

/u/ thinks bait and subtext = real yuri

Joseph Morris
Joseph Morris

Come to think of it, we never found out anything about the town that took her in
This. Izetta have personal reasons to fight Germanians, but this flashback clears absolutely nothing. Why the only character with proper backstory is Sophie?

Gabriel Phillips
Gabriel Phillips

Ep11 already went beyond that.

Bait is only when they turn hetero, which they didn't.

Jayden Baker
Jayden Baker

It was the crowning of the 10 horrible episodes that followed a good Episode 1&2 combination

I'm really ashamed for having watched this, for having recommended this to friends based on the first two episodes

It's so dumb and bad

Liam Lopez
Liam Lopez

supforums.com/thread/151102947/anime

Alexander Smith
Alexander Smith

Germania shown as some all-powerful empire fucking everyone's shit up
gets completely destroyed within a year

Nathan Wood
Nathan Wood

I loved the ending, and how over-the-top the fight was

8/10 anime, will watch again in Bluray

Chase Diaz
Chase Diaz

The bait in episode 11 was no different from the bait when both were in the same bed. Nothing happened, they were always friends and will continue to be.

Zachary Lewis
Zachary Lewis

Two lesbians in this show though.

Episode 11 was already a romantic date with caressing of each other cheeks, it isn't comparable to a tickling session, it wasn't bait anymore.

Gabriel Turner
Gabriel Turner

That's just your own special definition. There isn't a solid definition on a buzzword, but it definitely doesn't have as strict conditions that you are trying to force.

Jeremiah Flores
Jeremiah Flores

Touching someone's cheek makes you gay
I want you to leave.

Levi Morris
Levi Morris

Well, fire+executions is a pretty clear picture, but when bit characters get their own episodes you have to ask if some of that time could have been spent on the leads.

Jonathan Barnes
Jonathan Barnes

So Izetta is like in hospice by the lake at the end, right? If she was just hiding but was otherwise okay except for her spinal injury, she'd have been able to wheel herself.

Lotte no longer needs Stool-kun
Why does she even still have it? Keeping it there is just a tripping hazard. Cute, though. She looks like she's grown up into a beautiful young lady.

Jordan Moore
Jordan Moore

That level of skinship is allowed between girls without having a romantic connotation. If two guys caressed each other than yeah, hard gay.

Jeremiah Peterson
Jeremiah Peterson

Try it with your friends.

They definitely don't apply in this show though regardless.

Bullshit.

James Richardson
James Richardson

Because burning villages

Evan Reyes
Evan Reyes

We don't know how fucked up Izetta is after the explosion, all they show is the chair and her hair.

Logan Morris
Logan Morris

Yea, but we know nothing about these people and what they meant for Izetta who was living a nomadic life prior to this event.

Henry Lee
Henry Lee

In hindsight, one can always come up with something better than what was shown.

But as we all know from your typical anime production procedure, those scripts were written a year ago and had to be adapted and changed once again to whatever the realistic capabilities of the studio and the staff was or whatever the wishes of the other sponsors responsible for supplying the voice actors do.

Anthony Young
Anthony Young

Is the OST out yet?

Gavin Gonzalez
Gavin Gonzalez

3 more days.

James Long
James Long

No webms of the train and Eiffel Tower scenes? What the fuck are you doing

Jace Cook
Jace Cook

Please tell me there are at least enough sells so I can get an Izetta fig

Gavin Powell
Gavin Powell

To be fair they show her moving her head, so she isn't a comatose or a vegetable.

Zachary Nelson
Zachary Nelson

all they show is the chair and her hair.
And the fucking photograph.

Go to bed, user. You've been awake too long.

Parker Scott
Parker Scott

I understand you really like lesbians but you must admit you're basing all this on implications. No matter how much you like it, the series didn't have canon lesbian characters.

Also 3DPD girls touch each other all the time, even more intimately than anything the show had to offer.

Wyatt Miller
Wyatt Miller

I understand you really don't like lesbians but you must admit you're basing your argument on implications.

Wait, no, you're basing it on nothing.

You have to have literally been watching this anime with your eyes closed, and your fingers in your ears. You must admit this.

Hunter White
Hunter White

A prototype 1/8 of her on gun/broom thing from FunnyKnights, and GSC has a pic of her in nendo form on their twitter. Personally hoping for a Figma but at least these two they are coming.

Nolan Bailey
Nolan Bailey

That photo is from before the epilogue.

Tyler Turner
Tyler Turner

The anime doesn't contain anything that would make the characters lesbian.
B-But they hugged
Your fetish for lesbians is a non-canon delusion.

Lucas Evans
Lucas Evans

B-But they hugged
Eyes closed.
Fingers in ears.

Connor Ward
Connor Ward

Not sure if serious.

Jonathan Hernandez
Jonathan Hernandez

Are you saying that two people that hug are gay? That's a confusing statement considering that's not how interaction works.

Asher Barnes
Asher Barnes

I want Fine/Izetta figmas so I can make them kiss and do lewd things to each other.

Charles Lopez
Charles Lopez

Lotte is still little when Fine is talking and the photo is shown, which is 3 years before the epilogue where we see what's (left) of Izetta.

Parker Ramirez
Parker Ramirez

Eyes closed, fingers in ears.
They did a lot more than just "hugging"

Daniel Lopez
Daniel Lopez

3DPD girls touch each other all the time
Context matters. Girls don't caress each other during serious conversations.

Ayden White
Ayden White

Not wanting to cover Izetta in hotglue while Fine looks on.

Caleb Hernandez
Caleb Hernandez

A pole. Goddammit, I hate poles.

I know this pose can only be done with it, but I wouldn't have mind another pose

Charles Long
Charles Long

Yes, they even touched a cheek once. With their hand. Confirmed lesbians, am I right? Is this how this works?

Aaron Smith
Aaron Smith

I do too, and swap parts for lewds.

Brayden Williams
Brayden Williams

no magic rock
destroyed castle clearly visible
user, I...

what's (left) of Izetta
another edgefag
I should have known. Forgive me, I shall pester you no more.

Juan Ramirez
Juan Ramirez

The show had its flaws, sure, but I liked how it had a soul. I can't say that much for most of what airs nowadays. I'll remember it fondly, kind of like Sora no Woto

Ryan Thompson
Ryan Thompson

Not that user, but Izetta didn't have a magic rock for the majority of the series. It's only logical it isn't in a picture that's taken before the fight.
Old castle
In a country full of old castles

Izetta is clearly fine, just lost ability to walk, but that picture is taken before the end.

Benjamin Perry
Benjamin Perry

basically you jack off to the setting

Henry Brooks
Henry Brooks

Sora no Woto
Stop comparing this shit to SnW. This meme needs to die. It's almost insulting to even mention SnW and witchtats in the same sentence.

James Lee
James Lee

Bro, she only needs the rock for using magic. Taking pictures doesn't require magic.

William Watson
William Watson

Old castle
In a country full of old castles
That looks exactly like the capital palace.
That they just decided to take a photo in front of, instead of taking one in front of a nicer, completely non-destroyed castle.

Makes sense, user.
Makes sense.

Leo Davis
Leo Davis

They did and said a lot more of romantic things than just that and still the caressing part was pretty romantic by itself, don't make fun of it if you can't deny it.

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

This is anime, not real life.
Somebody wrote this. The things that happen happen for a reason. In other words, if they act like they're gay for each other, they're gay for each other.
If they acted like they were gay for each other but actually weren't, it'd have to be written this way deliberately, like Kumiko and Reina's relationship in hibikek.

Colton Cook
Colton Cook

it had a soul

It had the soul of an obsessive lesbian teenage witch.

Evan Robinson
Evan Robinson

Bro, she only needs the rock for using magic. Taking pictures doesn't require magic.
She also needed it to walk.
You know, to and from photo-taking spots.

Leo Perry
Leo Perry

if you can't deny it.
Characters touching each other in a series where they are not portrayed romantically is not enough proof for lesbians though. You can't deny this either.

Jace Campbell
Jace Campbell

what are wheelchairs

Ryder Williams
Ryder Williams

This post totally ignores the clearly visible aging of Lotte in favor of basing an argument around a background of a picture that looks a bit like destroyed palace. I think it should be immediately clear which one is more sensible supposition here.

Jayden Reyes
Jayden Reyes

But they are portrayed romantically, since the moment Izetta blushed to a Fine in nightgown the romantic portrayal started, then it continued, and finally it concluded with their date in Ep11

Carson White
Carson White

Kumiko and Reina relationship is added by Kyoanus in clear attempt to cash in some yurifag shekels. I thought this was obvious: I don't understand why you suppose this series operates under different set of rules.

Ryan Ross
Ryan Ross

Considering there wasn't anything homosexual in the supposed conclusion of their relationship your post seems kind of dumb.
But they hugged and touched cheek
Is that your idea of solid homosexual relationship?

Jack Rivera
Jack Rivera

It doesn't matter WHY it was written that way, user, what matters is that it was.
Izetta and Himesama are fucking gay.

Michael Myers
Michael Myers

Because Izetta and Fine romantic relationship is a prominent part of this show, it directly contrast with Sophie and the King relationship.

Matthew Flores
Matthew Flores

Don't respond. It's not like he's in denial, just shitposting. Report and ignore.

Joshua Roberts
Joshua Roberts

Glad I ain't the only one who thinks so

Colton Richardson
Colton Richardson

Yeah let's just stop discussing anything because all oppossing sides are clearly shitposting each other. La la la la can't hear you~! Report and ignore~!

John Bennett
John Bennett

SnW almost had the same shitposters reactions in the threads following its ending. The parallels are kinda funny, actually.

Wyatt Carter
Wyatt Carter

But you choose to ignore the wrong aspects. Sure, the subtext is there, but it exists because it's marketable strategy. If you are to draw parallels you can outright see this is nothing else than subtext. Hibikek is arguably even more sexual than Izetta, and the series is clearly nothing more than subtext. I can cautiously agree that characters are meme lesbians mostly because the thought is hot as hell, but if you at some point make the leap from lesbian subtext into full-blown homosexuality based on these implications, then you are nothing else than a sad victim of a successful marketing gimmick.

David Jones
David Jones

I agree SnW had kind of messy ending, but that's nothing compared to the level this series operated on.

Gabriel Johnson
Gabriel Johnson

There were clear romantic feelings expressed during the date, not just hugging and touching.

Oliver Sanders
Oliver Sanders

Surely you can quote these clearly expressed romantic feelings if they exist, right?

Sebastian Reyes
Sebastian Reyes

Because I can't give any solid proof of characters being lesbians the other side must be in denial

Aiden Johnson
Aiden Johnson

My point is that Kumiko and Reina act like fucking homos, but they are not. Why? Because the show makes it clear that they're not gay for each other. Reina likes the teacher, Cummies cheers her on.
Your argument was that "girls act like this in real life sometimes but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're gay", and it Hibikek, it happens this way.
In this show however, it's never ever implied that they might not be raging lesbos.
Anime is not real life, so if you want something in its reality to be a certain way then you write it that way. There are no two ways around it.
So it ultimately doesn't matter that they're gay just to cash in on some yurifag sheckels, they're still gay.

Matthew Reyes
Matthew Reyes

For starters, every time Izetta said "Fine" she sounded like she was orgasming, Fine also lean on Izetta shoulder after the ride too while watching the Moon together enjoying each other presence, for all intents and purposes they were basically a couple.

Grayson Anderson
Grayson Anderson

None of this matters, if Izetta didn't destroy magic Fine would eventually betray her to keep her country safe from full invasion.

Angel Jones
Angel Jones

Yikes

Juan Wright
Juan Wright

Your argument was that "girls act like this in real life sometimes but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're gay"
Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else? My argument was that it's clearly a marketable strategy to make characters ambiguously lesbian, but it's impossible to somehow deduct from this that the characters are actually lesbians. Even considering the fact the series premise, plot and progression would remain practically identical if this subtext was removed should be enough to showcase how it ultimately was just fanservice and a commercial move.
In this show however, it's never ever implied that they might not be raging lesbos.
Because you apparently need proof to prove a negative?
Anime is not real life, so if you want something in its reality to be a certain way then you write it that way.
You understand this is a double-edged sword, right? If your statement that fiction for some reason doesn't emulate the same rules reality works on, which is in many ways somewhat far fetched generalization in my opinion, then there's no practical reason why the creators didn't make the characters openly lesbian. By all accounts, writing the characters outright lesbians without any room for implications would fulfill your criteria of "to be certain way then you write it that way" more solidly.

Again, meme lesbians =/= lesbians.

Jaxson Cox
Jaxson Cox

You know it's true user.

Bentley Bennett
Bentley Bennett

So your solid quotations for clearly expressed romantic feelings is that "someone called someone's name" and "characters touched". How can they be a couple when nothing that would point out them being one happens in the series? If they really were a couple why would the series portray it only in a way that doesn't straightforwardly imply a relationship?

Parker White
Parker White

She was ready to let her country burn at the hands of Germanians before even accepting Izetta's help. She'd let her country burn just to save her, unless Izetta insisted upon letting herself be sacrificed for the greater good.

Aaron Ramirez
Aaron Ramirez

Since everyone's arguing if Izetta/Fine are romantically involved, I'll ask something else. Why so many people somehow thought Bianca and Rickert were in love, if much like with Izetta and Fine there was no actual proof of that given?

Cooper Smith
Cooper Smith

Have you never really experienced love, user?

Owen Phillips
Owen Phillips

Izetta saying her name is a pretty big deal considering Izetta's situation and position. And they did pretty much everything a couple does in a date, the show was clear while portraying this.

John Wright
John Wright

fine arrives at the lakehouse
lotte wheels izetta out
izetta struggles and manages to stand up and take a few shaky steps and stumbles into fine's arms where they embrace and the screen fades to black

That's how it should have ended.

Oliver Adams
Oliver Adams

Bullshit, she spent the entire season going muh people. If she really fucking cared about Izetta more than her country she'd have kept refusing Izetta's proposal and would have seeked asylum elsewhere with Izetta while Sophie glassed her home nation.

Isaiah Lewis
Isaiah Lewis

And they did pretty much everything a couple does in a date, the show was clear while portraying this
Expect for example doing anything that would point out them being homosexual.

Brayden Sanders
Brayden Sanders

They're a boy and girl. So, it's totally different, obviously.

Colton Cruz
Colton Cruz

The characters were openly lesbians.

Zachary Perez
Zachary Perez

Don't worry. She still has a chance of recovery.

Jaxon Wright
Jaxon Wright

If she placed her duty before her personal feelings and there was no other choice, of course she would. Izetta knows and accepts it, that was the whole point of her dialogue with Sophie

Ryder Clark
Ryder Clark

I don't even remember who they were.

Noah Cruz
Noah Cruz

When two characters do stuff that characters that are in love do, and the characters happen to be of the same sex, then the characters are homosexual.

Gavin Johnson
Gavin Johnson

If they really were then I don't see how this would spark this much discussion. Also I can't tell if you are just shitposting considering you ignored my entire post in favor of just blurting out your opinion.

Aiden Morris
Aiden Morris

She cared about her country, but was still going to do it for Izetta's sake until Izetta insisted upon letting her continue to fight. Just because she had an emotional reaction to the idea of abandoning her country doesn't mean it meant more to her than Izetta. Imagine if you had to let your best friend die to save your lover (not that I'm calling Izetta and Fine lovers or anything), you'd probably be pretty fucking disgusted at the thought of letting your best friend die, but it doesn't mean you'd choose him over your lover.

Isaiah Campbell
Isaiah Campbell

Usually people who are in love act in somehow sexual way, which is never portrayed in the series beyond "calling a name" and "touching a cheek".

Jason Green
Jason Green

Why are you still here?

Lincoln Richardson
Lincoln Richardson

I've lost control of my life.

Henry Hill
Henry Hill

This post totally ignores the clearly visible aging of Lotte
Wat?
I think it should be immediately clear which one is more sensible supposition here.
Probably not yours, bro.

Whatever Lotte has to do with anything aside (I'm really not even sure why you're bringing her up), she looks exactly the same after the war as she did in the story. It's only in the 3 year time-skip that she looks different.

Bentley Nguyen
Bentley Nguyen

It was complete bullshit from start to finish. There was no reason for her to even go there if her endgame was just steal the magic from the entire world and blow it up over the ocean. Izetta never gained any kind of character or motivation beyond muh hime. The only problems that they solved were the ones they themselves created, so the whole thing was pointless.

I could have at least been somewhat satisfied if Izetta had died to atone for all the stupid bullshit she's responsible for and all the lives lost because of her, but apparently she can survive a point blank magic nuke that she's explicitly said to not be able to survive because she subscribes to the YuYuYu school of contrived good ends.

I expected it to be bad based on how the rest of the show has been, but this was far worse than I imagined.

Josiah Watson
Josiah Watson

Define and give examples of "sexual way" because they definitely did in a romantic way.

Alexander Price
Alexander Price

You're missing the entire point of this show user. Every character realized that having witches around was too dangerous, Fine would eventually have to get rid of Izetta too.

Matthew Parker
Matthew Parker

Is this a motherfucking JoJo reference?

Alexander Barnes
Alexander Barnes

WoW! It took all of you to beat me.

Charles Ross
Charles Ross

he doesn't believe in the power of love
Love is magic, and Izetta is the White Witch of Eylstadt!

Colton Myers
Colton Myers

And you are ignoring the fact that Fine was always an exception to this rule of "People are scared of and hate witches" she got a fucking pitchfork wound on her side defending one as a child because she didn't understand why you could just hate people for being too powerful. Technically possible she could have changed her mind over time, but it's equally possible she could have just stayed exactly the same and refused to abandon her friend, even for her country, even for the world.

Connor Howard
Connor Howard

What about Otto and Elliot then? One word "manwhore" was considered here enough for confirmation, even though it was said by Sophie and how would she even know?

Hunter Ramirez
Hunter Ramirez

Something that people who are not in love/attracted to each other wouldn't do. Calling other by name and touching cheek are deeds that cannot be used as evidence for romance.

Dominic Baker
Dominic Baker

Aye, having Izetta survive a magical nuke was utter bullshit.
They also didn't explore Sophie's story further since she was at the center of the plot the whole time.

Henry Brown
Henry Brown

This show has proven that smug cunts are always in the right.

Anthony Ross
Anthony Ross

What was that old Madoka thread saying again? "Deny the obvious, uphold the inane"?

You guys really latched onto that philosophy, huh?

James Morales
James Morales

Just like inception.

Dominic Hughes
Dominic Hughes

Another user, but Fine has changed. It happened during the last three episodes and it's called growing up. Of course, she doesn't give up easily, so she would have tried to come up with something like hiding Izeta, faking her death, etc.

Cooper Wilson
Cooper Wilson

can't stand watching a couple of her soldiers getting executed
surely she would've chosen to doom her entire nation over Izetta

Joseph Morgan
Joseph Morgan

That doesn't count as a proof but I totally agree.

Isaac Peterson
Isaac Peterson

How does this reaction image disprove my post?

Connor Miller
Connor Miller

Izetta expressed sexual interest when she blushed before the tickling scene, so from that moment her actions became sexual in nature including the date. Fine was more on the romantic side with the actions you posted.

Blake Robinson
Blake Robinson

S2 where she recovers and dances with Fine, please. Or at least an OVA.

Jackson Hall
Jackson Hall

I'd say the interpretation where you have to stretch implications to fulfill your autistic fantasies is the less obvious in this scenario, though.

Angel Richardson
Angel Richardson

The method of stopping the soldiers from being executed was giving up her own life. The method of saving her nation in this theoretical is giving up Izetta's life. She has always been shown to be self sacrificing. Simultaneously she has always been shown to try to stop Izetta from doing anything that puts her in danger, and is only convinced away from it by Izetta strongly insisting on being allowed to do it.

Unless Izetta could convince her to let her die for the sake of the country, there's no way Fine would allow her to do that. She would not sacrifice her best friend for her country, herself, sure, but she made a point repeatedly throughout the series that she didn't even consider this to be Izetta's fight, and that she doesn't owe them anything.

Ayden Thomas
Ayden Thomas

Does this mean the blushing I do because I'm autistic fuck actually means I'm romantically involved? The more you fucking know.

Benjamin Flores
Benjamin Flores

Actually you're right regarding Lotte, I just rewatched.

I still don't think it makes a lot sense series composition-wise. We are held in anticipation concerning if Izetta is alive or not, culminating on brief shots of her on a wheelchair. It doesn't make much sense if this reveal is spoiled before hand, rather it would go directly against the intention and flow of the series.

Andrew Thomas
Andrew Thomas

That's because she had some stupid martyr complex, but gladly she got rid of it by the end of the series. In episode 11 they both reached an understanding of what their priorities should be.

Jaxon Thompson
Jaxon Thompson

having Izetta survive a magical nuke was utter bullshit.
magical nuke
Do you even know what it was she survived?
Were you even paying attention?

Alexander Barnes
Alexander Barnes

I'm the same person as this post I'm replying to replying to further my point. Fine literally tried to beg Izetta into not stopping a bomb from blowing up her fucking country because doing so _might_ kill Izetta. The fact that you guys think Izetta doesn't mean more to her than her country is laughable.

Thomas Moore
Thomas Moore

It's not that simple.
In a hypothetical scenario where Izetta gets to live and have magic, Fine would at first try to sacrifice herself but that would either result in nukes or germania using her own people's suffering to blackmail Fine into backstabbing Izetta.
Furthermore Fine got rid of her martyr side before she heard Izetta's proposal.

Luis Nelson
Luis Nelson

She survived something she outright said she could not survive.

Levi Thompson
Levi Thompson

invent cloning technology
have to use magic to carry your nuke because missiles are too complicated

The tech level in this show was retarded.

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

It’s not much of a spoiler because by the time you really noticed it, you’d have seen Izetta anyway.

News at eleven, the whole composition is garbage, Yoshino can’t write for shit. Why couldn’t we get Fine ordering Izetta to come back alive, a few moments of Izetta struggling not to drown without her legs and a heartfelt reunion? Instead we get a tired old cliche that Yoshino uses in almost every story and it didn’t have much of an effect on any viewer by the looks of it.

Ayden Bailey
Ayden Bailey

Not that user, but are you saying a magical explosion that is seen from the ocean to all the way to the Germany is somehow smaller than a magic nuke? Because it makes even less sense Izetta is alive. Guess it was all magic

Daniel Cook
Daniel Cook

They didn't show both Izetta's and Fine's faces in three-year-time-skip, so there should be another reason for that, not the fact they wanted the audience wonder about Izetta's destiny

Connor Collins
Connor Collins

So as they're not lesbians, they will each end with a guy, right, degenerates?

Isaac Wilson
Isaac Wilson

Then what is the reason? Izetta is obviously teased more than Fine.

Charles Martinez
Charles Martinez

DNA sequencing and cloning are far simpler on a purely technical basis than guided missile technology.

Noah Lopez
Noah Lopez

No, but Izetta blushed because she was sexually aroused as you can see how it got stronger when Fine got closer to her. And the comic of that week says it too.

Jack Taylor
Jack Taylor

They just see a light going into the sky. Not the actual explosion.
If you can make a light go straight up into space, it would be viewable from a pretty far distance.

Josiah Ross
Josiah Ross

a reason for anything
in a Yoshino show

And they could have easily shown or rather not shown Izetta’s face earlier while being just as ambiguous. The 3 year timeskip makes very little sense.

James Morales
James Morales

I also blush more if I'm closer to people.

Also all the characters repeatedly die in the comics too.

Joseph Jackson
Joseph Jackson

Not that user, but are you saying a magical explosion that is seen from the ocean to all the way to the Germany
It wasn't an explosion. It was all magic on earth being shot into space. What Izetta survived was the pain, physical exertion and life force depletion that using the stone causes to her body.

Lincoln Kelly
Lincoln Kelly

got rid of her martyr side
Bullshit, they had the same conversation they had like 6 times already in the series. "Please don't save my country you might get hurt!" "I want to save your country even if I get hurt!" "Okay fine since you aren't giving me any choice I'll let you save my country, just don't get hurt".

Jackson Murphy
Jackson Murphy

No, becuase Simoun was a show that was willing to take risks with the writing and try to be something more complex and interesting than yet another by-the-book piece of commercial entertainment. Very few shows attempt that, even fewer actually succeed. Simoun is truly one of the greatest anime ever made.

Lincoln Adams
Lincoln Adams

tfw a random alien planet might be hit by this magic burst

Liam Cook
Liam Cook

That's a mystery to me. Might have something to do with them aging and mentally changing and the story wants us to remember them as they were during the main events?

Hudson Cooper
Hudson Cooper

Meant to quote

Colton Richardson
Colton Richardson

The point of the skip was to show that Izetta is in relatively good health after her battle. Despite not being able to walk her life is not in risk.

Chase Adams
Chase Adams

She accepted that in the end. She would still cry but she'll do what needs to be done

Juan Ramirez
Juan Ramirez

You can do that without a huge skip too, unless you want to make a point out of it taking 3 years until she’s in relatively good health again, which is again rather dumb.

William Ward
William Ward

Yeah; once you get past the fuck-ugly CG, Simoun really is a stunning show.

Dylan Martinez
Dylan Martinez

No you don't, don't lie user. A straight girl wouldn't give two fucks about being naked in the same room as Fine, but we aren't talking about a straight girl, that's why she blushed with just her being in the nightgown.

And they don't even die, they just get a bump in the head.

Samuel Davis
Samuel Davis

I think bait has a pretty clear definition. Something that is made to look like something it's not as part of an attempt to trick those looking for the thing it's pretending to be.

Thomas Myers
Thomas Myers

Which is why she would turn on Izetta as soon as some crying kids from her country begged her to save them and their families.

Luke Miller
Luke Miller

If we start assuming things happen because series is badly written then we can just start throwing shit around and stop discussing the anime overall.

Henry Jackson
Henry Jackson

Try it with your friends
I'm touching my monitor right now, does that count?

Jacob Edwards
Jacob Edwards

Actually no, lots of balls kings got excommunicated a few times but didnt give a fuck by being absolute badasses like frederick barbarossa , frederick II etc. For a full list see here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_excommunicated_by_the_Catholic_Church

Only original part in the story, too bad izetta being a mindless drone she is even tries to defend a faggot like matthias.

Please dont even mention god tier works of art in the discussion of lamely written pieces of shit like this anime.

Kayden Kelly
Kayden Kelly

A straight girl wouldn't give two fucks about being naked in the same room as Fine
It depends on personality. Some people don't feel comfortable being naked around other people even of the same sex

Jace Myers
Jace Myers

No you don't, don't lie user
I actually do, it's more nerve wrecking to be closer to people.
Also I'm not gay but wouldn't be comfortable around naked men. I can relate to Izetta's autistic side which undeniably exists.

Anthony Miller
Anthony Miller

she outright said she could not survive.
She said she might not survive.

Do you always automatically only hear the negative when presented with a statement about a possibility, user? That's a very pessimistic outlook.

Jonathan Clark
Jonathan Clark

But then this series would fill the definition? I don't understand.

John Richardson
John Richardson

Sophie explicitly said that she wouldn't be able to survive crystallizing a ball of that size. And that was before they finished sucking in all of it.

John Scott
John Scott

No, the conversation would go one of two ways.
"I need to think of a way to save my country" "I can help you save your country by dying" "No! Don't save my country by dying!" "Please I want to save your country by dying!" "Okay fine save my country by dying"

Or

"How will I save my country?" "I don't want to die Fine" "Then run away, or stay here and we'll protect you. We only got this far thanks to your help after all."

Nathan Cruz
Nathan Cruz

uses "might" to avoid depressing Fine even further
survived the magical catastrophe that Sophie said not even she could survive
lost her magic after that
managed to survive the fall to the ocean
managed to survive the ocean itself
It's bullshit user.

Wyatt Gonzalez
Wyatt Gonzalez

It was when she was gathering magic. She said something like "my heart, please, beat for a little longer, my body, please, hold out some more", so it looked like she was near death at that time.

Hunter Rogers
Hunter Rogers

What was the point of the three year timeskip?

And what would the Cold War be fighting against?

Cloning?

Colton Thompson
Colton Thompson

Sometimes I think some people here just don't want to be happy.

Angel Moore
Angel Moore

It exists but taking into account the context it was left clear that it wasn't about that. The comic helped it, but it isn't necessary to see it.

Parker Jones
Parker Jones

It's all Lotte's dream, the epilogue never happened

Nicholas Myers
Nicholas Myers

To show us that Berkmann and Izetta somehow survived and in the end nothing was achieved because people will still kill each other.

William Ross
William Ross

Are you comfortable around lots of other dudes whiel you are naked? If so you are the weirdo.

Jack Nguyen
Jack Nguyen

But the context was just people in revealing clothes. Any socially awkward person would blush in that situation regardless of gender.

Ayden Gomez
Ayden Gomez

Volga and Atlanta both want to try out their new magic toys to carve up an empire because they're dicks, Eylstadt is caught in the middle again.

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan

No, it doesn't.

Camden Martinez
Camden Martinez

Sophie also said that Fine was only using Izetta.

She probably prefers to see things her way.
How ironic.

Elijah Foster
Elijah Foster

It does. It isn't stated anywhere the characters are lesbians.

Josiah King
Josiah King

That's still turning on Izetta.

Nicholas Richardson
Nicholas Richardson

People killing each other is common knowledge

I'm just wondering what technology was given since the magic was removed

Asher Nguyen
Asher Nguyen

If you think retarded writers of the show thinks that far you are late by about 11 episodes to come to the conclusion that they dont.

Jose Hill
Jose Hill

What was the point of the timeskip?
Obligatory for the end of a story.

Nicholas Thomas
Nicholas Thomas

I just wanted a decent ending.

Ayden Smith
Ayden Smith

Probably cloning and magicless rocketry.

Easton Edwards
Easton Edwards

See
Not saying i agree with that user about what Sophie's thinking, but i guess Sophie end up saved Izetta for whatever reason.

Jordan Garcia
Jordan Garcia

The context was the two them alone together in bed, rewatch the scene, those were Izetta's words, it has nothing to do with social awkwardness, hell nobody ever thought anything about social awkwardness when it aired, people started calling Izetta a "bitch in heat" after that.

Nolan Clark
Nolan Clark

I wanted an ending where Izetta dies

Fuck off pretentious edgelord

John Flores
John Flores

Their actions and interactions state it.

Jaxson Cook
Jaxson Cook

I'm not arguing in favor of his delusional ideas, just stating that there is a clear definition to use as a framework for this back and forth shitposting. Anyone who feels the need to ignore that and create their own does so because they know they can't win if they don't.

Leo Price
Leo Price

wanting her to not survive all that stuff makes me an edgelord
For fuck's sake what is it with this generation of newfags.

Evan Brown
Evan Brown

I'm just wondering what technology was given since the magic was removed

The real-life Germans thought nukes were impossible before the Manhatten Project. Now they know magic is a thing, Atlanta isn't likely to be satisfied until they bring it back for themselves.

Hunter Gutierrez
Hunter Gutierrez

They aren't interactions of romantically involved so they really can't.

Blake Howard
Blake Howard

The writing was never good enough for me to make excuses on its behalf.

Charles Robinson
Charles Robinson

The date was.

Isaiah Thompson
Isaiah Thompson

Now that the series has ended, post lewd Izetta.

Liam Ramirez
Liam Ramirez

don't you dare!

Gabriel Bennett
Gabriel Bennett

A sequel will be filled with clone spies

And I thought this series was ridiculous with the spies

Nathan Adams
Nathan Adams

You have her with you, Fine.

Jason Perry
Jason Perry

Calling person by name and touching cheek are not actions directly pointing romantic involvement. We already went trough this.

Brody Garcia
Brody Garcia

The only "date" happened in episode 4 and Bianca went to eat pies with them as well. You need airtight yuri goggles to pretend their interaction in episode 11 was remotely close to being a date.

Joseph Rivera
Joseph Rivera

The name is a special case, and explain why the cheek isn't, you haven't even refuted that since the start, that's not what friends do, specially how it was presented this time.

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

How can it be a date if it wasn't romantic?

Leo Roberts
Leo Roberts

he could have just put the kid into protective custody or something
I think that would have been difficult since he was already bleeding out, so only a concerted effort to get him medical attention would have saved his life anyway, and then once he's being doctored it's harder to keep control of him. Especially given that people will want to ask why he got shot.

Luke Perry
Luke Perry

But that's what friends do. If you claim otherwise you're just detached from reality.

Carter Stewart
Carter Stewart

I can't be the only one who thought the name-calling scene was a slight hint of sex. You know, orgasm?

Jeremiah Brooks
Jeremiah Brooks

Every single person besides you was calling it a date since it aired. And I doubt all of them had "goggles" dunno who are you trying to fool with this.

Zachary Baker
Zachary Baker

I'm not kidding, I need lewd Izetta in my life. Post witch tits.

Jayden Baker
Jayden Baker

3 people on Sup Forums calling it a "date" means it's true
Calling it a date is a meme. Don't tell me you took it seriously?

Andrew Reyes
Andrew Reyes

Every single person besides you was calling it a date since it aired
My delusions are reality

It was not a date.

Grayson Ward
Grayson Ward

That is not what friends do, I don't care what you call me, but you have no examples of friends doing that ever.

Bentley Green
Bentley Green

3 people
I checked

Jaxon Richardson
Jaxon Richardson

looks a bit like destroyed palace
a bit
user, I know you'r ejust shitposting for argument's sake, but that's carrying things too far.

Matthew Foster
Matthew Foster

You have to prove why this action that isn't lesbian isn't lesbian
Because it isn't? Rather than that, you should explain why touching a cheek is inherently lesbian thing to do.

Lincoln Harris
Lincoln Harris

It was a romantic date because of what they did, some anons being in denial on an anonymous imageboard doesn't deny what they did.

Henry Myers
Henry Myers

I have multiple cases of empirical evidence of female friends doing that. Of course for your argument's sake you cannot believe this though, because admitting the interactions you have a prior ruled as lesbians do not correlate with your reality would destroy your entire argument.

Hudson Thompson
Hudson Thompson

What the ending should've been, if the writers had any competence at all.

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

Called name
Touched cheek
Some anons being on denial on an anonymous imageboard doesn't make what they did lesbian.

Carter Kelly
Carter Kelly

I wanted more Sophie

Tyler Davis
Tyler Davis

It isn't inherently lesbian, it's inherently romantic, you have to prove why a romantic action like getting direct contact and gentle care a part of the face of other person isn't inherently romantic.

Jeremiah Wilson
Jeremiah Wilson

Why are you even discussing this, those people will even call the girls from Yuru Yuri not lesbians, it's a waste of time

Lucas Johnson
Lucas Johnson

That's not how burden of the proof works though, but sure.

To disprove you I only need to state it isn't inherently romantic, for example a mother can caress a child's cheek, and even if not directly linked with the series, it's enough to prove the actions taken during "date" are not unequivocally romantic. In other words, you cannot deduct from the actions taken that characters are unambiguously lesbians, disproving your entire train of thought.

David Green
David Green

I'll believe it when I see it, if you can't show real friends try with anime ones then. You'll only find romantic couples doing that.

Angel Nguyen
Angel Nguyen

making copies of copies
not just making copies of the same master

Parker Phillips
Parker Phillips

It was a date but not a romantic one. Friends dont romance each other, /u/.

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

the sky is black because it is unlikely that there is a star in any given direction

Anthony Stewart
Anthony Stewart

That wasn't so hard. If you claim this example doesn't count you are delusional, as there is canon and confirmed male love interest.

Levi Mitchell
Levi Mitchell

a mother can
Not even comparable and you know it, the actions is inherently romantic when both of them are the same age, I didn't thought I had to clarify this.

Tyler Rivera
Tyler Rivera

Me too user, me too.

Leo Cruz
Leo Cruz

You know perfectly well what is the case with Hibikek, that show had ulterior motives to do what they did using romantic actions in these cases. This show didn't, it's a show that directly portrays what it shows, so Hibikek isn't a good example.

Bentley Thompson
Bentley Thompson

Not even comparable
Because I say so
You understand that with the same logic you can claim that literally any deed ever is romantic and add your strange set of delusional filters on top? You cannot argue like that. I proved the deeds aren't inherently romantic and the proof is enough, showcasing how you cannot simplify any singular action to on/off scale of romantic/not. Not to mention I never had a burden of proof in the first place.

Hudson Garcia
Hudson Garcia

We already had this discussion this thread. The same ulterior motives apply to Izetta, as fanservice sells. This isn't rocket science.

Parker Fisher
Parker Fisher

rifle seems too short

it could be done with her feet on the ground. liftoff pose.

Ryder Morgan
Ryder Morgan

they are not lesbians because that's what the producers want you to think

Dominic Robinson
Dominic Robinson

i think being anime-original helps. that way they can structure the plot and setting to fit into 12 episodes without being compressed or padded too much.

Kayden Turner
Kayden Turner

The deeds are "touching each other cheeks isn't inherently romantic because friends can do it" then you showed a mother and her children, which doesn't even apply here for these girls, so if you wanted to say friends can do it without it being romantic, you didn't accomplish it using a mother.

Camden Lopez
Camden Lopez

That's like saying a kiss isn't romantic because in some situations, it's just CPR.

Brayden Cook
Brayden Cook

Not fanservice when it was crucial to compare their relationship to what Sophie had with her prince.

Charles Reed
Charles Reed

Hibike has the girls expressingly wanting to fuck men while Izetta has Fine and Izetta thinking about each other all the time, it's not even comparable

Elijah Smith
Elijah Smith

Friends touching cheek and relatives touching cheek is still the same deed, you retard. You asked me to prove how something isn't inherently romantic and I did it. In other words, I destroyed your logic where you claim an action automatically equates something. I don't understand how this is so hard to get: you're still trying to add your delusional filters to the statement.
Sure, but if the point of saying CPR isn't romantic was to disprove a statement "a kiss is always romantic" then the claim would be very valid.

Carson Howard
Carson Howard

How does that equate lesbians?

Ian Russell
Ian Russell

Not in the context of an argument about whether two characters kissing was a romantic moment, it wouldn't.

Elijah Ward
Elijah Ward

No, it's not even close to the same deed, actions also include who are doing them to define them, like the other user said that makes the difference between a kiss and CPR, touching lips randomly isn't enough.

Cooper Wright
Cooper Wright

When the relationship between 2 girls mirror a romantic one.

Gabriel Harris
Gabriel Harris

Kiss is much more direct implication of romance than a touch on face, though. Only reason why the kiss-example is even applicable to this case is that the core argument has the exact same formal structure that can be disproven in an equal simple fashion.

Christian Bailey
Christian Bailey

Are you a retard? You just keep adding refinements.
"A touch on face equates romance"
"No it doesn't"
"W-Well I forgot to mention that the people m-must be same age"
Again, the point wasn't to prove a touch cannot be romantic, but that a touch isn't inherently romantic, meaning you cannot deduct A -> B. How difficult is this to understand?

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

How did you get that out of the post?

Brody Morgan
Brody Morgan

And people try to deny the homolust. Hehe.

Noah Jenkins
Noah Jenkins

You say they only add those scenes for the sake of fanservice and that's why they are not valid to call a character a lesbian, tough Hibike and Izetta are two completely different shows

Hudson Miller
Hudson Miller

straight as a spring

Bentley Bailey
Bentley Bailey

It's almost as if he took the context of what is being discussed for granted because he didn't realize he was discussing it with an autistic robot.

No, it's relevant because it's something that is romantic outside of limited exceptions, all of which clearly don't apply here and bringing them up as if they do and the "it's a romantic action" discussion has no context is pure troll logic. When your argument is equally applicable to kisses not signifying romance, it's time to look for a new argument.

Michael Price
Michael Price

Because I didn't thought you'd play dumb to pretend I mean anything but them being the same age, sometimes context is enough to deduce from where someone is coming from. And basically you're using your apparently found loophole to try to deny what they do wasn't romantic, avoiding the point.

Samuel Butler
Samuel Butler

I repeat again, I only proved you cannot deduct A -> B. In case you haven't understood it yet, normally this would be your cue to start posting proof why the deed in fact was romantic, but seeing how you haven't done so I'm to assume you are unable to.

Charles Rodriguez
Charles Rodriguez

Other user here, you know that Izetta likes Fine in a gay way right? Or are you going to deny that?

Henry Rivera
Henry Rivera

user, I know you're feeling pleased with yourself for getting though your first term of Logic 101, but it's really not as applicable to discussions of real-world situations as your lecturer's "Why Study Logic?" slide in Week 1 made it sound.

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

No you didn't because the context was with characters that were supposed to be the same age, I don't care that you purposely ignored the context, you know it now, so you haven't yet proved that for me to say anything else.

Christopher Allen
Christopher Allen

I'll never understand the kind of autism required to watch and post in threads about yuri shows and claim they're not gay over and over again.

Lucas Cook
Lucas Cook

for me to say anything else.
Again, burden of the proof was on you in the first place. How else am I to interpret this than you being unable to argue back?

Jayden Stewart
Jayden Stewart

and confirms their relationship.
Good friends? Yeah, I agree.

Michael Kelly
Michael Kelly

I don't know man, being tortured for who knows how long does things to you.

Brayden Young
Brayden Young

They must have some kind of girl/girl friendship fetish

Hunter Jones
Hunter Jones

To be honest, I don't understand the point of this whole conversation. Well, the one who denies yuri clearly does it for fun, but why reply to him, I don't get. It's not like he would have changed his opinion even if Izetta and Fine had sex on screen.

Lucas Morgan
Lucas Morgan

Just like Aladdin and his friend Jasmine, sure.

Chase Davis
Chase Davis

To be honest I would have changed my opinion if the had sex on screen.

Julian Richardson
Julian Richardson

It wasn't on me, since when someone has to prove an action that couples constantly do in a romantic context is only done in a romantic context? If anything you need to prove friends can do it outside of a romantic context. I don't need to prove a rule because it's already a rule, you need to find exceptions.

Jack Perry
Jack Perry

No see, they kissed so we know they're romantically involved.

Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson

tfw still no artwork of alizetta and jasfine

Adrian Wilson
Adrian Wilson

We already established that kisses aren't inherently romantic.

Juan Clark
Juan Clark

If you wanted to see that, I'm afraid you were watching the wrong show. Also it's wrong too because sex doesn't necessarily imply romantic feelings between the characters. Just to be clear I don't mean rape here but some other occasions. For example, Pandora Hearts has characters who have sex but aren't romantically involved and characters who are romantically involved but never kiss neither confess their feelings.

Charles Butler
Charles Butler

What has to happen in your life to make you a delusional yurifag who's this far removed from reality?

Jaxson Clark
Jaxson Clark

We were waiting for you to make them. You failed us.

desuarchive.org/wsg/thread/1451491/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1482108415394.webm

Kevin Hall
Kevin Hall

I take it you realize how dumb the "it's not romantic because of something that can happen in a totally different context" reasoning is now, right?

Jackson Harris
Jackson Harris

Reading the points the anons in this thread are trying to use to deny the yuri.

Brayden Gutierrez
Brayden Gutierrez

Yeah context is only important when it's relevant to him, what a dumbass

Gabriel Thompson
Gabriel Thompson

Needed more Retoree on season 2.

Jack Peterson
Jack Peterson

I don't even want to watch it knowing there'll be few Retoree scenes

Oliver Campbell
Oliver Campbell

Girls are good friends
One shows loyalty towards the other
They don't actually kiss or have a relationship
"It's yuri because I like yuri and because I choose to construe this is yuri."
It wasn't yuri anons, get over it.

Camden Wood
Camden Wood

It's wrong to stab people, dude. Stop stabbing people.
No it's fine, surgeons do it all the time.
Are you a surgeon?
No, but it's still fine.

Nolan Johnson
Nolan Johnson

It was because of the date.

Ryder Thomas
Ryder Thomas

Otto/Elliot or Otto/Sophie doujins when

Thomas Jackson
Thomas Jackson

The "date" context wasn't romantic.

Bentley Nguyen
Bentley Nguyen

Man what happened to this thread? I just found this yuri manga and pretend it's Fine/Izetta.

Cooper Watson
Cooper Watson

I think the pool episode had a lot of her but the rest was meh.

Ethan Ortiz
Ethan Ortiz

Two people spending time together alone is a romantic date because I say so
Sasuga

Sebastian Rivera
Sebastian Rivera

It was, their actions and interactions showed it.

Henry Lee
Henry Lee

That's begging the question. But what the context definitely was not was parental.

Ethan Nelson
Ethan Nelson

their actions and interactions showed it.
Like when they confessed their love for each other (not loyalty, don't confuse the two) and kissed?

Oh wait

Wyatt Sanders
Wyatt Sanders

What they did is important too.

Aiden Ross
Aiden Ross

Two people reenacting Whole New World complete with emphasis on Japan's favorite love metaphor, the moon, is pretty romantic.

Mason Green
Mason Green

But I proved the actions aren't done only in a romantic context. Granted, the proof is retarded but you have to now prove why the action in question was in romantic context. Which you haven't done, outside "d-date".
I don't need to prove a rule because it's already a rule, you need to find exceptions.
It's not a rule though, as I've proven. But to humor you even further, even this thread has an example of Hibikek. Again, the burden of the proof is on you, and now it's your turn to argue back.

Thomas Clark
Thomas Clark

What they did
You're right, They didn't kiss and then talked about how Izetta would sacrifice herself.

Sounds like a hot date.

Jacob Scott
Jacob Scott

something is only romantic if a kiss is involved

Connor Sanchez
Connor Sanchez

No like when they did everything a couple does in a date.

Isaac Carter
Isaac Carter

Now you're just going again in circle.

Jordan Moore
Jordan Moore

Two people reenacting Whole New World complete with the lack of singing and any emphasis on romantic love

Something is romantic if there's no confession of love, no kiss, and it doesn't ultimately lead to either of those two things
If it was really a first date, there'd have been some follow up. There wasn't. It wasn't romantic.

Ryan Bell
Ryan Bell

The "date" is "romantic" because I say so
Sasuga

Nicholas Bell
Nicholas Bell

Don't forget the whole romantic broomride before they got to the mountain.

Benjamin Murphy
Benjamin Murphy

To be romantic you don't have to do anything romantic

Angel Myers
Angel Myers

Singing is more romantic than caressing someone's face and calling her name while on a magical moonlight escape for two?

Daniel Anderson
Daniel Anderson

Sitting on a stick is romantic

Jace Bennett
Jace Bennett

You mean Izetta just wanting to do something nice for Fine and take her somewhere isolated to tell her she was going to kill herself?

A subject showing loyalty for her ruler, and the ruler being sad that the subject will sacrifice themself isn't romantic, no.

Jaxon Young
Jaxon Young

Try a not retarded one and you might get an actual serious discussion.

Xavier Jones
Xavier Jones

It's hard to believe considering you haven't really countered a simple point, that considering your shitposting, should be easy enough.

Dylan Price
Dylan Price

people are still responding

Jace Bell
Jace Bell

That's not what I said, though. Try reading it again. If anything, finally getting beyond the loyalty and respect of "hime-sama" was what the whole sequence was about.

Adam Cook
Adam Cook

The fact that a kiss was pretty heavily implied aside, you're implying that there's nothing romantic beyond a kiss.
You're probably one of those people who think that a date is wasted if you don't get to fuck the chick at the end of it.

Ian Hernandez
Ian Hernandez

People haven't yet admitted utter defeat

Samuel Richardson
Samuel Richardson

People

Zachary Ortiz
Zachary Ortiz

/u/ is leaking

Connor Green
Connor Green

you're implying that there's nothing romantic beyond a kiss
That's not what I'm implying, what I'm implying is that nothing the characters did was romantic.
The fact that a kiss was pretty heavily implied aside
This is the funniest thing I've read entire day. How fucking delusional you must be?

Jordan Robinson
Jordan Robinson

Enjoying the scenery, the ride and each other presence while they share a experience they would only do with each other and with nobody else is romantic. It also happens to be the definition of romantic date.

Aaron Wright
Aaron Wright

Sometimes it's fun to reply to shitposters.

Parker Hughes
Parker Hughes

Yurifags angrily backpedaling
"I-I'm having f-fun really guys"

Jason Sanders
Jason Sanders

How retarded you must be to believe that characters are lesbians based only on how they are both female? I know /u/ is retarded but holy shit.

Robert Gonzalez
Robert Gonzalez

/m/ is leaking
/e/ is leaking
/d/ is leaking
/c/ is leaking
/cm/ is leaking
/y/ is leaking
/v/ is leaking
/pol/ is leaking
/r9k/ is leaking

Jackson Parker
Jackson Parker

It seems you aren't having fun. Why even start this if you won't? Would have been better to leave the thread how it was.

Blake Wilson
Blake Wilson

So you could only answer with an ad hominem? Didn't really expect anything else at this point, really.

Alexander Bell
Alexander Bell

But it is fun.
I think I kinda like you.

Nolan Stewart
Nolan Stewart

/out/ is leaking

Aiden Clark
Aiden Clark

Keep telling yourself that. Your thread was pretty much ruined and you couldn't even argue back. What a shit way to end the series.

Alexander White
Alexander White

(you) is leaking

Chase Anderson
Chase Anderson

Sup Forums is leaking

Ayden Rogers
Ayden Rogers

based only on how they are both female

No user, you were the retarded one all along

Colton Harris
Colton Harris

Does that mean you like me back, user-chan?

Thomas Torres
Thomas Torres

Ruined? I have fun like this everyday, and this is by no means the last thread. If you think this is bad I recommend you to not get into this topic anymore.

Anthony Bailey
Anthony Bailey

I will return to this topic every time until you either see the error of your ways or construct a coherent argument.

Parker Nelson
Parker Nelson

Just marry him

Brody Hall
Brody Hall

This thread is fun.

Christian King
Christian King

Yeah, delusional yurifags getting shit on by anime and then starting up the same cycle of delusion every season is funny.

I just wish they wouldn't shit up threads so much when people are trying to talk about good shows (obviously Izetta has nothing else going for it).

Adam Garcia
Adam Garcia

So if you accept Izetta is yuri why even come to their threads with people that you hate so much, you clearly aren't having fun.

Carter Perez
Carter Perez

you accept Izetta is yuri
I sad nothing remotely close. I sad it's funny to watch yurifags do mental gymnastics and grasp at straws when there's nothing else enjoyable about a series.

I guess I shouldn't expect much reading comprehension from you since by being a yurifag, you also admit to being retarded.

Aaron Barnes
Aaron Barnes

obviously Izetta has nothing else going for it.
You did. You said it has nothing going for it but the yuri since it isn't a good show for you.

Jaxson Bailey
Jaxson Bailey

It has nothing going for it except laughing in the threads.

You're not a bright one, and your habit of seeing yuri everywhere is unsettling.

Blake Long
Blake Long

You seem upset, this show was obviously made for yurifags to enjoy and that makes you so angry

Justin Evans
Justin Evans

this show was obviously made for yurifags to enjoy
Of course, that's why it had the confession and the kiss and the acknowledgement of romantic feelings, right?

Enjoy your delusions.

Gavin Martinez
Gavin Martinez

But you aren't laughing because you aren't having fun.

It had clear romantic feelings during the date that's for sure.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit