Yuri on Ice

Victor really is best boy from the beginning right until the very end.

>World Anti Doping Agency takes the gold from Fairy for being Russian and Pig gets it

>I won't kiss you again until you win gold

How can Victor torture Piggy so much?

So I tried watching this the ther day, and in the first episode a fat guy does for quads in an act flawlessly. Not one, FOUR. Is this show supposed to be realistic or just Yaoi bullshit?

holy shit what a terrible ending

He is the top ranked skater in Japan.

too real

He downgraded the quads.

I spent the whole episode wanting to hold him. Character of the year.

BEST BOY OF THE YEAR, ALL YEARS

Why does Victor love Yuuri's retarded ass so much?

>miscommunication problem that plagued BaldFat was resolved in the most half assed manner
What was even the point

Yes, but Pig is a shit. JJ could have redeemed himself but bronze is fucking bullshit. Yurio is a shit too but not as bad as the others.

As soon as he wins it's going to be
>Did I say gold for kisses? I meant 5 golds.
>We won't get married until you win the GPF, 4C, and Worlds 5 years in a row

MC mahou

It's slightly beyond current human ability, but it's also incredibly well researched to the point that famous skaters have commented on it. They had a pro skater choreograph it, he knows all those quads aren't possible but it's for dramatic effect.

It's still gay but that has nothing to do with how realistic the skating is.

He's a retard himself.

>implying it was even resolved

>resolved

I don't think it was even resolved

I bet if the last episode wasn't so rushed and was maybe mike 40min long it would have been satisfying. Let's pretend JJ doesn't exist too and that Otabek got the bronze medal.

He needs to get out more.

S2 the awakening of Victor where he finds a better man.

Further proof that Victor is best boy

So they could have a ciffhanger for the penultimate episode.

I can't pretend when Kubo is a hack writer.

I thought we would get a cute gala ending ala ep 10, they should've cut at least Phichit's basic and boring routine.

if he comes back i wonder if he'll absolutely destroy everyone.

Because you can still love someone even if you have conflicts with them.

The pacing wasn't even bad, it was the writing choices that fucked it.

>301.46
>290.69
What the fuck happened Chris?

Cut JJ's shit too.

He's kind of autistic too, they're made for each other.

Memes aside, I don't hate Yuuri like other people in these threads. He's not that bad.

He got distracted by BadFat's PDA.

I really can't believe my boy Chris got did dirty like that. He deserved to make the podium at least.

I think he will since his skating now has been reinforced with the emotions of life and love that he gained through Yuuri. Victor will be a fucking beast. Season 2 could be where he finally retires and goes out with a bang of setting new world records.

Phichit was one of the few good things about this episode.

You can't cut my husbando Miyano

not Kubo here

Reposting my own post, cause the last thread is almost dead.

So, I really am second guessing my interpretations of Victor now. I get so many mix messages from him this episode.

From the things he says to Yuuri, or the lack of; the hidden expressions he makes when both Yuri's break his records... how are we supposed to read his reactions? I would have assumed before this week he was fine with it and didn't care about records really anyway. He was ready to move on. Then the things he said while watching the others last week, enjoy being a spectator.

But with a possible return one way or another, were the things about him being lonely, being held back by skating, resolved because of Yuuri? Because his talk with Fairy and Yakov seemed like he was really forcing himself with returning to the ice. So is he only doing everything for Yuuri's sake? Doesn't he just want to eat katsudon and be married to the pig?

I guess we're supposed to be left in the dark and hope S2 answers all the questions about Victor?

JJ got a name change between seasons.

Miyano happened.

I know
I didn't think it would be possibly for it to be this disappointing in a vaguely meh way, but it was

I want Victor to skate for Yuuri and Yuuri to melt.

Victor deserves a better boyfriend, and a better writer who will actually keep his motivations consistent

He's a cute character but he wasn't needed for this ep.

Chris getting second to last was worse than JJ getting Bronze after fucking up so badly.

Yuri is a fucking downer. Look at that face.

>Yurio and Victor finally make up
>except not really, Victor is just letting out his anguish over Yuri's decision
For what purpose

To think I almost started to like JJ after his choke in the previous episode, but no, they had to hand him a medal anyway.

JJ was the one who should have been cut completely.

>jj shits the bed TWICE
>gets third place
>yurio wins because fuck you
>same QUALITY and recycled animations
>everyone fucks up for no reason
>XD IMMA SKATE AND BE UR COACH

looks like i wont be watching season 2

Neglecting life and love for 20+ years has left him with so little perspective that he's willing to take back somebody who essentially goes "Wow, even you have tear ducts" in response to him being upset.

>viktor goes back to skating
>obliterates everyone for the whole season
>sakting sure is tanoshii

Yuuri is literally Hitler. I want to see him grovel for Victor in S2.

This episode didn't resolve shit with anything, it fucking backtracked on stuff that didn't need to be messed with.

The pacing wasn't the problem and I want this meme to end. The problem was them throwing characterization to the wind for everyone not named Otabek, Yurio, or Phichit.

No one cares. Go watch something else.

Man, these threads are depressing as fuck. I have criticisms about this episode but there were some good parts (to me) too. I had a lot of fun with you guys but this is kind of turning too much into a circlejerk. I bet the last few threads will be full of shitposting too, sadly.

I think is goodbye, /yoi/. Thanks for the memories.

>unhappy with skating life
>meet cute boy
>flirt with him and play ewith dog and eat good food
>cute boy is hitler
>cute boy breaks your heart
>maybe skating isnt so bad

>yfw S2 is literally just about Victor destroying everyone and being showered in gold medals
Best boy deserves it

He seriously left his comfy life back in Russia where he could've retired as a living legend just for some autistic nip that gave him a boner at some gala.

Not only does his decision to go back not make sense with the first 11 episodes in mind, it doesn't make sense with 20 minutes of the finale in mind. Nothing about any of his actions here communicated a genuine desire to return to skating. He looked and acted fucking dead inside.

Victor will get cancer and Yurio will break his legs season 2. Screenshot this.

These threads were always circlejerks, where have you been

jj was a mistake. I'd pretend he doesn't exist gladly, but for the whole series. Let's change him with Otabek directly.

We just need to vent, it's not fun but I have to get it out before I can appreciate the good things about the episode and remember how much I love the series overall.

No, we absolutely needed him considering he was one of maybe 4 good things about the episode.

IS
JAY JAY STYEL

Someone has to be bitter and critical.

>Yuuri finally gets a gold medal because his competition is kill

True, but it was mostly lighthearted. Now it's just the shitflinging/shitting on other characters kind. And that gets tiring.

Victor is that dickmitized to go back to something he once hated.

Fuck you guys, JJ's going home.

I somewhat saw it as him feeling petty and competitive because the Yuris broke his records.

Like, is Kubo just trying to make Victor look so much in love with Yuuri that he's being stupidly selfless? Like, he went from a fickle, selfish person at the beginning and now that their relationship is somewhere between basically engaged, now Victor is being TOO selfless for Yuri's happiness?

Don't get me wrong. YoI is and always will be genuinely precious to me, but I can't pretend to like this episode. I refuse to pretend to like it when we have 11 episode's worth of proof that they can do better than this.

Go back to your own show instead of taking up screen time in this one.

Can't wait for Cao Bin in season 2.

Episode 10 spoiled us all

Feast your eyes on the ass that destroyed a living legend.

Why the fuck is Yuuri's happiness so tied up in Victor competing anyway? What the fuck happened to wanting to be the man who stole Victor away from the world?

I want an OVA about past Chris and Victor's rivalry/friendship.

>Yuuri killed his competition
>literally
Brace your asses for a genre change, sports -> thriller.

IT'S
JJ
STYLE

He got old and outclassed by younger skaters like Fairy and Otabek.

There's a reason most pro skaters retire by 23-24. The only skaters who are able to be truly competitive into their late 20s are the living legends like Plushenko.

It sucks because Yuuri kept getting less and less likable towards the end of the show, so Victor being selfless for his sake really rubs me the wrong way. He doesn't even deserve Victor's love.

holy shit how did i not see this

I believehe initially was forcing himself to go back because it's what piggy wanted so much. But the moment piggy decided he WOULDNT retire, victor took actual joy in competing again since Yuri would be besides him

Its the only way he can win.

>Viktor coming back at 28
Why did they do this.

Yuuri wanted to steal Victor from the world but not to steal the world from Victor

The whole "killing you as a competitor" metaphor was such a good lead in to Victor finally being able to move on and find some catharsis. I thought I was hallucinating when the total opposite apparently happened.

I guess as Yuuri fell more in love with with Victor, he was feeling more guilty about denying Victor the world? He's still worried that just being himself isn't good enough for Victor and won't make him happy.

So, I guess /yoi/ sings Theme of King JJ is not happening after all?

>episode 11
>touching, emotional scene where JJ shows that he can still put a smile on for his fans even though the worst possible outcome came to pass
>episode 12
>nevermind it's all good have a bronze medal

Miyano mah boi

I saw the episode again and it's not that bad on a rewatch. There are a lot of interesting plot points they could decide to tackle in season 2 that could lead to more character development.

>Fairy losing his flexibility, dealing with puberty, facing the pressure of being a champion so early on
>Victor returning to competitive skating even though he's probably not fit for it anymore, not being as good as he used to be and how he, who has only been perfect until now would deal with that, possibly injuring himself
>Yuuri finally getting a proper resolution to his anxiety issues, not having to constantly lean on Victor to be able to skate at his best

And of course more cute Baldfat moments and their relationship being actually discussed and having a resolution, I don't even care if they don't kiss or show any PDA, they just need to clearly say they love each other. Surely that's not too much even for a nip anime?

Of course I'd rather we have had a satisfying S1 ending, but S2 could potentially be very good.
Still, it isn't even confirmed we'll get one so for now I'm going to rely on fanfiction.

Being Victor is suffering

Go to bed Kubo

Maybe Victor is actually Plushenko afteral

Thats the reason the ending was changed. They couldn't have the murder suicide with a S2.