What would you say is the biggest problem with Elfen Lied?

What would you say is the biggest problem with Elfen Lied?

Just finished the manga, even though it has a real ending I wouldn't say it's more mature let alone well written.
More like a young teenager attempting to write something mature.

Lack of a good plot, lack of good characters, lack of really anything except shock value and a good OP.

Diaper character is completely worthless , pretty much a throw away character the anime made a good choice to cut her.

The catgirl alter-personality.

Isn't it supposed to be elf like considering the title?... Otherwise what the title serve as or symbolize?

>literally the reason for the title
Poor bait is poor.

All she serves is she introduces a song in less then a 1/4 of a chapter...Nothing more, she is literally replaceble with an object like the music box for instance. Let me guess are you also another who thinks this is well written?

It's shit.
Melty alien girls boogaloo is just as bad if not worse

Point is it is a waste to add an entirely new character with no real development and 1 dementional background just to have them be the one to deliver one small thing, it's real bad.

This also confusing to me, if all of them would eventually melt, how did they possibly think they would take over the world. Or is it just Lucy who melts. Don't understand.

>literally replaceble with an object like the music box
>the anime doesn't even have the titular song
Not really. She also serves to make Yuka more than just Kouta's token girlfriend, and is another one of Kouta's love interests.

The last part is the most important, since the series is a parody of generic harem love comedies from its time. It's a trainwreck like any other Okamoto Lynn series, but I don't see why you'd have an issue with her in particular.

>no real development and 1 dementional background
Doesn't sound like you've read the special chapter about her.

What chapter? The one where she talks about wanting to sing? It adds nothing to the real story.

My older brother listened to it's opening theme all day every day

Why is the ending theme so horrible compared to its opening theme, at least I'd say it doesn't match the series whatsoever

I'd say a lot of moments that try and come across as schocking wind up feeling hilarious, especially the character that are marked for death by obvious set ups. Also Lucy is a psychotic maniac that is entirely in the wrong, yet in the anime at least she garners sympathy for her actions.

Her story is the real story too.

Storyline was shit

>shock value and a good OP.

Wasn't Elfen Lied the entry level show for people coming in from naruto, pokemon, dbz, beyblade, yugioh, etc who wanted something different?

But I agree with what you said except Yuka is great

Yuka is the worst of them all.
Annoying and ultimately in the end of the main story especially the manga she does nothing.

Excessive edge

It's the storytelling; a lot of serious moments clearly intended to make the audience feel sympathy for a character fall flat as a result of poor execution.
Also, since the anime refuses to make Lucy a main antagonist, the show suffers from devastatingly bad villains.

How could they have possibly have taken over the world with only Lucy being the only non sterile diclonious also the fact that they seem to love to kill each other how would they possibly live in peace?
Also even more dumb why would the supposed male diclonious (basically only humans with bone mutation in head) think they would be the rulers? They don't have vectors if anything they would just be slaves to the females.

Pacing, characters who do nothing, an unfocused plot, and villains as bland as fucking soup.

mc

It was written by Lynn Okamoto. Just look at his face. He probably drew Coldsteel.

Can someone explain how the poam Elfen Lied has anything to do with this anime/manga?
I read it and it just feels like a light hearted childish feeling of curiosity nothing related to the series.

The elf being curious about human society and hitting its head on a hard rock because of it represents getting ostracized by society, much like the diclonii. Also, the infertile diclonii are named silpelits after Silpelit in the poem.

Coldsteel is ironic though

In regarding the poam, What is a Silpelit? The original real world definition I mean.
(In the poam the elf thinks a Silpelit was sent to him)

You think he committed seppuku?

Apparently it's a reference to some other work by the poem's writer.

The elves

it's shit

The biggest problem is that she's a little shit. And wants to kill everyone. And is psychotic.But I suppose if she is truly psychotic I suppose they wrote it well.

I feel like there are two series in Elfen Lied, improperly meshing for attention. The traumatizing sci-fi horror, and the awkward love triangle between an average joe, a mentally disabled girl, and his clingy cousin.

There was an interesting idea with the tragedy of the diclonious, and the moral ambiguity of some of the horrors committed against them in the name of saving humanity, but other elements hold it back.

Also, I wanted every single character to write Nana an apology. She was there to get the shit end of the stick in every situation, and I don't think anyone ever genuinely apologized for anything that happened to her.

I kind of liked Bando's redemption anyhow.

That Kaede didn't win.