Has anyone here actually stopped watching anime and just browse Sup Forums?

Has anyone here actually stopped watching anime and just browse Sup Forums?

what the fuck is anime?

A miserable pile of autism. But enough talk, have at you!

Me. I can't relate to it anymore. It's just too horny.

I did for a while, now Im back watching stuff.
But not just anime I also took reading back
You need to diversify I think or you burn yourself our

All of these comments are weird.

I watch one, maybe two shows a season. I browse Sup Forums because threads on Sup Forums or /vg/ just make me mad. That and there are occasionally cake threads here.

I just read manga and watch anime like 10 times a year

I need to cut back on anime and get back to shit posting on Sup Forums

frumb dogposter

I mostly just read manga and a few LNs now.

I haven't watched a single show in over a year. Been here every day anyway though.

>start watching eight more shows
>Can't be added to catch up with most of them because I'd rather be shitposting on Sup Forums
>Add more and more shows to backlog

This has been the case for over five years now

Halp

Actually yea. I stopped watching it in the middle of summer. I came back hoping to see Disappearance but I guess I was too late. Oh well. I still like weebshit games but animu I just can't do anymore

I have
been almost 4 years

I always feared the day would come but I'm in the same position. Even when I first got into it I knew the high would come to an end. It was so good though. I'd sit and marathon 24 episodes like nothing. Its really my own fault for burning myself out.

hentai is still dank though

Just the opposite. I come here less and less because there are very little to no threads that are actually decent. More than half of Sup Forums is shitty Sup Forums shows and reddit shows that have a seriously cancerous fanbase and are somehow allowed to have each a general and then several shitty side threads at the same time such as jojo. If the mods cared about Sup Forums they would just ban cancerous series that bring in newfag cancer to the board. Sup Forums is dying quite hard right now.

People just browse Sup Forums to get smug anime girls to post on other boards.

>the current year and its following
>still watching anime

I got bad anxiety and just stopped watching anime

Last anime I watched was NNB:Repeat, but I feel bad about missing stuff like luluco, girlish number, etc

I watch 2 shows per season on average.
I drop most shows after a few weeks.

Sup Forums addiction is way more powerful than anime addiction, thats why you end up with so many people that are only around to shitpost

I drop most shows after the first episode.

What did me in was that nothing was good when I quit. Mayoiga was shit. I really didn't like how dark Re Zero was getting and I don't read LNs or anything and never spoiled myself so I didn't know what I was in for.
The cutesy shows were shit, unlike Wakaba Girl.
I haven't even deleted them from my downloads because I feel like one day I'll finish them but I know deep down I won't touch them.

Cancer killing Sup Forums.

I'm only watching one show this season, so I guess I'm dangerously close to that stage.

Yes. Every season i would browse through the list of anime currently that season and usually find 2-3 that interest me. Then came a season which everything was shit and that was the start of it all.

Only anime i've seen past 2-3 years or so is Hibike, and thats mostly because of best girl. Pic related.

>watching kyoani shit
You're better off not watching anything.

Nope, the other way round. There's more anime to watch while Sup Forums threads are getting worse and there's lesser good threads.

People like you are why Sup Forums is getting worse by the minute.
Get the fuck off my board.

>watching kyoani shit
lmao

No, in fact I get even more motivated to watch things when there are threads about them.
Please go back to Sup Forums with your "board hates its subject" mentality.

All media is derivative. After watching a certain hundreds of shows you can predict how most of them are going to end.

In Sup Forums, you never know what is going to happen. Every thread can go in an unexpected direction. If you develop tolerance for shitposts then you can only get 2 kinds of reactions: warm familiarity and surprise (when you get THOSE posts that just have to be screencapped).

Nowadays I just read Manga and VNs since they are more experimental.

You've discovered my secret OP.

All I've been watching for the past year is normalfag shows. Although I saw Your Name recently and I think I'm going to watch Lain tonight.

hahaha I'm here to stay and there's nothing you can do about it

I asked this is in a previous thread, but it seemed kinda dead then, so I thought I'd ask again to get more opinions.

Is anyone else wondering why Taki didn't just tell Tesshi and Saya that he had switched bodies with Mitsuha when he was trying to convince them that they were going to die from the comet?

Taki just tells them that he knows they're going to die, but he refuses to tell them how he knows. But Tesshi is awfully quick to believe him, so much so that he's willing to blow up a freaking power station with stolen dynamite. I know that Tesshi was supposed to have a crush on Mitsuha, but I think only a literally insane person would do something like that for a crush (only John Hinckley Jr. has done something more insane for a crush), and Tesshi is clearly not insane.

It's stated in the light novel that Tesshi is into reading about occult stuff, so body-switching sounds like something he would believe. But in any case, I still find it odd that he didn't press "Mitsuha" more on how she knows the comet is going to hit them.

A bigger plothole is how they didnt notice the 3 year gap right away when they are using each other phone all the time which shoes the current date or hell even going to school should be enough as in JP schools the date is on the board every day

Sorry user, posted this in the wrong thread

I noticed I just dont let things like that stop me from replying, Sup Forums feels very random like that these days

what

For fairly long bouts of time, yes. I either finish a series and can't find another one interesting enough to watch or just can't bring myself to start watching another one.

Same for me. Between every anime being full of either titties or homos, I just can't bring myself to care to watch anything anymore.

Reporting in.
I have already seen all the masterpieces in the anime medium. Most of the new shows look worthless and boring

you should legitimately watch tanaka-kun, though. It got me through this sorta thing.

Actually, I stopped watching anime AND browsing Sup Forums. It's been two years since I last came here and about one since I've watched an anime. I just came back on a whim because I'm bored as hell and have nothing to watch so I wanted to see what was hip and happening to maybe get back into anime. So far everything on the catalog looks like absolute garbage

Guilty. Last show I watched was G-Reco when it aired. Next year looks nice though so I might start watching again.

Instead of watching new anime I've just rewatched Initial D like 3 times

hey

I remember picking up 30 animu each season like it was nothing. In the end all those shit anime made me lose interest in watching them. Now I only read manga and I am down the same path again following 50+ series. weeb inside me is dying.

I only watch anime that I grew up with tbhfampai

Been stuck in like 1995-2005 with only a few exceptions here and there but I still like keeping up with anime habbenings

I discovered VNs are better

>tfw only stick around for seiyuu threads

Drifters manga and anime.
Other than that, I might watch something or read it if I'm too tired to fap, but not tired enough for nap.

For people that have stopped watching anime, what threads do you browse? Manga threads? Or have you stopped reading manga too?

Most threads are currently airing anime, templates, or generals for specific series. Sure, there are occasional threads for older series and miscellaneous topics but do you refresh the catalog/front page for hours on end until you find something interesting? That's already hard enough when you DO watch currently airing series.

Alternatively, browsing threads for currently airing series without watching them, piecing together the plot and memes from the most salient posts and shitposting without knowing the source material?

I go in phases. I'll watch a bunch of anime, then stop completely and just play video games. Then I'll just read books. Then the music itch starts kicking in. By that point I start watching anime again soon after.

Been going for almost two decades now and have yet to burn out completely on anything. I think having other hobbies really helps, you're bound to burn out if you only do one thing.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but you are living a lie. Sup Forums died years ago

Sales threads, meme threads, anime from 10 years ago threads, miyazaki threads

Also current airing threads are fine, I can tell what an anime is about and how to make fun of it just by browsing a thread or two of it

yeah really only watch 1 or 2 shows at most a season, come to Sup Forums a lot more often to get the rundown on whats decent and look at the anime tiddes

It's actually the opposite, I just watch anime and come to Sup Forums less.

mostly come for the tiddies, if Sup Forums jizzes itself hard enough on something for long enough i consider giving it a try, growing older has killed desire to watch most stuff

i havent watched anything new in a few seasons. I pretty much just read manga and watch older shows now when i need background noise while i try to sleep

I watch jojo and keiko then read bnha all week
Thats it

I thought you meant right now tabbed away from watching anime to browse Sup Forums, in which case you'd be correct. The "marathon the first episode" meme is almost real for me.

Keijo* shit

I watch maybe one or two hours of animu a week, if that. I really don't even visit Sup Forums that much anymore because it's nothing like it used to be and it just keeps getting worse. Only reason I am here now is to look at /ss/ cards and buyfag

Its a consistent hobby.
>Browse Sup Forums daily
>see same thread
>judge whether an anime is half decent by the amount of shitposting of said anime, or praise
>praise
>download anime that meets my criteria
Sup Forums has become part hobby that I turned into a filter, too bad I rarely watch the anime I download.

Mostly threads about old shit if there are any and "news" threads. Some airing shows have nice threads so I sometimes lurk in those. Early Macross Delta threads were like that.

I marathon like 1 series when I have to travel to my work on sunday. Then maybe watch 1 or 2 shows per season. I just can't find anything worthwhile watching anymore.

I don't even have anime pictures on computer anymore

Sadly i only watch db super and thats it.
No anime got me hook this season
But i read a lot of manga

No show got you hook but you managed to watch the worst of the worst show out there, good fucking job.

Some of you dropped anime but still read manga. Why? I'm genuinely curious.

Blame my childhood
Just can't drop super
Never watched jelly vegeta or the movie retcons it makes you feel better.

Because they like to read manga? The hell kind of question is that?

More easy to follow
Sometimes good manga doesn't have an anime to follow
New anime is just promo for LN/Manga and sometimes it get rushed hard.
For some reason 80% of anime at least these last 4 years are haremshit.

>he doesn't just read manga and browse Sup Forums

Manga is better overall, more variety.
It has its own set of problems however with hiatuses and padding to make the thing last for as long as possible.

Because reading is more comfy

Yeah

I don't think I've actually finished a series in probably over six months. I never followed seasonal shows all that much either

Holy shit this thread, I thought I was the only one.
Is this age related? Im 31.

Nah, I'm 21. It's just that anime's garbage.

I stopped watching any anime after Non Non Biyori. The most recent anime I watched was ReLife and I got bored of it because it was just boring. But instead I rewatched Gurren Lagann and cried.

Same here. I've been doing this for 3 years, I think. Not because of the cancer that's killing Sup Forums durr, but because I don't enjoy the internet anymore. Everything everywhere seems so inane to me and I barely have something to add to discussions.

I stopped after Shirobako. That's the last one where I felt like I was part of the intended audience. I guess it would be unrealistic to expect this shit to grow up with me.

So this is the true face of Sup Forums. I fucking knew it.

Derp. I was supposed to quote

Retard, the people who are actually still enjoying anime wouldn't be whining in this damn thread. They'd be in the threads of the current shows.

yeah. I probably watch probably one or two movies, maybe one OVA or a series here and there. I use to download everything and gave every show at least 3 episodes before dropping.

I still read mango though.

I'm also 31

There's been a real lack of original anime lately. I think Fall 2016 may have been the worst season yet.

I've spent a lot more time reading manga than watching anime lately.

But I still spend way more time browsing Sup Forums than either of those put together.

I usually read more manga than I watch anime, with anime or anime movies I usually watch around 5-7 episodes per day but I can read manga mostly all day without stop.

Same here, this place is both a gift and a curse, I need to disconnect my internet sometimes if I really want to make an effort on my backlog. It really helps considering how big of a distraction it is.

Stupid tripfag

This is selective bias: the thread

>tfw no unabomber ova series

I did that from 2010 till 2013. Just grew bored of the same exact shows just with slightly different characters and setting

No. Currently watching Yuri on Ice, Keijo!!!!!!!!, Jojo, and Flip Flappers. Also started rewatching Part 1 Jojo because shitty part 4 made me nostalgic for how good it was.

>is obligatory to watch every haremshit/moeshit
Woah bad boy

I only watch one or two shows a season. There's enough ongoing manga getting new chapters to keep me entertained and old goodies that I read through. But yeah, I browse Sup Forums more than watch anime.

Is this place safe?
Reddit took over my board with their degenerate shitpost. I am scarred.