(((Net Neutrality)))

>(((Net Neutrality)))

Other urls found in this thread:

transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db1122/DOC-347927A1.pdf
globalforum.items-int.com/gf/gf-content/uploads/2014/04/Thomas_Rosch_SPEACH.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/thread

Hm I dunno. The way I see it if NN is repealed I've got two oppressors whereas if it stays I've got one that doesn't have a monopoly on domains. To me it's false equivalency.

you have no idea so shut the fuck up
educate people and cram your opinion

There wouldn't be any packages for any preferred service. No packages, no throttling. It states right there that if they degrade services of Netflix or any other competing service, it'll be challenged as anti-competitive foreclosure.

Everything people have been bitching about when NN ends will not happen. There is already laws protecting consumers. Unfairly block or throttle, it would go under anti-trust laws or anti-consumer laws and that is when the FTC comes in. Want to mislead your consumers and lie to them about said activities? FTC will come in.

Take a gander and read it yourself instead of shilling for Soros for free. Unlike Net Neutrality, we can actually read what the FCC is suggesting.
transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db1122/DOC-347927A1.pdf

>(((educate))) yourself, goy

>There's just no evidence that they want to throttle small websites like you claim rather than the large tech monopolies.
Large tech monopolies have tons of money to throw around and have incentives to partner with ISPs to favor their content and tax non-favored content. Tiny companies do not have the power to do this.

>I don't see how helping the corporations who are doing the censoring pay less for bandwidth.
NN requires that all corporations, censoring and non-censoring alike, pay equal amounts for bandwidth. Google's traffic must be carried at the same priority and cost as that of Sup Forums, RT, the Daily Stormer, TPB, whatever; Google will not pay any less than anyone else. Furthermore, many of these "more neutral" websites already exist. You can join VK and discuss with your right-wing friends all the reasons liberalism is a disaster and it costs you nothing.

>Yes, because making the next Google or Amazon involves no significant infrastructure costs whatsoever.
The creation of a small website costs very little. As your userbase grows, if your site is promising, you can acquire capital: investors are looking for such growth opportunities, including right-wing investors such as Peter Thiel and company. By the time you need your own server farm you should already be a major player.

thanks for educating
k

>ISPs do exactly what they said they wont
>get sued and lose millions
>who cares lol they made billions doing it
this is what every fucking corporation does

your poorly proofread redditor shite was already debunked in the other thread

Are you legit retarded? What do you think happens when companies throttle right now? You think the government arrests the whole company thanks to Net Neutrality? No, same process.

It wasn't you faggoitor soros shills

>What do you think happens when companies throttle right now?
nothing
i just think it's stupid you fucking retards actually think ISPs will follow their """""""promise"""""""" to not throttle

Antitrust lawsuits are a VERY different and significantly slower enforcement mechanism than bright-line regulations. For example, Comcast could (and probably could) claim that there is nothing "anti-competitive" about building a dedicated Netflix line and favoring Netflix over all others, or throttling torrent traffic to a tenth of the speed.

I think that Comcast very well could prevail in that lawsuit. And if they did, it would be tits up for net neutrality.

Then if nothing happens, why do you need Net Neutrality you fucking dumb coon? Why do you even need to put certain laws on companies if they will just do it anyway and accept a few lawsuits?

I don't think you understand what regulations are. Just Google Anti-Trust lawsuits.
>United States antitrust law is a collection of federal and state government laws that regulates the conduct and organization of business corporations, generally to promote fair competition for the benefit of consumers.
>collection of federal and state government laws that regulates the conduct
>regulates

Instead of speaking in hypothetical situations, speak in facts. Both are regulations. Talking like SJWs now.

>Hillary and Soros says NN is good
>Donald and Weev says it’s bad
Hmmm, I wonder who to trust

And in literally the next fucking paragraph:

>The Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Department of Justice, state governments and private parties who are sufficiently affected may all bring actions in the courts to enforce the antitrust laws.

So, FTC regulations are enforced through lawsuits (judicial system), and FCC regulations are enforced through the administrative enforcement (executive branch). Which are completely different. Which is exactly what I just fucking said.

>Then if nothing happens, why do you need Net Neutrality you fucking dumb coon?
where did i say i did faggot
point to the post
you stupid fucking mongoloid piece of shit
fuck you and everyone like you who fucking tries to put words into someone's mouth because you're too fucking stupid to argue against the content of their posts
go fucking end yourself

>literally everyone except Dump saying NN has to stay
>DUMP SAYS GET RID OF IT, DUMP IS GOD LET'S FUCK UP THE INTERNET

Enjoy paying premium packages for youtube retard.

Wow the russian viral marketing firms are really going into overdrive on this topic... wonder why (not really, its clear)

>my whole world view is all about celebrity gossip even politics

Fuck off reddit

This much shilling by ISPs.

Did you not read it?
>>The Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Department of Justice, state governments and private parties who are sufficiently affected may all bring actions in the courts to enforce the antitrust laws.
>state governments and private parties
>and
It didn't say OR, it said AND. Other state governments can work along side to enforce the laws. Why do you all avoid the simple question of what will happen right now if a company decides to throttle? Do they all go to jail?

You said nothing happens if a company under Net Neutrality throttled Netflix right now. How about you stop speaking like a sperg and articulate your thoughts more clearly you nigger.

>redditniggers with no argument calling others reddit
hmmmm.

So far what I've seen is that ending Net Neutrality would hurt Netflix, which I approve of because Netflix is a hive of degeneracy to infect the minds of normies and catladies with Jewish cinema. I dont really know much about this Net Neutrality stuff, since it's an Amerimutt issue

>You said nothing happens if a company under Net Neutrality throttled Netflix right now.
really? you mean when i said nothing happens to a company under nn, just like nothing would happen to a company without nn? are you illiterate? do you know how to read a post and understand an argument? you seem legit autistic, and maybe sub-80 IQ as well. Maybe you should fucking kill yourself, you pathetic worthless retard

Not an argument. You've yet to answer the question you turbo turd nigger.

Incidentally, if you care, I have found a transcript of a speech by a former head of the FTC from 2011 saying that he did not believe his own organization would be capable of successfully enforcing neutrality on the internet.

"There is another reason why I think the FTC should stay out of the business of regulating internet neutrality. It is not altogether clear to me that antitrust principles can be applied to advance the goals of internet neutrality. To be sure, the Broadband Report suggested a number of antitrust theories under the broad headings of exclusive dealing, vertical integration, and unilateral conduct that its authors thought might be applied to promote internet neutrality. But successful antitrust enforcement requires more than theories; both the facts and the law must be arguably on our side."

"In summary, the law under Section 2 of the Sherman Act appears to be moving in a direction that does not favor antitrust enforcement of internet neutrality principles."

globalforum.items-int.com/gf/gf-content/uploads/2014/04/Thomas_Rosch_SPEACH.pdf

If you don't support net neutrality AT ALL, then this is a non-issue. But if you think that the FTC is the "right way" to enforce neutrality, and not the FCC, I encourage you to read this transcript. It's from 2011, long before people were howling about Twitter censorship and Trump.

>Other state governments can work along side to enforce the laws.
State governments can only enforce the law THROUGH THE COURT SYSTEM, as a party to a lawsuit. They must litigate just like everyone else.

>Why do you all avoid the simple question of what will happen right now if a company decides to throttle? Do they all go to jail?
They are administratively fined. No lawsuit is required.

you didn't ask a question you stupid worthless mongoloid subhuman
you're so fucking braindead it hurts
stupid fucking reddit soyboy piece of shit

SHILL FUCK OFF

BASED PEDE! net neutrality is good!

Always do the opposite of what Comcast says.

shills aren't shills when they are right faggot

>I'm not throttling, I'm just selling extremely fast speed at a price only Netflix can afford

It's literally big jew vs big jew, Either way you're fucked, They only way to unfuck yourself is to break up the ISP monopolies and we both know that won't happen, So fuck you and your net-cuckoldry, I'll take the ISP jew over the tech jew for now.

It's not one or the other, you can have the tech Jew or you can have both.

Take away NN and all you get is both Jews at once.

You have both jews with or without netcuckoldry, Let the ISP jew fight the Tech jew, I couldn't give a less fuck about fuckflix, jewtube, Like I said, Either way you're fucked.

I don't know about Trump since he's too old to really appreciate what the internet has done, but I trust weev on NN.

Le butt pirate speaks the truth

You realize that most of these companies are headed by liberals which means they can block and slow traffic to sites that have views they disagree with or altogether feel is "racist". Which means if Sup Forums were to survive they would have to ban users for "racist" or offensive speech or the site will no longer be able to exist.

Your argument to this is: "Nuh uh they totally wont do it!"

>americans are being cucked in every aspect of their daily life
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah

>regulations on laying down infrastructure and competing in the ISP market are so corrupt that Giants like Google can barely scratch the market
YOU RETARDS ARE PICKING THE WRONG TARGET. We need to attack the regulations that attack competition. Regulations are always used as exploitable tools for larger corporations to attack smaller businesses. If you really give a fuck about the internet you will do whatever it takes to prevent internet service from becoming a utility. Supporting NN practically admits that internet service is a utility. You shouldn't be fighting against or for it, put the pressure where it counts.

The only way you can fuck over ISPs is if you make what ISPs fear most come into existence. And that's competition. Regulation is their ultimate exploit.

And how the fuck to you propose we do that? You think the Pajeet is going to give a fuck about your opinion when he just told most of the internet to suck his dick a few days ago?

>jew on one side
>jew on the other side
should Sup Forums just kill themselves now?

Everyone's attention is on NN. We can use that as an opportunity to shill about the REAL problems like infrastructure regulations and how bumfuck retarded and corrupt they are. No one's going to side on the status quo, everyone wants faster and cheaper internet. Competition on the ISP market does exactly that. SHOW EVERYONE THE PRIZE for shutting down those regulations.

ISP's don't give a flying fuck about your 200kb image board, There's no money to be made from fucking with Sup Forums, the ISP jew is really hungry for the Tech Jew shekels, They want shekels from cuckflix and other bandwidth heavy sites.
The tech Jew is already shutting usdown
Who is kicking people off their platforms?
Who is demonizing?
Who goes out of their way to shut down your site?
Who fucks with your search results?
Who is promoting libshit propaganda and shoving it in your face?

Also this

/thread

I propose a middle road:

What if speeding up certain services through caching was allowed, but throttling or shutting off services was not?

There could also be regulation against non-compete clauses to help smaller ISPs to get off the ground.

Pfft. Middle roads...that's how you end up with a refugee problem.