Job Candidate Billed $400 For Wasting Interviewers' Time

Redditor went to a job interview where he was exposed as a fraud. He was billed for the total cost of the interviewers' hours.

What do you think?

Is it justifiable? Does it set a bad precedent?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/recruitinghell/comments/7c6dss/when_u_flunk_your_interview_so_bad_they_charge/
lmgtfy.com/?q=What is VCAT
warosu.org/g/thread/63103230
youtube.com/watch?v=uKfKtXYLG78
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Or just don't pay it they're not gonna sue you

om could you like le reddit thread? I can't wait to see the pun chain le hivemind has for THIS one!

I think it's pretty funny

I mean why would you lie on your CV? The guy literally wasted everyones time

reddit.com/r/recruitinghell/comments/7c6dss/when_u_flunk_your_interview_so_bad_they_charge/

>Rebekah

what is VCAT?

>Rebekah (((owner)))

how are they going to make him pay?

Can't bill because there was no agreement to pay

>Is it justifiable? Does it set a bad precedent?
If we can also charge interviewers who wasted qualified applicants' time, why not.

If it was immediately obvious that the guy was full of shit, why did each of these idiots continue and devote a full two hours with him?

This. Retarded.

No court would uphold this, because it sets a bad precedent. What would then stop an interviewee from suing a company that did not hire them for lost time and lost potential wages?

Seems prerty pointless. An application isn't an official document so it isn't fraud or anything.

Jimmy, Can i call you that?

It's a Goverment thing in Austraila, like a court but not.

This is pure genius...

>set up fake business
>set up interviews for (((((open positions)))))
>fail everyone
>bill them for the time

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there some law about companies not being able to charge money for interviews, that they must conduct the hiring process on their own dime?

Wish I could have done the same, interviewed an American for a IT admin position for a data center. He had put machines together for HP, but never worked on a system when it was actually powered on...

This.
No contractual obligations exist between the two. If it did, and you interviewed for a job you didn’t get, you’d be able to bill for your time.
Ever hear of Google?
lmgtfy.com/?q=What is VCAT

Old posts are so exciting.

Saged

>too cheap to hire a placement agency
>shocked when you get idiots coming through your door
Babbys first startup

>eat poop

Probably fake. Any idiot would know you can't charge someone without some prior contract or passage of goods.

Is it a collections agency?

> make fake company
> set up interviews
> have all interviewees not qualify to your standards
> send them a bill for wasting your time
> profit

>late stage capitalism

it's real

why are they trying to bill for 2 hours when it was immediately obvious he was unfamiliar

The absolute state of australia

Doesn't even do a screening call either

I hope he takes them to court and counter sues

>interviewing directly with the owner

small business cunt confirmed

this is the most jewish thing i have read today

Fake it til you make it

>Rebekah
No further comment required

This has absolutely no basis in any form of contract law whatsoever. What fucking case precedent could they even use for this?

I'd tell them to shove it up their ass.

Yeah i really cant see this holding up, it goes against all sorts of laws setup to protect employees from companies ripping them off for 'training'.

It's bullshit, you can't just bill people without letting them know before hand. It's like shaking someone's hand then giving them a bill for the handshake.

Fake and gay.

I would pay them 400 pesos for the lulz

LOOK AT ME, I'M FUCKING FLYING

That scam already exist
They offer you a good payed job. But you need some bullshit diplowma of some certification that luckyli they give. You pay. They go

That's one of the things that I love about being in trades.

I get people trying to bullshit me constantly, but they can't hide behind lies when I put them on site.

We are entering a new era of human slavery. Many revolutions had to be fought over the West for you and I to have the labor protection and such that we have today. We are in the process of slowly witnessing those workers rights dissolve and a return to slavery.

What about my wasted PTO on an interview when i don't even end up getting hired? I'm out $200 bucks you cunts, that's what a days work it worth for me. Oh don't want to pay that shit now do you?

REDDIT CAN MAKE MEMES T....
warosu.org/g/thread/63103230

Just ignore it, never reply.

If you reply it is considered an admission of guilt in court.

>Rebekah (Owner)

We've been slaves since 1913 where the helm have you been? Fiat is slavery.

They said it was immediately obvious he wasn't qualified? So why have a 2 hour interview? He should be billing them.

this

yep so the company proves they are retards, guy dodged a fucking bullet.

When a developer has a problem they can't fix they'll put up a hiring sign, ask applicants the problem as a interview question, then say they aren't hiring anymore.

> Company sent me a "practice assignment" (that looked a whole lot like something they just needed done). I estimated it would take between 8-16 hours to complete properly.

fuckin genius

have you ever been on a job interview where the people hiring had no idea what they actually wanted

i was on one recently -- i asked them some questions that probably other candidates didn't bother to ask -- and I said "Aren't you looking for an assistant, then?"

a few days later the job posting was changed "seeking an assistant to the so-and-so"

did they waste my time? of course they did -- the sword cuts both ways

Where the fuck do you learn those types of skills in the first place? That's the root of the problem. I can't learn much without going five figures into debt. That's a big reason for the supposed skills gap. And companies refuse to train anybody on anything

I'm talking about real slavery where you pay just for the privilege to even have an interview. You don't get to choose when you do or don't work. You pay for training to even obtain a job. You will work 10-12 hour days again and lap at the privilege to even see your master's ass hair. The haves and have nots, the dissolution of Middle Class.

You might say "oh well competition exists so I can go somewhere else and work...", but when they import a shitskin laborers and every single company implements these policies as they are pushed from the S&P 500 downward, you will have no choice.

Fabricated and homosexual

This shitpost is so bad you owe me $100.
You have until tomorrow to pay.
This

I swear to god, this redditfag better not actually pay that bullshit.There's no grounds for actually being forced to hand them a check. And it's not like refusing to pay a credit card bill, where if you don't, your score plummets. There is literally no consequence to ignoring this. They can't do shit.

Furthermore, there's no problem with lying on your resume. The job market is fucking retarded and expects years of experience even for entry-level jobs, and god forbid if they actually have to give you any on-the-job training. This shit practically forces people to exaggerate/fabricate stuff on their CVs.

programming has really gotten ridiculous these days, you basically have to create a portfolio of work before you can even get hired at an entry level

goddamn, they should like enroll students who are learning and not pay them. damn who is the genius now

who the fuck needs to know erlang when you can just use elixir to do exactly the same thing. that's probably what the HR retards meant too.

Out there, somewhere- hands are rubbing together- greedily

have done this several times for my first SaaS.
>average cost for similar software is 55,000
>built at $9,000 because of dipshit waterloo dumbasses desperate for a job

Fuck that, then you have to do references for them and shit.

>you actually have to show you can do something before you're hired to do it
holy shit the stupidity.

youtube.com/watch?v=uKfKtXYLG78

The problem is that regardless of your field, every employer expects you to be able to enter a new job and get right to work at 100% efficiency without having to do a single bit of on-the-job training.

geekbooks.me
there's your 6 figure edumicatation for 10 bucks.

>yfw that's actually zuckerbergs original clone

thegrabbler.png

enjoy your slave economy cuck

what's it like knowing that even though you may be more qualified than me, I can still get a far higher paying job than you? Lol that must taste bitter

Probably because Pajeets keep using fake qualifications, and this is the only way to stop them.

Thats obviously fake and gay and you deserve a ban for bringing reddit trash here.

>if you dont pay us for wasting our time we will waste exponentially more time and throw money at lawyers to get back at wasting our time

lol. cutting off your large nose to spite your face. I hope the guy tells them to go dodge an oven.

If they're dicking around with shit like this there's a REALLY good chance the company is floundering - they are looking high and low for billable hours.
>What did we spend our time on last week? We really need to be more billable. Oh right we interviewed that guy who lied on his CV hehe let's bill him for our time.
This is completely pathetic.

actually... there's always the assumption that if you're discussing a contract with another party but the other party bails you can sue for wasted time, the only time you can't sue is if he rejected the job because he didn't like the salary

of course, this is in european continental law, I don't know what it's like in the states

did you sign something agreeing to paying them for their time?
no?
into the trash it goes

just wait until this becomes the newest precedent

Justified

Don't lie on a resume

Terrible precedent. Imagine what could be construed as not sufficiently qualified or experienced. A company could literally collect from anyone they don't decide to hire by that measure. As if corporations need more power.

This Jackass probably wasted their time but the solution is a better vetting process, and ending the interview early if necessary.

in America we have freedom so we do what we want

it means we can waste each other's time, and then sue each other for it

whenever we want

wtf did i just watch

They put the word "immediately" in their appraisal of if their time was being well spent. They ruined their own case. Immediacy implies zero time, meaning zero payment.

I would countersue claiming that after the aforementioned "immediate" knowledge of him not being qualified had elapsed, they were holding me prisoner against my will, as any company that could immediately recognize my skillset but still continue with the farse is obviously up to no good.

I always bill potential employers $300 an hour for interviews.
But 10/10 for troll image. Guaranteed replies.

Charge as a hiring consultant. They used your suggestion

There is already a far better way of doing this...

>hire him
>all new hires are on probation for X amount of time
>probation pay is significantly less than actual pay
>use him as a cheap grunt until he quits
>if he makes it close to the end of probation fire him for incompetence

Local steel company tried pull this shit with me once. advertised a job for $32/hr, told me I would be on probation for my first 600 hours and that probation pay was $14/hr. Thank god an old friend of my dad's saw me and gave me a heads up, cause I would have taken that job had he not warned me that hardly anyone gets past probation

>2 hour interview

fuck off

well done, employers

The future

They can send a bill.

The other guy doesn't have to pay, but they can still send a bill

sue them

The first section may have been on the qualifications he did have

>don't worry about the posted job requirements, they're only there to weed out the people who don't have confidence in their skills, just go in there, look 'em in the eye, and give 'em a firm handshake

This is the growing problem of muh high tech jobs in muh high tech civilization. Shit was probably a lot better 150 years ago when all you needed to know was bang a fucking hammer for the bulk of jobs. Fucking tech Jew always fucking us over.

>Head Developer
>hourly rate $55

What the fuck kind of shithole company pays that low for a lead dev?

this is widespread practice I'm afraid, and not only in the trades, and the probation never ends
they just kinda tempt you with promises of a larger salary soon enough and before you know it you've spent 2 years in the company and haven't advanced

Best response is send them the encrypted answer and Bill them for the password

Lmao my company does this every time they dump an apprentice on me. Had 2 in the past year, they told the first one to go home after the 3 month probation, the second guy left on his own after just 2 weeks

South Florida has become scam central for these types of jobs - commission based work, hire then fire, pay for your training, etc etc.