Yuri!!! On Ice

It's over, but we still have the memories.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wvtn-ycfRII

S2 never.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UdPq7iGtBeI
vote.animefestival.jp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadruple_jump_controversy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw ending with Yuuri and Victor living together makes this fanart now an actual possibility

FAIRY WON EVERYTHING.

Let's be happy because he deserved it.
He worked his ass off for it, and earned it.

I'm happy for you little fairy, you really were the Yuri on Ice.

Just hopefully his growth spurt doesn't fuck him over.

>mfw Yuuri gets nerfed next season just for dramatic tension and his FS record is broken offscreen by __JJ__

He'd just have to keep skating until he breaks it again, another one of Victor's requirements.

Yeah, even though I didn't want him to win gold, I can't even be mad about it because I like him too much.

おめでとう、フェアリー

>male voices
Have you no shame?

What the fuck was with the end of that hotel scene? Victor grabs the pig and then a voiceover saying they discussed it? This was an important conversation, why did they decide to cut it out in favor of retarded JJ bullshit? What the fuck were Baldfat doing in the meantime then, because they weren't practicing and were nowhere to be seem before the FP actually started. How did they make up, because they're back to hugging and shit when the last time they appeared Victor was crying and Piggy was acting like a fucking autistic asshole?

What the fuck was with the writing this episode?

JJ and Kubo a shit.

They ran out of jikan

All the time and budget went into animating Victor's tears. They couldn't continue the scene and hold that level of quality so it got cut short. Nothing to do with JJ so don't bully.

i was wondering why victor had scratches on his back but then i realized kek

They fucked offscreen.

Though it's probably because they didn't have enough time, the ep was pretty rushed.

>Nothing to do with JJ so don't bully.

They should cut all of JJ's scenes.

>don't bully.
JJ's training diet is nothing but slimy judge sperm and ballsack hairs.

Piggy's FS showed his Ai for Viktor, proving he wasn't trying to hurt him by letting him go. That's why he looks so touched. They should have made it about 100x clearer, though.

They waste the jikan on JJ.

Fairy was born to make history, Pig was born to die.

I'm so proud of him. I hope he's getting nervous over nothing, he will go through puberty effortlessly and blossom into a beautiful Russian Angel.

A FUCKING LEAF

Yeah that's obvious but there was obviously an impactful discussion and other weird shit between the hotel scene and the FS because they attitudes hard completely changed and they didn't even practice. I don't understand why they couldn't have chosen to to animate at least until the end of the conversation because it's much more important than JJ antics.

I think they cut that scene for the Lambiel stuff. It comes right after and seems shoved in.

>cut off important conversation for celebrity cameo
That's even worse desu

Finally got around to reading the last thread, mspaint user killed me.

Keep bullying, I like you

Yuuri did the morning practice just not any of the extra ones. They were still super awkward until Yuuri was already on the ice, and Yuuri told him to stop acting like a coach which made Viktor tell him he was shit for not getting any golds. They laughed off the tension.

The hotel scene still should have been resolved though. It was clearly cut off before it was supposed to be.

I swear this is the only way they know how to communicate. I can see them having a fight, run down to the rink, and then skate out their replies to each other.

Sad I got bored of this like 2 episodes ago. Probably wont pick it up again.

The ending was shit anyway.

Episode 10 was the true end anyway.

It still revolves around ice skating, obviously if it wasn't a sports anime it'd be much different.

JJ needed that bronze

Ending screamed 'rushed' and redone from the original plan

Just another Free after all. Will be forgotten rather quickly.

Don't be salty because best Yuri won.

Yurio winning gold was the best thing about the ending though

But Yurio winning was one of the few good things about the ending.

I want to hug the bear

Thanks, glad we agree.

So what was the point of the Chris flashback "you always come early" moment? It never amounted to anything in ep 12.

Buildup for S2 for more homopander, of course

Do nips even like Chris?

yurio winning more than made up for yuuri winning silver. fairy is best boy.

>Victor will be subject to this level of quality skating if there's not a huge improvement in animation between seasons 1 and 2
I hope the nips regret harassing Kubo to bring him back.

The writing was terrible but god why is JJ /yoi/'s scapegoat for everything? Why not cut Otabek or Phichit or Chris then if you just want to complain? Chris and JJ actually have substance and their skate scenes should be shown because they're supposed to be the main competitors even if they get nerfed.

Don't you people get tired of the same complaints every time? Mountainfu was better than this.

Either
>the last episode was a rewrite that cut whatever role he originally had in it
>the last 2+ episodes were rewrites and he was getting an introduction before he gets a proper role in s2

It's really bizarre to introduce a new character with a VA and do nothing with them.

someone save this post for when sales figures come out

Their budget won't be an issue but what they really need is time to get things right, hopefully the fans are patient.

JJ robbed Chris of his bronze.

Everything JJ is biggest part of the bad writing for episode 12. Too much time was wasted on that shit.

>cut Phichit
Fuck you

If nothing else, I'm excited for St Petersburg shenanigans.

Free had great sales, a second season, a movie, and still has a huge fanbase with loads of doujins etc. It was hardly forgotten, you probably judge relevance on how often Sup Forums talks about it. As far as I know Freefags post in ghost instead of here.

I mean, technically if JJ still messed up Otabek would get bronze, not Chris.

I agree that it wasn't the best writing but it's definitely not the biggest part. I genuinely began to enjoy his character because they took the time to flesh him out despite not being a part of the main three, same with Christophe. Actually showing that he can make a comeback is more development and better writing than having Yuuri and Victor simply decide to resolve their issues after the skating and having Otabek narrate the story. Otabek's FS being a narration is just horrible.

Talk to the writers about his absolute lack of his character development and relevance in the story.

Nah it was shit writing and JJ a shit..

Phichit is better than the leaf.

Muh anxiety was just cheap drama and having him come back in the following episode cheapens it even more.

Phichit was the first new skater that was relevant though

I'm talking about character relevance and development in the story and nothing about who you like more

JJ should have came in last place.

I know the bronze was bullshit but I can't hate JJ

JJ's "development" is a joke.

i want bikefairy pair skate

I can hate the leaf easily.

Fuck off Kubo.

Season 2

> just cheap drama
Oh absolutely and unfortunately true, him being the one to suddenly panic considering he competed in a previous GPF is tacky and obviously just to nerf the big competitors. I'm not saying his writing was terrible, I'm just annoyed that people point out just his part as the worst when there's so many glaring issues to discuss but we always come back to a rather mundane one. It makes /yoi/ look more like a hivemind that I'm hoping it won't become.

He really wasn't though. He's the first skater outside the main three that we get to know who will be in the GPF but besides that he has so little going for him. His motive is simply to be present at the Final itself, and after that's been achieved, he really doesn't contribute to the ending. It's disappointing, but as of the ending of season one that's what his character amounted to.

If I was Kubo I wouldn't have Otabek monologue the story.

Baldfat is shit tier ship and why you don't want your ships canon because they'll be shat on by shitty drama.

Good that you agree that the writing regrading JJ was shit.

Kill 2D Patrick Chan

(you)

More like kill 3D Otabek

If I actually cared about JJ I'd be smug that he won bronze at all. I'm more mad that we complain more about side characters than the terrible writing to finish an otherwise good season.
I know Sup Forums is a hive mind but I was hoping at least a week would pass before we get this bad.

It's horrible and I can't fathom why anyone would think its decent.

It's going to be fun, they should help further draw Yuuri out of his shell. I want Yakov to tell embarrassing stories about Victor.

Yuuri is such an infuriating MC holy shit

Fairy should have been the MC

>we

Fuck off

JJ a shit and I will shit on him forever.

Did Episode 12 turn anyone else into a fairy-fag? I never hated fairy prior to Episode 12, but seeing his final FS it was like a deep realization came from within me.

Victor still best boy though.

Pretty much. Even if some still don't like him, the hotel scene made many mad at Pig.

youtu.be/UdPq7iGtBeI

when will bike

last day to vote:

vote.animefestival.jp

quite potentially in Fairy's EX when it get's released on the BDs

Leaving JJ's placing aside, the scores were just totally fucked in general. Yurio shouldn't have won, he was overscored for his SP and if it was accurate Yuuri would've beat him. Yuuri was also underscored for his SP.

I really don't know what they were trying to do. For the most part, the scoring wasn't all that off. Are they intentionally over/underscoring characters to reflect times it happens in real life? Did they just run out of time to fact check the scores by the end? Did they just say fuck it and not worry about the accuracy as long as the 'feel' of the programs matched the score?

Fuck you all, episode 12 is fine because Fairy won and he saved the series

I still prefer Bald and Fat but it reminded me that I love Fairy despite being mad at him since ep 10. His feelings about Yuuri endeared me to him massively. He is also elder god tier beautiful.

I'm thinking the last one, but also what if they rewrote things for sequel hook and fudged the scores without changing the routines

Fairy being best as usual isn't enough to save that garbage of an episode.

Fairy winning was good but everything else smells like rewrote sequel bait bullshit

>mfw people call yuuri and victor fiances when it's never referred to again

What was Otabek feeling when he popped Yurio's cherry?

That won't happen until he's 16

There's no reason for an S2. The show already exhausted it's paper thin characters and wasted time going nowhere and recycling/showcasing badly animated performances for whole episodes. Another season would just make the poor writing stretch too far.

hes peaked until he can get married to the fairy

As a skating-fag myself I have to disagree.

There's an overemphasis on quads in modern programming which isn't a new concept, and is actually portrayed pretty realistically in YOI.

Read this and you'll get the idea: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadruple_jump_controversy

YOI example: someone in a thread yesterday was saying JJ shouldn't have scored as high as he did in SP, but the reality is despite not completing his planned jumps, he still landed all his jumps with no falls/touchdowns with all rotations and still landed his quad, which put his programs technical difficulty still on par with Phichit.

Honestly I'm considering doing a potential score breakdown chart because I'm sick of this "hurr the scoring wasn't accurate".

Of all the shit Kubo/Kenji/Sayo spent time on, the scoring is pretty accurate to real life (even if it's inflated because anime).

They didn't even have time for Yurio's gala performance, it's not surprising they didn't waste time on reiterating something they already established.

Though, I don't actually think they're engaged. That's not the sort of decision that can be made based on assumptions and it can't be one sided, Yuuri really should confirm it verbally.

Do they keep changing the spelling of JJ's name? I swear it was Jean Jaques in the previous competition.