Why is this allowed?

Jaxson Moore
Jaxson Moore

Only available version of Kimi no Na wa. is a Chinese 480p DVD rip with hardcoded English and Chinese subs

Why is this allowed?

All urls found in this thread:

manga.tokyo/report/interview-with-makoto-shinkai-director-of-kimi-no-na-wa/
animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2011-08-16/interview-makoto-shinkai
site.animeuknews.info/2016/11/09/an-interview-with-makoto-shinkai/
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/your-name-the-japanese-anime-about-body-swapping-teens
hollywoodreporter.com/news/makoto-shinkai-his-anime-hit-your-name-being-called-new-hayao-miyazaki-q-a-941646
mainichi.jp/english/articles/20161020/p2a/00m/0et/020000c
manga.tokyo/report/kimi-no-na-wa-korean-fans-gets-excited-by-the-official-screening-at-busan-international-film-festival/
manga.tokyo/report/kimi-no-na-wa-radwimps-appears-and-sings-at-a-smash-hit-thanksgiving-event/
manga.tokyo/report/interview-with-ryunosuke-kamiki/
manga.tokyo/report/interview-with-nobunaga-shimazaki-as-tsukasa-fujii-on-kimi-no-na-wa/
amusingplanet.com/2015/03/ancient-tsunami-warnings-carved-in.html
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/century-old-warnings-against-tsunamis-dot-japans-coastline-180956448/
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
youtube.com/watch?v=H8UImxlaFm4
bbc.com/news/world-asia-38246184
news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/1219/blnews_161219_3913077660.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: ne/diAL (はてなブックマーク - 人気エントリー)
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=798629
a.uguu.se/Ha5sl287aIMB_baka_user.flac
nippon.com/en/people/e00107/
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
yournamethemovie.co.uk
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
bbc.com/culture/story/20161215-the-10-best-films-of-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=s0wTdCQoc2k

Ayden Cruz
Ayden Cruz

Watch in cinemas faglord.

Sage

Anthony Sanchez
Anthony Sanchez

When's the bd coming out?

Evan Nguyen
Evan Nguyen

Wait for the BD's

Ethan Mitchell
Ethan Mitchell

Next summer.

Luke Jones
Luke Jones

It was probably leaked on purpose to prevent an even worse camrip being made. At last you can enjoy the movie with the DVD screener.

It had a good effect. Still number one on MAL.

William Hill
William Hill

It's going to take that long? Fucking hell

Hunter Brown
Hunter Brown

It's also available in cinemas in all first-world countries. Problem?

Gabriel Fisher
Gabriel Fisher

They're going to milk it in cinemas as long as possible, and I don't blame them.

Brandon Bennett
Brandon Bennett

Why is this allowed?
It's almost like the move is currently running in theathers and a commercial release isn't planned until summer 2017.

I can't believe someone is this fucking retarded. Are you literally 2 years old?

Ayden Martin
Ayden Martin

If it's screening in your local cinemas, watch it there. It's just almost 2 hours user. Get out for once.

Ryan Cooper
Ryan Cooper

going alone to the movies
to watch anime
I'd spill so much spaghetti

Charles Diaz
Charles Diaz

not going alone to the cinema

Angel Hall
Angel Hall

Okay, I'm convinced. Imma call my imouto and ask her to go on a date and watch this.

Charles Perry
Charles Perry

HURR DURR BECAUSE THE FUCKING BDS ARENT OUT YET?

Xavier Wilson
Xavier Wilson

Why not?
Are Nisekoi worth reading?

Landon Cooper
Landon Cooper

screening in your local cinemas
in US
Life is suffering.

Julian Moore
Julian Moore

Are Nisekoi worth reading

What? That caught me off-guard.

Jace Hernandez
Jace Hernandez

Is this like only fucking country where it did not run even once?
It hurts being europefag.

Anthony Mitchell
Anthony Mitchell

go to movie alone
cute grill sits right next to you
she's also alone
you can pretend she's your shy girlfriend until movie ends

or you could try your luck and try to talk to her

John King
John King

This. Funimation is Oscar baiting with it, so unless you live in Los Angeles there's no way for Americans to have seen a non-shit quality release yet. They were teasing this when I saw Shin Godzilla back in October so why it's delayed remains a mystery to me.

Cameron Lopez
Cameron Lopez

No singles allowed policy, I can't get in.

Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell

what?

Brayden Perez
Brayden Perez

It doesn't air in SK, not like I would pay to watch this overhyped piece of shit. I'll just skip through the Chinese camrip, that's the best it deserves.

Xavier Walker
Xavier Walker

But it's embarassing

Josiah Scott
Josiah Scott

Skipped through the camrip.
The art looks like shit, it looks worse than some TV anime.
The plot seems to be slow and boring as fuck.

So this is liked be literal autist weebs who think Ghibli and Naruto are the best anime, right?

Kayden Ramirez
Kayden Ramirez

It honestly surprised me that the screener was THAT bad. When screeners are leaked, usually it's a 720p version. Most screeners also don't have that many watermarks. And finally, most people who upload screeners are not retarded enough to leave in hard-coded subtitles.

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

I went to the theatre alone because "LOL WHO WANTS TO WATCH CHINESE CARTOONS YOU ARE AN ADULT" to watch Kimi no Na wa and it was packed!

And by coincidence I sat beside someone I worked with previously and she had a ton of qt3.14 friends. I have to admit that I spilled a bit of spaghetti since I kind of had a bit of history with her.

William Miller
William Miller

This is why I won't go watch it in a theater because I'll be surrounded by normalfags who think they are weeaboos.

Samuel Brooks
Samuel Brooks

I guess it depends on where you live, user.

Over here you can't tell the difference between weebs and normies since most normies here consume Japanese everything like ovens consume Jews back in WW2.

Wyatt Young
Wyatt Young

All first world countries

Cooper Nguyen
Cooper Nguyen

It's also available in cinemas in all first-world countries.
then how is it screening in USA?

Luke Rivera
Luke Rivera

it's been 3 years and then some since I've been to a movie theatre
is this so good it's worth going (when it comes out here in january) even tho it may be horribly dubbed?

Benjamin Cooper
Benjamin Cooper

If you like Ghibli trash then it's probably worth, for you. Else it seems to be generic garbage with meh visuals. Do you really think all the normalfags would like it if it was actually good and not utter shit?

Michael Hernandez
Michael Hernandez

Welcome to Chinese cartoons. They always do this.

Aaron Barnes
Aaron Barnes

If you're watching it dubbed you should just set your cash ablaze now.

Julian Roberts
Julian Roberts

Third world countries too

Matthew Gomez
Matthew Gomez

Go hunt down a subbed showing. They exist.

William Brown
William Brown

Are you guys really that anti-social that you can't even fathom to go to the cinema and watch?

I saw different kinds of people watching this.

I saw a man who was still dressed in business attire went in alone. Obviously came after work. No, he looked normal actually, around 30 something, but doesn't even look like a nerd. I saw couples of course. I saw also one girl go in, kinda pretty in a sense. You wouldn't think she was fan of anime. Only reason I knew she was a fan was because her phone wallpaper had One Piece on it.

It was late night showing as well but it was still packed.

You fucks really think people care about you in there watching? Jesus.

I went with my brother. Two tall guys (for our country) watching this. Fuck if we care what people thought. We wanted to watch it.

Angel Lee
Angel Lee

I went alone twice, both times got talking to some of the other people on there. I even started talking to this Flip dude about Hibikek.

Christopher Smith
Christopher Smith

Popcorns are expensive

Hunter Cook
Hunter Cook

You fucks really think people care about you in there watching? Jesus.
One of the problems user sperglords have is thinking everyone is watching them, everyone is out to get them, everyone is always judging them, it's all about them, because they take their self hatred and project it onto everyone else.

Ian Mitchell
Ian Mitchell

At the core of it, it's the belief that one's shit is fucking important that everyone will judge them for it.

Are you guys really that anti-social that you can't even fathom to go to the cinema and watch?

I live in South-central Wyoming What movie theater should I go to?

Evan Myers
Evan Myers

Germany
Tolerating anything but punctuality

I believe they still employ the rack for the tardy.

Jordan Wood
Jordan Wood

I wish I could even watch it in the cinemas. There are no cinemas where I live with this movie. And I see everyone talking good shit about it.

Grayson Jones
Grayson Jones

Why does Sup Forums act like this is the best thing? Are people actually watching the 480 shit?

Lincoln Gomez
Lincoln Gomez

I'd go see it in theaters but I can't find where its playing

Josiah Jenkins
Josiah Jenkins

Just wait for fucks sake. There will be a good release within the next few months. There's plenty other movies to watch until then. Why spoil the enjoyment with a terrible camrip?

Jeremiah Sullivan
Jeremiah Sullivan

Its delayed because they are making insane cinema money obviously

Carter King
Carter King

I feel bad for fucks that watched this in the 480 cam rip, I got tempted but hold on until they showed it in my local cinemas, watching this in the big screen with a packed cinema is one of the best experiences i had watching a movie, many people were crying by the end.

Jayden Perez
Jayden Perez

As soon as the BD is out ill cut the film at 60minutes and never even admit that the last 30-40 minutes exist. Up until that point it was almost perfect.

Charles Morales
Charles Morales

SEA, Taiwan, Australia, UK some of EU, and LA fags watched this already.

Julian Barnes
Julian Barnes

More like
doesn't screen at TIFF or OIAF
doesn't screen anywhere except shitty random festivals or third world countries
doesn't release until January when it's fucking -20C outside
the release will be a dub
Why is this allowed? How can funi be this retarded and still be in business?

David Garcia
David Garcia

I saw it at a film festival months ago pleb

Jason Ross
Jason Ross

Your comment doenst even make any sense. If anything, watching the 480p rip would make people point out that the movie has flaws because they arent being distracted by the gorgeous visuals.

Brody Torres
Brody Torres

It's not a cam, it's a screener.

Austin Nguyen
Austin Nguyen

You'll have to wait for the general US release around February next year.

Samuel Clark
Samuel Clark

Also, China.

Cameron Butler
Cameron Butler

I'm seeing this for the fourth time tomorrow afternoon.

It's so worth seeing in theatres, on a giant screen, not on your same old computer screen/TV.

Hunter Brooks
Hunter Brooks

fourth time
Are you not going to stop until the whole movie has been burned into your retinas or something?

Thomas Ward
Thomas Ward

Why'd he kick her off the bike?

Mason Walker
Mason Walker

He liked Mitsuha (one-sidedly).

Adam Thompson
Adam Thompson

I hope so, thirteenth time still isn't enough.

Leo Roberts
Leo Roberts

it's showing in a cinema near me
too beta to go see it alone

Zachary Phillips
Zachary Phillips

Do it asshole, nobody gives a shit about some lone ranger going to see a meme movie alone. Nobody there knows your name or will remember your face, they have better things to do.

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

Theres a chink that watched it like 15 times, and he still is planning to watch it.

Jayden Young
Jayden Young

Do it, it is amazing in a packed Cinema.

Jose King
Jose King

See This. No one would give a single shit about you, just do it.

Caleb Thomas
Caleb Thomas

So why didn't he invite Mitsuha onto the bike? And allow Saya on in the first place?

William Rivera
William Rivera

He thinks he lives in a harem comedy

James Green
James Green

Tessie home is closer to Sayajin. And they're childhood friends. So he take Sayajin first. It's a normal things. But he didn't want Mitsuha to misunderstood so he kicked Sayajin off the bike when he saw his crush. (Too bad Mitsuha shipped him with Sayajin). The reasons why he didn't invite Mitsuha are
1) He is a cherry boy. Not brave enough to ask.
2) They all are friends.
3) They can just take their time walking.

Noah Rodriguez
Noah Rodriguez

watched yesterday
feels so empty inside
want to watch it again

Matthew Brooks
Matthew Brooks

Wear a dad cap low to your face as a disguise until the movie starts, then heighten it so you can actually view it. No one will look at you, they're too busy watching the movie.

Alexander Green
Alexander Green

That's happened to me for weeks. I plan to watch it until there's no more screening in my neighborhood.

Levi Sanders
Levi Sanders

If you can not go see a movie you want to see alone, then you must not really want to see the movie.

Alexander Diaz
Alexander Diaz

Seeing movies alone doesn't bother me, I just can't find anywhere it's playing. Which is upsetting because I saw an ad for it at Shin Godzilla, but they had no upcoming showings.

Liam Turner
Liam Turner

I streamed it with decent quality and I must say that it is not worth paying money for. I was still good, though.

Benjamin Roberts
Benjamin Roberts

No one will ever believe me (well, not all the story) but this is my blog:

Went to watch a Kimi no Na wa screening with my japanese girlfriend
In Mexico City
The cinema, the only one projecting It, turned out to be screening LITERALLY the DVDSCREENER you can find in any torrent site
Yes, the one with the anti theft watermark and and hardcodded english / chinese subs + frame counter

The japanese ambassador in Mexico was also there, along with his wife. This was an special screening for a japanese festival that was happening back then. Fucking ridiculous.

Pic related.

Austin Barnes
Austin Barnes

Funimation being a dick there?, hang in there user.

Landon Phillips
Landon Phillips

Quite normally happened in film festival in Thailand. You can't expect anything unless it is commercial screening.

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

If you're in the US, it won't be playing for another couple of months. Presumably they're waiting to see if it can get an Oscar nomination that they can slap on the marketing.

Jeremiah Collins
Jeremiah Collins

wishes to be the ikemen
gets a guy so lacking in personal charisma he can't pass a single job interview
Explain

Adrian Sanchez
Adrian Sanchez

have to wait for extra month because of Jewish circle jerk award
At least you have south Korea as your friend.

Kayden Campbell
Kayden Campbell

Ikemen needs just a good looking. Taki just doesn't know how to treat women properly. But in the end he can still got a decent job. Saw that Aeron chair in his room?

Bentley Ross
Bentley Ross

While being in Mitsuha's body he makes girls confess to "her" while barely trying so there's that.

Elijah Brown
Elijah Brown

I don't recall the rip currently available online as having a frame counter in the upper right. Just a giant "YN-009"

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

Taki just doesn't know how to treat women properly.
Still got both girls and guys to fall for Mitsuha though. Might be the tomboy appeal. While Senpai and Tsukasa prefer fuccbois.

Kayden Reed
Kayden Reed

This.
Shinkai explained that when they swapped their bodies, the liveliness of the opposite sex made them more attractive to other people.

Joseph Kelly
Joseph Kelly

Literally Destroying Domestic Box Office in Japan
Getting praise all over the world
Near 300m $ and not even released in most of the western countries
God like Visuals
Looks like we found the special snowflake.

Jaxson Morris
Jaxson Morris

I can't help but wonder what really caught everyone's attention after watching the movie. It was amazing, but I have no idea what's the one thing that people would call out.

Joshua Nelson
Joshua Nelson

I dont know about you but for me its the feel of hope, Love and Chance, well I was kinda depressed and having a hard month and when I watched this movie, it removed the shackles that were binding me.

Jason Gonzalez
Jason Gonzalez

It was good at using a combination of music, visuals, and plot contrivances for cheap emotional manipulation.

Austin Perez
Austin Perez

The USA is a first world country

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

implying praise-tier "emotional manipulation" and plot contrivances are a bad thing
Prove me wrong.

Nolan Hall
Nolan Hall

Is it ok to watch this on my work uniform?

Connor Wilson
Connor Wilson

After 13th times, I still almost cried at the scene where Mitsuha (Taki) ran on the mountain, crying realized he hurt his love one three years ago
Why user?, I haven't experienced love before but I still feel for them.

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

those "boom boom boom" audio cues that are subtly mixed in during the scene after Taki, Okudera and Tsukasa see the crater for the first time that keeps going almost until the katawredoki scene
that ringing chord and cut to black as the meteor splits and rains down on Mitsuha's head

Pretty great emotional and mental manipulation I say

Camden Reyes
Camden Reyes

It's not bad, just cheap. The diary entries corrupting themselves followed no logical cause and effect, the protagonists' sudden loss of memory was inconsistent with how the transient nature of the memory of the dreams had worked up to that point, and the final meeting of the two wouldn't have been as effective if Shinkai hadn't Shinkai'd the audience at least three times prior.

Nathaniel Howard
Nathaniel Howard

Sure, That's what normal people do.

Landon Reyes
Landon Reyes

Yes, just take off your badge/lanyard so you don't get approached by morons who think you work at the theatre.

Jeremiah Jones
Jeremiah Jones

You can see it as Taki finally truly awoke from his dream at the top of the mountain.

Lincoln Roberts
Lincoln Roberts

those "boom boom boom" audio cues that are subtly mixed in during the scene after Taki, Okudera and Tsukasa see the crater for the first time that keeps going almost until the katawredoki scene
Wait when was this?

that ringing chord and cut to black as the meteor splits and rains down on Mitsuha's head
Also what was this?

Samuel Ross
Samuel Ross

country
You're thinking too small. It ran in the UK, part of the European pseudo federalist superstate. You would have to put the same effort to go see it as an American from Massachusetts who would have had to travel to LA in another state to watch the showing there.

Jordan Young
Jordan Young

People in these threads keep quoting bits from Shinkai that sound like they're from an interview, things like why he decided it would be okay for them to succeed in finding each other, how they animated the temple dance, and now this post about how cognitive dissonance is why they were more attractive as each other. Is there a single central translated source for all these interview/explanation tidbits?

Jason Lewis
Jason Lewis

Let me know when it reaches $1B

Mason Cooper
Mason Cooper

manga.tokyo/report/interview-with-makoto-shinkai-director-of-kimi-no-na-wa/
animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2011-08-16/interview-makoto-shinkai
site.animeuknews.info/2016/11/09/an-interview-with-makoto-shinkai/
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/your-name-the-japanese-anime-about-body-swapping-teens
hollywoodreporter.com/news/makoto-shinkai-his-anime-hit-your-name-being-called-new-hayao-miyazaki-q-a-941646
mainichi.jp/english/articles/20161020/p2a/00m/0et/020000c

manga.tokyo/report/kimi-no-na-wa-korean-fans-gets-excited-by-the-official-screening-at-busan-international-film-festival/

manga.tokyo/report/kimi-no-na-wa-radwimps-appears-and-sings-at-a-smash-hit-thanksgiving-event/

manga.tokyo/report/interview-with-ryunosuke-kamiki/

manga.tokyo/report/interview-with-nobunaga-shimazaki-as-tsukasa-fujii-on-kimi-no-na-wa/

Some facts are also from Q&A in the movie pamphlet (only translated in Thai language as far as I recalled).

Brayden Watson
Brayden Watson

Thanks user.

Luke Cox
Luke Cox

I honestly can't hear the booming audio cue in the screener now, but I can swear I heard it both times when I saw it in cinemas. It was very low and bass so it might just be that my shitty speakers can't reproduce the bass well enough that I can distinctly make it out. The ringing chord is there in the screener but nowhere near as imressive or impactful as it was in the theater.

My cinema had it in IMAX with Dolby Atmos, so the music and even the subtle audio sound effects like the crackling of the fire in the kuchimikazake ceremony scene and sounds of Taki flipping pages in a book alone were simply orgasmic. I could really see and hear the labour of love that went into this film.

Carson Peterson
Carson Peterson

Is there any packed showings of this anymore in Sydney? I kinda want to experience it.

Logan Allen
Logan Allen

I hate living in this frozen shit hole named Canada.

We got the madoka movies in theatres but not this. What the hell?

Tyler Peterson
Tyler Peterson

Your best bet might be a Tuesday at Events (cheap tickets night). Was completely packed last time I went and it was quite a few weeks in mind you.

Zachary Lee
Zachary Lee

What is your distributor? My country (or most of SEA) get it like China, it was sold cheaply as a package with Shin Godzilla.

Dylan Davis
Dylan Davis

I tired of waiting. I just want to watch it already...
Fuck this shit, why can't theaters nearby just show it? Bunch of racists dogs.

Connor Baker
Connor Baker

Which event cinema was this?

Zachary Young
Zachary Young

saw this movie here in Flipland. Guy in front of me was spoiling the show to her gf. like wtf man

Brody White
Brody White

tfw Sydney seems to have some great weeb-sama who's bringing over all sorts of shit

George Street two weeks ago.

Eli Evans
Eli Evans

Keep Strong user, It will eventually show there and I tell you, it will be worth it, Im watching it for the 4th time with my college friends in the cinema tomorrow.

Jackson Smith
Jackson Smith

I asked this is in a previous thread, but it seemed kinda dead then, so I thought I'd ask again to get more opinions.

Is anyone else wondering why Taki didn't just tell Tesshi and Saya that he had switched bodies with Mitsuha when he was trying to convince them that they were going to die from the comet?

Taki just tells them that he knows they're going to die, but he refuses to tell them how he knows. But Tesshi is awfully quick to believe him, so much so that he's willing to blow up a freaking power station with stolen dynamite. I know that Tesshi was supposed to have a crush on Mitsuha, but I think only a literally insane person would do something like that for a crush (only John Hinckley Jr. has done something more insane for a crush), and Tesshi is clearly not insane.

It's stated in the light novel that Tesshi is into reading about occult stuff, so body-switching sounds like something he would believe. But in any case, I still find it odd that he didn't press "Mitsuha" more on how she knows the comet is going to hit them.

Nathaniel Cruz
Nathaniel Cruz

instead of telling them one ridiculous thing
lets tell them two ridiculous things!
Yeah, no.

Adam Ward
Adam Ward

What session time was your screening? I see tomorrow at 12:45pm is decently packed.

Ethan Bailey
Ethan Bailey

That by itself in absolute miracle. The standard wait for a copy of a new anime movie is 4-6 months, regardless of the quality.

Where are the Koe no Katachi camrips?

Elijah Barnes
Elijah Barnes

There are none because everyone is watching this movie.

Jose Sanders
Jose Sanders

6:40 screening. Wasn't packed at all when I booked but it was completely filled out.

Either way you should be good.

Owen Wilson
Owen Wilson

But why should Tesshi and Saya believe him if he refuses to tell them how he knows the town is going to be destroyed?

Connor Wright
Connor Wright

musubi nigga aint gotta explain shit

Andrew Long
Andrew Long

It sounds more believable that a comet will split than body-swapping, don't you think, user?

Carson Lewis
Carson Lewis

Would this movie be as popular outside of Japan if it wasn't for the leak? IMO KyoAni should leak Koe no Katachi too.

The only drawback would be shitty streaming sites gaining money from it

Nathaniel Nguyen
Nathaniel Nguyen

the leak is on purpose
Oh, that makes so much sense.

Hunter Gutierrez
Hunter Gutierrez

US shows sometimes do this with pilot episodes of their series just to see the reactions of people. Hey, it's Oscars season again so if Kimi is nominated we might get better screening copies too.

Leo Jones
Leo Jones

It's probably at least partly because he didn't want to appear even more schizophrenic than he already looks, which would risk his credibility

Angel Cruz
Angel Cruz

Sayaka didn't believe it. But our cherryboy Tessie, who like occult thing and liked Mitsuha for a long time, want to help her. Happened with all cherryboy when they tried to win their crush's pussy.

Ian Wood
Ian Wood

not exactly. heard it was advertised heavily in japan, plus earlier screenings in the US did have lots of positive feedback, and it's not as if a considerable amount of those who've seen the rip will watch the movie again in theatres

Hudson Sullivan
Hudson Sullivan

Tessie settled for less. He never got to fugg that shrine maiden pussy. Even random fuccbois in Tokyo got to fuck her. Country dick's just not good enough

Henry Thompson
Henry Thompson

Again, Taki is basically predicting the future, so why do they trust that he knows the future? Furthermore, considering the extremely low odds of being killed by a comet, why should they believe that their town will be the one in a million that is destroyed by a comet?

Brandon Lopez
Brandon Lopez

Mitsuha's Dad thought that Mitsuha was crazy when Taki told him, but after he yelled at him, he realized that wasn't really Mitsuha.

Nolan Taylor
Nolan Taylor

They're really really good friends.

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

There's 2 gigantic craters in their area. One's a lake, the other's some weird burial ground.

Ther'es a huge as fuck comet passing by tonight. What are the odds of a third getting formed this time?

(Also I think they went with the Nolan route where Mitsuha's pleading is assumed to happen offscreen. Expositionists btfo)

Jace Nguyen
Jace Nguyen

Even slimmer than 2 happening, if we're being honest.

Lucas Rogers
Lucas Rogers

Because she's a Miko. And remember, their place is like old Japan. They take that shit seriously.

Nolan Harris
Nolan Harris

(Also I think they went with the Nolan route where Mitsuha's pleading is assumed to happen offscreen. Expositionists btfo)

Iirc it's in the Another Side novel

Elijah Gray
Elijah Gray

Film would've been 10/10 if Saya and Tessie were fully rational beings and they all ended up dying. Epilogue: Taki jacks off to Mitsuha's grave

Landon Torres
Landon Torres

I have it but it's in moon runes and not in text format : (

But I do think the film works better if exposition like that is ommitted and just assumed to have happened off-screen.

Andrew Moore
Andrew Moore

The meteor story is a reference to the 2011 tsunami disaster where previous warnings from hundreds of years ago were accurate.

amusingplanet.com/2015/03/ancient-tsunami-warnings-carved-in.html
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/century-old-warnings-against-tsunamis-dot-japans-coastline-180956448/

The burial ground place was the warning to future generations that the place is known for repeated meteor strikes.

Why are you dumbasses so unknowledgeable?

Adam Hughes
Adam Hughes

Kimi no Na wa 2:

Yotsuha body swaps with some dude from Detroit. They have to convince the US Military to destroy a comet whose fragments will land on the White House and the Pentagon. They have to do this to prevent World War 3 and the death of the Miyamizu bloodline.

Bonus: the guy is black

B-but, where's my shonen-style exposition during the film? I need to have that spelled out for me.

Landon Hernandez
Landon Hernandez

SHhh user. I'm trying to sound smarter than two imaginary Japanese high school students in an animu.

Andrew Bell
Andrew Bell

Why does her being a Miko mean that she can be trusted?

Angel Sanchez
Angel Sanchez

Old Japan Nigga. They are country-bumpkins.

Adam Ward
Adam Ward

The burial ground place was the warning to future generations that the place is known for repeated meteor strikes.
And yet they keep on erasing the memories and records of the Miyamizu clan. So people keep dying anyway only to be retroactively revived by body swapping timeline-altering shenanigans. Silly gods

It's like the Matrix with the Chosen One and his iterations.

Musubi is one hell of a drug

Alexander Rivera
Alexander Rivera

Sayajin thought Mitsuha has a delusion but helped her anyway. That's what friends are for.

Hunter Sullivan
Hunter Sullivan

Memes.

Asher Morris
Asher Morris

The document just got accidentally burnt 200 years ago.

Brayden Bailey
Brayden Bailey

Watched in the cinema thinking I won't easily get Shinkai'd anymore after all the years.

I was wrong.

Still, it was so fun hearing people getting their emotions thoroughly wrung out in the movie, especially starting in the second half. I could audibly hear a lot of "no!", "oh god", "what?", "go!" ,"please" from those watching. I myself almost shouted especially on the FUCKING STAIRCASE part.

It was fun.

Dylan Roberts
Dylan Roberts

He was playing with our emotions way too much at the end. Luckily, it ended good.

Jack Kelly
Jack Kelly

Everyone is out to get anyone they don't relate to.

Dominic Jones
Dominic Jones

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian Ross
Ian Ross

Kimi no Na Wa Hollywood Live Action version :

Some dude from NYC bodyswaps with some girl from Arizona.

They have to stop the 2020 re-election of Donald Trump in order to prevent the second US civil war in which Arizona is wiped off the map in a nuclear exchange between California and Texas.

Tyler Hughes
Tyler Hughes

Why does Mitsuha's always getting roped?
Isn't she's the professional?

Nathan Lee
Nathan Lee

Musubi

Luke Cooper
Luke Cooper

accidentaly
the same way their phone records got "accidentally" corrupted? I think the nature of the phenomenon is that no records or details of how it happened are supposed to remain.

Some things transcend time, whether it's tradition or culture or bloodlines or love. Details be damned. Believe in Musubi and everything will be daijobu

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

Make it full SJW and make the girl a Native American so we get full mystic and shit.

Dylan Stewart
Dylan Stewart

Taki and Mitsuha never dated anyone until their meeting. Perfect couple.

Connor Nguyen
Connor Nguyen

Here you go, OP.

Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Anthony Wood
Anthony Wood

Taki dated the cake.

Luis Jackson
Luis Jackson

I went with my normalfag friend.

We both sat on the chair until the very end. Later that night he went with his GF.

This movie actually make normalfag at the edge of their seat.

William Reed
William Reed

did he fuck her?

Nathan Davis
Nathan Davis

360p

Xavier Robinson
Xavier Robinson

Why are there a lot of bondage arts of them?

Nathan Cook
Nathan Cook

Which is kinda funny really. It was cathartic for me for different reasons.

I've waited years for Shinkai to be able to at last connect 2 people.

Landon Cox
Landon Cox

Did you go again with your GF?

Kayden Gonzalez
Kayden Gonzalez

Be honest, Sup Forums. If Kimi no na wa hadn't made so much money, would you even care to watch it?

Jeremiah Perez
Jeremiah Perez

Im pretty sure taki and mitsuha didnt date anyone till both of them met.

Cameron Garcia
Cameron Garcia

No because i probably wouldn't have heard of it or tit's hype.

Brody Cook
Brody Cook

Yeah and both dates ended with nothing.

Course not.

Xavier Walker
Xavier Walker

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

There he is. There he goes again.

Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little keit-ai thread up and fill in the captcha.

Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass so you just choose the picture.

Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic flip phone isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor.

But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a shitty fanfic.

Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic keit-ai fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is “FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY.”

You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.

And that's all you'll ever be.

Ethan Reyes
Ethan Reyes

Why is this allowed?
cos she dies. twice

Aaron Hernandez
Aaron Hernandez

Saudade

Is a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent something or someone that one loves

This is what the 2 of them were feeling for years after the event. No one would want to go out with someone else whilst feeling like this.

Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris

Kimi no Na wa BBC miniseries version:

A Afro-Caribbean guy from London bodyswaps with a Scottish girl.

They have to prevent Brexit so that Scotland doesn't start a civil war over IndyRef2, by suppressing the turnout in Leave areas of London while convincing the guy's dad who is in charge of MI5 to rig the vote count.

Asher King
Asher King

In Italy we have to wait until the end of January. Once again confirmed as not a first-world country.

Joseph Watson
Joseph Watson

Kimi no na wa is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of paranormality and cellphones that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and THE NATURE OF LOVE. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The edgy teenagers all trying their hardest to look mystified, the roaming chargers, peculiar, nonexistent area codes, the whole alternate universe faggotry and everything about the Keit-Ai world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on DRAMA, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the navel-gazing of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Kimi no na wa is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Kimi no na wa threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Luke Murphy
Luke Murphy

Philippines is third world and it was showed in cinemas here subbed.

Zachary Wright
Zachary Wright

Kimi no na W-ai

A boy falls and wakes up as a girl.

Unable to talk, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's body. Never minding the strange situation, he immediately tries to make her life better, and is overjoyed to find out that she has as well.

But, the next day, when he tries to remember the girl, she only shouts at him in the deepest corner of his mind. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he was lived in a town destroyed by a comet. In fact, she died in the disaster three years ago. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own three years in the future self, whose three year ago self is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to perform a terrorist attack in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to save the girl's life and hometown. While the two chase this ultimate goal, AMNESIA ensues as they begin to forget they fell in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

But some day in the future, they don't each other in the streets of Tokyo, and ask each other a question...

Kimi noNawa?

Jaxon Gonzalez
Jaxon Gonzalez

They have more anime fans than other countries.

Ayden Ortiz
Ayden Ortiz

Apparently not as 3rd world as Mexico.
Damn you Robinsons Cinema for fucking up the schedule and making me miss the first 15 minutes.

Dominic King
Dominic King

Ang isang lalaki ay nabighani sa isang babae.

Dahil sa hindi niyang magawang aminin ang kanyang damdamin, ipinagbahala niya sa panginoong maykapal ang lahat. Dahil dito, nakuha niya dahil sa mirakulo ang numero ng telepono ng babae. Agad-agad niyang tinawagan ang kanyang pinakamahal gamit ang kakaibang numero. Lubos na lang ang pasasalamat niya ng malaman niya na mahal din siya ng kanyang bagong sinta.

Ngunit kinabukasan, nung kinausap niya yung kanyang di umano na kasintahan tungkol sa mga nangyari, tinitigan lang siya nung binibini na parang nasiraan na siya ng bait. Pagkatapos ng kanyang pagsisiyasat, nalaman niya ang katotohanan. Ang babae na tinawagan niya ay hindi ang parehong babae na nahulog ang damdamin para sa kanya.

Sa katunayan, siya ay babae na nanggaling sa kakambal na daigdig: Pareho ngunit naiiba. Siya ay ang katapat ng babaeng pinakamamahal niya sa ibang mundo na nahulog din ang damdamin para sa kanyang pangalawang sarili na hindi rin alam ang tunay na damdamin ng babae.

Kung ano-ano ang nangyari nang nagkasunduan ang dalawa na ibigay ang kanilang pinakamadilim at pinakapersonal na lihim upang magbigay ng kasangkapan at mga armas na kailangan nila upang masakop ang mga puso ng kanilang mga pangalawang sarili. Habang ang dalaway ay hinahabol ang kani-kanilang mga mahal sa buhay, maraming pagsubok ang umusbong nang sila mismo sa halip ang nagkaibigan. Dito nila malalaman ang LIKAS na PAGMAMAHAL.

Easton Cox
Easton Cox

live in bumfuck third world indonesia
still get to watch the movie in a comfy cinema

ayy laymo my first world friends

Cameron Richardson
Cameron Richardson

meme was forced so hard it became the no. 1 movie in Japan

wew lad

Kevin Gonzalez
Kevin Gonzalez

Turns out the 6pm one today is half booked gonna go to that one.

Adam Bell
Adam Bell

Meanwhile, in Malaysia...

Adam Thompson
Adam Thompson

Sana GMA and gumawa nito.
Maayos young pelikulang Moment of Love.

Brayden Turner
Brayden Turner

Now this is just straight-up spoiler of the film.

Wyatt Morris
Wyatt Morris

youtube.com/watch?v=H8UImxlaFm4

Kayden Lewis
Kayden Lewis

Nawa means rope.

Anthony Ortiz
Anthony Ortiz

Third world country
Beat other first-world countries to screen it.

Hell yeah, motherfucker

Eli Barnes
Eli Barnes

Mizuha is a cake right?

Also, for someone with a loving girlfriend->wife he sure likes to make stuff about people not getting together

Kevin White
Kevin White

I still would have given that it's Shinkai's first film with a legitimately good animation team.

Jeremiah Thompson
Jeremiah Thompson

His heart is satisfied; he has no reson to care for nor knowledge of the pain he causes others'.

Colton Hughes
Colton Hughes

The Blu-Ray needs to show Taki and Mitsuha's comfy life together, like the montage in Up.

Jason Brooks
Jason Brooks

Predicting tsunamis in Japan isn't that hard, a broken clock is also right twice a day. Japan sits on the Ring of Fire, earthquakes and tsunamis are not unusual for them. A comet returning every hundred years to nuke the exact same spot +/- a couple miles or so on the other hand is astronomically unusual.

Mason Diaz
Mason Diaz

Honestly, I'm scared that Shinkai's next 3 movies involves fucking with my heart again.
I might like it though.

Noah Gomez
Noah Gomez

Maybe because the term "first world country" literally means the US and it's allies?

Colton Davis
Colton Davis

This may only be tangentially related, but what was so special about Spirited Away? I watched it once but couldn't really grasp the appeal.

Matthew Flores
Matthew Flores

Didn't do the vibrator one since the translation was incomplete and my moonrune friend is currently on a road trip.
Will do the long-ass one posted yesterday later.

Christopher Bennett
Christopher Bennett

It is astronomically unusual for life to exist on planets, but here we are.

Brayden Murphy
Brayden Murphy

Just one mistake:
Tie you up
Actually, it's "tie me up."

Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson

Then shouldn't the preceding word bubble also be "I want you to (tie me up)" instead?

Juan Young
Juan Young

1. The title is a rope pun, 2. musubi and rope themes throughout the entire movie

Easton Smith
Easton Smith

part 2 was actually a pretty cute anime. kinda pissed she ends up talking and dating that fagg0t

Joshua Williams
Joshua Williams

I'm glad only Asians and Bongs and Aussie cunts have gotten to see it so far. I can only imagine the shitposting will get astronomically worse once the Americans get to see it.

Isaiah Lee
Isaiah Lee

Americans have seen it already though.

Chase Adams
Chase Adams

Only those who could take the time and effort to travel to LA during the brief period it was on.

Nolan Stewart
Nolan Stewart

No Company can make KNW a good live action movie

Lincoln Nelson
Lincoln Nelson

There's also AnimeExpo last July but I doubt Sup Forums went.

Sebastian Cruz
Sebastian Cruz

Yes.

Josiah Howard
Josiah Howard

More like, what are the odds of the third one straight up hitting the protagonist's house of all places the third one could have fallen?

Chase James
Chase James

It has cute girls so of course I'd watch it

Ethan Jenkins
Ethan Jenkins

Like this then?

Benjamin Stewart
Benjamin Stewart

Sounds right, that's it user.

Logan Rivera
Logan Rivera

Because it makes China happy.

Look, even the BBC has taken notice.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-38246184

Matthew Carter
Matthew Carter

near the end of the film
gonna git Shinkai'd again when they see each other and pass by at the stairs
they already did it earlier in the fucking overpass
they actually talk and ask for their name
audibly said: "Oh thank god"

Fucking Shikai. Jesus Christ.

Parker Green
Parker Green

When was the last time an anime movie BTFO's jewleewood, I cant belive Your Name is going toe to toe with Star Wars:Puke One lel.

Henry Cook
Henry Cook

Every time I see the guy's name I think of 5cm/s and my heart stops because it's just too sad.

Asher Garcia
Asher Garcia

I'd watch it because I love Shinkai's visuals, and the fact that it's a non-battle shounen animu movie.

Kevin Cruz
Kevin Cruz

The worst part is how he stops every single time too. Will he turn around? Will he?

Nicholas Lewis
Nicholas Lewis

Well this one has an open and possibly good end at least
I fucking hate him he probably gets off on making us suffer ;_;

Brody Hall
Brody Hall

If it's screening in your local cinemas
Animation that isn't for kids
Hahahahahaha

James Thompson
James Thompson

"Watching this film made me miss the springtime of my youth and that really touched me," said one fan.
Oh boy

Thomas Stewart
Thomas Stewart

Maybe he'll turn around and keep walking.

Owen Anderson
Owen Anderson

I kept pointing out how all this yearning and fucking trains is literally taking a page out of 5 centimeters per second. and I'm glad it subverted it. Thank goodness for musubi.

She's 25, perfect age for Christmas cake, and she's gonna get eaten by Taki.

Asher Walker
Asher Walker

5 centimeters per second is simultaneously one of my favorite and most hated films of all time.

Jonathan Thomas
Jonathan Thomas

I'm scared of what would happen if Shinkai gets a divorce.

Brody Taylor
Brody Taylor

Let me guess, whore oka-san?

Luis Brooks
Luis Brooks

Coming of age story in the guise of a Through the Looking Glass adventure, very nostalgic in its appeal.

Parker Reyes
Parker Reyes

Never watched Shinkai before
Should I and if so where should I start?

Jaxon James
Jaxon James

But Australians are the worst shitposters.

Jason Wood
Jason Wood

5 cm/s

James White
James White

Are you tricking me

Brandon Taylor
Brandon Taylor

di dove sei user? andiamo a vederlo insieme?

Juan Young
Juan Young

Go back to /v/

Colton Fisher
Colton Fisher

Now now, the marketing for Rogue One is too big for it to be surpassed by a movie that is popular by hearsay.

I will definitely not be going in theaters to watch Rogue One however after hearing a coworker saying that his selling point is that there's no White Male protagonist in the group.

Hopefully Funimation puts up screenings for this in the US soon.

Wyatt Reyes
Wyatt Reyes

Yes; 5cm/s, Spirited Away, or Voices of Distant Star.
report in when you've finished

Gabriel Jackson
Gabriel Jackson

He has gorgeous visuals and backgrounds and a fondness for trains, space, and insert songs in the middle of the movie.

His stories are about star crossed lovers painfully longing for their other half but fate, circumstance, and their own faults get in the way from making them meet.

Anyone who got into Shinkai goes through 5 Centimeters per Second, and it shows all the best and worst aspects of his style. Fuck trains.

Wyatt Wood
Wyatt Wood

Yeah, but there's only like a dozen people the whole country.

Levi Peterson
Levi Peterson

The japanese ambassador in Mexico was also there
I bet he has shit taste in animu
el tambien fue cuando se estrenaron las peliculas de meguca, la verdad no se por que acepta ir a este tipo de eventos

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan

Why the fuck has this not been released in Canada yet.
releasing a dub

Kayden Brown
Kayden Brown

I hate trains
Why does the guy need kill love
Is it grinding reality in your face just to hurt you?

Nathan Clark
Nathan Clark

Imagine if Shinkai directed Nagi no Asukara.

Leo Bailey
Leo Bailey

I bet the cartels are behind this.

Ethan Stewart
Ethan Stewart

But wait, that has spanish subs

Lincoln Wright
Lincoln Wright

do theaters in the US show the movie subbed?
I'll probably go to see it in Italy and we're getting the dubbed version only (which bothers me a lot, since Anime dub is really bad here in Italy)

Carter Garcia
Carter Garcia

in my country its subbed, PH.

Anthony Reed
Anthony Reed

That's just your co-workers selling point.

As a /m/an my selling point is classic starfighters and capital ships shooting at each other in space while nameless rebel fighters are gunned down by stormtroopers.

Or maybe someone else's selling point might be that Darth Vader just fucks everyone's shit up.

Watch it on the merits it has for you, not the merits others project on it.

Do you get triggered by any movie that doesn't cast a leading white male?

Would you get triggered by Your Name if someone told you that their selling point for it was its pro-LGBT agenda?

Noah Watson
Noah Watson

pro-LGBT
???

Nicholas Flores
Nicholas Flores

We got Madoka and other anime movies but it's never consistent.

Even with Kizumonogatari recently, we got Tekketsu a few months after the US and never got Nekketsu altogether.

Gabriel Reyes
Gabriel Reyes

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual

Dylan Collins
Dylan Collins

I'm saying it doesn't even pretend to be pro-LGBT tho

Luis Watson
Luis Watson

watches 480p camrip
art looks like shit
Good lord. It's almost as if you're retarded.

Dominic Flores
Dominic Flores

What if it turns into a Gothicmade?

Alexander Morales
Alexander Morales

The exact train was there again, at the end, right?

Man, the ending was basically the same as 5 cm, except they both turned to stick around. That hurt.

Adam Gray
Adam Gray

At least he is not Okada.

James Lewis
James Lewis

What's wrong with Okada.

Jason Baker
Jason Baker

you are literally retarded

Eli Wood
Eli Wood

h-haha this will s-show them
euroshits are pathetic

Brandon Martin
Brandon Martin

Miuna might have won.
pfft.. hahahaha..

Austin Hughes
Austin Hughes

Wait, this movie has body swapping? The master of all fetishes?

I was already hyped but now I seriously can't wait for the BD rips .

Brayden Robinson
Brayden Robinson

Are you those kind of person who prefer not to watch a trailer before going to watch a movie?

Camden Perry
Camden Perry

I want to rage on your post but can't because I'm on work and using my shitty shoe.

Adam Phillips
Adam Phillips

Not him but I never do this, especially for movies. I can't even do it for shows anymore because even the fucking "next week previews" more often than not contain huge spoilers. Some Conan episodes it would literally show who the fucking culprit was before the episode started.

Jacob Jackson
Jacob Jackson

There were 2 insufferable assholes in the beginning of the viewing I had just now. Would talk and say shit out.

Jackson Young
Jackson Young

I wouldn't blame anyone if someone said that out loud.

I mean, I wanted to as well. Only reason I didn't because I remembered I was in the cinema.

I did breath an audible big sigh of relief though.

Luke Carter
Luke Carter

Fuck trains.
He actually made me love and hate trains at the same time.

But if I see trains in another movie, I'm fine, if I see a train that's by him though, it actually jolts me a little because I remember 5cm/s.

I mean, I'm pretty sure people here who have been fans of Shinkai and have watched 5cm/s reacted in the finale of this movie when the trains came. I won't believe anyone who says they didn't.

Jacob Johnson
Jacob Johnson

news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/1219/blnews_161219_3913077660.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: ne/diAL (はてなブックマーク - 人気エントリー)
he is starting to lost it
This is the price of going too big, huh?

Nicholas Harris
Nicholas Harris

I was rolling on my chair at that scene.
That person next to me thought I had epilepsy.
Plan to watch it again this Wed.

Noah Kelly
Noah Kelly

My brother was getting weirded out by my reactions, whispering to him that "this shit is like 5 Centimeters per Second all over again."

Eli Wood
Eli Wood

He has a point, not just anybody can make a runaway smash hit by slapping together a load of lowest common denominator appeal elements.

Josiah Evans
Josiah Evans

It was clearly different though, the 5cm/s ending train was getting between them while the Your Name ending trains were taking them in the same direction.

Leo Howard
Leo Howard

Yeah I get the metaphor.

But still, come on, you'd still have doubts getting Shinkai'd you know.

Adam Thompson
Adam Thompson

They were blessed by musubi, something the protagonists of 5 Centimeters per Second didn't have.

Leo Wood
Leo Wood

Watched it in the cinema.

This was the part in the movie where I heard the girls go "ieeee! go!" and guys say"go go go!"

John Richardson
John Richardson

And this was the part where people were going "WHAT? NO!"

Parker Hernandez
Parker Hernandez

Those critiques don't know how hard it is to borrow the power of musubi god. Those unbeliever will never learn.

Jaxon Taylor
Jaxon Taylor

Yeah I almost lost it at that point.

Jason Reyes
Jason Reyes

And the part where you could hear the sigh of relief. I could even hear some crying. The guy beside me was tearing up. I did too.

It was fun.

Jeremiah Wilson
Jeremiah Wilson

Recognizing that you're a big deal isn't losing it. Beethoven and Wagner both understood they were pretty special.

Brody Edwards
Brody Edwards

Difference between namae and na?

Zachary Collins
Zachary Collins

Wait, just to be clear, do they both have memories of the body switching, and just forgot each others names?

They lost all memories right?

Jacob Scott
Jacob Scott

I just watched 5cm/s.
Why did he do that? Why didn't she wait? I don't like this. I don't like drifting apart even if it's realistic, I want happy endings and fulfillment not resignation and moving on. I don't like this. I can't accept this. My heart hurts and nobody is around to hold me. It hurts a lot.
you guys were right
fuck the train
;-;

It was literally just a shitty coincidence
I can't accept this
I just can't
I'm in desperate need of hugs and don't know where to get them.

Bentley Allen
Bentley Allen

Lost everything. But they always get the feeling that they did something with someone that changed their life, and that they know the loved that someone so dearly.

Gavin Jones
Gavin Jones

It's one of those "they lost their memories but they know they're forgetting something very important just out of reach" things
I think the idea is that they have a strong sense of "I think I know this guy..." and as soon as they hear the name they'll remember
or not

Thomas Ward
Thomas Ward

Yes, they totally forget about their names and the lives they lived, and only a vague sense of longing that somewhere out there they are searching for a face and name in the crowd remain.

Mason Flores
Mason Flores

5cm/s was realistic as fuck. Even the title already says this.

You really can't blame anyone there.

Also why did you watch 5cm/s after Your Name?

Why the fuck did you think we were so happy with the ending of his latest movie?

Henry Cruz
Henry Cruz

after
I'm the guy who said I've never watched Shinkai before, I'll probably get around to watching Your Name later

realistic as fuck
I know
;_;

Jackson Stewart
Jackson Stewart

I'm the guy who said I've never watched Shinkai before, I'll probably get around to watching Your Name later

My bad then.

Yeah just watch Your Name when you can. It's much better watching it after 5cm.

Lucas Kelly
Lucas Kelly

5 Centimeters per second is more grounded in reality. During their high school years, both of them eventually forget to send letters to each other, and while the girl gets over her childish love, only the boy refuse to let go of his sentimentality over the past, despite having a girlfriend who worries about him already, until they cross paths at the train crossing where he finally lets go.

Christopher Perez
Christopher Perez

I'm this guy

just saw the movie minutes ago and i don't regret it
thanks for convincing me Sup Forumsnons
theater was near empty though
can't wait for the BDs to come out
wish they'd show KnK as well

Carson Scott
Carson Scott

Shinkai makes this movie, attracts the normie crowd at large, wins an Oscar, even more normies check it out, and Shinkai gets a lot of money and fame.

Then his next movie will be traincuccery of the most epic proportions, showing true despair to everyone who bought into his ruse cruise.

screencap this

Robert Diaz
Robert Diaz

ITSUDEMO SAGASHITE IRU YO!!

Wyatt Martinez
Wyatt Martinez

I hope so
I desperately need healing
This is terrible
I mean I get the idea that the whole point is that he shouldn't have clung onto the past for so long, it even shattered at least two other loves in the process, but still

I was under the impression that the girl didn't 'get over' it, she just accepted reality and realized that it wasn't coming back so it was time to move on.

Gavin Price
Gavin Price

See. Did anyone care?

Fuck no.

Good thing you went out.

Thomas Cooper
Thomas Cooper

I really liked Your Name but 5cm had more of an impact for me, that feeling of complete emptiness after a while. And 5cm soundtrack was godlike which fit into the film perfectly though Your Name songs are really great also.

Carter Adams
Carter Adams

I was under the impression that the girl didn't 'get over' it, she just accepted reality and realized that it wasn't coming back so it was time to move on.
That's what I call "getting over it"

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

I think I'll be sad for a long while. I shouldn't have watched this before vacation.

Andrew Cruz
Andrew Cruz

I would say Your Name after 5cm is a good remedy but only if you haven't watched either before

Jaxson Smith
Jaxson Smith

I just made a startling revelation

The trains would never have cucc'd Taki and 3ha because train lines are musubi.

Intertwining and untangling, etc.

Carson Smith
Carson Smith

5cm/s is pretty much just a description of real life. The subtitle might as well be "shit happens and time passes".

Hudson Moore
Hudson Moore

That's also why they could see each other in opposite trains at the end and ultimately meet again

Gavin Lewis
Gavin Lewis

How did Taki (in mitsuha's body) know she would be at the crater?

Oliver Carter
Oliver Carter

I liked Your Name better because he was finally able to properly connect plot points here compared to 5cm/s. Shows that he grew over the years as a writer.

I like both soundtracks really. If you read the lyrics during the sequences in Your Name, it fit the bill so hard.

We are time flyers! We are climbers running up time!
We're sick of being left out of time's game of hide and seek!
I won't let go of you, I'll never let go again
This hand was finally able to catch you!

Goddamn I was hyped during that sequence. But then Shinkai just had to let out one more SHINKAI by them crossing over each other in the staircase. Fucking fuck.

Cameron Richardson
Cameron Richardson

Why didn't she wait
Because in the end, the guy was the one who kept the weight of that promise over a decade ago to watch the cherry blossoms. I won't say the girl stopped caring but the time with him and their first kiss was just a point in the distant past, a happy memory that had no bearing on the present. She was about to get married to someone else, there was no point in trying to revive an old love and they hadn't had any contact for many years. For better or for worse their story and their past was in the past, and that's the whole point, it's the reason why he just kind of sadly smiles and keeps going without looking back, because only when he sees that the world has moved on without him does he realize it's finally time to let go.

David Cooper
David Cooper

Yeah, the trains they were on ran parallel without crossing as they rode them but at some point they have to intersect.

Jeremiah Bailey
Jeremiah Bailey

Because that's where he left his body.

Leo Ward
Leo Ward

I don't think there were any real missing plot points in 5cm/s though.

Eli Perez
Eli Perez

I don't think there were any real missing plot points in 5cm/s though.

No. I meant that he was able to connect the story fluidly now compared to before.

Ethan Sanders
Ethan Sanders

crossing over
Couldn't help it, even the lyrics say
your heart overtook you

Tyler Jones
Tyler Jones

Ah I see

Jackson Kelly
Jackson Kelly

Yeah. And that part of the lyrics came out at the time where they actually crossed over.

Fucking Shinkai.

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

Funny how this shit doesnt even get any screenings in Germany.

Levi Garcia
Levi Garcia

Germany doesn't want their citizens to understand the NATURE of LOVE

Camden Walker
Camden Walker

Is a packed theater better than a nearly empty theater for your watching experience? I went to watch it with my brother + cousin + 2 friends last Friday afternoon and it's like having a personal cinema. Cousin and one friend bawled but I was just at awe for nearly the entire movie.

Samuel Thompson
Samuel Thompson

he wasn't bawling
Heartless freak

Angel Sullivan
Angel Sullivan

Packed is great as long as you don't get anybody who talks loudly. You can empathize with the crowd's reactions.

Robert Barnes
Robert Barnes

I was in a packed theater but there were actually no annoyances.

People were reacting at the right parts and it was not over exaggerated.

It kinda made me smile when in the ending you could actually hear people sniffing because you knew they were crying.

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

I saw this

Brody Martin
Brody Martin

I did get the feels at certain heartwarming scenes but definitely didn't cry. At the ending I was thinking how Shinkai is going to troll me again and he fucking did the absolute madman.

Fuck, the reactions are a good point. Maybe I'll go a second time at the evenings (which is when the crowd gathers up). The amount of weebs here (Jakarta) is painfully high though.

Caleb Jenkins
Caleb Jenkins

You 're not seeing this :D

Christian Cox
Christian Cox

the only reaction i could hear was laughter during the oppai fondling scenes

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

At the ending I was thinking how Shinkai is going to troll me again and he fucking did the absolute madman
Yeah but at least he turned around.

Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

I came here 14 hours later to call you a fucking idiot.

Fucking idiot.

Levi Hill
Levi Hill

It was pretty funny.

Especially the last 2 jokes about it.

Adrian Butler
Adrian Butler

tfw there was no bondage in the movie
WHAT A BLUNDER

Asher Smith
Asher Smith

First World refers to "allied with the United States during the Cold War". Second World refers to "Soviet Russia and its allies" aka nobody because Soviet Russia no longer exists, and Third World refers to "Unaffiliated or Independent".

Caleb Ortiz
Caleb Ortiz

Fucking pottery.

Alexander Miller
Alexander Miller

Shinkai actually knows what he is doing huh.

Kevin Clark
Kevin Clark

Too haram for the natives.

Henry Perry
Henry Perry

Nearly empty, Rogue One was fucking next door and it was the weekend. I was really getting worried I was gonna watch the movie alone, but a few guys then a lot of girls and couples came in.

Brandon Fisher
Brandon Fisher

why is taki chokeslamming mitsuha from orbit?

Sebastian Fisher
Sebastian Fisher

Cinema I went to was packed even though Rogue One was there.

Carson Garcia
Carson Garcia

Garden of Words still has my favorite insert song, while 5 cm/s' has pretty much the most iconic (amongst Shinkai enthusiasts) insert song.

Don't know about Your Name though, I'll need the BDS to compare the songs better.

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

It's musubi.

Kayden Williams
Kayden Williams

For me Your Name is on par with 5cm/s when it comes to insert songs.

Jaxson Long
Jaxson Long

Reminder that 5cm/s, Garden of Words, and Your Name is in the same universe.

Children Who Chase Lost Voices might be in there too.

Sebastian Cox
Sebastian Cox

what about the place promised in our early days?

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

Alternate universe.

Carson Foster
Carson Foster

I liked 5cm/second soundtrack more then Your Name overall but Kataware Doki the piece which played when Taki and Mitsuha met at the crater might just be the best of piece in all of Shinkai's films.

Noah Martinez
Noah Martinez

Now you know why no one here expected the happy ending in Kimi no Na wa.

Isaiah Gutierrez
Isaiah Gutierrez

Shinkai makes this movie, attracts the normie crowd at large, wins an Oscar

A meteor will hit Japan before any more anime films get an Oscar.

Isaac Gray
Isaac Gray

What is it with piano versions of OP themes? I haven't been hit this hard this since the piano version of THIS ILLUSION.

Cooper Allen
Cooper Allen

Piano is arguably the best instrument.

Nicholas Martin
Nicholas Martin

Because it's the backbone motif of a lot of songs in the OST itself. It just was not a piano theme. It was the most important song in the OST.

Jackson Bailey
Jackson Bailey

Read the manga; there's an extra chapter after where the movie ends that might help you in healing.

It also expands on the third part; his ex girlfriend with the glasses gets development.

Wyatt Sanchez
Wyatt Sanchez

It's an easy way to score points but the creative industry doesn't try anymore.

Monogatari series has instrumental arrangements of every OP song and all of them are awesome.

Charles Stewart
Charles Stewart

Just go to your nearest theater and watch it. You can even bring your own snacks but be sure to chose a place that accepts singles.

Leo Rodriguez
Leo Rodriguez

Man, that song in 5cm gets to me everytime I listen to it.

Matthew Powell
Matthew Powell

Does he get together with the ex? Is it just closure or is it actually healing?
The sadness is starting to burn and I think I'm going to have nightmares.

Joseph Price
Joseph Price

She is such a cutie, no wonder Taki loved touching her body.

Grayson Ward
Grayson Ward

Well, the ending of 5 cm is already closure for him; he got to see the blossoms fall with her again, and now he knows for sure she's moved on past him, so he too can move on.

But yeah, I think what's implied in the last chapter of the manga does help in healing. You'll understand if you read it. It doesn't retcon the original ending of the movie; its an epilogue to it.

Xavier Brooks
Xavier Brooks

pic
I'm glad it didn't turn into an outright timeloop plot. That would have been going too far.

Gavin Turner
Gavin Turner

I'm still looking for that fucking Decent Black piano arrange that played in the final scenes for Sodachi's arc.

Andrew Ortiz
Andrew Ortiz

huh guess I'm one of the few people who expected this was going to happen. they wouldn't have ran after each other if they're just going to away. they just needed to gather their emotions.

besides, if they did walk away, nips would be livid as fuck and this won't be destroying their box office.

Noah Taylor
Noah Taylor

Part of me that thought Shinkai would somehow get away with doing that kind of ending again after 5 cm. That he really would be that cruel.

Levi Kelly
Levi Kelly

implied
So does he get together with Kanae in the end or something?
I guess that's something
The past doesn't disappear forever after all
;______;

Josiah Bell
Josiah Bell

Yeah, it sucks. And now that everyone knows it's a smash hit licensing costs will be way up, so it will probably never be shown in cinemas.

Ryan Ross
Ryan Ross

huh guess I'm one of the few people who expected
Were you previously familiar with Makoto Shinkai?

Kevin Gutierrez
Kevin Gutierrez

rated for all audiences
pantsu
oppai fondling
breast physics

Bentley Cruz
Bentley Cruz

This was legit as fuck
wake up in your crush's body
o-oh shit
fondle yourself for a bit

Matthew Diaz
Matthew Diaz

Really surprised to see her in her underwear, boob gags okay, but to see Mitsuha in her underwear really surprised me. It's something Shinkai never did before.

Daniel Johnson
Daniel Johnson

no, I guess that's why.

Ayden Robinson
Ayden Robinson

Japanese kids are a little more tolerant of tits and undies because soccer moms are less relevant there. Remember shit like Naruto's Sexy Jutsu is meant to be funny for 12 year olds. I don't think Shinkai ever did anything of the sort though so that's surprising in a way.

Evan Russell
Evan Russell

Mysterious light beams covered all the important bits though.

Carter Fisher
Carter Fisher

those feet

Dominic Barnes
Dominic Barnes

I think he mentioned in an interview that his animators added the panty shots unasked, and he didn't demand them to be removed.

Carter Ross
Carter Ross

London, Manchester
Guess I'm waiting for BDs. Not travelling for three fucking hours for a movie.

Aiden Russell
Aiden Russell

Damn that Mysterious Light-san.

Aiden Collins
Aiden Collins

Yeah, I think its great. Both of them got crushed by their first love and spent years stuck in the past because of it, and now he can finally notice Kanae.

One painful thing the manga does is that, whereas it was only implied in the movie, the manga shows that Kanae actually did eventually confess before he moved back to Tokyo, and got rejected. Which must have been brutal for her.

Plus, his ex girlfriend is a pretty cool girl who got screwed by him.

All around, pretty nice manga, it adds good stuff.

Carson Perez
Carson Perez

Those not familiar with him don't understand why those familiar with him riot or get ptsd when familiar shit starts appearing.

It's not that we think it isn't going to happen, it's just that, fuck I can't even explain it. Fucking Shinkai.

Owen Bell
Owen Bell

Surely you can find a bit more to do in London than just a movie to make the trip worthwhile.

Benjamin Green
Benjamin Green

fuck I can't even explain it
It's like being a battered housewife

William Wright
William Wright

The guy's a master at wrenching the pathos out of you. He consistently gets me teary-eyed at his stuff, and I don't often get teary-eyed about fiction.

Christopher Miller
Christopher Miller

It's a primal fear that 5cm/s plants within the depths of your soul that stirs deep within you, and once you have been scarred those wounds of the heart never heal.

Ryan Garcia
Ryan Garcia

I've been wondering since my friends claim to have seen an HD no chinese sub release, but I can't seem to find any (other than the aforementioned release).

Maybe their delusional?

I'm just about to watch it in cinema myself.

Jaxson Smith
Jaxson Smith

I can't even explain it
I'll help you
あ...あああ...ああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

Sebastian Peterson
Sebastian Peterson

ung goy

Jayden Cruz
Jayden Cruz

Feet are hard.

Benjamin Fisher
Benjamin Fisher

It's pretty much PTSD
It's a combination of suddenly getting reminded that you've gotten SHINKAI'D before and the fear that it's about to happen again and you're going to spend the next week sobbing like a bitch at random.

Carter Edwards
Carter Edwards

I wasn't spoiled on the ending but i knew it was going to be a happy ending. Still once we were at the ending those 5cm flashback and vibes kept on happening. I was legit rolling my eyes thinking oh god

Zachary Ross
Zachary Ross

go to cinema in UK to watch it
its the dub
walk straight out

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

25 「私は何も知りませんよ。あなたが知っているんですー阿良々木先輩。」.flac

Baka, you're not even trying.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=798629

a.uguu.se/Ha5sl287aIMB_baka_user.flac if you just want that track.

Chase Gonzalez
Chase Gonzalez

nippon.com/en/people/e00107/

Makoto Shinkai: "I think... people in other countries think of Japanese animation as being just Miyazaki–san and then everybody else."

He's not wrong.

Even today, though, I think I’m still perceived overseas as something of a cult figure that people who are into niche or relatively unknown works can enjoy. So for instance, even if Your Name is a hit overseas and pushes up my audience figures, the core essence of my work is not going to change. That’s why I personally don’t think my works are going to reach a different kind of audience in the future than they have already.

Good guy. I like his mindset on this.

Mason Jones
Mason Jones

Makoto Shinkai: "I think... people in other countries think of Japanese animation as being just Miyazaki–san and then everybody else."
Pretty sure people in other countries think of Japanese animation as being lolis and tentacles.

Joseph Morris
Joseph Morris

Normies these days dont attribute anime with loli and fanservice. I'm sure they know of hentai though.

Jason Lee
Jason Lee

This.

If you ask a normie. It will either be. Naruto, One-punch Man, then Miyazaki.

Nathan Cox
Nathan Cox

Shit, I'm out of touch I guess.

Kevin Reyes
Kevin Reyes

How could Mitsuha forget that she fucking saved the town from a meteor?

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

timelines and the nature of love

Samuel Clark
Samuel Clark

how can the others forget?

Grayson Ward
Grayson Ward

The cinemas in my area didn't have it maybe because the anime watcher in my area is low. Which is sucks because other state got it.

William Allen
William Allen

The NATURE of LOVE and INTERTWINING timelines

Owen Myers
Owen Myers

Would the memories they've lost come back once they learnt of each others names at the ending?

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

How da fck does Cinema staffs tell if an area has a lot of anime fans? That cinema probably thought no one would watch Your Name.

Xavier Myers
Xavier Myers

What state?

Benjamin Bennett
Benjamin Bennett

can I ask Your Name™ (2016) [720p x264 English Sub]
Jesus Christ

Kayden Rodriguez
Kayden Rodriguez

we don't know but knowing shinkai probably not

James Perry
James Perry

suspicious

Evan Myers
Evan Myers

truly we have become the [Nazo Sub][You Name][GB][480P][PSV&PC]_HQ.mp4
SHINKAIIIIIIII

Brandon Gray
Brandon Gray

He let the audience continue the story as they please.

Joshua Wood
Joshua Wood

I watched this on my plane trip and was very touched by it. However I just realize that it is still airing in where I live now. Should I give it another watch?

John Powell
John Powell

Am i understanding this timeline thing correct?

- Taki is in highschool and switches with Mitsuha 3 years in the past. The Mitsuha in the present Taki timeline is already dead.
- Once the Mitsuha timeline catches up to the point where she dies the bodyswapping stops and her presence is deleted but he can still remember her and her name.
- Taki drinks the sake and travels back in time before the meteor hit. They meet and after that they can't remember each other and they manage to save everyone.
- Current timeline of Taki gets changed/altered as a result of this and it intertwines with Mitsuha's timeline. They can't remember each other and Taki is 3 years older then Mitsuha?

Brayden Sanders
Brayden Sanders

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

Adam Torres
Adam Torres

Fuck Germany, should I do this?

Nolan Fisher
Nolan Fisher

Did Keit-Ai find a way?
MASAKA

Leo Gutierrez
Leo Gutierrez

Taki is 3 years older then Mitsuha?
The other way around.

Henry Cook
Henry Cook

Taki changed the past that Mitsuha died. Everything else is the same. They forgot everything about the process of changing the past. So Mitsuha is still older than him.
Yes. Worth it.

Joseph Morris
Joseph Morris

Yes, it will be a memorable experience. In many ways. Airfare is cheap also.

Dominic Peterson
Dominic Peterson

rated T for Triggered

SJWs aren't your audience.

Justin Adams
Justin Adams

What's the best cinema in London to see it on?

William Roberts
William Roberts

Is it getting loads of play in London? Here in the Philippines it's about to leave theaters as soon as it arrived.

Adam Ortiz
Adam Ortiz

You're overcomplicating things.

-Taki in 2016 from three years after the comet killed everyone swaps with Mitsuha in 2013 for a few weeks, with the dates corresponding to each other. This is the failure timeline.
-Once Mitsuha gets meteored the bodyswapping stops, evidence that she left behind while in 2016 like the diary entries starts to disappear for no real reason
-Taki drinks the sake and bodyswaps with Mitsuha at the dawn of the final day -12 hours remain-
-Mitsuha remembers getting hit by a meteor for some reason even though theoretically that hasn't happened to her yet (musubi???)
-They meet and then prevent the deaths creating a new timeline
-The forget but meet up again 5 years later

Easton Lewis
Easton Lewis

What's going to happen to the Musubi god now? I kinda feel bad for it because it will no longer be getting any sake/offerings.

Jace Nelson
Jace Nelson

cinema
Cinemas are filled with loud and obnoxious cunts that can't sit down and be quiet for a couple of hours. Don't go to cinemas.

Adam Hughes
Adam Hughes

Wondering the same thing, ODEON seems to have subtitles. Best choice?

Isaac Robinson
Isaac Robinson

Minus the Nordic countries

Andrew Butler
Andrew Butler

Patreon
was once $10
now over $192

Whoa. Your shilling worked.

Keit-ai keeps finding ways.

Jace Scott
Jace Scott

Anywhere that it is being shown subbed instead of dubbed. But I like Westfield Stratford City because the QE Olympic Park is nearby.

Jeremiah Howard
Jeremiah Howard

He can't find the 1080 HD version with English subtitles.
You deserve to wait, pleb.

John Foster
John Foster

I saw mine in Westminster

yournamethemovie.co.uk

Christian Williams
Christian Williams

it's cheaper to fly between Germany and London than to ride a train between London and Manchester
With that said yes, do it, but are you sure you can't stay an extra day? It'll be less time pressure and there's so much else to do in London.

Evan Garcia
Evan Garcia

The lineage of his miko is still alive for body swap comedy shenanigans and the imouto is just old enough for that.

Angel Edwards
Angel Edwards

tfw you live in a second world country
Postcommunism piracy release when?

Cameron Jenkins
Cameron Jenkins

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, an anime preview, an anime episode, and an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar nominated, and a critically acclaimed box office success, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/

Asher Williams
Asher Williams

It's because of the MMFF. It was actually supposed to show in January. But they actually had to convince management to show it now. At least for 1 week before MMFF starts. Far as I know, they are actually trying to have it run as well even though MMFF is happening.

Connor Gonzalez
Connor Gonzalez

bbc.com/culture/story/20161215-the-10-best-films-of-2016

the tenth best film of 2016

Are the BBC getting bribed by the Cool Japan committee or something? They've been shilling this movie unusually hard.

Gabriel Kelly
Gabriel Kelly

Have the school holidays started? They just might.

Julian Sanchez
Julian Sanchez

deleted
What just happened?

Jack Gonzalez
Jack Gonzalez

Mods mistook it for Keit-ai posts.

Angel Ortiz
Angel Ortiz

X users

Nothing senpai

Jackson Walker
Jackson Walker

I assume Lance Julius Amida didn't want burglars in Manila to know that he will be out of the house on Tuesday 9pm.

Justin Campbell
Justin Campbell

It's actually a pretty exceptional movie.

Jayden Adams
Jayden Adams

Milk it in cinemas
It's already finished airing here in the UK and it got a very limited number of screenings.
I just want my wallpapers, is that so much to ask?

Ryan Myers
Ryan Myers

Meme magic is starting to really scare me, bro.

Bentley Parker
Bentley Parker

Kermode loved the fuck out of it.

When someone says it's "rip-roaringly good", it kinda gets your attention.

Justin Watson
Justin Watson

Keep telling yourself that. You'll not be able to watch it any earlier than that.
If you like the anime movie you'll be watching, fuck other people for judging you.

Julian Scott
Julian Scott

Is it likely that he's pulling strings with people he knows at the BBC to get it mentioned as much as possible?

Elijah Nelson
Elijah Nelson

doxxing yourself
High level memery

Luke Reyes
Luke Reyes

took own snacks in
asked for a cup of water
broblem officer? :-DDDD

Sebastian Parker
Sebastian Parker

5 Centimeters Per Second, more like 5 Wallpapers Per Second
The Garden of Words, more like The Garden of Walls
Kimi no Na Wa, more like Kimi no Na Wall

Evan Stewart
Evan Stewart

Nah. He just really loves it. Watch his review, you can actually feel how much he likes it.

I'm also actually surprised he's able to pronounce the places and names properly with no stupid accents.

Jordan Kelly
Jordan Kelly

Maybe he's a weeb

Carson Moore
Carson Moore

Too late for that, Julius.

Aside from Makoto Shin-kay.
But I believe the English in general are slightly more particular than the Americans about approximating the native pronunciations of words, although not by much.

Kevin Myers
Kevin Myers

Yeah, probably that, but they once play One Piece Film Gold and Dark Side of Dimension so it feels weird that they didn't play Your Name Is.
I meant region, I'm from SEA.

Colton White
Colton White

Lance Julius Amida
pretty stupid name desu

David Ward
David Ward

Do people seriously think Sup Forums memes had anything to do at all with its popularity or are we trying to meme that Sup Forums memes actually played any part into existence?

Luis Anderson
Luis Anderson

Meme magic isn't supposed to directly affect things, it's like a meme prediction. It's like how if I write "I can count to six" and my post is 666666. It's just an ebin coincidence.

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

I found a 480p / near 720p ver pretty quick in another site. Its a rip from cinema though you see the trademark thing and transparent text floating across.

It's easy if you can do with 480p. I'm not fussed about it. Will be waiting for non-cinema 720 p rip tho

Ian Ortiz
Ian Ortiz

BRAVO

Jaxson Gonzalez
Jaxson Gonzalez

hi brunei

If he likes it that much, maybe he's telling everybody he knows at the BBC culture department to to watch it and that's why they keep bringing it up.

Jason Adams
Jason Adams

Can someone tell me why that apparently it was Taki in Mitsuha's body in first minute of movie but then it immediately seemed like Mitsuha was back later on when she went to school, etc?

Confusing start for me imo

Jordan Anderson
Jordan Anderson

I asked my mom for a date to the cinema for her birthday but she shrugged me instead and asked for a cake.

Jackson Murphy
Jackson Murphy

Can someone tell me why that apparently it was Taki in Mitsuha's body in first minute of movie but then it immediately seemed like Mitsuha was back later on when she went to school, etc?
Simple, a day had passed in between EEEEEEEEH? and the next scene, but they didn't show the passage of time, just to fuck with you. Meanwhile her classmates were reacting to the events of post-EEEEEEEH?

Gabriel Gutierrez
Gabriel Gutierrez

It was a setup, I believed.
I just sad that the bodyswapping shenanigans only just took 1/4 of the movie.

Hudson Turner
Hudson Turner

Your mom's not fun at all, why wouldn't she want a more specific present from her son?

Leo Edwards
Leo Edwards

Buy the director's edition BD to see Taki fondling boobs all day.

James Cooper
James Cooper

Is that cheap for you? Then why the fuck not m8.
DO IT
You can walk around London too if you like that.

Ethan Johnson
Ethan Johnson

I already gave her a brand new tablet and phone. Then, it backfired as she now is a shut-in. Really, its been three weeks since she go outside the house.

Ryder Watson
Ryder Watson

Thanks y'all.

I would like to see more of the things that happen while the bodies are swapped, after seeing their daily life routine prior swap. Its more refreshing.

Caleb Russell
Caleb Russell

breaking news
weeb son converts mother into a neet
Literally what the actual fuck

Nathaniel Thomas
Nathaniel Thomas

Mitsuha gave her half to god, and god protected that part of her. That's why she can remember.

Ian Fisher
Ian Fisher

check this because I don't really care about quality
there's a Ukrainian two-people voice over for it
Shall I? Shall I, a?

Zachary Moore
Zachary Moore

Thanks user!

Juan Ross
Juan Ross

Do they actually use notebooks like this in Japan? Turning it 90 degrees and then writing from top to bottom and right to left?

Christopher Robinson
Christopher Robinson

I don't get it though. Tablet and phone are MOBILE devices. If it was a pc or even a laptop like i do own, then its a bit more understandable.

Just make up some reason/ anything to get your mom outside

Carson Parker
Carson Parker

I want to see that "house rules ver. 5" scene more.

Christian Lewis
Christian Lewis

I think it's a matter of habit but writing from top to bottom is fairly common esp. in essay writing iirc

Carter Clark
Carter Clark

It kinda makes sense if they're writing vertically and that way the spine doesn't get in the way, but yeah, that one is weird.

Andrew Evans
Andrew Evans

UK gets Your Name but not Madoka
Fuck you Canada

Oliver Powell
Oliver Powell

Check it out in side story novel!

Aaron Cooper
Aaron Cooper

Mostly I want to see more of what Taki got up to on the 2013 side.

We didn't get Kizu either, did we?

Daniel Wright
Daniel Wright

UK got Kizu but it was two showings in Scotland of the first 2 films

Owen Parker
Owen Parker

Fondling to almost reach arousal point
Smooth Criminal Intro dance
No bra basket ball
Scare the shit out of asshole classmates
Try to wear bra
Built Cafe

Caleb King
Caleb King

want to see it in a cinema
literally no cinemas in Paris are playing it
what the fuck
I thought the french were weebs

Owen Williams
Owen Williams

Just introduce your mom to mobage, I'm sure gatcha disappointment will fix her.

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

Don't do it.

Jaxson Cox
Jaxson Cox

My mother's unusually crafty at devices. She hate laptops/PC because she said it has so many buttons.

As for being a shut-in, maybe it runs in the family?

Tyler Cooper
Tyler Cooper

Come join me in London.

Lucas Fisher
Lucas Fisher

Franime weebs, sure.

Carson Parker
Carson Parker

/pol/ meme about memeing Trump to the presidency is just as valid (since it was the middle class instead of /pol/ that got the job done).

John Cox
John Cox

crafty
too many buttons
crafty
She actually sounds like the worst type of appletard, no offense.

Kevin Richardson
Kevin Richardson

Can't afford it senpai

Jordan Morris
Jordan Morris

Something else that bothers me about the timeline.

So at the very beginning we see Taki in Mitsuha's body for a brief scene before it cuts to the following day, in which Mitsuha is dealing with the fallout of Taki's confusion the previous day, including the "Who are you?" note he left behind.

She also talks about seeing dreams of somebody else's life recently. This implies that she's already been inside Taki at least once, potentially the previous day during which Taki was inside her.

However the following day when we for the first time see her inside Taki, it's clear from her reactions and from the reactions of the people around her that this is the first time Taki has been hijacked by her.

Even though theoretically while Taki was inside her a couple of days prior, at that point she should have been inside Taki?

I mean, yeah, the timelines are three years off-kilter, but they have to at least be progressing linearly relative to each other or else the conversations they have via message wouldn't make any sense.

Perhaps one solution is that they aren't swapping directly, rather that one person takes control of the other while they are sleeping and then wake up to the following day, but if it didn't work as a straight-up swapping of places, it wouldn't make sense for Taki to wake directly to a date arranged with Okunadera after having been Mitsuha for the day.

Aaron Reed
Aaron Reed

You forgot breaking the hearts of maidens and boys all over the school.

Oliver Hughes
Oliver Hughes

Fucking no! My mother took my credit card and bought these micro transactions without my knowledge. I had to deactivate my card so she could stop.

Ian Ross
Ian Ross

the mom is the loser /r9k/ tier NEET
epic

Mason Cook
Mason Cook

STR
ever winning against INT
Care to explain why she's not using instant death or time stop

Josiah Foster
Josiah Foster

There was an answer in Q&A pamphlet. Sadly, we don't scanlation yet.

Liam Hill
Liam Hill

Eurostar is only like 50 quid return ticket give or take a few, if you skip one meal a day for a couple of weeks it'll make up the cost

Kevin Barnes
Kevin Barnes

Interesting detail only noticed on repeat viewing, by the third oppai gag Mitsuha had stopped sleeping braless like before.

Ethan Ortiz
Ethan Ortiz

She knows Kerub is a crafty fucker that can occasionally roll a critical 20 because he's an ecaflip demigod. That's how she got her scars.

Jaxon Thompson
Jaxon Thompson

Just use Power Word Kill lmao, no saving throws

Samuel Williams
Samuel Williams

It was after no bra basket ball incident, and Taki can't wear them properly, so poor Mitsuha had to wear them every time before she sleep.

Connor Rodriguez
Connor Rodriguez

Come to think of it does someone have a .gif or .webm of the now bra

Colton Reed
Colton Reed

The so-called 480p version of KNNW with English and Chinese subs is actually a leaked sample for censor.

Andrew Anderson
Andrew Anderson

133EUR
to watch a shit movie because retards are talking about it
yeah totally worth it you worhtless autist

Connor Scott
Connor Scott

wew
Also not him but 133 Euros is pretty much pocket change.

Dylan Ward
Dylan Ward

youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Now reply you pathetic autists how I should stop talking about it. Don't forget the link to the fanfiction you worthless autists.

Kayden Ross
Kayden Ross

Its the experience which counts also.

Grayson Wood
Grayson Wood

being in a big room full of literal retards
great experience
I would rather watch a bad 360p camrip dubbed in Chinese.

Austin Barnes
Austin Barnes

being in a room full of literal retards
Sounds like you'd fit right in

Oliver Fisher
Oliver Fisher

It's not only seeing the film, travels to London counts also.

Ethan Peterson
Ethan Peterson

being in a big room full of literal retards
Just like what you're doing here on Sup Forums.
Watch it if you really want it mate. No one is watching your every action.

Henry Peterson
Henry Peterson

Fucking god, I hate the MMFF so goddamn much. I can only hope Your Name outsells every movie in there.

Isaiah Diaz
Isaiah Diaz

it's just another shit city like every other city, but full of sandniggers and niggers
on top of that you would spend 2 hours with retards watching a shit movie

Isaiah Fisher
Isaiah Fisher

Why not show it later after the festival is over? In the US they're holding off till next year.

Wyatt Price
Wyatt Price

Because the Philippines loves their anime. If they really want it, they'll try their get it as early as possible.

Also it was trending so much in FB by just word of mouth.

Austin Nelson
Austin Nelson

Movie is in 16:9 ratio. Knowing this, Shinkai made this scene in that matter to make it more "cinematic".

Joshua Brooks
Joshua Brooks

I can only Jizz my pants if it got a pass on the MMFF and when people come rushing to the cinemas and notice the Your Name HD trailer in one of the TV's and they decided to try and they are unaware of the emotional roller coaster they are going to experience, I would Jizz hard.

Angel Collins
Angel Collins

Dammit. Do we even have raw scans?

Zachary Cox
Zachary Cox

can someone post the translation of the do's and dont's of mitsuha and taki

Easton Hughes
Easton Hughes

This bothered me for a while and I basically came into the same conclusion you did.
But there's also the possibility that the first time we see 3ha in taki took place at the same time taki first appears in 3ha's body at the beginning of the film.
Then again this would make her whole "I wanna be a Tokyo ikemen" line redundant cuz she was already one just the day before

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

So why did taki and mitsuha start randomly crying after the last exchange? Did they ever explain it or was it just because it was the last exchange, and they somehow knew it on a subconscious level?

Josiah Green
Josiah Green

Thanks for this thread and for the encouragement, as it made me watched it in a nearby cinema. Wanted to cry manly tears at some of the scenes, but couldn't out of shyness. Good emotional stuff, I can see why people would like it. I'd probably forget it though next year, and it will never be the same again.

Austin Gray
Austin Gray

start randomly crying after the last exchange

Goddamn man.

Imagine having such longing for something you don't what for years. You can't move on, you feel it's there, but also you feel that it show up anymore.

Then comes the day you finally, finally fucking see it. What's more, you know that it really is the one you are looking for the whole time.

Do you honestly think you'll not feel anything cathartic about that?

Goddamn.

Wyatt King
Wyatt King

My theory about that is somewhere in the timeline that last swap was happening at the sametime they met in the mountain.

Eli Barnes
Eli Barnes

Then again this would make her whole "I wanna be a Tokyo ikemen" line redundant cuz she was already one just the day before
It also doesn't gel with the part where she remembered the "who are you" message and wrote "Mitsuha" in reply.

Julian Sanders
Julian Sanders

I will definitely not be going in theaters to watch Rogue One however after hearing a coworker saying that his selling point is that there's no White Male protagonist in the group.

But there are two.

Carter Powell
Carter Powell

He means the scenes where Taki just woke up crying and Mitsuha crying infront of the mirror.

Josiah Jackson
Josiah Jackson

the same conclusion
Unfortunately it's contradicted by the part where Mitsuha was arranging a date "while" Taki was hiking in the mountains with granny and imouto.
Really curious to see what the booklet has to say.

Jackson Morales
Jackson Morales

We have, we just need a mercy of moonreader.

Parker Cox
Parker Cox

Im amazed that someone can fall in love even though they never seen each other for even one time.

Jonathan Turner
Jonathan Turner

So why did taki and mitsuha start randomly crying after the last exchange?
Taki woke up to tears because Mitsuha had just been crying. Mitsuha continued crying when she woke up back in 2013.

I think she was crying because she was happily planning a date between Taki and senpai but actually it was a date that she wanted to go on herself with Taki. So she took a train to Tokyo to chase after him immediately thinking he was on the date.

Nicholas Rivera
Nicholas Rivera

When you're longing for something. It's almost something that you feel you know already and yet somehow you don't know it. And you're grasping for something that seems pre-ordained and yet somehow seems already to be lost.

And here's why I keep coming back to Shinkai and not just for the artwork, it's that sense of longing and yearning for something that is but at the same cannot. It's a fantasy really, which I believe is the very height of fantasy, the feeling of fantasy beyond the usual trappings of magic and spells, it's the kind of fantasy that is unexplored, its mystery never unveiled to in detail for the feeling loses its touch, the very fantasy of it, when it is know, the characters can barely comprehend it but they know its there and it has power over them, and only in special circumstance can it work form them (twilight at the lip of the crater of Itomori's god).

So, I guess, I can say Your Name is the height of the feeling of longing that permeates through Shinkai's films, though both Garden of Words of 5 cm/s are grounded in reality, the feeling is still there. So yeah, this near-naive longing all his characters have for their lover in their star-crossed paths makes Shinkai's works a good fantasy which I love.

William Brown
William Brown

But they saw eachother a lot. In mirrors.

Ethan Jackson
Ethan Jackson

Could it have been two different days? i.e. Taki goes into Mitsuha's body to go hiking, after which Mitsuha goes into Taki's body to arrange the date.

Carter Diaz
Carter Diaz

Yes it's different days. It's random. They say it in the movie themselves.

People are overthinking.

Daniel Brown
Daniel Brown

Not a chance. The date always corresponded. The randomly swapped in the same date.
They literally lived with each other. Saw each other world, social, and problem.

David Lee
David Lee

The string of fate which ties them together is bound so tight not even timetravel, forgotten memories and Shinkai could keep them apart. Bravo.

Joseph Mitchell
Joseph Mitchell

Just a tip for anyone who hasn't watched it.

Don't watch the Opening Sequence and Opening Song of the movie. You can listen to it but don't watch it. It has a better feel and experience when you watch the whole thing without getting spoiled a little at the beggining.

I happened to miss the OP song since I came late by 5 mins and thank god I missed it.

Parker Gonzalez
Parker Gonzalez

Musubi, motherfucker.

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

Just a tip for anyone who hasn't watched it.

Don't fucking browse these threads.

Henry Rogers
Henry Rogers

Oh shit right

Aiden Moore
Aiden Moore

He's a shipperfag. The best kind.

Christian Butler
Christian Butler

Well, that too. A lot of the conversation here didn't have spoilered text anymore.

Andrew Morris
Andrew Morris

They swapped before the start of the movie. Both of them event create a diary entries for each swapping. Mitsuha: Tokyo life entries, Taki: The rural life entries.
But they just realized and check them is 9/12.

Justin Phillips
Justin Phillips

Nice start for a review

Makoto Shinkai’s Your Name is the type of film one watches after an immense heartbreak.

Tell that to those that waited YEARS for Shinkai to stop SHINKAING.

Jace Sanders
Jace Sanders

is the type of film one watches after an immense heartbreak
You mean the type of heartbreak other Shinkai works trigger in people? Is this his way of saying sorry?

Joseph Butler
Joseph Butler

So how would you explain what I am assuming is taki possessing mitsuha before mitsuha possesses taki (because in her first time as Taki she remembers Taki's 'who are you' and replies)
The only explanation I can think of is that mitsuha somehow completely forgot about their first swap and left nothing behind the first time.

Brandon James
Brandon James

The fact that those that watched his previous films still get Shinkai'd speaks for how much ptsd this guys has given them.

Isaac Cook
Isaac Cook

And also that nobody around them comments that this has happened before at all.

James Reed
James Reed

youtube.com/watch?v=s0wTdCQoc2k

You know, for how much it is obvious that Shinkai asked the VAs to tone down their "anime voice" in this movie, the english dubbed does the opposite.

Jordan Walker
Jordan Walker

People said it managed to be more coherent in structure than 5 cm/s (which is like three separate stories, IIRC) but somehow I feel 5 cm/s was stronger in impact, even though I'm not really a fan of Shinkai and found the film a bit boring (unlike Kimi no Na wa, which can be casually enjoyed maybe numerous times even, since the ease of tension during the finale seems to help people who want to rewatch it like a continuous cycle of escapism or something).

Connor Cox
Connor Cox

One of the 2 Views in westfield, the others have shitty screens and or seats so that you can barely see over the person in front.

Kevin Russell
Kevin Russell

Who are you quoting?

Julian Wood
Julian Wood

Kermode in his review.

Daniel Rivera
Daniel Rivera

Hahaha too late user. I will just wait for the BDs next year.

Nicholas Sanchez
Nicholas Sanchez

Is the whole post from his review or just the greentext? It reads in a pretty rambling manner.

Aaron Jenkins
Aaron Jenkins

Likely better on BDs or in a theater?

Asher Hughes
Asher Hughes

Greentext is from his review, everything else is my thoughts. S-Sorry.

Julian Rodriguez
Julian Rodriguez

Just watch this now. I've just mustered my courage and watched it. Didn't regret it one bit.

Jaxson Ramirez
Jaxson Ramirez

It's OK user I was just curious because it does read like you just wrote out your entire unbroken train of thought.

Definitely a theater.

Isaac Ward
Isaac Ward

Blame Funi voice directors. Their simuldub work sucks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but weeb video game dubs these days are actually generally pretty decent while anime dubs lag behind, even when using a lot of the same actors.

Gabriel Davis
Gabriel Davis

Thread ending.

M U S U B I

Y O

Ryder Peterson
Ryder Peterson

Get all kinds of feels from watching the movie
Feel compelled to look up R-18 material of it suddenly

Normal?

Andrew Gomez
Andrew Gomez

MUSUBI YA

Nicholas Powell
Nicholas Powell

Very normal. I don't need to cap for weeks.
But damn. I just finished the timeline with screencap.

Brody Sullivan
Brody Sullivan

Bring your entire family to the theatres.
Your dick is tied by musubi.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit