Lupin the Thread

Official Dub trailer for Blue jacket Lupin
youtu.be/YrKLNFWu5VA

Red jacket DVD collection 1 Trailer (which is up for preorder now)
youtu.be/ee12JuuRB0Q

Offical Trailer for the upcoming Goemon film which is a sequel to Jigen's Gravestone and the Fujiko series.
youtu.be/c0XOK7C66hs

2017 will truly be the year of Lupin releases. Talk about everything Lupin.

>favorite characters
>favorite series
>favorite episodes
>favorite movies/OVAs
>favorite manga stories
>favorite jacket

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lew71shF0SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pZy8ydPxpeY
youtu.be/EUv41Pmn7wY
youtube.com/watch?v=4fnO9Mr3fKY
youtube.com/watch?v=3OY-Xj0DpyA
youtube.com/watch?v=sRQUBYJDJKc
youtu.be/eFKK9COcfuU
youtu.be/t4VHzBRDUfI
youtu.be/lUfFUegH1LA
youtu.be/BOdEGGK5VG0
youtu.be/t2g88jXPZbI?
youtu.be/-kqn2KoloUs
youtu.be/_1kpfVr1Gho
youtu.be/SXiOw8OznK8
youtu.be/Ni0ybn6992o
youtu.be/j8IYmYreGWQ
howtopronounce.com/french/lupin/
youtube.com/watch?v=JxtSAuJLa3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also dont forget to pick your favorite Lupin desgn. it is tradition after all

>favorite characters
Goemon, Zenigata
>favorite series
Two, followed by Four
>favorite episodes
n/a
>favorite movies/OVAs
Fuma Conspiracy, followed by Cagliostro
>favorite manga stories
n/a
>favorite jacket
Red, duh.

First Contact/Angel Tactics/the mid-00s design is the definitive one for me, personally.

you have weird taste user, and also the 00's Lupin is the worst decade for Lupin films. I will do my list soon enough.

anyone?

> also the 00's Lupin is the worst decade for Lupin films.

I'd agree for the most part. For movies I'd probably go: 70s > 90s > 80s > 10s > 00s. That said, 80s/90s Lupin looked like shit most of the time (IIRC weren't they mostly relegated to startup animation studios?). The design of the 00s (lots of curved lines in the face, almost monkey expression, etc) is what I picture Lupin as internally. I've always thought of him less as "Japanese James Bond" and more as "wacky goofball and his merry band of misfits", so that design just seems right.

Series four took the design in a good direction, it's just not what's in my heart.

>80s/90s Lupin looked like shit most of the time (IIRC weren't they mostly relegated to startup animation studios?).
thats where i disagree. I like the look of those lupin films (and 70's) more because after a certain period, all the Lupin movies look the same and it's boring. that doesnt mean they dont still look good but it's not eye popping. what made 80's and some of the 90's Lupin so great is the fact they looked pretty odd. some movies characters would be real lanky with long pointy shoulders and giants hands and feet. it looked refreshing and different, but that pretty much ended in 1993 where it evolved into the more traditional modern Lupin with exceptions like dead or alive and walther P38. By the time 2000 came along every Lupin movie was the typical look and animation which was fine but it stopped being creative in terms of art. if you watch a ton of modern Lupin then go back and watch something like hemingway papers or Gold Babylon or Fuma, it's so god damn amazing to look at because it isnt the same old shit. all those color choices and some over the top facial expressions. it's the movies from the mid to late 80's i feel best represents monkey punches designs with the exception of fuma.

when it comes to james bond, i see what people think that. I dont see him as just as wacky goodball like you do because Lupin is master of charisma and a man of many characteristics. He is so intelligent to the point where you'd swear he could figure out everything, other times he's flat out cool and suave, other times he's the kindest most caring person you'd know. He's many different things.

when is comes to series 4, I felt it's the most natural way to take the series. not only does it look unique compared to most anime, but it also maintains its fun roots as well as adding some cool and adventure type moments that has since made it so iconic.

>favorite characters
Lupin, Zenigata
>favorite series
1st series obviously
>favorite episodes
green series - prison, The Emerald's Secret, Rescue the Tomboy
red series - egyptian mask, fake Lupin, both miyazaki episodes
Fujiko series - 1st epsode, Jigen episode, Goemon episode, phantom of the opera
Blue jacket - haunted house
>favorite movies/OVAs
The big 4 clearly
Mamo
Cagliostro
Babylon
Fuma
as well as
Missed by a Dollar
Walther P38
>favorite manga stories
Flowers for Fujiko
>favorite jacket
Green obviously.

Fuck off, shilling turd.

cry more. There's new Lupin content in between the shilling. Nothing wrong with supporting Lupin, shitposter.

does anyone have a larger version of this?

anyone?

bump

For a time that was true, I agree, but with Eternal Mermaid, they started changing Lupin with every movie/special/series again. I think

well no. they still remained the same until about jigen's gravestone

wow i forget how stylized green jacket was... I also miss the hitlermobile.

why didnt Koike do something with this? Would of loved to see him do something with green jacket.

youtu.be/lew71shF0SQ

is zenigata's dub voice different?

yeah they hired a new guy named Doug Erholtz who has been doing anime for the past decade or so.

This cast is the geneon/red jacket cast from the old adult swim dub. they wanted to get the same actor for zenigata who's name is Dan Lorge but he doesn't do voice work anymore so they decided to recast. I think it should be fine but the trailer portrayal does seem a bit hammy which is natural for a trailer. i'm just glad Zenigata isn't all serious like in the fujiko series or Koike's Zenigata.

>>favorite characters
Jigen, Zenigata and Lupin
>>favorite series
1 and 4
>>favorite episodes
Hard to rebember
>>favorite movies/OVAs
Walther p38, The Sectet of Mamo
>>favorite manga stories
young lupin
>>favorite jacket
Green

>tfw italian
>tfw excited for the "new" lupin italian adventures
>tfw I did not liked the way it was drew
>tfw i did not liked the opening (sang by a shitty italian rapper)
>tfw Happyness is a mith.

>The Sectet of Mamo
It's Mystery of Mamo. Secret of Mamo sounds retarded and doesn't make much sense.

>tfw italian
sorry your people are shit
>tfw excited for the "new" lupin italian adventures
well weren't we all
>tfw I did not liked the way it was drew
well that's a dumb reason. also i hear the italian version looks cheaper for whatever reason
it was horrible and whoever thought that was a good idea should of honestly killed themselves
>tfw Happyness is a mith.
or how about don't watch the shitty italian version with the shitty italian dub, crappy looking animation, and shitty opening. watch the superior japanese version or wait until the english dub which i hear is pretty amazing as it should be since the cast is amazing AND has the japanese opening.

And to think we used to have openings like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZy8ydPxpeY

>favorite characters
ZazĂ 

>favorite series
First, Third

>favorite episodes
I have many but right know the first that comes to my mind is the one with Lupin and the little girl who wants to be like Lupin, sadly i cant remember the title.

>favorite movies/OVAs
Cagliostro

>favorite manga stories
I never read the manga

>favorite jacket
Pink

>Would of loved to see him do something with green jacket

But he did. The woman called Fujiko

>or how about don't watch the shitty italian version with the shitty italian dub, crappy looking animation, and shitty opening.

But I wanted to watch it on tv, While I was eating. (Even if it was night and not noon) Like when i was a kid.

The italian dub is actually good.

my mom dated Lupin's voice actor back in high school.

god that song sounds so shitty and stereotypical sounding. only the piano version is good.

youtu.be/EUv41Pmn7wY

koike didnt do the fujiko series dumbshit.

no it fucking isn't.

which one

nice man

Kuririn the second one.

i dont know who the fuck that is. there is only 2. Yasuo Yamada and kanichi Kurita.

He's been around for more than a decade. He was in the original Digimon dubs. He's a good actor, but his portrayal definitely sounds a lot younger, and not as gruff.

he sounds very gruff, it's just that the voice sounds really put on rather than it sounding really natural. have to wait to see how he does when actually talking in scenes. kind of would of prefered a voice match since the geneon and funimation dub of zenigata is a very easy to do voice and it's how zenigata has sounded since 2000 with the manga dub of cagliostro. that old time detective kind of voice. dont know how else to describe it.

where were you when Lupin and Zenigata died together?

youtube.com/watch?v=4fnO9Mr3fKY

To be 100% honest, When Moreno shuts the fuck up, Vanni keeps the quality of his sigles up.
Maybe it's because I'm used to Vanni's works.
But I mean, It has that "zumpa zumpa" early 2000/late 90' sounds that Italic Lupin's songs always had. See:
youtube.com/watch?v=3OY-Xj0DpyA

Now, I won't say anything about the constant delirium that the text of the song is. Because Moreno is probably just doing his best to say random shit, while Vanni always were tacky and nonsensical.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZOMBIES.
(For example, the text here means nothing but it's cool anyway:
youtube.com/watch?v=sRQUBYJDJKc

tldr: Vanni Is a cool dude. Moreno should be crucified.

what the fuck is this piece of shit. Lupin is JAZZ. this shit sounds like shitty early 00's pop mixed with some hip hop music. also why the fuck do they pronounce his name wrong. it's Lupan, not Lupen. are italians this retarded?'

second video also sounds like shitty pop where they also pronounce his name wrong.

3rd video is not even relevant to this thread.

what the fuck is wrong with italians? is this shit really accepted? This honestly seems only slightly better than the shitty rap opening for blue jacket series. I dont get how people could like this when it sounds like club music rather than Lupin music. it's absolutely horrible.

listen to good shit
youtu.be/eFKK9COcfuU
youtu.be/t4VHzBRDUfI
youtu.be/lUfFUegH1LA
youtu.be/BOdEGGK5VG0
youtu.be/t2g88jXPZbI?
youtu.be/-kqn2KoloUs
youtu.be/_1kpfVr1Gho
youtu.be/SXiOw8OznK8
youtu.be/Ni0ybn6992o
youtu.be/j8IYmYreGWQ

Maybe "gruff" wasn't the right word, so much as "gristly" or "weathered." I didn't grow up with the old English dub, so I don't know how they handled things there, but in this one, Jigen has the deepest voice. That's not inherently bad, but it does change the group dynamic, and if that gets in the way of characterization, then it is bad.

It doesn't help that Erholtz's natural voice isn't that deep and is actually pretty nasally.

>also why the fuck do they pronounce his name wrong. it's Lupan, not Lupen. are italians this retarded?
Have you never encountered French before? The Japanese pronounce it wrong, too, and Lupen is closer to the actual pronunciation. English fans might be used to the English dubs copying the Japanese pronunciation, but that doesn't mean it's correct.

>Like Jigen, Pops was a lot of fun too
>Part 2 was great. Part 3 would have been better, but the character designs were too off from the previous parts. They weren't bad it was just too much of a change.
>Best episode is the prison island episode from the 2015 remake. Most emotion episode in any cartoon ever.
Blue>Green>Red>Pink

the french pronounce it as Lupan which is how the dubs pronounce it except for early funimation dubs which they pronounced as it was written. when they dubbed the fujiko series however, they finally went with Lupan because they realized they have been saying it wrong.since then all Lupin dubs have them saying it as Lupan including the upcoming blue jacket dub.

the japanese pronounce it as rupan which i'd argue is closer to sounding like the french pronunciation than the italian one.

howtopronounce.com/french/lupin/

>Blue>Green>Red>Pink
blue is way too casual for Lupin. doesn't really stand out. though i do think its better than black, there's no way it's better than green.

>Lupin is JAZZ
And I approve this.

>it's Lupan, not Lupen.
We don't have the french "E".
At least we're not spanish. They Say LUPIN as it's written.
Also: "they dont pronunce the thing the way we

>what the fuck is wrong with italians?
"Cartoons are for childrens. They'll watch whatever, as long as it's a cartoon"
Also, the early 2000 was the tackiest moment for us. Lupin Wasn't seen as a "fancy" character, but more of a "comical bastard" always in the middle of adventures. More of a lucky quick thinker than a carefully planner.
Also, we had our fair share of fancy Lupin, Before that we had this, for example:

youtube.com/watch?v=JxtSAuJLa3U

Not jazzy, but french sounding. She even has a somesort of french accent in the "r"s

Also thank you for not proving nothin because all the songs you listed were From the OST and they didn't touched them.
They only worked on the sigle.

So yeah.
>Do I like the new sigle?
Eh. Not really.
>Do I like the pop early 2000 lupin?
Eh, Mostly nostalgia.
>Is user a flaming manchild who cannot build up a civil conversation?
Yeah, Gives that vibes.

gonna sleep. be back later if thread is still up.

also here's a comparison between gravestone Lupin and the upcoming Goemon Lupin.

Does anyone else have trouble watching kurita Lupin? It makes me miss yasuo. Just isn't the same.