Shuumatsu no Izetta

Did you like the ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9FmOc0ofGc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck, how did I not appreciate how beautiful this shot is.

No, it was an unsatisfying, cowardly ending.

this
and izetta should have died

It was shit since they introduced Sophie. The ending didn't fix it.

Nah. It was rushed and not rewarding.
The only good things about this episode was the fight sequence (before they entered "who can make the biggest ball" contest) and Berkmann's survival.

I liked it as I liked the rest of the show: action and historical stuff are entertaining, character interactions not so much.

Even though we may never know the truth unless Yoshino tell us the answer, but for me it feels like Sophie end up decide save Izetta by collect the Leylines with her, so smiled in last moment, and free from the chain.

It should have been 2 cour.

If Sophie makes faces like that in the bedroom, no wonder the prince wanted her dead.

It didn't need to be longer, it needed a better writer.

>they didn't have the balls to kill Izetta
>kill Sieg instead

Come on, go hard or go home for gods sake.

>You want to cum, don't you?
>DAAAME!

Sieg's death would have had more impact if he had been shown to be even slightly competent at any point through the series.

>Most by the numbers ending possible
>Shitty CG airfight
This is definitely the biggest waste of time I watched through to completion this season.

Agreed. This show suffered from a lot of inconsistencies that could've been fixed with a better writer. It had some good episodes, but it's pretty average and really wouldn't recommend it to someone who is looking for something new to watch.

sieg had it coming

it's a good ending for his character

This reminds me that last episode had one of the cheapest drama.

>Sieg killed by young soldier
>Rocket launched, but drained off magic

It's funnier than it is sad though. He dies because of his own issues over killing a kid to protect his country because of his own carelessness but it was entirely pointless because keikakuman magically figured out the secret in the very next episode anyway. So all his inner conflicts were stupid and pointless.

>having your favourite position tattooed on your forehead

Could she be any sluttier?

This. As much as I liked Sophie as a character she didn't belong. Izetta being slowly worn down by the relentless Germanian blitz was the proper conflict for this situation.

Also her voice sucked ass.

>degradation in the cloning process means each generation of clones loses more and more morality and becomes more and more depraved

Sounds familiar

They made Izetta too powerful.
She should have had a power level more akin to what Luke Skywalker was capable of in episode 4-6, instead of Anakin Skywalker in the Gendy Tartarovsky-Clone Wars cartoon shorts where an individual Jedi steamrolls through the entire Separatist Army, and the clones just happen to be background meatshields to look like badasses that are ultimately useless things.

That's true. She was probably the best character of this series, but she ruined the entre premise of the show about magic vs. technology, overwhelming forces being defeated by a character straight from fairy tales.
It's like episodes 1-7 and episodes 8-12 were completely different shows.

I'm surprised Seig didn't have a secret spy hiding in that alleyway to protect him.

The entire show was trash.

>it was unsatisfying and cowardly because they didn't mash pussies
can you faggots just literally kill yourselves already

I always got the impression that he was more hardened than this. He didn't hesitate at all to kill Jonas. If he was so empathetic as to be haunted by his murder, he could have just put the kid into protective custody or something. There wasn't any particular reason to believe he'd leak information, just that he became a target for spies. Though it's already dumb enough this all started with Sieg shouting national secrets in the middle of the woods. The ending to his arc was paralleled right against Berkman's, and with his survival it just feels like the moral is that Sieg was too weak to cut it. Nothing about it seems honorable or redeeming.

Yeah, I agree. Thought so too when I rewatched it and noticed Sophie said Izetta's sure to die if she does this. I now think she didn't seriously want to kill Izetta in the first place, just wanted her to change her mind

I actually like that he killed him because it's actually unusually smart for a character to do that in a show. It's just that it was entirely pointless to have with the way the rest of the plot was written.

And end up Sophie changed her mind?

Great soundtrack gotta say. Got some genuine chills when it picked up in parts.

You've got a very cute brand of ESL, user. I like it.

I did. It was totally in line with what I was expecting.

Absolutely not. Sophie deserved a happy ending.

She looks pretty happy here

>Sophia
>listening to post-grundge-nu-metal punk about how apart from society she is
Yeah, sounds about right.
youtube.com/watch?v=z9FmOc0ofGc

>implying sophie doesn't listen to kmfdm

Did they really have to make Izetta a cripple?

>wanting a witch's hip to move on their own

Be glad that she's not on fire.

No. The magic blast should have killed her, and if that didn't do the job she would have drowned.

actually laffin

is that berkman?

>The yuri was just baiting

No, I did not like it.

>This post was just baiting

Goodbye Izetta

Best girl

So was there yuri?

Corgi is still that Corgi, though of course looks pretty old in last episode.

He's right though. Izetta should've died. Right from ep1 we've been fed hints that Izetta was going to die. Then Sophie and the magic stone appears out of fucking nowhere and now we're getting a story that wasn't what it should've been. That's not to say that Sophie made it a bad story, but if they wanted to end it that way then the foreshadowing needs to reflect that.

I wanted a gay ending, but not that kind of gay.

It was...confusing.

The river of magic had so few magic that just a couple of witches drained it on seconds?

Also, doesn't draining all the magic of the world have some sort of consequence? Like plants diying or natural disasters?

And one crystal inside the missile could destroy an entire city but the two giants balls with the magic of all the entire world focused...how didn't they blow half continent?

But eh, even if was retarded at least had an ending, that's more than I can say about most shows so 6/10

>actual yuri
>in 20 fucking 16

>Izetta should've died.
No. She didn't need to die. It's just the ending we got was a halfassed ending that didn't go full happy ending like it should have but also didn't have the balls to go full tragedy and so we got a shitty ending that offers no catharsis or satisfactory resolution.

Two strong witches with the forbidden superstone used the superstone to drain ALL the magic in the entire world. Now there won't be any pseudo-Uranium called Hexenium around.

The leylines have no consequences to the world, and are just a magical source of energy for witches.

Izetta focused the explosion into a beam upwards to the sky.

Apparently she sent the magic to space.

Also two giant balls of magic briefly touching to cause an explosion was a whole different layer of gay.

So aliens can use magic now?

>a planet a zillion miles away was full of happy aliens going about their day when suddenly their planet just gets totally fucking annihilated out of nowhere

I wish I knew math so I could calculate the exact, astronomical (heh) probability that the beam would eventually collide with a planet or a star.

Even on BD we will never see Izetta´s izettas.

>tfw lotte sees them every day

>She didn't need to die.
Okay, I'll grant that at face value, this is true. But...

>Izetta: The Last Witch (Jap: Izetta of the End)
The English subtitle really leaves two possibilities - either Izetta dies, or magic is eliminated. The Japanese name leans towards the latter, with a third possibility of total annihilation - but that sort of ending isn't a good fit for the story.

In ep2, we're told that Izetta is the last in a line of gypsies with witch blood, and that she's the last witch. Also in ep2, we see her use her blood as an offensive weapon against the planes. This pushes it very far towards the "Izetta dies" ending, and the series continues to feed us hints that this is how it will end. It's only at the end of ep7 where we see hints of the "Magic eliminated" ending. It could've finished cleanly in 12 episodes if it stuck with what it originally hinted, but having to add backstory and character development for Sophie saps a lot of screen time.

A good story knows where it wants to go before it even begins. Izetta knew where it wanted to go, and I think a lot of us are here not for the yuri but because it showed promise on the basis of the ep1/ep2 foreshadowing. But then it didn't have the balls to carry through with that intention, and that's why it's unsatisfying.

Did Izetta need to die? No, but then the story needs to be moulded around this from the beginning. Sophie should have been introduced earlier in the series, and she should have been a living descendant of the White Witch too instead of a clone.

Things that made me happy:

1. Broomstick date ride
2. Izetta alive
3. Corgi aka best wingman alive
4. Berkman actually alive

Things that made me sad:

1. THERE WILL NEVER BE A DANCE

That hurts, man.

>dance

I'm more upset about this more than anything actually.

The story was a setup to have Fine and Izetta's relationship parallel the fairy tale of the White Witch. We start off thinking that the White Witch story is all nice and good and at this point we also see Izetta kicking the shit out of everyone, seemingly undefeatable. Then we learn that the true story of the White Witch was actually bad and things start going wrong for our protagonists. We're supposed to feel that another tragedy is inevitable (as shown by fuckboy's speech) but then our heroes are supposed to defy fate at the end by achieving a different, better outcome.

>1. THERE WILL NEVER BE A DANCE

At least it didn't end like Captain America movie.

Why didn't Matthias just tell Sophie to leave?

Either Vatican sent him some kind of a ultimatum or it was his wife's initiative to make Sophie suffer.

I think she's already obsessed with him just like Izetta with Fine. Only difference is Fine is single and loved Izetta back. Makes me feel sorry for Sophie really.

You're right. I wouldn't want it like that but personally, I actually love the Captain American ending.

The other difference is Izetta has a better understanding of Fine's position.

Post your face when Yuri on Ice ends full homo wedding

Yeah that too. Izetta's love for Fine is the purest kind that doesn't expect anything in return. Can't say the same thing for Sophie.

he was an idiot. izetta defending him was the worst part of the episode.

I get they were trying to explain his actions and draw parallels but izetta just came off as a bitch because their situations are completely different.

It was alright.

Honestly, I'm not one for the death fakeout. I didn't want Izetta to die, I just figured at that point, with all the fucking death flags and how much they were drilling it into us that using the stone and magic excessively would probably kill her, why even bother with the "pretend she's dead" part?

I do get why the rest of the world needs to believe Izetta is dead, I do, but the audience doesn't really need that.

>The story was a setup to have Fine and Izetta's relationship parallel the fairy tale of the White Witch.
I agree with this conclusion, but again I differ on the details. I expected the things going wrong was going to be Berkman figuring out Izetta's weaknesses and exploiting them ruthlessly, with Izetta being forced into a final all-out effort. The ending and tragedy I expected from ep2 was Izetta ending the war (or more likely only turning the tide against Germania) at the cost of her life.

Well said. I think the fact that the original story turned out to be a tragedy is what saved Izetta's life writing-wise. Because what's the point of the whole parallelism if they'll just end it the same way anyway.

Still too few details about Sophie's past, i won't judge her love to prince yet.
But i would say in the end, the prince did not 100% trust Sophie, otherwise he can tell her about what he worrying before he died, not tell her wife go back stab her after he died.

*his wife

Oh definitely. I'm not one to judge Sophie's character given how little information we got but if I had to, I would say maybe she was a little bit loco for the prince. The prince was definitely an asshole. No arguments here.

Fuck it. The nuke should have destroyed Landsbruck and then magic should have disappeared, with Atlanta honoring the promise. Otto should have fled to Silveria. I hate perfect endings where the good guys don't lose anything.

Having your country excommunicated in the 15th century or whenever Sophie's time was supposed to be might seem silly in the modern age but would have been a really big deal at the time.

>there will never be a prequel OVA showcasing how much of a yandere Sophie really was, ending with the king on his death bed going 'I've made a huge mistake' and telling his children to never stick their dick in crazies

>I do get why the rest of the world needs to believe Izetta is dead
No they don't. Finé already explained that witches wouldn't be able to use magic anyway. Fear of magic wouldn't be a relevant reason to hide Izetta from the world.

The reason Izetta ends up living a secluded life afterwards is because she's paraplegic and lost her memory. Finé wants to give her a quiet life of recovery.

>implying his last words weren't "worth it"

The bits of flashback we got (assuming sophie or the queen didn't lie) seems to imply otherwise.

On a sidenote can I just say how gay it was for Izetta to be referring to Fine as "my himesama" during the argument with Sophie. Bitches were like two crazy girlfriends comparing notes.

Reminder that Yuri shows like this will never go full homo and confirm anything, leaving you all blueballed.
Meanwhile Yaoi on Ice has gone full homo and confirmed everything.

But that's only how you saw it, not what the show presented.

>a quiet life of recovery
I would have loved that so much if it had been true, but it's more likely that Fine wanted to be with Izetta during her final years.

>Bitches were like two crazy girlfriends comparing notes.

Most accurate description of the fight.

>Bitches were like two crazy girlfriends comparing notes.

And for that the Eiffel Tower had to be destroyed and maybe casualties walking along the Parisian streets who had no fucking idea what just hit them: steel bars from the sky.

It was "meh."

I enjoyed it for what it offered, but a few little tweaks here and there in the writing could have turned a "meh" into a "wow that was good."

I was actually hoping to see a secret society of witches show up, and whether or not they would play an important role. They could have definitly opened up new ideas to flesh out the story of both the world and the witches.

Who knows, they could have dine many different ideas with the world and setting they built.

Will say I loved how it turned out that Mathias was the true betrayer. I actually didnt even consider it, I was still so blinded by the original fairytale.

She blasted it to the sky. That's what the column of light was.

Granted, but if you're following the hints/foreshadowing the show has let out so far, the parallel to the legend should still leave you expecting Izetta's death. Nothing really points away from that conclusion until ep9.