FCC chair takes shot at Tech Left

“Algorithms that decide what content you see (or don’t), but aren’t disclosed themselves. Online platforms secretly editing certain users’ comments. And of course, American companies caving to repressive foreign governments’ demands to block certain speech—
conduct that would be repugnant to free expression if it occurred within our borders.

In this way, edge providers are a much bigger actual threat to an open Internet than broadband providers, especially when it comes to discrimination on the basis of viewpoint.

That might explain why the CEO of a company called Cloudflare recently questioned whether “is it the right place for tech companies to be regulating the Internet.” He didn’t offer a solution, but remarked that “what I know is not the right answer is that a cabal of ten tech executives with names like Matthew, Mark, Jack, . . . Jeff are the ones choosing what content goes online and what content doesn’t go online.”

theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/11/28/fcc-chairman-ajit-pai-calls-out-twitter-facebook-youtube-and-silicon-valley-for-censorship-and-internet-content-manipulation/

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/matthew-mahood-76800469
wgntv.com/2017/11/27/fcc-to-vote-on-plan-that-will-scrap-open-internet-access-rules/
archive.fo/UHnGH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

B u m p

>names like Matthew, Mark, Jack, . . . Jeff are the ones choosing what content goes online and what content doesn’t go online.
what did he mean by this?

Is /ourpoo/ going to fix this?

PLEBBIT BTFO

Hey Zuckerberg

Remember when you banned me?

Read the whole transcript he also BTFO’s Alyssa Milano with a Tony Danze joke, Cher, says he almost responded to Mark Ruffalo tweet with “Hulk Wrong.” This Guy is certainly /our poo/

“Shifting gears, Alyssa Milano tweeted, “We’ve faced a lot of issues threatening our democracy in the last year. But, honestly, the FCC and @AjitPaiFCC’s dismantling of #NetNeutrality is one the biggest.”

I’m threatening our democracy? Really? I’d like to see the evidence that America’s
democratic institutions were threatened by a Title I framework, as opposed to a Title II framework, during the Clinton Administration, the Bush Administration, and the first six years of the Obama Administration.

Don’t hold your breath—there is none. If this were Who’s the Boss?, this would be an opportunity for Tony Danza to dish out some wisdom about the consequences of making things up.”

I remember when he banned "me" lol

This is fucking glorious. Might want to start lubing up, silicon valley commies.

“Then there is this critique that offered by Mark Ruffalo: “Taking away #NetNeutrality is the Authoritarian dream. Consolidating information in the hands of a few controlled by a few. Dangerous territory.” I will confess when I saw this tweet I was tempted to just say “Hulk . . . wrong” and move on.

But I’ve seen similar points made elsewhere, including in one e-mail asking: “Do you really want to be the man who was responsible for making America another North Korea?”

These comments are absurd. Getting rid of government authority over the Internet is the exact opposite of authoritarianism. Government control is the defining feature of authoritarians, including the one in North Korea.”

Even Takei the Gay isn’t safe from /ourpoo/:
“George Takei of Star Trek fame recently tweeted an article claiming that this was happening in Portugal, which doesn’t have net neutrality, and that this would happen in the United States if the plan were adopted.

There are a few problems with this. For one thing, the Obama Administration itself made clear that curated Internet packages are lawful in the United States under the commission’s 2015 rules.

That’s right: the conduct described in a graphic that is currently being spread around the Internet is currently allowed under the previous Administration’s Title II rules. So, for example, if broadband providers want to offer a $10 a month package where you could only access a few websites like Twitter and Facebook,they can do that today.

Indeed, the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals recently pointed out that net neutrality
rules don’t prohibit these curated offerings. So the complaint by Mr. Takei and others doesn’t hold water. They’re arguing that if the plan is adopted, Internet service providers would suddenly start doing something that net-neutrality rules already allow them to do. But the reason that Internet service providers aren’t offering such packages now, and
likely won’t offer such packages in the future, is that American consumers by and large don’t want them.”

Sad cuz I wanted bread on 1994 thefacebook. Good shpoopy thread a while back and can’t find.

If the December 14th vote goes his way he is going to poo all over zuckerberg and the rest of these beta tyrants.

That bunch likely don’t need lube they are all literally BTFO.

(((Cabal)))

>Mark Zuckerberg
>Jack Dorsey
>Jeff Bezos

Who's matthew?

I saw that thread too fucking FB total CIA surveillance op.

What is this a senate vote. Do we need to rely on John McCain?

Maybe this guy?
linkedin.com/in/matthew-mahood-76800469

If that happens, Google, YT, FB, and many other major sites will bite back and sue his ass for as long it takes till he resigns. Pai needs to resign and die.

Checked

Pajeet will save the internet

search for 'aboutface' or 'about face' in archive

Told you fuckers to not doubt Trump or Ajit Pai.

If Pai kills NN, millions will be hunting him down till they get his head.

FCC vote
wgntv.com/2017/11/27/fcc-to-vote-on-plan-that-will-scrap-open-internet-access-rules/

LOL

This made me laugh almost as much as Zuckerberg trying to pretend hes not a lizard

Thanks for the pointer

bump

They'll get a good raw dogging alright.

Jesus Christ he’s based as fuck.

Sorry for insulting you pajeets.

Monopolistic and anti-competitive asshole companies that shill for open borders and bringing in as many lower paid workers and cheaper coders and programmers and possible so they don’t have to hire Americans and outsourcing as much as possible to India getting BTFO by Pai is truly delicious irony.

So who votes at the FCC? Is the vote likely to succeed?

They all ready do if they take it that far they better start shaking on thier butt plugs.

I still can't believe how the majority of the internet has been brainwashed into thinking that siding with Facebook/Google/Twitter/etc in favor of NN. And they do this while claiming that they're crusading for a "free and open internet", meanwhile siding with the biggest contributors of CENSORSHIP in history. Faceberg and Jewgle are fighting against monopolies and fighting for free speech and against censorship? Bull fucking shit, but these retards all buy it up.

I want NN but get rid of censorship(make censorship illegal). They should've though of it in the first place.

>A poo gets revenge for all his overworked underpaid Loo IT brothers
HAHAH

Fuckin A it is bad. The amount of headupownassery on display daily online and in real life is astounding. Its like we aren’t even on the same planet as these lemmings sometimes and is the single biggest contributor to my entertainment of the concept that we are living in a fucking simulation.

Some people wont even take the time to see what they're using. Wanting to keep something they didn't even know about is astounding.

FUCK FACEBERG

That. Is. Funny.

Fuck this imma applaud to you with my fucking hands up, I'm not starting my fucking self. You fucking stupid bitch. This stupid fucking justice, our fucking righteous fucking niggers, the fcc, is doing this shit. You fucking niggers. I swear to fucking god i'm gonna jumpcut Yo, everybody type in the chat type "The fcc are a bunch of stupid niggers". Just type in the chat "The fcc are a bunch of stupid niggers". Fuck them, fuck them.

great article user thanks...wish someone would update the net neutrality article in Wikipedia with this info

>[sweating intensifies]

This is why we need more Libertarianism so that companies can have more freedom to censor and oppress us.

Damn son

That guys blog is one of the best around. Was predicting Trump victory very early and breaking down the bullshit polls and calling out the Ryan/McConnell uniparty long time ago. He’s been fucked on a few things but generally he’s a sharp cookie. Commenters it seems are people over 70 but it’s funny because they’ve been citing Sup Forums for a few months.

>Implying getting rid of NN remotely effects facebook being a cuckold

It doesn’t get rid of zucks bullshit, but it does point out the hypocrisy of their screaming it’s about “muh free internet” when really all they want is heavy regulation. All huge corporations shill for as much government horseshit involvement as possible because it increases barriers to entry for new competitors.

The competitor argument is already dead, it has been for a long time. Monopolies won't be broken by simply removing laws that somehow "protect" them.

Alright Sup Forums no more Poo jokes.

He's the hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Did you read the whole speech? It’s pretty clear that NN is not the only thing on his mind.

this requires a bump

Just like the millions that went after the bankers after the 2008-oh yeah, no.

FUCK ALL THESE FAGGOTS

lol

*breathes heavily*
you will not get away with this

>Poos on your censorship

BEHOLD
the true face of cold rage

>when you own and control the realm
and
>realize that perception builds reality

>yfw a poo saves the internet

is that reddit's owner?

Poo names the Joo, so I give bump to you.

Soros and the uber left Ford Foundation have spent 196 Million fighting For Net Neut. They wouldn't be doing that unless they believed it was a valuable tool to control the dialogue. Soros is the mouthpiece of Satan .. or a close cousin.

SINK THE KIKES
also
>is that reddit's owner?
yes

He'll keep spending more to keep NN afloat and to tell Pai to fuck off. George might as well bribe Pai to prevent this shit from happening.

Drop Jack and Jeff
Pick up Luke and John

>This is fucking glorious. Might want to start lubing up, silicon valley commies.
They better silicon up that valley ;^)

Sauce on curated packages being possible under Obama's net neutrality.

Here you go

archive.fo/UHnGH

He was referring to himself

Sauce on that image?

bump

THE ZUCC
H
E

Z
U
C
C

>Look guys I can post in vk anything I want!
>Hitler! Churkas! Jews! Yay!
>Knock knock citizen we have very serious questions for you

You forgot about article 282.

This is the fault of the government, not VK

Zuckerjew is so obnoxious and repulsive.

>Hello is this VKONTAKTE? This is FSB calling. User VasyaHitler1488 posted word "Churkas" yesterday can you give us all of his IPs?
>Oh god how is terrible! Of course we will send to your mail all that we know immediatly!
>Thank you for your help citizen! Glory to Putin!
>Glory to Putin!

>Hello is this VKONTAKTE? This is FSB calling. User VasyaHitler1488 posted word "Churkas" yesterday can you give us all of his IPs?
>No
>Oh ok, in fact, we can get its IP without you, it's just politeness. By the way, tomorrow at your office will conduct searches, and you go to jail. Glory to Ukraine!
>Glory to heroes

>rally against net neutrality which would essentially leave the internet free from throttling and filtering on a large scale
>attack tech companies for having screening within their own domains (aka sites you can choose to visit...or not)

THIS COGNITIVE DISSONANCE HAS REACH TRANSCENDENCE

jesus fucking christ tell me why plebbit is allowed to have opinions on literally anything? Also how many pro NN threads and posts about nightmare scenarios did we have to endure for the past few weeks? There's literally no argument for the existing NN

Do you think that such a thing has even a hope of working

The entire legal precedent is about to be thrown out, and the government will be unsuable, just like God intended

Alyssa Milano is stronk womyn dat showed dem titties a long tyme ago. Den she got sad and said no one was allowed to look at dem titties no more. The end.

>Open internet: yep
>Censorship: fuck nope
There ya go. Look at you just reasoning things out in a sea of conspiracies and knee-jerking contrarians