Can I just skip Part 1?

I'm watching the anime, and it's honestly not that interesting. Most people talk about Part 3, and I heard that Part 2 is good, but I don't hear anything about Part 1. Is it really THAT important?

Just drop it.

And kill yourself while you're at it.

Why? The protagonist is generic as fuck, and the action's pretty standard for most shows. The only interesting thing is the opening. What's so good about Part 1?

>Just drop it
>Why? I don't like it
Seriously, just fucking kill yourself already.

You seem offended, almost as if you like Part 1. So tell me, from your experience, what did YOU find so interesting about it?

Unpopular opinion: It's not that big of a deal. It get's better around episode 5, so if you're not having much fun with it after that, I'd say it's worth skipping. Part 2 covers the basics of Part 1 just fine, and Part 3 takes some of the old, and mashes it with an even better good.

Wasted, just read the manga and go back to the anime after you finish part 1

Part 1's pretty short, just hang in there until episode 9.

part 1 is 50 chapters, suck it up and read it.

It's not very long and you need it to read the rest. It's only 9 episodes, and you're probably fine just with the anime version if you decide to read the manga later.
It's probably the worst part, largely because of the poorly paced fights, but the series picks right up at part 2.

Part 1 is the best part, pleb.
The following ones are shonenshit, although somewhat more interesting than the average shonenshit as new characters are introduced all the time.

Not the user in question, but I quite liked the episodes from Dio's POV.

You have terrible taste user.
Part 1 is boring, but it's only 9 episodes of boring and you should really force yourself through it to understand whats going on in the rest of the show.

I mean I guess you can get by without it, but it's Dio's part, and he's the primary villain of 1 and 3, and indirectly responsible for the events of parts 5 and 6 (and has some knock-on effect on all the other parts too). So you will lose a fair bit by skipping it.

You could always skip over to part 2 to see if you even like Jojo at all. If you do, then you could go back to part 1 and try to get through it.

No, you.

Part 3 is fine for introducing DIO, the only issue is you don't know what ripple is and you don't know why a vampire can make buds of flesh. Neither of those end up really mattering though.

You really only need part 1 to understand part 2 as far as how vampires work and what ripple is, and you should be able to find clips on youtube to explain that. After part 3 you'll want to watch part 1 for DIO backstory.

Skipping that is like just going to a random star wars movie and being like yeah sick, screw the ones before it.
skipping further breaks the buildup; it's like instead of going on a safari you just fucking teleport to your final destination and go like yeah this is pretty cool i guess and teleport out

it's the shortest part by legions.
smash it out fag

Watch it dubbed. It transforms the anime from generic to so-bad-its-good . Or read the manga.

If you still can't get into it, skip to Part 2, which is arguably when the series starts getting good.

>Skip the best part

Best part my ass. The characters are all generic and boring as fuck, except Dio (who sounds fucking majestic in the dub). Name one character who isn't JoJo, Dio, Speedwagon, JoJo's dad, the blond chick, or the guy who punched that frog once.

The fights are all mostly shit too, except for the ones with Dio.

And the locations are boring as fuck. In Part 2 they go from the streets of 1920s New York to Venice to secret Nazi labs to an active volcano to outer space.
In Part 1 they go from England at night to England at night England at night to England at night underground to a boat. And then everyone dies. Did I mention how shit the fights were? Cuz they shit.

You must be trolling or some shit because Part 1 is objectively the shittiest in every way.

read the synopsis and like a few episodes. Either that or read the part 1 manga but skim it.

But, user. You should skip Episode I... and II... and even maybe III.

You can red them out of order in sets.

You can go 3>2>4>1>5>6>7

>Dio (who sounds fucking majestic in the dub)
I hope you mean the Japanese dub, in which he sounds magnificent in, as do all the characters.
No matter how much you might think the english actor fits Dio, "useless useless useless useless useless!" will never ever come anywhere close to "muda muda muda muda muda!"

Yes, if you want to know Dio's backstory.

I've tried it. It's fucking homocore randoshit. It's terrible and everyone knows it. It would be more popular if it was worth a damn. That's your first hint at its shit. The second being that its loved by these fucking cunts.

Learning about the basis of Ripple. Zeppelli, fucking Speedwagon. Where Dio came from and how he got his powers in the first place.

It all seems pretty important to me. Plus Part 1 is only like 8 episodes. What better things do you have to do than sit through them?

How about you kill yourself first nigger?

Oh sorry, I misread skip to part 2 as "skip part 2"
but watching the dub man, urg. I would rather not watch or of known about jjba at all if i had to watch the Dub. Not because of it's quality, but comparability; Because the Jap voice acting
Is.
Fucking.
Amazing.

>Name one character who isn't JoJo, Dio, Speedwagon, JoJo's dad, the blond chick, or the guy who punched that frog once.

>Name one character except all of these principle characters.

Poco, Tarkus, Jack The Ripper, etc.

>but watching the dub man, urg. I

I watched some of the dub out of curiosity. I never realized how much I hated Johnny Young Bosh until then. He seems to have trouble telling the difference between emoting and growl-shouting.

You shouldn't watch the dub for Part 1 because it's good, but because it's so fucking bad, and they knew it too.

It's like Garzey's Wing. An anime either so bad or horrendously bland that the shitty dub can only improve it. Also Dio sounds like Liquid Snake. Make of that what you will

You looked those up.

Watch it for Speedwagon

Read the manga you fucking faggot.

>Garzey's Wing
Holy shit, THAT turd.

> and it's honestly not that interesting
FUCK THIS GAY EARTH. WHEN DID BEING A GENTLEMAN BECOME SO RARE Sup Forums? WILL MEN EVER LEARN TO BECOME GENTLEMEN AGAIN?

Part 1 is good, it's part 2 that wasn't good.

Exactly.
It's so sad but a stupid punk like Jotaro is just considered cooler.

>. Name one character who isn't JoJo, Dio, Speedwagon, JoJo's dad, the blond chick, or the guy who punched that frog once.

Name one character from Part 2 that isn't JoJo, Vampires, Speedwagon, nigger, Cesaer, Milf or the guy who was part machine.

Holy. Erina.

Reading the manga is way better for part 1, I think the anime botched too many aspects. Phantom Blood is a great part IMO. Jonathon and Dio are great characters and really carry the narrative. There are just too many memorable scenes and aspects, there's a reason why it launched the rest of the Jojo series. One of Araki's finest. I miss his older style like this and Gorgeous Irene.

Part 3 is fucking boring.

I hate all you wannabe memesters who are just getting into JoJo to be annoying faggots on the internet.

Kindly kill yourselves.

Oh, I also want to add this: Phantom Blood is like a Charles Dickens story with kung-fu gentlemen and Aztec vampires set in Victorian England.

The first part of Part 1 with Dio and Jojo as brothers was the best by far. I wanted more of that.

>and it's honestly not that interesting.
JoJo's not for you.

Are you the same idiot who made a similar thread yesterday after watching 1 episode? Just kill yourself already

Don't fall for the hype part 3 is a boring slog.

PART 4 OST RELEASE WHEN

Wednesday you fucking autist

WEDNESDAY WHEN

>Skipping parts
You wouldn't skip an arc in a regular series so don't fucking do it with this one. Almost all of them are somewhat integral to another part somewhere down the line or they better explain how certain mechanics in the series work.

I know this is bait but goddammit fucking Jojofags can't even watch a series right

Wednesday you fucking autist

>that guy
>a jojofag
You wouldn't call a black guy who walked into a rally a member of the klan

WHEN

1 and 2 is better than 4.

Why is 4 so fucking shit?

>You wouldn't skip an arc in a regular series
I've done that plenty of times for anime. For example, the whole "bully" arc in RWBY just cliche bullshit, and a waste of time. Same with skipping the "Asuna gets molested by a pedophile" arc in SAO.

>Wasting your time consuming media you don't even like enough to watch fully.

Why on Earth would anyone ever do this? If you find getting through an arc such a joyless slog, why watch the show in question, is it for Sup Forums xp or something?

>anime
>RWBY

An anime with a unique setting (not in highschool) and a nonfaggot mc for once

Except, Part 1 and 2 is fucking garbage, my dude,

>If you don't like one part of an anime, then the whole show is shit!
Why watch a bad part of a show when the good stuff is just a few episodes ahead?

If you really cant be bothered reading the full story, you can't like it all that much. With all the media there is in the world, not just anime, you can probably find something you enjoy that doesn't have parts so bad you can't bring yourself to endure them.

I like Part 1

del

>The following ones are shonenshit
Right, because part 1 isn't.

Skipping shit is dumb, but yeah, getting through Part 1 was a chore. I would have dropped it there if I hadn't been told it gets better.

Just watch it. It's only 9 episodes for Christ sake. And if you REALLY don't want to then just the summary video Crunchyroll put up.

It's time

4>5>7=6>3>2=1

Josuke>Jolyne>Johnny>Gappy>Giorno=Jotaro>Jonathan>Joseph

Kira>Pucci>Valentine=Diavolo>Part 6 DIO>Dio>Part 3 DIO>Kars

If you want to watch the good stuff you have to be willing to sit through the bad stuff. You need a little sadness so you know when the good times come.

I'm waiting on the good times now

Is this a Bob Ross reference?

I think you're pretty retarded if you're going to put Joseph all the way at the bottom.

Literally can carry an entire arc by himself. He was that entertaining.

Probably without the most entertaining JoJo of all time.

I never said I didn't like Joseph, nigger. I like all parts, all JoJos and all villains.

I just like Joseph a bit less than the others, is that so wrong?

>Thinking Jonathan is better than Joseph
Yeah it's wrong.

>Having opinions is wrong

Fuck you too

Part 1 is one of the better parts imo. It establishes the backstory that applies to a good part of the series including Dio's history. Also Zeppelli and Speedwagon are fun supporting characters to watch. There are some good fights too. JoJo would just be incomplete if you don't watch how the story develops from generation to generation. The different settings across different time periods and locations really make it interesting.

It's just bad taste.
You're saying probably the funniest/most charismatic JoJo is the worst.

The main fucking pretended to be possessed by DIO at the end of Crusaders just to troll his son.

He's based as fuck.

I haven't started part 5 or later yet but the beginning of part 1 was so much better than everything else.
Then the instant Zeppeli is introduced it became retarded. I don't think i've ever seen a more jarring shift in quality by the same author.

Are you that one guy who thinks part 1 is really good?

I'm convinced it's only one person on Sup Forums who thinks this.

So now you have established that not only you have shit taste and don't inform yourself before posting, but you also need the opinions of others before making a decision. Go post somewhere else, faggot.

>son
and that's where you fucked up

Part 1 was boring and dumb overall. It's just the very beginning of it, with the dynamic between Jonathan and Dio, that was surprisingly good.

Joseph is good and entertaining but I just prefer Jonathan's gentle nature, I'm a sucker for gentle giants.

What a waste of quads

I dont see how he's the worse Jojo though. Seriously.

i realized I wrote that instead of grandson.

It's just my opinion, man. It doesn't need to make sense, I just prefer the other JoJos to him but I still like Joseph in general. He's cool.

Josuke and Giorno seem nearly identical characters to me. I'm only up to part 5.

Josuke is funny at times though.

That's weird, they feel completely different to me. I found Josuke to be the funniest and most entertaining JoJo due to all the dumb shit he did in Part 4. He's also a lot more hotheaded and direct than Giorno, who feels more like a mastermind and cold calculator than the other JoJos.

Just started reading this shit
>nigga kicks the shit out of a dog for no reason
Looks like I'm in for one hell of ride.

Josuke in combat is nearly as calculating as Giorno to me. That's probably why.

I like Josuke when he's with Okuyasu best. He becomes very entertaining when paired with him.
FUCK DOGS

It's literally three hours of animation you goddamn impatient autistic. Just get through it already.

Yeah Josuke's interactions with the entire cast is great and I agree that he uses his Stand in smart ways during fights. The difference between him and Giorno in that case however is that he boasts a lot about his moves while Giorno is either sarcastic or boasts in a more limited manner.

I really wish Part 4 had more characters interacting with each other. This reminds me of that one interview Araki had regarding Part 4 where he claimed that Part 4 was not "finished" due to all the missed character interaction moments and how he'd love to write more Part 4.

>Name one character who isn't X

Dire

I have a Jojo related question so I'll just do it here.

Diamond is Unbreakable is ending next week (?) Does it cover the entire manga? I don't like jumping into anime that aren't finished yet. If there'll be a second season I'd rather wait for that to finish before watching.

Next week is the last episode of the Part 4 anime adaptation so yes, the anime covers all of Part 4 if that's what you mean.

We'll probably get a Part 5 anime announcement next year.

>hating on part 1
>animefag
Fucking hell

it covers the entire arc.
It will be one complete story by next friday.

Each arcs have brand new characters. So one full arc is one full story. So yes it covers all of part 4.

Thanks for the answers. I'll bingewatch Part 4 next week then during the Christmas break.

Not him, but I disliked it when I first read the manga too.