Twitter forever BTFO by FCC

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-28/twitter-slapped-by-fcc-chief-amid-wider-swipe-at-silicon-valley

How can silicone soyboy valley ever recover??

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/WWWYO
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DAY OF THE WEDGIE SOON

>How can silicone soyboy valley ever recover??
They won't. And it's beautiful.

>The God Emperor leads a revival in bullying and all of silicon valley is stormed like the Bastille and it's engineers and managers alike are rounded up and dunked face first into their low flow grey water gender neutral toilets

Make tech great again.

>criticizes twitter because they are a private business who can censor free speech
>trying to get the gateway to the internet operate the same way
What is he even doing?

archive.is/WWWYO
“When it comes to an open internet, Twitter is part of the problem” because it discriminates against some messages or messengers, Pai said in his speech in Washington on Tuesday defending his proposal to gut Obama-era net neutrality rules.
Pai went on to indict what he calls “edge providers” -- a term the FCC has used to encompass Google, Facebook, YouTube, Netflix Inc. and Microsoft Corp.’s LinkedIn -- as “a much bigger actual threat to an open internet than broadband providers, especially when it comes to discrimination on the basis of viewpoint.”
“The company appears to have a double standard when it comes to suspending or de-verifying conservative users’ accounts as opposed to those of liberal users,” Pai said in a speech sponsored by the policy groups R Street Institute, based in Washington, and San Francisco-based Lincoln Network. “This conduct is many things, but it isn’t fighting for an open internet.”

The ISP's are private companys if Silicon valley doesn't like it, they always have Google for their ISP needs, I am sure Google will gladly make their internet as censored as possible for twitter and faceberg, maybe the internet needs to fork and which ever internet/isp offers the most freedom of speech and commerce will win.

Nice these soy boys are getting what they asked for.

The absolute state of that manlet.

I was a net neutrality loving fag. now I see Drumpf and poojit has the right idea after all! Blockchain is the future. Fuck the tech-left.

ISPs have to adhere to the 1st amendment since NN treats the internet as a utility, much like water or electric. It is illegal for them to censor, throttle or block websites based on their political beliefs. Google and twitter can block or censor whatever they want on their sites, if they had an ISP it would be illegal because of the internet's current classification.

If only it were that simple. Its not.

NOOOOO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING WERE IN CHARGE WE WERE SUPPOSE TO THOUGHT POLICE ALL ONLINE DISCOURSE
BECAUE MUH SJW SILICON MONOPOLY AAAAAAAAA

Yeah man, They made billions, silent a bunch of people. GamerGate, AdPocalyse, NaziTube and some many others. I hope they are listening, these soyfaggs will get fucked

I went on slashdot to see what those old nerds had to say and they are all against what Ajit Pai has to see and alot of articles are using trickery to make out he is making a false comparison. I hate nerds they are such faggots.

Google is an ISP and routinely blocks or removes content, I assume it's net neutrality protecting their bad behavior.

Google can block or remove content on their site, they cannot with their ISP block or censor sites.

are you on the arguing side or agreeing side of nn

I am against it.

why be against it, it protects your freedom of speech and if we remove it it just gives isps more power, they can throttle your speeds and remove websites because of bandwidth is hard on their side even though your paying for your data.

shut up reddit

Any tech company that's going to be around in the future has made the switch to E2E Encryption by default. It's not that they care about your privacy, but because they can see the tides, and that the government is going to legislate the services out of existence if they can actually see your shit.

says the stupid paid expat shill

The first time that happens I will drop that isp I have like 5 of them in my midwestern area. Not counting cell phone companies. I am not worried about the ISPs doing something that would piss me off the consumer, why should I care if they jew netflix and google, they can afford it.

because your isp will ban your favorite websites, they will fuck you hard if this gets removed.

What specific websites do the ISP's want to ban?

nice scare tactic there, your doom and gloom scenario cannot explain why sites were not banned by ISPs prior to 2015. Net Neutrality has only been active for a couple of years.

NN does none of those things. Pic related, here's what a so-called proponent of NN does to anyone who tries to look up a tweet without an account to be data mined. All these silicon valley shills are full of shit, and Obongo's NN is only there so they can get a free pass to use everyone else's infrastructure to collect data from you and shove ads and propaganda down your throat.

Don't reply, he's afraid that twitter and youtube and facebook will not be able to ban "wrong think" (read: content and opinions that stray from the liberal orthodoxy)

The fact that George Soros and Obama pour their funding into supporting Net Neutrality should speak all about which side you should be taking.

Wrong.

I know my gook friend, I am just having fun with this fuckhead.

It was funny to watch the right take a few days to come up with this narrative... now I see that it has gotten back to trumps shill and now he is spouting it too.

Yes they can. It happened to Stormfront and the Dailycaller or whatever the hell that other site was called

The only time domains got taken down without any illegal content like CP or drug trafficking was when "NN" was enacted

>namefag

Stormfront was taken down by their webhost not an ISP. Dailycaller is still a website.

ISPs and webhosts are not the same thing

Thank you

You could have prevented this democrats.

But no, you had to aggressively push for censorship.

I'm so tired of being vilified for opposing Net Neutrality. I've tried explaining my position, but it's always countered with vicious and non-argumentative hatred for no reason. Why the fuck?

Can someone here give me a non-reactionary and fact-based opinion on why supporting Net Neutrality would be a GOOD thing?

So far, all I get (and I'm talking dozens of times, online and irl) is "corporations are bad" and "even the corporations are supporting it" which is fucking stupid - if they are bad and can't be trusted, why does their support of it mean it's good?

>not realizing this name is literally sage
In all fields, apply the aforementioned plant

Here's the only reason people ever give: better the evil you know. Sure, ending NN could be better (like in pic related), but it could also be worse.

Because the people supporting Net Neutrality get their information from Reddit and Hollywood celebrities.

None of them. But the likely outcome is that they have rate limits or throttled traffic for internet but max speed and unlimited traffic to partner sites and the top 20 most popular sites.

If you want to surf the web freely or use a VPN you will either end up in throttled (low speed) or rate limited internet.

This is how it tends to be implemented in practice and it destroys the prospect of competition among smaller businesses and websites that aren't in the top 100.

As an example, "free social media" would include facebook, instagram and twitter, but not Gab, Minds or Sup Forums etc.

I prefer competition on the internet. Tiered internet is a way for producers of bad, but established products, to shut their competitors out of the market place.

explain further, change my opinion on the entire thing, ill listen to what you have to say.

>thinking they'd charge and piss off hundreds of millions of end users instead of the small handful of megacorps like Netflix, Reddit or Google

heh

So it's $55 per month with NN

And without NN it's a total of $55 if you want every package, but leftist appointees who promise to be non-partisan will be in charge?

So, you pay for everything even if you don't use it, or I can just pay for what I use and get cheaper internet?

oh really so twitter has to abide by the first amendment or not? No? Then fuck them. The utilities can cut off their access.

>haha they'd never charge ME extra!
>ohh crap they are
>well thank the FREE MARKET I'LL JUST SWITCH TO....
>ohh both comcast AND time warner are doing it?
>o-ohh w-well i can always not have internet
>...
>*pays extra $10 to access Sup Forums and extra $40 to access exhentai*

Sup Forums has been around since 2004 and was easily accessible, net neutrality took hold when? 2014. So are you saying all of a sudden without net neutrality the internet would be a complete unusable mess?

Is that how the internet was before net neutrality?

Sup Forums is the only "social media" I use. I don't care about twitter or gab, or facebook, or youtube, if they all disapeared over night I woudn't notice, unless some user made a thread about it laughing at their dumbasses. I don't care desu, and if it fucks over google and faceberg, that's just a bonus Conservatives are already censored nearly every where on the internet, so fuck it if it brings down the whole house so be it.

not that guy but if you're not able to read that and understand it you should go back to B

a website is and of itself
FREE SPEECH YUO
DUMGB FUCKS

its liKE THE FCC
>THIS BY THE WAY IS A FALSE FLAG MY POINT
COMING ON HER AND SAYIN
OOOOHHMM YOU SAID NIGGER
YOU SUPPORT SLAVERY
YOU DONT SUPPORT BLM

YOU DIDNT DO SOMETHING TO HEP NIGGERS SINCE THEYRE EVEN INCAPABLE OF SPEECH

THEY ARE COMPLEELTY USELESS SLAVES

YU DIDNT SUPPORT SLAVERY/NOT SUPPORT

Burn and rebuild

well welcome to the time where no company wants to be in a package with Sup Forums... in fact any website that wants to be visited will have to become family friendly.... thanks Trump, you limp dick cock sucker.

I'd recommend grade school and when they teach you how to structure and break down sentences

>thinking google and netflix shilled the fuck out of Obama for NN-legislation out of concern for your pocketbook

lol

wrong faggot it's a communication application not a website and is used for all sorts of functions in that capacity including natural disasters.

Not a website.

kill yourself

(you)

Once again Sup Forums was easily accessible before net neutrality and I am sure would remain easy to access

If its the same price for everything, and you can opt out of the shit you don't want (such as social media) and save money, I don't see how anyone could paint that as bad.

Of course, the companies could ALSO do pic related, which would be bad.

head on back home faggot

That's one way it could go. Another way is the pic in: Which is why I said that people are saying "better the evil you know."

I'll take that risk. Lets see who blinks.

shut the fuck up nothing why dont you stupid fuckers shut your mouths

I'll skip on the tranny threads, but hey go fuck yourself

Wow, great refutation.

net neutrality was a big deal back in the day when everyone who had an internet connection ran a shitty geocities page and a million vbulletin boards where everyone posted whatever the fuck they wanted and AOL wanted to to keep non-AOL users from accessing AOL subscribers' shitty geocities webpages.

Things have changed since then and now a small number of hypercucked sjw organizations are using their heavy share of web traffic to tailor political thought along their ideologies and using the old NN-laws to force ISPs to have their entire customer base subsidize them.

>But the likely outcome is that they have rate limits or throttled traffic for internet but max speed and unlimited traffic to partner sites and the top 20 most popular sites.
It's illegal in the US to throttle sites by ISPs and if you don't think the government won't act against it with enormous fines and intervention you're wrong especially on the tail of repealing net neutrality when they'll specifically be watching for it. But you're probably just another leddit plant anyway so what's the point in explaining US law to you?

>u-umm sure the companies sued the FCC SPECIFICALLY so they can do this and this is why net neutrality was implemented but SURELY they wouldn't REALLY want to do that its just a joke!

>thinking either side cares about saving you money

The absolute state of Americucks

When were internet service providers ever charging for websites?

i watched the right form this opinion over three days... nice try fag

Holy fuck the NNigger Holocaust is approaching

How is it reasonable to push for equality in this instance and not when a local bakery refuses to make a gay wedding cake? Genuinely curious.

- Internet is currently treated as a utility, under this classification if you offer an ISP service you cannot censor, block or throttle any website you do not like. It is treated much like electric or water because of the infrastructure needed to operate around the city
- Established ISPs have monopolies in many areas and have also had the government help them set up fiber with subsidies. You cannot break up these companies because you can't use the same fiber for different companies, you will need to set up additional fiber
- Establishing an ISP is very costly and can take years to set up so many rural areas won't see competition at all if that even happens since you need to set up fiber all around the city

Additionally if you believe in anti-trust then you don't believe in an truly free market, and think there should be some government involvement in some capacity so you can't really be totally anti-government, just like you can't be totally anti-corporation.

What they can't do now is censor, block or throttle based on what they do not like. In the current political climate it's popular to pressure companies to censor unpopular opinions, and generally to not make waves those companies will do that. With this classification those ISP companies don't have that responsibility (or right) to police the content their subscribers might see when using their ISP service.

NIGGER
inside jokes?
unlimited access
now shut the fuck up unless you can make ..just shut the FUCK UP NIGGER

>It's illegal in the US to throttle sites by ISPs
wowe and its almost like thats why ISPs are trying to get net neutrality repealed whodathunkit

Never, to my knowledge. Then again, was network congestion/taxation a concern in the past? Fuck if I know. I was just pointing out the optimistic and the pessimistic viewpoints. Some people see the potential of the first image, and like it. Others see the potential for the second, and don't. Whether you want net neutrality or not depends on what you think will happen.

Reminder we won, you shills for hill lost, get use to it and kill yourself.
BYE-BYE BYE BYE-BYE

thats not the way a UTILITY is classified or the way they do them

THEYRE LYING tHIS IS A FALSE FLAG
THEY ARE LYINGABOUT THE MEANING OF
(((NET-NEUTRALITY)))
*citations'; needed

Good thing our corporate friends would never pass those costs on to us!
I love living in a capitalist utopia:)

Were you even alive before NN or are you just some 5 year old vegetable plugged into some supercomputer somewhere? This was not and never has been a reality. The most likely outcome is the prices will stay the same for the "full internet", but if you're some soyboy faggot that just wants the "reddit package" then you can pay $40 instead of the normal $50 for it. You niggers talk like the only way for prices to move is up. Your lack of knowledge in this area just shows you don't belong here.

you aint going to touch shit bitch or ill kill you

>We need net neutrality because of (vague thing)
>Well actually (hard facts)
>Yeah but buuuuut Comcast shill

Day of the wedgie

>tfw live in new zealand so this shit doesnt affect me

Yeah, it's their infrastructure that they invested in. It is a service not a utility. They could shut it down tomorrow if they so choose. Then what would everyone cry about? How the isps shut down their service and that the need to provide internet. No one needs internet, no one needs Netflix, of you do need internet you only need it for email or other communication needs.

>ISPs would NEVER jack up the price of something thats ridiculous! they're all communist co-ops who hate money!

Because us on the right never claimed to be for equality, while the communist Democrats unironically so try to force Christians to participate in gay LARPiages at the point of a gun.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE NIGGERSALERT NIGGER ALERT
I DONT EVEN SEE WHAT THE FUCK TEIR PRETENDING NOW THEIR PACKAGES ARE
(((INCLUDES EVERYTHING)))

HOW DOES THAT DIFFER FROM NOW
WITH UNLIMIITED ACCESS
INTENRET
YOUR NOW NOT HAVE THE INTERNET
THE POINT IS THE INTERNET IS JUST A PLACE WHERE THERE IS COMMUNICATION
YOU CANT SAY CALING ONE PERSON IS ONE THING BUT ANOTHER IS SOMETHING ELSE

They're more likely to raise your prices when you can them from throttling edge providers. How are commies so retarded .

>GODAMN FUCKING THE PHONE COMPANIES
>ANY UTILITY
IS NOT RAN IN THIS MANNER

Shills HATE me

So the meme was true then

And who is going to stick with an isp who just jacked up prices, blocked websites, so on? No one, then all it takes is one isp not to do that and everyone would give their money to the isp who isn't blocking websites and slowing down speeds. No one is forcing people to buy internet services from an isp, people choose to.

Wow it's almost like that's been in place before NN you fuckwit, it just wasn't some huge ballsack of legislation called NN. We know you're terrified to see your commie reddit and kikebook go down in flames but really your shilling is way too obvious.

PHONES HAVE LONG DISTANCE NUMBERS
AND 900 NUMBERS

THATS WHAT THEY WANT TO TURN IT INTO

NOT THE ALL 800 NUMBER IT IS NOW

THINK OF IT LIKE TAHT FUCK THEES FAGGOTS