Got my Bakemonogatari order!

Vofan's artwork is amazing as always. Translations seem accurate so far.

> Translations seem accurate so far.
Post examples please

I wonder if Bakemonogatari will get an audiobook like Kizu did.

Why can't YP had this much of a class?

Based publisher

post some excerpts pls

that looks cool as hell, and it has my two favorite girls on the front. show us some of the illustrations and snips of dialogue - like RRRG's first conversation with snail or him talking to Senjougahara at her house

Fuck yeah getting mine tomorrow

>will be shipped today
>approximate delivery 29.12.2016

Same here. No idea what they're doing, but my preorders on amazon are always either late by several weeks or have ridiculously inaccurate estimated delivery dates.

>monogatari is 10 years old

really makes you think

Haruhi > Monogatari

If it's anything like kizu I'll be happy, the official translations were considered just as good if not better than the fans

>pre-ordered 6 months ago
>Amazon warehouses are 20 miles away
>hasnt even shipped yet

The fan translation of Kizu was pretty ass. So it's not like the bar was set very high, but yes. The official translations did a good job.

Mine was shipped today. Don't know if I'm going to get a lot out of this though. I enjoyed Kizumonogatari a lot but I feel like I already know Bakemono by heart by now.

>still got 20 million novels to go

How many parts is it split into?
I will probably buy it after christmas, also liking that cover art. Any pics of the side?

IV never read them but I was happy with the official release, I never bother to fan translations because they are almost always awful

I still liked the fan translation of Kizu. It spent a lot of time hovering around machine translation tier quality, but would occasionally become very poetic as Nisio's writing shone through. It was a neat experience.

Wait, wasnt it suppose to be out on the 22nd?
Shit, ordering it now.

>Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate.

3 parts

Goddamnit, they better release the rest of the parts soon. If it takes them years to release all of Bake I'm just gonna hire a nip to translate the books and hire some pixiv artist to do illustrations and then sell Bake to spite Vertical.

They're already scheduled to be finished with Bake and to start on Nise in 2017.

20.Dec Bake 1
28.Feb Bake 2
25.Apr Bake 3
27.Jun Nise 1
22.Aug Nise 2

There is also Zaregoto on 24th next month

I was supposed to get this on the 23rd, but somehow the order arrived to my store just yesterday. It's handled way much better than last year with Kizu.

Anyone had it ship from Amazon UK?

Still sitting at preorder with no delivery estimate here.

Ok good
I guess I'm too used to shitty release times from Yen Press

no

zaregoto?
sweet

Vertical has impressed me a lot more than Yen Press, that's for sure.

KIZU 2 WHEN THOUGH

Less than a day until release in Japan. Let's hope that rips are quick like last time. Also that they include the main menu like last time because it was awesome.

HYPE

Someone post a page, I wanna see what the TL is like

will commie deliver the best subs again?

>commie

So are they going to do a audio book like that last one? I'll still buy the book, but the audio book wasn't bad.

>the audio book wasn't bad

Let's hope they finish it this time.

I've listened to a ton of audio books. And on top of it being a LN audio book, it was not bad at all. The female voices took a second to get used to though.

Well, I guess some people are happy with it. My asshole puckered all the way into my stomach when I heard the shitty voice actors.

OP here. Posting pictures now.

ayy lmao

Looks good

So the put the original cover on the reverse side, just like Kizu. Nice.

I hope this is old artwork. Vofan did not do a good job of focusing those eyes.

It's the same artwork as was in the OG LN prints from 2006.

I like the way these Vertical translations don't patronise the reader. LNs fan translations have a bad habbit of over explaining everything with their phrasing, but Vertical seem to drop it as much as they can.

For example, where a fan translation would phrase something as "The blond girl walked to the dresser in the corner of the room. There she reached inside the dresser and pulled out a clean shirt to wear.", Vertical would usually translate as "She walked to the deresser and pulled out a shirt."

I believe if it's due to how Japanese is a language without many commonly used stand-alone pronouns and alternative nouns, which causes it to have very specific phrasing. Fan translations retain this, while Vertical translate it into something that flows more naturally in English. Either that, or LN writers just suck and Vertical improve their work.

>senjogahara

I just wish the blu rays weren't so fucking expensive.
The novels being translated is great, but it'll take them over a decade at his rate.

>buying books on Amazon
Enjoy your damage books, every single time I've bought a manga or book from them it's arrived damaged.

At least it's not Senjyougahara

>he likes it SenjYougahara

It could be worse
I will never not be annoyed whenever i read Kissshot Acerolaorion Heartunderblade

Just reserved my copy today and can't wait to pick it up tomorrow on Barnes & Nobles.

I don't think I have seen much of the LN artwork, is there a dump of them?

hooray I was going to make a thread if I didn't see one for this

the B&N closest to me says it's not in stock but I don't know if that means they don't have it at all or all the copies have been reserved already (unlikely)

the closest one that says In Stock is a 45 min drive, almost thinking about going

>not senjougahara

Nigger how? It doesn't come out until tomorrow

My copy says it won't be here until Thursday

Kizu when?

Not sure about how the OP got his, but book stores break street date on books all the time. I usually just check a book stores website to see if they have any copies available a bit early then I go pick them up

Kisu?

post the tore part

is it still fucked by not using hyphens for Kiss shot?

>bath-pissed church
took me a sec.

Yes. But it's not that big a deal since her name is so massive that it's easy to parse regardless. It just looks a little ugly.

>Amazon
enjoy you're book damage

FUCKING AMAZON

why not bookdepository?

We got Kizu last year.

I used Amazon for Kizu and they didn't let me down, but it looks like it's cheaper on BD

Fan TLs are just notoriously bad because they either don't know Japanese and use Google Translate or know way too little to actually translate, let alone comprehend the text

lel i just realized
>Parent organization: Amazon.com, Inc.

How's the audio book?

are they doing it in chronological order?

Wasn't it Senjyogahara in the original?

Yeah.

No, they just started with Kizu because that's what Nisio and his team wanted

Is this emotionless girl actually a genki-girl in disguise?

She's actually a chuuni who copies whatever she thinks is fashionable at the time.

no wonder i found it weird trying to word it

well its on the right track so far

Nisio was smart. Kizu's vampire battles are more marketable to a western audience than Bake.

How would nisio ever make money off the western audience?

Well, there's a little something called licensing fees. They can either be one-time fees for the distribution of a work in a certain area, or per copy sold. Basically, when his writing sells somewhere, he's getting money for it if he or his lawyer or his publisher are anywhere near decent at business negotiations.

The 1st english volume comes 10 years after jap release.
Nisio might as well assume world outside Japan doesnt exist when writing.

Hey, guys. New to the Monogatari series.

Should I start with Kizu or Bake? I downloaded both.

No digital no buy

Anime or books? If it's anime start with Bake simply because Kizu isn't all animated yet. If it's the books then either one is fine.

I meant ebooks. But sure, I'll just flip a coin then.

It was already in stores two days back. Reserved my copy and got it yesterday.

"Make yourself at home"
I fucking love senjogahara

People are getting copies in twitter

Nice, hopefully someone will upload it fast like last time.