1 million$ more till Keit-Ai BTFO's Spirited Away

>1 million$ more till Keit-Ai BTFO's Spirited Away.
>Oscar Nomination Imminent.
Hype Train cannot be stopped
Why haven't you watched this in your local Cinema yet Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because I already watched it online

I watched it for the 5th time at the cinema today. It's probably the last week it's going to be shown here and I'm already feeling empty. Time for me to put the OST on loop.

No singles policy

Because my local cinemas don't show anime movies ever.
I don't even think my country shows anime movies in theathres in general.
In my entire life time I think only 5 anime movies were in theathres.

What caveman of a country are you in user? how does it feel you will never experience mitsuha and taki in the big screens HD?

>tfw lucky enough to be in a shithole country and see this qt on screen for 15 times.

Because I don't go outside unless I'm buying groceries

KnK is better
Praise Kyoani

Not out yet where I live (it'll come out next month). You bet your ass I'm dragging as many people as I can with me.

Heil! o/

>Why haven't you watched this in your local Cinema yet Sup Forums?
Do you not know what local means?

You can see it at your local cinema if you live in a civilized country like Singapore or Australia.

This so much. The only anime movies that a cinema in my country would show are the ghibli movies, which is a bit sad.

it's gonna air the 23-24-25 of January in Italy.
To think my ticket could be the one who btfos Miyazaki....

Mine too, pastabro.

>this thread again
Who the fuck paid you to shill this hard everyday? Or are you so pathetic to do it for free? Fuck off with your retarded shitty youth drama film.

>Nominated for Oscar
>Beaten by whatever Disney/Pixar film is out at the time.

Your name is an average movie though.

>knk fag
R A R E
A
R
E

But short hair Mitsuha in shit, best Mitsuha is smug Mitsuha (male) with ponytail and no bra.
I wonder how many hearts did he broke.

Zootopia is nominated?

>Zootopia
>Moana
>Kubo and the Two Strings
>My Life as a Zucchini
>Your Name or The Red Turtle

It's going to be tough

>people only praise this because they want to be part of the epic keitai meme
>she dies in the end anyway

Can't wait to see Moana wins the Oscar and see how these anime "fans" cries how the west is biased. It may beat Spirited Away in sales, but in time, people will slowly forget this while classics from Studio Ghibli remains in the heart of the people.

This desu. People will always remember ghibili movies since they watched it during their childhood and muh nostalgia.

>The fact that most of your name fags are males and there are few female fans despite it's a romance film.

Venezuela barely gets any new hollywood movie

Zootopia will win the oscar not Moana.

Why is this so popular? Its not that good, typical Shinkai movie.

Not OP but this movie is doing extremely well on some countries, therefore it's expected for it to have multiple threads every now and again. I don't get what you're up in arms about.

Is there some sort of vendetta you have against this movie or something?

Protip: There are people still in their childhood watching this right now.

>chinese subs
What

It's called "Shilling"

>it's a movie for men
>it's a movie for women

Which is it

Chinafags with pass can still post on Sup Forums.

>He thinks I'd watch a normalfag shit movie.

I have better taste than that

If it's underground and unknown yeah, it'd be shilling. But it's the topic of the mouth around so i don't see what's wrong with that?

>implying we ever get anything but dubbed ghiblishit

China anons are banned from Sup Forums?

9/10 would buy BDs

Their Great firewall blocks the google service used for captcha.

I'd be fine if Kubo wins, fuck Disney tho.

It's a mediocre film and these threads have barely any discussion. It's all the same shit over and over again.

Contrarians and Kyoanuscucks buttmad that this film is doing well.

Watch how their only criticism is that it's mediocre and it's a shinkai without expounding what's wrong with it.

>She dies in the end

Is this bait, or did you really no finish the movie?

Daily reminder that Keit... Oh, I forgot. Oh well.

You can get Mitsuha in 1080p from chink source.

Cause they show nothing but lefty Hollywood trash in 99% of America.

But musubi is forced shipping.

Isn't it just an upscale of the DVD though?

Some CM and PV are 1080 tho.

He probably downloaded the shitty rip and skipped through.

Maybe the cam rip stopped right after the ramen shop?

Why did this thread attract so many snowflakes thinking this Movie is trying to compete with Interstellar in terms of plot or something? Cucks cant take it that Mitsuha and Taki had a good end compared to their shithole lives? Musubi bitches.

>movie title in the namefield
user...

Oh sht.

The netherlands.
only anime movies I know of that have been in theathres are the first 4 pokemon movies and the yugioh pyramid of light movie.

Braless Mitsuha(Taki) is the best, SoL Anime of their Daily lives with occasional body swapping when?

It isn't showing in America and Funimation hasn't put out the DVD with English subtitles, so I pirated it. It was good, so if it ever comes out in theaters here I'll happily go see it.

I just wish Funimation and other English licensers didn't drag their ass with things like this.

>Watch how their only criticism is that it's mediocre and it's a shinkai without expounding what's wrong with it.

I like Shinkai's other stuff, Your Rope is about as good as Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo. An alright movie, clearly with a good director behind it, but a flawed narrative that ultimately leaves you with nothing more than "it was a movie, I guess".

Musubi is a great scene ruined by the plot of the rest of the film. Instead of being a character building moment that could have been expanded upon, it's just dumping information on you so that you're not supposed to question everything happening in the latter half, especially katawaredoki.

Mitsuha and Taki aren't bad leads, but their characters needed a ton more development. If this had been a character focused movie like 5cm/s or Garden of Wallpapers, rather than having the characters in service of the plot, it could have been great. It's especially noticeable when Taki is just suddenly in love with Mitsuha. It's not completely unbelievable, but if we had been shown them actually learning about each other instead of having to fill in holes because Shinkai opted for a montage instead of adding another ten minutes to the film.

The last ten minutes when they're adults is awful. It's full of fanservicey scenes showing us what happened to everyone (like a summary in some dumb book for teenagers) and pulls me out of the characters completely with the bit on the stairs. Yeah sure, these two have been running around Shinjuku station for the last fifteen minutes looking for each other and the moment they see each other at the other end of the stairs they'll just walk by each other? Fuck that. It's so unbelieveable I could barely watch it. Shinkai's writing usually isn't so awful and forced, but he wanted to bait everyone by making them mad for a bit, and in the process made me feel angry about the whole movie.

The DVD screener has watermarks and much shittier quality, that screenshot looks pristine from what I can tell.

million$ more till Keit-Ai BTFO's Spirited Away.
I'm not okay with this.

>DVDs are still a thing

I fail to understand why, BD players are pretty cheap now. I mean if you weren't buying BDs, because "fuck physical media, it's Netflix era now" then I can understand, but why do people settle for 540p?

Not really, the stats anons bring up are domestic. Anyway nobody cares about worldwide. And miyazaki its probably still far ahead in worldwide s his movie was way more popular in the west than kimi no wa.

They are going with the Oscar nomination bro, Funimation is going for the kill, this will be the new Gateway anime for the new generation.

>10 billion yen is 1 million dollers
I wish, I could afford o import merch then.

I mean world wide gross.

nope, its worldwide gross, Your Name hasn't been shown in theaters world wide yet, Im pretty sure it will be the highest world wide gross Anime film when it releases in the west.

Oh wow, he's right.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films

Source? Only one I saw was still 10 billion behind even in domestic, so worldwide must be even worse.

Beating Spirited Away in Japan is almost impossible. But it could, If TOHO finds a way to make in stay in cinemas for years like Spirited Away.

Here you go

Is it still airing in Japan? If so, How many of the population think have watched it? The Final wave must be Christmas for sure.

10 billion JPY(~85 million USD) behind in domestic

1 million USD behind in worldwide

This.
Kyokai no Kanata was really good.

DVD vs BD is about a $10 difference, and upgrading even a modest physical media collection would cost thousands, so a lot of Japs stick with DVDs as long as they'll need a player for their older stuff.

>Oscar nomination imminent

You're delusional if you actually think this. It's a flick not a film.

Thanks I'll fuck off back to Sup Forums now

Is it really so behind in worldwide? Even if parents watched SA of their own accord and nobody cares about kimi no wa.

TOHO planned to air it to at least January.

I'm not saying they should abandon collections, you can still keep your old player. I used my VHS deck for ages after we had a DVD player, often as to record stuff since DVRs cost a fortune then.

A decent BD player from Sony or Samsung is like a ~$100. The $10 per disc is a decent argument, since that adds up, but I think the industry could easily sell BDs for $10 less and still make a healthy profit. Likely the reason there is such a difference is because they still have to keep releasing in a legacy format. Makes a great excuse to charge more for the more current format.

*so close
*my parents

It's make around 2 million per weeks in Japan plus still selling at China. 15 million different is not a big deal.

>Koe no Floptachi is not even in the list
OSCAR
S
C
A
R

what do you mean behind world wide? its 400k$ away from overtaking it world wide.

>the source is some website that automatically estimates how much movies gross
Seriously?

Also, compare difference between domestic and worldwide and check out how much kamikakushi, which was way more popular in the west made outside Japan.
It seems fishy, we need need stone credible source.

They could charge $40 less and still make a profit. Price controls prevent that.

isn't it just another boring romance about teenagers for teenagers or some shit?
judging from the ops pic

tfw I can't watch this because

> plot

More like, how many country dicks did he raise.

Price elasticity of demand means that reducing prices won't necessarily increase sales. Profit is maximized when PED is exactly 1:1. Why do people always seem to think that they're some sort of armchair business genius with ideas that thousands of university-educated Japanese salarymen over the course of decades have never thought of?

the-numbers.com
box office mojo.

I want to fuck the rabbit

Have you studied monopolistic competition yet? Price fixing is rife and legal in Japan. Books and CDs legally cannot be discounted by the retailer, and the publishers apply the same logic to DVD sales.
There's also an element of pride, in that Japanese BDs are almost always higher quality releases- not enough to justify the difference in price, but enough to make them "luxury" goods.
The American industry went through the same shift. DVDs were originally sold at ~$80 a pop, because the intended market was rental stores and collectors. It took years and years to recognize the value of the mass market.

You're also assuming that it's possible to measure elasticity without harming the market. You can't just raise and lower prices willy-nilly to test consumer reaction without alienating people.

Because I like being a contrarian.

It doesn't dump info on you at all, it explains things without making it feel like some sort of info dump, it's was in-gauging and interesting how to decided to give us info.

The real issue with info-dumping scenes is that they usually happen at the start of a show, before we even care about anything, or they are extremely boring blocks of dialogue.

This movie does neither, you're really just grasping for straws user

To embarrased to go to an empty theater, also I don't really like watching movies in cinemas.

Because UK a shit. Nah, didn't plan on seeing it or had any interest at all despite being up in London a few weeks backbut think I will do sometime after Christmas with some friends and my brother. I'm looking forward to it.

when is it coming to ontario?

Just do it. Wear a flu mask if you're too embarrassed.

Tangina wag ka nang mahiya. Minsan lang to.