It's over Saber! I have the High Ground!

Why are Assassins always so fucked over?

Kojiro: Very little screentime
Hassan: Doesn't show up till Heaven's Feel, zero exposure in spinoffs
Zero Hassan: lol

And so on. Li Shuwen is the only one who gets showcased a satisfying amount.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgrk45stO5A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Very little screentime
>Doesn't show up till Heaven's Feel

Surprisingly enough, assassins are not supposed to draw attention to themselves.

Why is Saber such a shitty whale?

Except King Hassan though. Damn is that guy based.

The high ground mattered

>EUROPEAN SWORDMANSHIP BTFO

But he lost cause his shitty Japanese metal bent after a direct clash with a Euro blade. Rare for Nips to admit that.

>Hassan
>Zero Hassan
You're telling me they are different?

ah that was bullshit
the fact that a literal comic book hero was better with a no common sword than fucking SEIBAH was good enough

>zero exposure in spinoffs

That's not true, he wasreally cool in Camelot chapter. Hassans in general had a good exposure in F/GO

>Except King Hassan though. Damn is that guy based.

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=rgrk45stO5A

Assassins are really one of the best classes in theory. You can just have them sneak in and kill the other masters without anyone noticing before it's too late. Imagine if Kiritsugu had gotten Assassin? Nearly every master of an Assassin uses them in the worst way possible.

It was nice seeing Hassan's get so much recognition in GO. They're pretty much the heroes and Round Table being villains was also pretty great.

The plot demands that Assassin's Masters need to be retarded, otherwise the MC would get killed in the first night without noticing anything.

This old Man can not be topped.

Wasn't in said somewhere that in all the derivative grail wars Hassans were winning too much they had to nerf/ban them? We saw how far Assassin with a good master can go

The nerf is that they can only summon a Hassan, imagine if Li was summoned in 4th or 5th War.

No, I mean in the 700-whatever other grail wars, Assassins (particularly Haasans) had started to gain a huge win-loss ratio. Fuyuki's only normal wars were 4th and maybe 3rd and they always had the Hassan-only rule

By F/GO he got some exposure. But look at the F/SN based stuff. He got nothing in Hollow, Carnival Phantasm, and Unlimited Codes, and was a joke in Zero.

>teleports behind you
>Psshht, nothing personel kid.

He is the edgiest Servant to date, and I love him for that.

Merlin: Need I say it. It was by you, Gudao.
Merlin: He said he would throw away his Grand rank in gratitude to you. And the foe is an enemy of humanity, a Beast.
Merlin: The conditions by which he could appear in this land had been in place from the start! Your battle, all of it, had meaning.
Dr. Roman: …Could it be.
Dr. Roman: The reason why Gudao’s bioreadings disappeared in the underworld before was because…
Merlin: That’s right. Now behold the sky, o primordial sea! For that is where your grim reaper stands!
*grand battle music*
Ziusdra: …There cannot be life without death, and it is because there is death that there can be life. The eternity thou claims is not progress but slumber.
Ziusdra: Beast of disaster, evil born by humanity. The love that brought thee to seek regression is what casted thee aside.
Tiamat: Aaaaaa----
AaAa, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ziusdra: I need not the rank of Grand, but in my blade now dwells the proof of the strongest.
Old Man of the Mountain: Thou may be a god that has fallen to a beast, but thou art still the primordial mother, so I must reveal my name.
Old Man of the Mountain: From the abyss of the ethereal valley, I came to deliver the dark death. I am the old man of the mountain, Hasan Sabbah.
Old Man of the Mountain: The Evening Bell has called thy name. Let those wings be deprived from you under the mandate of heaven!
*slash*
Dr. Roman: The pattern of the Beast II’s spiritual foundation has changed…
Dr. Roman: Incredible…he didn’t just cut off Tiamat’s wing, he even added the “concept of death”!
Dr. Roman: Tiamat’s scale is huge as ever, but she has a normal one, the pattern of a Servant’s spiritual foundation!
Dr. Roman: We can beat her! It’s possible to completely destroy the Beast II!
Da Vinci: Romani! I’ve found her spiritual core!
Da Vinci: It’s the usual place, her head! Not her heart but the head is her weak spot!

Seriously, how can Hassans be topped?

'sup

>Fucks everyone over when he gets things his way
Nah.

Referring to his anti-assassin attack. That's how he tops them

It may solve Hundred Faced Hassan easily, but if we're talking about Grand Assassin King Hassan he'd just murder his way through the entire army.

What if Shirou summoned him instead?

Isn't there some rule that only Hassan or versions of it can be summoned because assassin requires that the heroic spirit doesn't have a definitive identity?

No. Only Hassans are summoned in the Fuyuki Grail War because the word "Assassin" is literally the catalyst which comes from Hashshashin, the group King Hassan founded.

If that's allowed then what's stopping people from summoning specific heroic spirits using their names as catalysts?

Or do they actually use an artifact that involves the name rather than just the name itself?

>ufotable changed his sword bending to his hilt cracking
Why?

The name of the class is derived from their name, hence their name is the catalyst. If there was a King Arthur class, you could probably use his name as a catalyst then.

something something japanese steel

Is it illegal to show katana's breaking/bending on Japanese television.

Okay, that makes more sense. But in spinoff works there are other assassins besides Hassan, so does that mean that Hassan is just the "default" assassin because of the name being usable as a catalyst?

The Hassan only thing is only for Fuyuki. Back when it was just FSN, the rule didn't really mean anything, but for other works it severely limits your options for interesting Assassins, so all other works have their own reasons/rules why Assassin is not just limited to Hassan.

Depends on grail war.
In Apocrypha: Hassan has been banned for being too one-sided, grail wars became distorted events where nobody left their bases for fear of Hassan, resulting in failed rituals from timeout all over. Somehow the system was tampered with so that Hassans could no longer be summoned resulting in abnormal assassins.
In Strange Fake: fake holy grail war is fake, but one of the two assassins summoned is Hassan, and the other is a failed Hassan candidate.
In Extra: Moon Cell does not use catalysts and can summon whoever.
In Grand Order: Servant Summoning System "FATE" does not use catalysts and can summon whoever.

DUDE

KING BRO

It's not gonna work.

Who is Strange True Assassin? Was it Thomas Edison, or was he a Berserker in that?

We just call him Spooky Hassan nowadays since his skull mask is much more skeletal than average and his EX rank Presence Concealment means nobody can find him. (even when attacking it only drops to A+, still nearly impossible to detect)

Edison may be the identity of True Berserker but it isn't actually clear.