What are your favorites from that era?

Mine are pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WkcLMapo_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did I miss any?

No.

Lupin III

Joe and RoV are the only two 70s shows worth watching, the rest got completely eclipsed by newer titles.

3000 leagues in search of mother is my favorite TV anime.

The original gundam was groundbreaking for creating the real robot genre and showcasing brutal war in a genre that was usually about robots with voice commanded attacks, fighting dinosaur like monsters.

>Implying

Recap movies are a better alternative.

As someone who has seen bother shows it makes perfect sense why people care about one and don't give a shit about the other. Gunbuster is way more than the basic sports formula with hours of reused animation of the MC getting hit with tennis balls and falling to the ground.

>exact same story formula
>it's much more than that

Clearly blinded by OVA animation production values. The Ace o Nerae movie is also far superior than any Buster material out there.

Gunbuster is 6 episodes of some dumb brat falling down and crying, where as only the first arc of Ace wo nerae is as you described. If the TV series is too long for you then watch the movie. If you want "way more than the basic sports formula" try watching the entire thing instead of merely the first arc.

OK what exactly is supposed to be so impressive about Oka's plight? And as far as I'm aware the entire thing isn't subbed.

How did you enjoy best movie of the decade?
youtube.com/watch?v=2WkcLMapo_Y

Hipster trash, fuck off.

Watched episode 53, could have ended there.

It's the best slideshow

I liked the proto-Ghibli stuff best.

It's okay but I wouldn't say it's the best.

Gunbuster was really bad in comparison.
Ace wo nerae really fleshed out every character, with exception of the Maki, I guess?

I saw it in the theater, this weekend.
Was excellent.

Not just proto-ghibli. Miyazaki and Takahata basically invented the shonen anime as we know it today.

>70s animeme
Inoffensive shit for MAL "elitist" cucks to jerk each other off to and pretend to be cultured

Not sure Conan is really representative of the modern shounen, but yeah pretty much all modern anime grew out of this lineage.

Galaxy Express 999 TV. It was really hit-or-miss and could get repetitive with its concepts but I loved the episodic nature of it exploring different planets and ways of life.

Yamato, too, but I highly prefer 2199. It's a remake that is superior in every way to the original imo.

>MAL
>implying
I'm pretty sure MAL doesn't care about 70s anime.

Shows from the 70s didn't age nearly as well both story, character, and animation wise compared to shows from the 80s.

I disagree, I think in terms of television alone the 70s own.

The 80s were honestly not that good for TV anime the further they got from the 70s.

It's basically Gunbuster but not dumbed down for retarded waifufag otaku. Unless you like Shitbuster only for "Muh Pubes" there's no reason you wouldn't see Aim for the Ace is better.

Unless you can articulate these qualities ace wo nare is suppose to have you are basically just pretending an obscure spots show is better than one of the most well remembered mecha.

>Shit show nobody in Japan really cares about
vs
>A series by the greatest director to ever live
>All time best selling series
>Still culturally relevant today
>So popular somebody decided to make a parody anime about it (Gunbuster)
Hmm....

>obscure spots show
Wait you're kidding right? You do know Ace wo Nerae lead to a huge tennis boom in Japan.

Not to mention it's one of the best selling shoujo manga of all time. It's literally one of the most influential series' of all time, in regards to the industry.

You are so cool!

Thanks.

Mine
>Doraemon

It's just so odd, how ahead of the curve japan was with it's ''cartoons'', even in the 70's. Soviet Russia had stop motion cartoons and america had looney toons. Meanwhile japan has A historical drama about marie antoinette's bodyguard, A drama about the life of a boxer and a war drama that shocked the audience with how scary it was.

How did japan do that?

America & The Soviet Union were busy pushing human technology beyond what anyone thought possible

While Japan was drawing children's cartoons

Ultraman Joneus, no contest

My favorites are:
The Dezaki anime:
>Ace o Nerae!
>Ashita no Joe
>Takarajima
>Versailles no Bara
The Sci-Fi classics:
>Ginga Tetsudou 999
>Kidou Senshi Gundam
>Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock
>Uchuu Senkan Yamato (including the sequels)
The WMT anime:
>Akage no Anne
>Alps no Shoujo Heidi
>Flanders no Inu
>Haha o Tazunete Sanzenri
>Perrine Monogatari
The best anime of all time:
>Candy Candy

How do you feel about 2199? How about 999 movies versus TV?

Folks like Bakshi and Norstein somehow weren't ahead of the curve?

They are both worth watching.

>Gunbuster is way more than the basic sports formula with hours of reused animation of the MC getting hit with tennis balls and falling to the ground.
You are in another level of shit taste.

Daitarn, Zambot, and 0079.
Step your ga/m/e up, Sup Forums.

I love Cutey Honey

The acrylic scene was incredible

Are you talking shit about looney tunes?

I've only seen Cagliostro, charming movie.

I only got 0079 and Daimos.

Spoiler alert, dude!

>It's a remake that is superior in every way to the original imo.

nope.

>How about 999 movies versus TV?

999 movies are more leijiverse general meet-up than 999, and since Harlock is in them he ends up stealing the show a lot just by being such a huge character.

Watch the show first before the movies as they spoil the TV over-arching plot.

Damn! And they weren't even anime siblings that are genderbent versions of each other.

Ashita no Joe 2is my favourite anime of all time.

Thinking highly of your mood swing fuelled melodrama is only meaningful if you can form an actual argument for the shows strengths. Something nobody ITT was able to produce.

What anime from the 70s should I watch during Christmas break? Maybe some sci-fi title?

>and a war drama that shocked the audience with how scary it was
Zambot 3?

Zambot 3 is not about a war. There is just some crazy guy who loves to turn people into bombs.

Well, captain Harlock is a good watch, since he is one of the coolest characters in anime history.

Will do, thanks.

Fight me.

My nigga.

I started on Ace wo Nerae recently, and so far, after 12 episodes, it has been great. But now I worry that there will be romance between the girl and the teacher, which I really don't want. I hope I'm wrong.

And I saw some gints to it in a plot synopsis for the movie, so I have food reasons to worry about it.

I came to post this.

I mean, that doesn't happen, they just have a strong tennis bond.

New decade, New thread.

Fuck off.