Flip Flappers

De-aging confirmed next episode. Are you ready?

my.mixtape.moe/zvibvt.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/y50rashi/status/811964041086136321
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1482416904634.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well thanks for the spoiler, asshat.

Well at least we get an explanation.

You probably shouldn't have started a thread with that and should have probably spoilered it when you posted it though.

I lost hope with this episode
Really dpn't care, both Papika and Cocona are dull

I can't believe Yayaka is the character with the best arc and motivation
And I'm saying that as someone that didn't like her character and the shitty Yayakafags in these threads. Forgive me, I didn't know it would be this awful.

This episode was great. Had some much fun and cool stuff and some great emotional and relationship progress for Cocona too.

Fuck you OP

Don't blame Yayakafags, blame the rest of the cast for not even trying.

They did nothing this episode
Cocona stilll needs handholding to make the simplest decisions
Papika got mind fucked and then says she loved Cocona from the moment she was born (instant killer)
The henshin wasn't earned

Zero progress for both of them

>They did nothing this episode
You sound pretty delusional to me. Sorry if you favourite ship didn't work out.

It's not your fault the director couldn't even make the supposedly main characters worth jack shit.

I can't wait for next week but I don't want the ride to be over

>responding to yourself.

It's from the PV, how is that a spoiler?

Not even shipping anymore. I wanted to see them grow as characters. They didn't, Yayaka did.

Will it explain why the KKK just let Papi go after capturing her in EP1?
Why didn't Grandma Bot tell Cocona to stay away from Papika?
What about the Corpse that was a bust?
How was there an Iro Gate if she was never in the Elpis and why was she painting Pure Illusion, actually: What was the point of that Character at all?
What was the point of the Brown Haired Girl? She did nothing.
Why did Mimi let Yaya Henshin in the first place?
What was Salts plan in going full Gendo on Cocona?

Episode was good, the one thing I didn't like was that good mimi was the catalyst instead of Cocona's own personal growth.

The whole "I loved you ever since you were born" was a bit of a downer too.

Can we all agree now that this anime is a piece of shit?

>they didn't
wrong. watch the series again

>the KKK just let Papi go after capturing her in EP1?
So that they could track her and Coconuts as they ran around gathering shards, that was literally explicitly explained

They grew plenty as characters. Cocona has clearly moved forward with her life from being anxious and reserved.

twitter.com/y50rashi/status/811964041086136321

Finally!

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1482416904634.webm

>Het pair is going to happen while the yuri pair is going down in flames
GET FLAPPED

I love how we joked about Salt and Sayuri getting together like 5 weeks ago and now suddenly the director has decided it's important enough to steal screentime away from Cocona/Papika/Mimi resolving the show's actual plot.

Going by the shadows, Papika is first thrown into prison, then she de-ages. Looks like it happens in a PI.

translation?

Loving all this bait every week on airing day.

No amount of screen time will salvage Cocona/Papika/Mimi. Yayaka is truly the only redeemable thing at this point.

This is the first week where I'm not even excited for next week. I just don't even care anymore. The show has gotten completely hijacked by PLOT and forgotten what made it good.

PV clearly shows that Salt won't last for long

This episode was a mess.

Cocona needs ENCOURAGEMENT not handholding. Feeling like she has no agency then realizing how lucky she is to have even a little in comparison to what her mother was given is like the crux of her whole character. Fuck right off.

Jesus you pseudo critics are retards.

How come
>it was originally just a mission, but over time I grew to really like her, please forgive me Cocona, I want to be your friend
counts as growth, but
>I can't make any decisions -> I just need a little bit of courage and not be afraid to fail
doesn't? Seems like a weird double standard.

>Making a side character infinitely better and more compelling than your two protagonists
What is 3Hz's endgame?

What if Flip flappers had been directed by Rie Matsumoto. How good could it have been Sup Forums

I wish I could not care right about now.

>Couldn't fall asleep yesterday because hype
>Won't be able to fall asleep tonight because so mad
Fuck my life.

This. I really feel like all the shitposters every week shitting on each episode don't actually understand anything about the characters. There are people actually complaining Mimi was defeated when we know for a fact she wasn't.

That and cancerous shipping/anti-shipping shitposts. Fuck off.

>IP count diodn't go up at all
You really are samefagging this hard. Pathetic.

Some pros and cons for episode 12 from me, for reference, I actually really liked episodes 10 and 11, a lot.

Episode Pros:

>Bush Rush is fun.
>Yayaka Henshin
>Bu-chan power up
>Salt being a badass
>That tense as fuck 10 seconds where Mimi rewrote Papika's memories

Episode Cons:
>"I have loved you since you were born!"
>Animation quality is getting more sporadic. Some clips are solid as fuck others are noticeably weaker
>Good Mimi Deus Ex Machina save. I actually wouldn't mind this at all if we had a couple more episodes to stew over Cocona and Papika mindbreaks, and some Cocona personal development and introspection that triggers the Good Mimi. But as it is it feels forced to make the ending fit within the next episode. Feels like they had to make the plot move faster than it was designed to be, which is unfortunate, because I feel like this good have been a really powerful moment.

Apparently I'm in the minority when I thought this episode was subpar, but that the Yaya/Coco development was actually alright.

I just want Salt to be happy.

>Flip Flappers 1.1 You Can (Not) Direct Drive

Salt doesn't deserve happiness.

Completely serious.

>Apparently I'm in the minority when I thought this episode was subpar
Don't think so, same here.

Why not?

>they animate the OP every week from scratch

Now that's dedication

Is Uexkull saving Yayaka?

>Best boy and best girl team up
There might actually be something salvageable here.

>implying
Don't take your frustration out on me user, I'm just stating the facts.

Terrible father. Not even that good of a person. If anything, he should be allowed to find redemption moments before he dies.

How does Yayakas weapon work?

>cocona sweetie, why does your bunny look like your father when it enters Pure Illusion?

If this would've just been PapiCoco going on a new Adventure every Episode playing out like a short story with new creative worlds while the Characters develop over the course of the Series I would've liked it a lot more.
The last 3 Episodes really made me realize how much I liked 1-5 and how much I dislike this "conclusion".

I've been feeling sluggish after the last couple airing days. The thought of having to wait another week to see if FliFla can pull itself together is maddening.

The cables are explosive and detonate when she strums them.
For some reason this doesn't destroy the cables and she can re-use them to explode things seemingly without limit.

They also have a rocket-propelled tip with a sharp point so they can be launched considerable distance, be guided after launching and puncture their target to anchor on.

A FIST BUMP ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

So Papika was imprisoned in that tree prison until GoodMimi released her right?

>Senpai will never show up again
This is the biggest crime.

Because her mother told her to. How can anyone justify this?

No, really. Why did she need another approval, another push, to do the most basic thing, after seeing her friends getting assblasted?
BadMimi is right for being overprotective of her. I think the scene could've been better if Cocona made that decision on her own, proving BadMimi she's able to stand on her own, making GoodMimi proud of her girl for doing so. The conversation didn't need to happen, Mimi could've been simply smiling in the distance the moment Cocona made her choice.

I mean, surely this scene wasn't for no reason.

She met Cocona and they Flip Flapped the fuck out of there

I think the prevailing theory is that Papika and Cocona reached stable impedance while in Mimi's PI, and their amorphous stones (Papi's in her anklet, Cocona's in her thigh) reacted and they portal'd out by accident.

>told her to
Are you retarded? She encouraged her to make the choice she knew she wanted to and helped her to find the courage she has been struggling to gather for the entire series. Perfect resolution considering it was her real mother who she wanted to see and speak to so badly. Absolutely perfect that it was her advice and guidance that helped her to move forward in her life. The fact that you don't see that shows how shallow you are.

We shakespeare now? Surely this must be a reference to the Tempest

While rewatching the episode I realized I forgot a stitch earlier.

>flip flap creators unironically believe they made a show good enough to justify a bad end
The only reason people watch this show is for Papika and Cocona, and they're gonna fuck it

I love those reverse Papika colors.

I agree with this almost 100%.

2 small changes would have made this episode really good for me- replace "I have loved you since you were born" with something else, and replace the Deus Ex Machina with something more personal.

Truly.

TRULY.

It looks like adult Papikana was locked in the PI dicktree, and then de-aged by Mimi
After being de-aged, she remained trapped in the dicktree and re-aged to the point of being the Papika we know, and then somehow found herself freed/escaped.

The preview has shots of 14-year-old (looking) Papika in the dicktree, so she must have spent a very long time in there.

Speculah time:
Mimi threw Papika in the dicktree and reverted her to Cocona's age
Mimi stayed with Cocona in PI with Papika abandoned in the dicktree for years
Young Cocona discovered young Papika in the dicktree and resolved to free her
The two of them escaped PI together, resulting in both of them losing their memories and returning to the real world
KKK caught Cocona while Flip Flap found Papika, and the two groups raised their respective child of PI into the 14 year old girls we know.

>Picked up the show for lesbians
>Stayed for wonderful episodic stories
>Endured the godawful last third because based Yayaka
I guess I can at least say it was quite the ride.

Again, having her make that choice on her own would be better for Mimi and Cocona. It would destroy EvilMimi reason to exist.

I understand what you're saying but Mimi wasn't part of Cocona's life for a very long time, there's a reason she hasn't fucked off for good yet

What would Salt do when got all the amorphous? What was he planning to do? Free Mimi and try to save her good side?

You can probably the whole storyboard for episode 13 if you try hard enough.

His goal was probably to try and revive the good Mimi in a way that didn't involve using her daughter as a vessel.

She really was Studio Pablo's self-insert all along.

3Hz is so out of money

they confirmed this weeks ago.

She was literally her entire motivation for going along with the adventures and Pure Illusions from the moment she heard it was a wish. Did you ever think the reason Cocona might have lacked direction and courage was because she didn't have her family to give her guidance and encouragement? Her mother didn't make her do anything. She gave her encouragement that she needed to do it herself.

You didn't buy the BDs
Why didn't you buy the BDs?

What if the main conflict really is already over and Episode 13 is just a 20-minute epilogue?

Sup Forums is so out of money

Broken by the director and discarded?

At least Yayaka was a badass.

If the ending is as shitty as the plot episodes, the director isn't even getting my rare Uexkull.

They aren't even part of the production comittee.
They didn't spend single cent of their own capital.

I really don't think Cocona's development is at all problematic, and if anyone is in fact bothered by it, it's really the least of the show's problems.

This is not how it works, though. 3Hz didn't pay for this anime. They might have misused their budget, there could be all kinds of stuff happening in the background that result in a poorer drawn episode.

At least tanu is amazing as always

Top is a storyboard panel
Bottom is a keyframe

They included a couple random keyframes in the preview. That's super alarming.

10 and 11 are good. Most of the 12 is also tolerable, it is its end that was shit.

Regardless of the money situation someone fucked up, what was that random panning and fading when Nyunyu went out into the snow? Are they purposefully trying to go for trainwreck appeal?

That's what I have pretty much been doing. I'm putting together frames that seem like they are connected and when most of them have been sorted I'm planning to try and put them in order.

They're an animation studio, user. They don't have their own capital.

And another.

Sayuri is my girlfriend