So I just finished Akito for the first time in anticipation for season 3. It's shit, don't watch it ever

So I just finished Akito for the first time in anticipation for season 3. It's shit, don't watch it ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oOCydGRcv1A
youtube.com/watch?v=GdnKfRgchBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why user? I was planning to do the same

considering I enjoyed CG, why would I not like akito?

It's worse in every way than Cg. Still, it's entertaining to watch. If you like Cg then its worth watching.

It's okay, but not nearly as good as CG. Akito has great visuals imo, but the music is weird. And what made CG was the characters, and none of them had the wow-factor of Lelouch, Suzaku, Orange, Shirley and other members of the main cast.

In other words, Akito is worth it just for the three scenes with Lulu and Suzaku.

It's just something different from the usual Code Geass because it was from a new staff. The only problem I had with Akito is some things definitely was rushed. Otherwise, I think it was ok.

Too late, I watched it.
It's utter shit.

The art (backgrounds in particular) is the only noteworthy thing about it.

There are different staffs that did things right.

While Urobuchi isn't Nasu he still managed to create something that was his own distinctive creature without warping the characters and the setting as they were originally intended.

The "staff" of Akito on the other hand couldn't be bothered to do something congruent and respectful of the original.

It's a terrible set of movies that only took the superficial ideas of Geass and tried to run with it.

No interesting characters, horrendous use of soundtrack, ugliest CGI I've seen in a while and then a useless Lelouch/Suzaku cameo just to garner interest. Couldn't stomach any more than 2 movies.

The original didn't even respect itself.

>Akito is shit

No shit. Even /m/ had a hard time watching or defending it

Fuck you all jerks, Akito saved anime and pic related is why.

Think of all the things you like about lelouch.

Got it?

Okay throw them all away

The only thing I enjoyed out of akito was the small amount of fan service. Ayano best girl.

Eh, I dunno, Julius stomping on the dignity of the Britannian nobles was still pretty insanely satisfying.

>Akito
Doesn't Lelouch make an appearance in it?

Is it non-canon?

He gets a few minutes in every movie, and it's usually the best of the hour.

Source: I only watched Akito to get a few more seconds of Lulu.

Not sure if that is worth watching all the movies for some scenes.

Lelouch/Suzaku show up, rolo does as well, but all of them feel off from their characters in R1/R2. Maybe it got better in the last movie or so but honestly Akito just felt off.

It is technically canon since it happens between R1 and R2, but really has no impact on the story of R2

I'm on episode 2, it's a lot more grounded than the series but I like it a lot

>rolo does as well,
How's that work?

Just wait, user. Just. Wait.

At the very end, you don't have to suffer his presence more than 2.5 seconds.

You got me user, I didn't finish the Akito movies because how not code geass they were

>wake up and see this

Why undo one of the more dramatic scenes the second season had? The way he died was the kid's saving grace.

Yeah I didn't mind rolo closer to the end. When he originally appeared I couldn't stand him, but after his redemption he was a bro

>wake up and see Akito the Exiled

Nobody deserves that, user.

>Not sure if that is worth watching all the movies for some scenes.

They spend their time in a cell doing nothing.

The last episode with all those time travel and collective consciousness bullshit really killed it for me.

I still have no fucking idea what Shing's geass does.

Are you under the mistaken impression that Akito comes chronologically after R2? It's between R1 and R2 so Rolo and Lelouch being alive is a matter of course.

I was pissed at first because i thought that they just gender and role swapped lelouch and karen.

Its even worse, this girl is useless as fuck

Cmon, that obviously isn't what people are talking about when they mention the Lelouch/Suzaku scenes.

The Lancelot vs the world scene was pretty cool, and anytime Julius was going ham about something was great. [\spoiler]

I think it's basically a way, way shittier version of Lelouch's. He can command people to commit suicide, that's it.

I think the one thing that bothered me the most was the premise of how power the EU was. In R1/R2 the EU wasn't even mentioned outside of "being rabble". It took some of the punch out of how neat lelouch was able to give britannia such a hard time when the EU seemed to be doing a lot to mop the floor with them.

>but after his redemption he was a homo
FTFY

I can't believe that to this fucking day we still have people who don't get when Akito is supposed to happen.

Why didn't Akito kill himself then?

Is it? My mistake. I thought elaborately eye-patched Lelouch indicated that he still had his memories.

It does the same thing as Lelouch's geass (which speaks volumes of the writer originality), maybe the only difference is that it's limited to "die" command since it's the only thing he ever orders, but it might be just him.

They never explained, however, why Akito was the only one that instead of obeying the "die" command, is affecting by it by becoming a killing machine instead.

Also they never bothered to explain Leila's Geass.

youtube.com/watch?v=oOCydGRcv1A
When did you think it happened?

I don't recall if they even explained that well in the movies.

I think the emperor rewrote his memories twice or some shit

Isn't it because 死ね also means kill on top of die? Isn't it just how he interpreted it?

Because it's a shitty anime with shitty writing.

He doesn't have his memories, but the writers of Akito decided that he had some kind of rejection syndrome and remembers something now and then, even if in R2 he was perfectly fine and never doubted for a moment that Rolo was his only sibling before C.C. came to his rescue.

The power of love, friendship, and lazy writing.

You must have watched kinda distractedly, they make kind of a big deal out of Julius being a persona implanted by Charles.

Yeah, Leila's time travel shit is retarded. In CG it was a pretty important part of the Geass that they could only affect the human mind.

I guess there's some precedent for time-fuckery with the Knight of One's Geass.

youtube.com/watch?v=GdnKfRgchBM

There was a R2 picture drama where Milly had a moment where she started to remember some stuff about Nunnally, to be fair.

Nope, it means "die" in its imperative form. It doesn't have the meaning of "kill", that would be "殺せ"

I thought the Akito images of Lelouch were an epilogue of sorts.

I guess Charles had Lelouch doing weird shit before sending him back to high school? I don't know.

I guess you could make a case that Bismarck's geass allows him to see somebody's intentions, maybe.

That's pretty much exactly what he did, although everything about what he had him do made little to no since in context of everything that happened in R2.

How come lelouch never remembered anything about it but remembered everything around it in R2.

Akito just feels like a bit of a cash grab and for good reason, there are multiple reasons I dropped Akito and never picked it back up to finish. I hear the 4th movie is the worst

>Yeah, Leila's time travel shit is retarded

It cooould be that she had merely experienced a possible future, similar to how Bismark's geass works but stronger. But we will never know because they never explained it.

At any rate that still doesn't explain why not only she was immune to Shing's geass but also somehow made it backfire.

They could always say that rewriting someone's past to a certain extent causes the victim to have those types of reactions.

If that was the case nothing could cause a rejection in Lelouch more than directing his brotherly love to someone other than Nunnally, but R2 never suggested that.

I hope they don't reference Akito in R3.

Yeah, I think we're all right there with you.

I wish they'd done a Rogue One type ending.

I see your point, and I agree. My reasoning is, he's in a familiar place, surrounded by familiar people, the only thing different is the gender of his "sibling" and so would not cause such a reaction. Hopefully, they completely ignore akito for R3.

was it rape?

I hope in R3 the enemy will be Nazi, for the sole reason that the whole cast of Akito would be put into concentration camps.

Rape of the fanbase maybe.

Consensual rape, he enjoyed it.

Whatever it is, it doesn't look consensual.

My guess is that lelouch failed to kill off all the Geass users and a few who may have known Lelouch's secret of geass tries to take over the world by using Geass of their own when they believe lelouch to be dead

He was a kid. He didn't know what death was.

she wasn't tge one who did it, though.

So will Lelouch actually be together with C.C. this coming sequel?

Or is he doomed to acquire another tragic harem of unrequited love?

>Or is he doomed to acquire another tragic harem of unrequited love?

Shit it didn't occur to me, but he probably will add even more love interests on top of the previous ones. Stupid sexy Lelouch.

Akito is complete shit. Don't waste your time

>So will Lelouch actually be together with C.C. this coming sequel?

From some of the anons that saw the PV Lelouch and C.C. are traveling together. Definitely going to be weird, my guess is they will refer to each other as accomplices with heavy implications

I hope they don't do that. The new girls couldn't possibly compete with the OG's.

Shirley's coming back.

>my guess is they will refer to each other as accomplices with heavy implications
They don't really have an obligation to travel together anymore, so the fact that they're sticking together after losing everything else is nice.

But yeah, I guess they might be slower to acknowledge something romantic about it.

I liked it. Although I enjoy mecha shlock and akito didn't fail to blow off my pants with a lot of its visuals. The centaur mech with the crazy acid dream scythe had me at hello.

I'm not even mad OP. Not even mad.

They both are pretty deep in with geass, not to mention C.C. was really sad on the final episode when lelouch got stabbed.

Not to mention they are now both immortal so it might be best to stick together

What about the cute loser girl?

I probably wouldn't have minded the fights or it being a gundam if it wasn't for the fact they put the code geass name on it. Some of the stuff looks nice, but attaching it to code geass....

What do they have to strive for anymore outside of chilling out on their road trip?

Well if it were made known lelouch was alive, after getting "killed". It would probably fuck a lot of shit up for Nunally and other nations.

>Dictator everyone grew to hate magically comes back to life

99% sure the world Lelouch conquered would be in a serious shitfest

And I guess plastic surgery doesn't work on immortals.

I'll be disappointed if we don't see one fake mustache throughout this whole adventure.

He still has his Geass, he could be living in a small town where he geassed everyone to not think of him a lelouch.

Akito is terrible. Just terrible.

Plot is a mess.
Music is unmemorable and it just doesn't fit.
Characters are boring. Like, completely boring. Nobody wants to watch them do stuff.
And the CGI. Oh God, the CGI.
Battles are too long and direction uses all the cool tricks too soon. Action becomes repetitive every single episode.

There is nothing to like here. Just terrible.

I don't know if your trying to be cute or coy or what but its not workin so stop it.

A bad mecha series has its charms is all I'm going to tell you.

There's plenty of bad Gundam out there you can watch for charm.

There's bad/shlock mecha that is enjoyable, and then there is just shit

>it was a pretty important part of the Geass that they could only affect the human mind.
Whelp....

>It took some of the punch out of how neat lelouch was able to give britannia such a hard time
Maybe in your fanfic

>viewpoints.

Not the user you're replying to, but C's World is a collection of human's minds. So your point is what, exactly?

To me one of the cool things in R1 and R2 was how Lelouch was able to outwit a lot of Britannia and draw the attention of Knights of the Round and a lot of Britannia's attention.

>but C's World is a collection of human's minds
Except that's not C's world that's the planet Jupiter

Cool damage control.

1.) That's not C's World

2.) That's the planet Jupiter

Why the fuck do people confuse Ragnarok with C's World? Charles plan had shit to do with C's world.

Is this a new meme or something?

Rewatch the show before spouting stupid shit dumbfuck

>Spouts something incredibly wrong and stupid
>decides to play dumb

How embarrassing

Charles' plan was what, then?

Instrumentality

And how does the planet Jupiter figure in to that? And how does the collective unconscious of humanity not figure into that?

>Its a Akito hate thread episode
It never ceases to amaze me with the double edged hypocrisy that goes on in these threads. It surely doesn't help that so many people here thinks it takes place AFTER the series.
>in R2 he was perfectly fine and never doubted for a moment that Rolo was his only sibling before C.C. came to his rescue.
In one picture drama in R2 Milly started recalling some memories of Nunnally despite the fact that she was brainwashed like the rest of the class. In any case this was an issue with R2's writing not Akito's because the implications of why Milly remembers is never detailed other than being a plot hole since unlike other Geass users Charles doesn't seem to actually have a drawback.

>In CG it was a pretty important part of the Geass that they could only affect the human mind.
Rolo's geass work without any direct eye contact or even without anyone around. Bismarck can see into the fucking future. Geass has never had any sort of practicality to it because the show never actually does explain it hence why you get so many ones that are useless and others that are far too convenient for convenience sake so "it just works" just because and any explanation is handwaved by "its magic I don't have to explain shit".
>And how does the planet Jupiter figure in to that?
Jupiter itself is the representation of "god" . Lelouch stopped the realization of Charle's plan by geassing the sybolic representation of "god" itself
>And how does the collective unconscious of humanity not figure into that?
Because the plan didn't go through dumbfuck. Jupiter isn't representative of the collective unconscious of humanity but "god" itself.