This show isnt really good its kinda boring

this show isnt really good its kinda boring

If you don't have the attention span for episodic shows, you might as well stop watching Nipponese moving pictures.

What a faggot

Failed for the same reasons filp flap is failing now: Episodic lol so random style over substance shit.

>still no second season

Boring? BORING? You don't know the MEANING of the word.

Some episodes are definitely garbage but to my memory, there were more good episodes than bad ones overall.

>over substance
Maybe you should actually watch it instead of talking out of your ass.

>replying to a post with that many purely memetic phrases in it
Why did you choose to do this?

It's because there's barely any overarching plot or character backstory so you end up not really caring about any of the characters. Fuck, QT is the only one that has a solid episode about his/her/its past.

That said, there are fantastic episodes of this show in season 1. 8, 9, and 13 are a good few.

You mean third

Definitely wish there was an episode that showed how QT and Dandy met.

But given how the show works, I bet Dandy just got QT at a garage sale or something and decided to keep him.

Its very hit or miss, but some episodes are really fucking great. Switching directors hurts overall characterization and story, but gives way more artistic variance and diverse ideas.

most likely he confused him for a rare alien and QT stick with him since he was looking for a meaning in life

The court room episode explained that Dandy was scammed into buying him.
English dub said he thought he was buying R2.

...you mean a third?
There was a complete 2nd, just like Bebop, with an ambiguous yet tear-jerking finale.

yeah, i mean third. it was a split so the second half wasn't really a sequel, just the other part of it

i just want fucking more is my point - even a movie would be alright, if done well. kekkai sensen getting another season recently has given me a little hope

Idk how you cannot end up caring for Dandy or QT after most of S1. And Meow sorta after his homeplanet vist.

Dandy is a mal-adapted Superhero (except his only power is surviving via luck) who fails at everything except surviving, despite a legitimate attempt to achieve success.

QT is a selfaware genius faggotbot who is destined to be unappreciated and depressed.

Meow is dumb as hell and shit until you see him visit home, and even then you realize his family has a fuckton of kids to replace him.

Anyway, there are some truly emotional scenes in this show that come out of nowhere and hit you like a brick.

The episode with the organic planet, planet of the dead, and girl with stuff animal come to mind

>TFW both seasons on Blu-Ray and its only the third purchased series at 25 y/o

I certainly agree more is needed. Unlike Champloo and Bebop, this series doesn't have a main enemy or theme that needs to be defeated/accomplished. I think a movie would be perfect, expanding on Dandys place in the Universe, and maybe an expanded conflict with the Gogol empire and etc.

The most painful part for me is that Dandy could easily be 10 seasons long. Just adventure after adventure, no need to advance a plotline or explain consequences. It could've run for years without exposition. Or at least limited exposition.

As brilliant a show as it is, it really didn't need the Bebop/Champloo treatment.

it could have been another Galaxy Angel.

>It's because there's barely any overarching plot or character backstory
Literally every other anime has that. The fact that this doesn't makes it unique and interesting.

Sorry user, I havent watched enough anime to understand this reference.

i loved it while it was airing because each episode had its own staff/style/feel to it. the preview gave me a hint of what to expect next week, but each episode was its own little world within the Dandy universe. Watanabe said in an interview that he wanted to make the show a platform for other animators to have fun and go wild with - a cast of characters in a vast, unhinged universe that they could do what they wanted with. Watching it the 2nd time and knowing what to expect from each episode let me see just how different each one was from the last - yet they were all very Dandy in their own way.

And don't even get me started on that once in a lifetime god send of an OST.

I'm not surprised

>that episode
Man, Dandy had the best love stories. 4th dimensional creature, QT and the coffeebot, Dandy and Scarlet at the resort in season 2. Shit was fantastic.

dont forget, the world with no sadness ended as a love story, too. funny how the sappy rom-com episodes ended up being some of the absolute best ones. it still hurts that a FUCKING BUS cock blocked scarlett and dandy - such a perfect, shitty ending to such a beautiful episode.

Best

OH FUCK YEAH WORLD WITH NO SADNESS

Can't believe I forgot my favorite fucking episode. Jesus I get goosebumps just thinking about the scene where Dandy is running from the sky things and the lute guy just riffs something right there for it. Brilliant fucking shit.

>mfw the ambulance runs over Kiras face and fucking explodes it
Theres no way part 5 will be better than Morioh

Apart from Spirited Away, no anime has had such an intense melancholic experience on myself.

Paranoia Agent really hit me in the weird feels because I was like 13 when I bought it. Same with Evangelion.

Bebop hit me in the the feels but I saw it with a friend.

Watching all of Dandy alone really just fucking hits you with constant existential dread. Why does he even matter? Why do we?

Makes me question why the fuck I work for my salary thats for sure.

I...I think you're in the wrong thread.

Fuck
well you have nice hair mr space cowboy

if you forgot about one of the actual best episodes of any anime that year, i think you're overdue for a rewatch

i don't think i watched a single episode of dandy alone. me and my cousin got drunk and smoked before each episode on saturday nights and had a blast - we saw all his other shows so it was only natural. it was a constant reminder of why i loved the medium - it was gorgeous, funny, creative and completely of itself.

knowing that other people actually imagined and produced all of it makes me want to be a better reader, writer and person

T-thanks Desu

>knowing that other people actually imagined and produced all of it makes me want to be a better reader, writer and person

Absolutely. I watched some with my GF, some with my friend, but on a personal level shows liike this always seem to rip me out of my life and say
"Hey, why did you squander all those chances?"
This is one of the few shows of any medium that have done this to me multiple times.
It is altogether terrifying shameful and exhilarating. Especially when extremely stoned.
Dont mean to sound pretentious.

Probably could use a rewatch but I lent my Blurays to a friend. Trying to find a decent torrent of all the episodes in dual audio.

Also I didn't watch it alone either. Crazily enough my father would watch it with me and he isn't a huge fan of anime, but he loves Dandy. Came on at the perfect time for the first half, old Family Guy reruns on Adult Swim before Toonami opened with it.

I enjoyed the first season but I don't feel the need to watch the second season.

Its pretty hit and miss, but I enjoy the love put into it.