Is this right?

Is this right?

Why is Sup Forums so stupid?

how is hyouka deep

Considering you're using that as your OP image. I think you might be the one mentally challenged.

Did anyone understand what The Portrait of Petite Cossette was about?
Granted, I watched it back when it first came out and never looked back, but I didn't understand what was going on.
Blonde loli was hot!

These kinds of threads are a bannable offense, right?

It's a modern retelling of Evangelion and most people don't realize it,

FliFla has zero (0) depth.

it puts me into deep sleep

some dead loli transplanted her rapist's soul into someone else so she could torture him or something

read the manga
>plotfags

It was about waisting your time.
It's a boring snoozefest that goes apeshit towards the end. Nothing more to it.

>this pleb calling cossette boring
It's a masterpiece in visual direction, a story that only Shinbo could bring out through his directing style. It's no wonder that this board shits on Monogatari and Cossette, they have no appreciation of an actual auteur in their medium.

Only fags actually watch anime, cool dudes just skim the wikipedia article

>Monogatari
>Shinbo
Can't tell if this is bait

We get it OP you're just too deep and understand these snoozefests like no one on Sup Forums ever could. Or it could just be that your taste is garbage and you're overthinking boring shows.

Sup Forums is intended for people who can appreciate mise en scène

>overthinking visuals
>in a visual medium

Sure, it's not intended for people who appreciate different kinds of genres and want to discuss anime and manga then?

The concept of patrician taste on Sup Forums is so stupid because after all these years, it still just boils down to Sturgeon's Law.

Plotfags are cancer
The absolute worst thing to ever happen to cinema was the adoption of psuedo-literary forms

Umaru is really the pinnacle of intellectual anime that only high intellectual individuals as myself can really appreciate. None of you can ever truly see this for the masterpiece that it is and how deep it truly is.

Only plebs won't realise how deep and meta Naruto is. Kishimoto's masterpiece is a commentary on humanity as a whole and on an other layer discusses the state of the industry at the same time. You can learn multipe things from all the different layers going paralell with only one watching.

There's nothing deep about it. It's just the visuals that confuse people.

this

naruto is the most human anime of all time

Post examples, senpai.

If it doesn't have a plot as complex and sophisticated as my Isaac Asimov novels it's shit

tfw kurozuka is my favorite but nobody else likes it ;__:

Please don't associate Hyouka with trash

Hyouka is the least interesting artwork in that selection

>asimov
>deep
This is bait right?

Yes, plotfag. Because it's the most important part of any show.

Unless you're implying pretty pictures are enough to satisfy you, in which case I have a kaleidoscope that will blow your mind.

...and filtered.

ITT exit-level anime

Plot is one component of narrative, and has no real significance in the artistic quality of a work

Only plebs and plotfags don't realize the artistic genius and quality of Sekkou Boys. It's the greatest anime I've ever seen, nothing will ever close to this masterpiece.

epic ref dude, saw screenies of that on funnyjunk once

What?

Alright I'll take the bait.

How in ANY FUCKING WAY is Phantom World even remotely deep?

i like it a lot but i wolud like to understand the ending a lot better also Araki directing a good history is great.

your reference, it was truly epic, and I am congratulatiing you on this fact

What reference?

KyoAni's masterful understanding of visual storytelling eluded a lot of people.

The one in your post, post No. 151328195

Sometimes it isn't bait, user. Sometimes it's just a joke.

Yes but then again I forget kind of.

He got what he wanted. Thats the ending.

What in that post resembles a reference?

>plot
>the most important thing in a show
in a visual medium? i don't THINK so.

while OP is right, his image is horribly wrong.
The majority of anime viewers (and Sup Forumsnons) don't delve too deep beyond monthly stuff, and are more focused on things like fanservice, waifus, shipping wars, animation quality, shounen, LN adaptions, Kyoani, etc.

So when something comes along that has any hint of abstraction or change from the normal settings, story structure, and characteristics from their typical anime they ignore it.

The part where you make an explicit homage

Point that part out for me please.

10/10, maybe a chaos;head there would be nice. I will start posting this too

>when an shitposter encounters a countershitposter

Who are you quoting?

Not completely true, Space Dandy was a worldwide smash hit purely on the quality of its cinematography

really? I thougth the chasing was infinite.

That was what he wanted though. Its a time reset who knows

What words in that posts are used as a homage?

The central theme

Mobile Suit Gundam: Reconguista in G

>Space Dandy was a worldwide smash hit purely on the quality of its cinematography

I don't think people knew that consciously though.
It was a good show, but I thinks its fame came because it was basically lighthearted cowboy bebop.
plus it aired on Toonami

I don't see "The central theme" used in that post though

so you cant have artistic anime that have unique qualities in expressing its form?
or is anime only reserved for harems, battle schools and iseksai stories with cucked MC's? because thats whats being constantly shit out and its dry as fuck. when as there and anime that made you think about the entire scope of the world the studio/writers/animators are trying to convey to you, but are only meet with dumb ass fans who are only interested in who wins the MC bowl and when the hentai doujin for said characters will come out

I thougth kuromitsu was the mastermind behind chasing but anyway I will just pay atention the next time.

What is this, a spirit for ants?

He's saying Monogatari isn't Shinbo, you dumb fuck.

Who was in the wrong here?

he was writing a silly long post so he would get lots of replies, thanks for contributing

epic 4channer speak dude

Underrated post

I didn't watched any of these, should I?

It has references you only understand if you know the culture, so for an outsider it's "deep" ?

But to try and be serious, I can think it's about how reality online can no longer be seperated from real life, and made up characters and stories have become real life. Main character directly addressing the viewer and talking about the show without breaking the illusion.

>mfw I think Flip Flappers is great
>mfw I loved Hyouka
>mfw I downloaded Kurozuka after a few threads, haven't watched though

But please, other than Reina and Koito Phantom world was bad.

>Hack//SIGN
>Deep
It was just an anime with about 7 episodes worth of content stretched into the two cour 25 episode format.

Long boring stretches of people talking inanities and nothing happening does not equal deep.

flip floppers went from zero depth to puddle depth with the writer change

yeah dude irrational flifla hate is my favorite Sup Forums meme too

Wiki for facts
Mal for the hardfacts
Tvtrope for softfacts
Sup Forums for hardsoft

That's a very roundabout way of saying you just like eyecandy.

my favorite meme is pretending a subpar show is aots/aoty

Haha, it's so bad.
Whats with blond guys face?

How is it bad?

is this b8?

Do you understand the meaning of the word depth? It's absolutely packed with visual subtext. It has the literal textbook definition of depth you fucking retard. At least understand buzzwords before you trot them out.

whom*

Nice dubs

On Sup Forums, depth is defined as the degree to which the plot of a work resembles Frank Herbert's Dune

mango is best desu

please be bait

>Phantom World
I laughed

>hyouka
>phantom shit

Oh, like the rebuilds.

Not enough action for you? Wanna go back to your shitty battle harems and let us enjoy our tasteful human dramas?

What's wrong with phantom world?

>ITT why doesn't Sup Forums like my shitty shows

Who are you quoting?

OP's sentiment

One way to find out

Depends on your taste. Hyouka is one that I recommend its a slow burn kind of anime that in my opinion is very romantic. Much of the what drives it is interpersonal relationships but it takes place in reality so it comes off as too mundane for most to enjoy as entertaining anime. It is very much like the book it is based on. If you like books this anime is for you.