Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we will finish the last couple of chapters of volume 5 and then all of volume 6. You may notice a familiar face once we hit the Monster World RPG arc.

Previous Threads:

(cont. from vol. 5)

Chapter 41

Good going, OP. I don't think the last guy that dumped the manga finished.

I'm still here, OP.

Chapter 42

I really wish the anime didn't go full duel monsters and actually stuck with the earlier material. Watching the sub from the dub is an entirely different experience, and reading this from the anime is even more surreal.

Well one of the good things Duel Monsters did was actually give the story a focused plot and outlet for character development so I think it worked out fine. There's no telling how the story would've gone if Duel Monsters never happened. Maybe some stuff involving Shadi and Egypt but it's not concrete enough to say.

HOLY SHIT!

YUGI HAS A MOTHER!

Starting Vol 6 now

Chapter 43

I guess Kaz was looking for something to make bank from. A lot of these games could still sell decently today.

Paper cards are probably a lot cheaper to make than monster chess pieces and Rock Em Sock Em Robots

well, cant blame the guy, he has a good plan.

also, this.

that monster fight game looks actually good, tho.

if konami made Dungeondice monsters, they should have tried this too.

>Dungeon dice
Don't remind me. I loved that more than the card game.

Problem is that I can totally see tons of parents complaining about how their toys don't work or their kids breaking them, while card games are much less prone to breaking. It would still be a cool game, but I'd imagine it would be moderately successful, then plummet once kids start giving up on replacing them.

Damn, I need to go do something right now. It might take a while for me to come back to my computer, like maybe an hour or two. I'll definitely dump the rest of the volume when I come back so try to keep the thread from page 10 if you can. Thanks!

Alrighty, OP.

bump.

How does this card work?

She was in two episodes of DM. The filler where Rebecca challenges yugi and the Anzu date. Latter was cut from the dub.

really?

i centainly dont remember the first one.

dude, maybe OP's not here, but its not recommendable to post images yet...

When you summon this card from your hand or flip summon it, destroy all other face-up monsters on the field.
At the end of your turn, return the monster to your hand.
Cannot be special summoned.

It was a split second unspoken cameo when yugi went to the hospital to meet sugoroku.

Are there download links for this? The .zip on the blog you previously posted is dead

well, that explains it. unless yugi did refer to her as her mom, which well, i dont remember,

So you can just spam it every turn?

Technically yes, but it does require sacrificing a monster to summon it. You can not simply use a card to Special Summon it, since that is not allowed. And remember that it's effect targets your own monsters as well, meaning you need to have some face-down ones already.
There are some Rock-type monsters which allow to be placed back face-down, maybe you could use those for some synergy.

Bump

> Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017

Has there been a listing for places in Canada?
Any time I search I could only find tickets being sold in American theatres.

bump

Bump

OP here, thanks for keeping the thread alive. Let's resume

Chapter 44

As far as I know not yet. Only US listings but Canada listings should be up soon.

So now it went from D'arby the Gambler to an actual stand fight. Go figure.

Well Kaz is a huge Jojo fan so not surprising to see he was inspired by Araki