The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Samon the Summoner
Amalgam of Distortion
Spring Weapon Number One
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Shounen Jump Issue 6:
Cover, Lead CP: One Piece
CP: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K., Hinomaru Zumou, Straighten Up!

Extra Pages: Kimetsu no Yaiba, The Promised Neverland, Amalgam of Distortion
2016 Golden Future Cup Winner: Tokubetsu Kokkakōmuin Kaizōsha Taisakuka Tanaka Seiji - by Keiji Amatsuka

Pure Ranks

01 One Piece c844
02 Black Clover c84
03 Neverland c13
04 Hinomaru c119
05 Haikyū!! c228
06 Kimetsu no Yaiba c36
07 Sōma c189
08 Dance-bu c73
09 Saiki c218
10 Yūna-san c37
11 Samon-kun c55
12 Amalgam c4
13 No. 01 c3

finally,

maybe we'll get some spoilers while we're at it

>06 Kimetsu no Yaiba c36
Good.

>02 Black Clover c84
>03 Neverland c13
>04 Hinomaru c119
Good
>12 Amalgam c4
>13 No. 01 c3
Good riddance

first 3 chapters of samon's action arc have landed in the bottom 5, don't think author will want to do action again

Average ranking over last 8 weeks

01.16 One Piece
02.50 Hero Academia
03.21 World Trigger
03.25 Haikyū!!
03.27 Black Clover
03.74 Toriko
04.48 Neverland
06.92 Hinomaru
07.02 Kimetsu no Yaiba
07.28 Yūna-san
07.48 Samon-kun
07.53 Dance-bu
08.40 Gintama
08.59 Saiki
08.81 Sōma
11.06 No. 01
12.23 Amalgam
12.30 Red Sprite
12.39 Love Rush!

Popularity poll results for MHA?

why are No.1 and Amalgam ranked?

They're over 8 chapters already, that user is just listing the chapters from 8 weeks ago that are being ranked this issue.

Average ranking excluding finished/cancelled series

01.15 One Piece
02.45 Hero Academia
03.11 Haikyū!!
03.13 World Trigger
03.20 Black Clover
04.48 Neverland
06.60 Hinomaru
06.72 Yūna-san
06.91 Kimetsu no Yaiba
07.06 Samon-kun
07.37 Dance-bu
08.11 Gintama
08.12 Saiki
08.40 Sōma
09.81 No. 01
11.07 Amalgam

>Demon's Plan
>Canvas (CP, One Shot)
>Kimetsu no Yaiba
>Ole Golazo
>Tomatoypoo no Lycopin (CP, One Shot)
>Boruto (CP)
They pushed a lot of new or extra things this issue.

>Haru yo, Koi! (One Shot Part 1)
Curious about this one.

Welp. Looks like Jump is having a really hard time finding new series. Whoever approves them needs to be fired.

>They pushed a lot of new or extra things this issue.
Well, a lot of big series ended, they need new hits to fill those voids.

I can't help but wonder, if this is what they approved, what did they turn down?

Genjui Toteku hasn't been serialized yet, so either it's just not happening (which would be a first for a GFC winner) or it's been turned down and sent back to the drawing board multiple times by now.

>12 Amalgam c4
>13 No. 01 c3

I will never fucking understand why Japs like Black Clover so much

It's literally everything generic from shouen thrown into one manga

Maybe editorial decided it wasn't worth it to always serialize the winner, they have a really high failure rate. I think the only one that survived was Beelzebub and that too fizzled out in the end and got a rushed ending.

No, Nurarihyon no Mago was another success. However it also fizzled out and got a rushed ending.

Beelzebub's ending wasn't really rushed because of cancellation. It got a full volume of chapters to finish it off in Jump Next spread out over an entire year, so the author had more than enough time to do whatever.
I think Nura was also a winner, and got the same treatment with finishing off in Next over several months.

>People uniconically thought Red Sprite would be a thing

yeah, and the magazine lost Naruto, Bleach, and Toriko

so, why not back a replacement?

It was mostly only before it's first rank that people thought that.

I remember after i read the first chapter i went to my friend and told him about how awful a setting and and pacing it had and how it was dead in the water and he was like "I dont care".
Good times.

this happens often for some reason, I remember when Barrage was the next One piece

I haven't read Hori's previous works, any good?

>It's literally everything generic from shouen thrown into one manga
You just gave yourself the answer. They eat up Shonen tropes. Academia and One Piece are similarly popular for much of the same reasons.

At least OP and BNHA have some likeable characters

dunno about zoo, but i dropped Barrage they day I started it, I'm not a big fan of hero academia either though

i actually quite liked zoo. didnt like barrage

i like yami from bc.

Good to see Soma making a comeback. Pls get a grip Tsukuda.

>Black Clover that high

Does it get better? I read the first 20 chapters and it honestly seemed like a much faster paced version of the beginning of Naruto.

Two weeks from now we'll see how non-Hayama chapters fare. (And see if the damage done to the series is irreversible)

The editorial should be kicked up the street for thier utter hashing of this year.

Barrage is really bad and cliche. Hori basically didn't enjoy working on it, and you can tell. It had some okay bits, but most of it just wasn't interesting. It's a short read, so it's not like it's a waste of time, but there's nothing in it to really recommend.

It gets worse. The writing is absolutely terrible and it becomes more apparent as the story gets bigger

From what I've heard from these threads it doesn't really improve although some of the characters are pretty great. I'm sure there's something else there but that's all I know. It's not like they have threads here and literally any shonen can get threads here so I just take that as a testament to it's "quality".

The ONLY complements you'll hear about BC is that less than a handful of characters are okay and the author can draw nice girls. Other than that, the manga is absolutely godawful on every possible metric and not worth anyone's time

But someone's buying this shit, so who cares what we think.

the art's okay

its weird,you people shit on it yet it slowly gets traction
to the guy asking if it gets better
it does past the first 23 or 25 chapters
keep reading and you'll see or not if you dont wanna read,your choice

Why is Amalgam getting extra pages? Unless it's the preamble to the axe.

>WT at 4th
I know it hasn't been in for a while but still
>Soma
kek. Don't know if they went this route because they wanted more popularity or they flat out ran out of ideas.

I do find it kind of funny that we're seeing runner-ups have greater success than winners

There are already Shokugeki and Neverland spoilers. Can't anyone ask the source to share Hero Academia ones? (at least the poll)

Julius is cool too

It's been going downhill for me since the water temple. Shame because I really liked the introductory chapters in the orphanage with Asters rival.

Fake spoilers. Don't trust it.

RIP spring weapon
RIP Amalgam
RIP Samon
RIP Yuuna

I don't understand why people think 2016 was an especially bad year for new series, it had a success rate of 3/8 currently, Yuragisou, Kimetsu, and Neverland are winners and Demon's Plan and Ole Golazo are still up in the air, so at worst 3/10 were hits this year.

2015 had 3 out of 12 new series last. 2014 had 2 out of 14. 2013 had 2 out of 10.

>03.21 World Trigger

Wut

Yuuna and to a lesser extent Samon are safe. They're constantly promoted as Jump's next generation next to Kimetsu no Yaiba. Yuuna also sells better than half the magazine.

It says last 8 weeks, and 6 of those weeks had no rank for WT, since it's been on hiatus. And it was ranked first and then sixth in the last two issues before the hiatus. So it's averaging just those two ranks.

will shounen jump just die when one piece ends

Yuuna sold 100k the last 2 volumes, so it's safe. Only the sumo club is in semi-danger and even then the new series turnover rate is keeping them alive.

What was the series with the Yokai loli with great ass? did It got canned as well?

Takuan and Batsu's something something, yeah it got canned

Utterly horrible. Aside from Hori's art, everything else about it was devoid of personality. I'm sure it's something he'd rather forget

The world will end before OP does.

Is jump lineup is even worth to buy or even read aside from op, haikyu and Yuna?

WT and SnS still sell more than most.

not really, no.

Where are the neverland spoilers?

They're not on spoilernet

Is the plot worth Nisekoi trainwreck or what?

This is about the hierarchy from highest to lowest selling series.

One Piece
Hunter×Hunter
Haikyū!!
Hero Academia
Boruto
Sōma
World Trigger
Gintama
Black Clover
Yūna-san
Saiki
Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hinomaru
Samon-kun
Dance-bu
Isobe

Boruto sells less than World Trigger.

So is there any desires that worth reading in the past 5 years?
Haven't been reading manga since ranks 1/2 and Yu-Gi-Oh ended.

Boruto is selling well?
Disgusting.

>08 Dance-bu c73
>09 Saiki c218
>11 Samon-kun c55
LIVE

One Piece
Haikyuu
Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Soma
World Trigger
Boruto
Gintama
Black Clover
Yuna
Saiki
Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hinomaru
Samon
Dancing Midgets

>World Trigger
kek
y mad bro

Why do you even care

i gave black clover a read the past few days, got halfway. I'm honestly surprised its that far up in the rankingsm i guess japs really do have shit taste.

>The Promised Neverland that high
I must say I'm impressed, never expected this from Jump's readers.

Unlike the series' you mentioned, Black clover has no heart put into it whatsoever.

it's nice to have an opinion.

Good taste senpai. Saiki had an anime recently so they probably won't cancel it yet, and Samon is one of the shows they said they're going to be shilling, but I'm worried about Dance.

You can tell because it leaves no time for you to marvel at anything. An author who cares would want to show off every aspect of his world. This author ticks off another box every chapter, for characters world building, powers, back story, you name it.

Dance is getting a color page next issue, it's safe for now, a series that is going to be axed won't get a color page unless it's the last two chapters.

BC has that, speed reader, but since the world seems interesting af, it doesn't have enough of it

>This author ticks off another box every chapter, for characters world building, powers, back story, you name it.

So Hero Academia? The author never shows off every aspect of the world, it's just training arc, tournament arc, villain arc. We never learn outside of it, hell 100 chapters in and we learned that it was actually just a joke about UA being the n1 because it has a rival school in the west/east or whatever that totally didn't come out of nowhere just for the chunn- I mean the hero license exam.

Just admit that you're talking out your ass, "muh heart" is not a thing you retard you just don't like it and you're saying it has no "heart" because your ass says so.

One Piece, Naruto, Toriko, Bleach, Hero Academia or Black Clover, neither of those are original, they just rip off 80's manga, they do nothing new, they don't break any mold in any sort of way.

What bothers me the most about BnHA is that we know nothing about the world outside of Japan other than the fact the Hero Association HQ is in America.

I still don't know if All Might was no.1 in Japan or the world.

The rankings we are given are Japan-only.

Maybe it's trying the One Piece route, where the world didn't really open up until after chapter 200.

They got to the Grand Line in chapter 100 actually, and even then, and even before that they'd been setting up the world with stuff like Mihawk, making it clear that East Blue was nothing compared to what lies ahead.

Oh, that's good to hear.

Yuuna in the bottom 5 makes me happy, hope it becomes a bottom dweller. Ecchishit shouldn't be in the front of the magazine

Yeah, but we knew no big-name Marines until Jaya, none of the mid-tier Shichibukai until Jaya. In fact until Jaya, there were no recurring characters besides Smoker. It wasn't until Luffy defeated Crocodile that he really entered the world stage and Oda introduced the world to us.

Maybe Deku will reach a similar point where he gets on the radar of other countries.

Didn't Hori explicitly say he didn't intend for BNHA to run that long?

I mean sure he could be a total sellout and run for as long as he possibly can ala Bleach, but much like Bleach the storytelling and world-building could noticeably decline.

>Didn't Hori explicitly say he didn't intend for BNHA to run that long?
Nope. He said he knows how to end it and that during chapters 60-70 it was 20% complete.

Where are spoilers?

It's not though. It usually middles depending on who's the focus character, like every ecchi

I want the USA to appear somehow since the manga has heavy western superheroes influence.

I really do wonder what will happen with the story telling though.

100+ chapters in and all we've had is training arcs and tournament arcs.

>100+ chapters in and all we've had is training arcs and tournament arcs.
That's already enough indication that it's gonna go to shit.

This week it's in the bottom 5

>That's already enough indication that it's gonna go to shit.
implying it already isn't

True. Let's see what happens. It's probably gonna stay there longer since Japan has a hate boner for Hibari