Dungeon Meshi is OBJECTIVELY the best "RPG World" manga out there. You simply cannot dispute this fact

Dungeon Meshi is OBJECTIVELY the best "RPG World" manga out there. You simply cannot dispute this fact.

Its because its one of the few Japan does that isn't actually a video game or uses a ruleset from video games

I haven't read enough RPG manga to dispute it, but I doubt you have read enough to make the claim.

Either way, it's a good manga.

You just hate 2D pretty women, tumblr whale.

>RPG World
>the best

>RPG World
But it isn't. It's a standard fantasy world.

Its a fucking fantasy setting, not a fucking MMO video game you fucking cancer stick.

It's fucking fantasy nigga hwat

What makes it good is that it doesn't have stupid ass rpg rules.

Only thing bad about DM is how it started the whole "cooking as filler" shit

>it started
No, it did not.

The reason I call it RPG World is mainly the dungeon part of the world setting. Sure, it's nothing as blatant as leveling up or skills, but the way they explain how the dungeon works, as well as the way they handle death, is very RPG like. Note, I didn't say MMO, or even video game.

I'm not sure why you called me that.

You're right.

plz don't bully OP for saying 'RPG,' he clearly meant in a D&D sense, not the MMO WoW shit that most anime fantasy draws from

t. fa/tg/uy neckbeard

Shoo shoo newfag,dungeons predate rpgs by miles.

>RPG World

It was the best one until they killed the Red Dragon, now it's shit.

>dungeons predate rpgs

they do

Dungeon Meshi is literally Wizardry, bro.

Most anime fantasy draws from D&D

Historical dungeons did not look the way that DnD dungeons do.
Equating them is silly.
And RPGs are older either way.

Actually, it draws from Wizardry, which itself draws from Dungeons & Dragons.

The Blade Cuisinart is a good weapon.

I gave it the 3 episode rule, looked like shit.

Yes,most popular example in fiction would be hobbit although its not the only one.

Then there are real life dungeons on which fantasy dungeons based

there is another one that's pretty decent too.
Don't rememer the name, but it's some fat neet who dies and is reborn in a fantasy universe with his memories intact, and starts out being the typical lewd little shit that he was, fantasizing about his "mom" and about having a little sister, but has to learn to become a better person and avoid the errors that led him to become a piece of shit in his Earth life, and there seem to be a moderately interesting plot developing.

Also tolkiens works in general feature Dungeons which are similar to the modern ones. Given how big effect Tlkien had on western fantasy, its no wonder that rpgs copy the world he created

poor OP should've started a normal meshi thread

It's called fantasy world you tard. Not everything you read is a RPG world/isekai.

What a niwaka.

Nah bruh

tabletop RPGs owe a lot more to Swords and Sorcery types like Michael Moorcock and Fritz Lieber than Tolkein

Sure they do but were talking about dungeons here. You could make an argument that Greek mythos&Dantes Inferno are the earliest works featuring dungeons.

Its ignorant to think that rpg elements like dungeons and elves were created in last 50 years

Well, of course. If we're talking about dungeons of the real world. But we aren't.

Not sure why I'm getting flak about using the term RPG World. It has many features consistently in line with game such as Dungeons and Dragons. And I'm not it's isekai, either.

Greeks had plenty of dungeons in their literature. Minotaurs labyrinth is a dungeon instance in many modern RPGs and the original version predates those by thousand years.

Dungeons arent novel nor are they anything new

It's true that DM has a lot of RPG influences. For starter, the whole setting is called a dungeon even though, technically, it's more of an underground kingdom. The dungeon itself is separated into levels with clearly defined depths and characteristics. Then there's how magic is handled, particularly with how ressurection is accomplished and how often it is done (compared to other fantasies settings).

However, DM is leagues above the isekai crap and other Ainz Fag-Ghoul shit that comes out for a few reasons:
- It takes its setting very seriously with coherent worldbuilding
- The characters / monsters / weapons aren't defined by their levels, the damages they do isn't defined in numeral value (for exemple, no shit like "Kensuke - B Class Sword - 25-29 damages on successful hit - 15% chance of detecting threats")

Some chapters in particulars feel very /tg/-like in how the characters takes a third option to solve a situation, like the frogsuit chapter, so I guess that's what I was getting at, it's like a tabletop RPG campaign narrated by a proper GM.

oops
forgot to add /objectively/i to my filters
won't be seeing your shitposting again, but I will still wish you a merry christmas

>Not sure why I'm getting flak about using the term RPG World.

It's because "RPG world" implies that there exist "skills" and exp and other things that feel blatantly gamey instead of incorporating these mechanics naturally into the world. The only situation where game mechanics get a free pass is when there's an actual game involved like in SAO or Log Horizon. Otherwise they really degrade the authenticity of the setting.

It's not like game mechanics actually exist in a D&D campaign, they're just there for representation. Well, unless your DM is running some kind of metagame.

You think Greeks didn't play RPGs?
The only reason why we can't find their rule books to Mazes and Minotaurs is because their embarrassed parents burned them.

RPGs are old as fuck.

Not while this exist.

Also,

>Meshi
>isn't actually a video game or uses a ruleset from video games

You have to be joking

I see what you're saying, but I feel like you're looking at the concept similarities. I was looking at it from a more literal point a view. Like, RPGs have dungeons, and the dungeon in DM is literally that. But, I feel that you're correct in saying that the idea of a dungeon is very old.

I'm not shitposting, I just really like Dungeon Meshi. You have a merry Christmas, too.

I guess using RPG World is automatically associated with "videogame world" ? I guess I should have worded it better, but I don't think I'm entirely wrong, either. As said, I still see a lot of RPG influence.

>>Meshi
>>isn't actually a video game or uses a ruleset from video games

I'm not sure what you mean here.

>I'm not sure what you mean here.
People think RPG is shorthand for MMORPG.

stravaganza is good, but dungeon meshi is way better

>I'm not sure what you mean here.

That meshi is obviously game based too. And I love Meshi, but saying that is not like a videogame is pure denial.

ITs basically Wizardry, You crawl the dungeon of a mad sorcerer, resurrecting the fallen ones. If oyu don't want to check the games there is an old Wizardy ova, check it, and you'll see.

>what are PnP RPGs

Stravaganza has nudity and yuri.

Checkmate meshifags

Dumb frogposter.

I see it doesn't have a yuri tag on mangaupdates.

And better world building too. The giants were already good but the new town with the beast niggers is amazing.

Also, arguable best story too, or may be "best" is not the work, but is nice to see a fantasy story that tries to be its own thing without any sort of game mechanics.

Theyre gonna fug soon user, I know it

Wizardy gets that from old pen and paper RPGs, though. I feel DM is more akin to those old RPGs than to an RPG video game.

All we know that maid can't end well, she is either gonna die or become evil or happen to be evil all along.

Black hair is an evil treacherous witch. calling for it now.

>has nudity and yuri
you must be 18+ to be here

Dont you dare to jinx my OTP
I am

so you have to be a kid to like titties?

Age gap is the best tag.

its hard to find good stuff with that and yuri though,
thought I found a good artist that did, but then I found out the rest of what he does is futa on loli.

Name?

if you are into into futaXloli you probably already know the artist.

Good point.

They will kill red dragon imouto next, then kill dark elf. I expect good things out of these.

>red dragon imouto

I knew some shit like that was going to happen, but it still made me upset. A least we got a cute orc girl out of it.

I'm sort of interested in picking this up but I don't know if I can be bothered committing to another monthly updated manga. Is it nice?

I'm enjoying cute spider girl adventures just as much t.b.h.

I love Dungeon Meshi but I still prefer the world of Guru Guru as a RPG world.

She doesn't actually say this, does she? I don't remember it.

I think it's nice, yeah.

Get your reincarnation shit out of my Meshi thread, cancerfag.

I'll give this a whirl, my friend.

>dude author drawing shoujo-ish manga
Interesting.

Im more intrigued about the art style. It feels old although that might be because current anime art is trash made by incompetent mangakas.

While I personally agree with your choice, the idea of any kind of objective "best" existing within any form of art is ludicrous.

But user, art is only the pale imitation of the ideal form. Therefore, the piece that is closest to the ideal has obtained the firm resemblance of perfection. Thus, it is "best".

But no one can agree on the ideal form.

His advanced stuff really reminds me of Mori-sensei.

well

yes

Ideal forms are beyond matters of opinion. They transcend human difference and are entirely independent and immutable.

>Ideal forms are beyond matters of opinion.
If the ideal isn't about taste, then what does it matter?

Show 1 example of an ideal form that we can all agree on with no one preferring anything else.

tRPGs > cRPGs

tRPG manga > cRPG manga

Simple as that.

What about tcRPGs, where you have a real GM creating and manipulating the world for you in real time, but you get the benefit of pretty graphics?

The prettiest graphics are always the ones in your mind.

Does even a game like that exist?

I disagree.

This sounds interesting, sure you don't remember the name?

It's a theoretical possibility and people are aiming for it..
I haven't really gotten into DnD, but from what I heard it has a program now that allows you to follow your battles on the computer.

Also, I heard something about Neverwinter Nights multiplayer, though I never played that game.

I should really expand my horizon.

Helck is best.
Although I'm not even sure if it can be called RPG world, it has "levels" which are meaningless buzzword, you could just say characters are strong-weak and "heroes" - guys that "level up" really fast and have special abilities (but other people have them too so whatever).
Doesn't use any RPG elements otherwise and is just fantasy otherwise.

That's the thing about ideal forms. We can try to grasp it all we want, but as humans it's next to impossible for us to produce it. That's what art is, the pursuit of the ideal form.

>I guess using RPG World is automatically associated with "videogame world" ?

Yep, that seems to be the case.

/tg/ has your back here, by the way, this whole manga has played out like a DM's creative campaign idea - you can practically see the players roleplaying behind each character. The interchangeability of the party makeups is also extremely PnP RPGesque, hell the party wipe into new adventure is a classic adventure hook used by GMs for groups that have experienced a sudden shakeup in the group like several members leaving at once or not being available to play at a good time anymore.

>Helck
>Best than anything

Well how about you stick to its threads then?

Very well constructed point there, user. I didn't make some of those parallels in my mind until now, thank you.

The best thing coming out of this show:

I always wondered, why there are not HIGH fantasy manga that use Japan as reference?

I mean, when we talk about fantasy is always in an original medieval setting based on medieval europe that makes use of western folklore (elves, dwarves, harpys).

Man, there is even high fantasy worlds based on china but that are not china like Saiunkoku monogatari or Yona.

But there is no manga with original settings based on medieval Japan. And the curious part is that there is lot of fantasy stories set on medieval Japan though, but is always actual Japan or some form of alternative history Japan, not original worlds based on Japan.

Why arent you reading stravaganza user?

isn't inuyasha that?

Shut the fuck up Plato, you were smart for an Athenian but your ideas are thousands of years out of date.

Inuyasha takes place in past Japan

>Dungeon Meshi and Stravaganza on the same thread
>Almost Christmas

Today was a good day

because scans are scarce and no hype behind it.

It's full of "that" outdated humor, but I still feel like the overall story is pretty fun and Kukuri is cute as hell.

Also the finale of the first season is the two going into the final boss' room but istantly quitting and asking him to wait because they want to have a longer journey together

>There are no doujins about these two semen demons

I cant believe this has been allowed to happen